Our history is NOT a myth

Posted: 10 years ago
I raised this doubt couple of days back in the 'doubts and discussions' section. Not many people have noticed it so opening a new thread. The mods can quickly close this down but hopefully they will realize the seriousness and take some action.
Hinduism is not a myth. Ramayan, Mahabharat etc are in our history. Durga, Shiv, Krishna etc. are not from a harry potter book.
So please stop calling it all 'mythology'. I have never heard 'Islamic mythology', 'Christian mythology'. Please stop aping westerners and putting down our religion like this.

Those who still insist on calling our history as mythology, I would love to read the logic and explanation behind it. Maybe I'm in the wrong and hinduism is a myth afterall.

thanq ðŸ˜Š
napster...guess, u need to understand two things first:
1) the meaning of mythology
20 Christian mythology does exist...n if u wanna read about it...try finding about satan worship...sunday story, etc...!!!!
pls explain the meaning of mythology to me then. for me and I'm sure for majority here, Hinduism in not a myth.
Originally posted by napster

I raised this doubt couple of days back in the 'doubts and discussions' section. Not many people have noticed it so opening a new thread. The mods can quickly close this down but hopefully they will realize the seriousness and take some action.
Hinduism is not a myth. Ramayan, Mahabharat etc are in our history. Durga, Shiv, Krishna etc. are not from a harry potter book.
So please stop calling it all 'mythology'. I have never heard 'Islamic mythology', 'Christian mythology'. Please stop aping westerners and putting down our religion like this.

Those who still insist on calling our history as mythology, I would love to read the logic and explanation behind it. Maybe I'm in the wrong and hinduism is a myth afterall.

thanq ðŸ˜Š

Great to see some good souls still trying to get this point across. ðŸ˜Š

I stopped trying a while ago (not on online forums though), yes, yes, I quit, I'm sorry. 
Edited by sherlock - 10 years ago
Originally posted by wildcat1994

napster...guess, u need to understand two things first:
1) the meaning of mythology
20 Christian mythology does exist...n if u wanna read about it...try finding about satan worship...sunday story, etc...!!!!

I would like to believe that I do understand the meaning of the word mythology. ðŸ˜Š

So I am sorry but I'm not getting your point, just because "christian mythology does exist" as you say, how is that sort of a valid reason for clubbing all of ancient Hindu history as mythology??

Are you sure the everything related to "satan worship" throughout history can be clubbed as "christian mythology", with no historical basis whatsoever??

Edited by sherlock - 10 years ago
Originally posted by sherlock

Great to see some good souls still trying to get this point across. ðŸ˜Š

I stopped trying a while ago (not on online forums though), yes, yes, I quit, I'm sorry. 
Hindus themselves don't care my friend. I thought I was the first one trying this out. Didn't the moderators reply to you on this? ðŸ˜• 

oh i didn't read the 'not on online..' ðŸ˜³
Edited by napster - 10 years ago

I would like to believe that I do understand the meaning of the word mythology. ðŸ˜Š

So I am sorry but I'm not getting your point, just because "christian mythology does exist" as you say, how is that sort of a valid reason for clubbing all of ancient Hindu history as mythology??

Are you sure the everything related to "satan worship" throughout history can be clubbed as "christian mythology"??

😆 

this is why I left on the member to explain us the meaning of mythology and how god is a myth
Originally posted by napster

Hindus themselves don't care my friend. I thought I was the first one trying this out. Didn't the moderators reply to you on this? ðŸ˜• 

As I said my friend, I don't try explaining these things to people on online forums, for these are rather boring platforms. You've moderators controlling things, replies take days to materlize, and by that time, you lose all interest, or have simply forgotten what you wrote where in which thread. ðŸ˜†

Its in a real life situation, yes, that's where the fun is discussing these things, especially when there are people hell bent on proving you worng, so at times, it turns into a shouting match, & if it got really funny & the participants of "civilised discussions" turn out to be manly enough & not averse to some violence, yes, that's where the real fun is discussing these things. ðŸ˜†

As I said my friend, I don't try explaining these things to people on online forums, for these are rather boring platforms. You've moderators controlling things, replies take days to materlize, and by that time, you lose all interest, or have simply forgotten what you wrote where in which thread. ðŸ˜†

Its in a real life situation, yes, that's where the fun is discussing these things, especially when there are people hell bent on proving you worng, so at times, it turns into a shouting match, & if it got really funny & the participants of "civilised discussions" turn out to be manly enough & not averse to some violence, yes, that's where the real fun is discussing these things. ðŸ˜†
I did not even know IF had this forum. Came here through Mahabharat forum and this is the first thing I noticed. 

Agree on the pace of things ðŸ˜ƒ 

here I'm lucky, all real life people I have come across agree atleast on this point. I did have a big contest with a friend who didn't agree that Snape was not a fullon -ve character ðŸ¤£ 
Even I support this thread. Should not be named 'mythology' when I'm sure most of the members here agree that our religion is not some story that has now been accepted as history... bole to, mythology 😆

oh, imagine a new religion cropping up in some 'centuries' where ppl believe that HP really existed, go looking for the ring from LOTR 🤣
I'd like to join in and look for Sherlock who would definitely look like Benedict 😳  😆