Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: napster

I did have a big contest with a friend who didn't agree that Snape was not a fullon -ve character ðŸ¤£ 

😆 ðŸ˜†

So I believe you won that contest, right??
napster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sherlock

😆 ðŸ˜†

So I believe you won that contest, right??

I did, it was fun ðŸ¤£
napster thumbnail

Originally posted by: _dkmystery_

Even I support this thread. Should not be named 'mythology' when I'm sure most of the members here agree that our religion is not some story that has now been accepted as history... bole to, mythology 😆

oh, imagine a new religion cropping up in some 'centuries' where ppl believe that HP really existed, go looking for the ring from LOTR 🤣
I'd like to join in and look for Sherlock who would definitely look like Benedict 😳  😆

thanq

yes i gave HP as an example. how can someone think HP will be a mythology and equate with our scriptures? ðŸ˜• ðŸ˜† 
but maybe we are wrong and afterall someone intelligent at IF must have thought of this. maybe now they will merge this forum with hp and twilight forums ðŸ˜†
sherlock thumbnail

I'd like to join in and look for Sherlock who would definitely look like Benedict 😳  😆

You CLAIRVOYANT or something, buddy. ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜² 

I really do look like Benedict. ðŸ˜†
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

You CLAIRVOYANT or something, buddy. ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜² 

I really do look like Benedict. ðŸ˜†

oh god, atlast one bbc sherlock fan on IF.. YAY!  😆
sherlock thumbnail

oh god, atlast one bbc sherlock fan on IF.. YAY!  😆

Arrr...well, you know, the only one I liked in the episodes I saw was Louise Brealey. 

She had an inexplicably cute screen presence in that show, hard to explain, but I liked her. ðŸ˜Š
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Arrr...well, you know, the only one I liked in the episodes I saw was Louise Brealey. 

She had an inexplicably cute screen presence in that show, hard to explain, but I liked her. ðŸ˜Š

I'm a fan of the whole show, cast and crew... will surely go old waiting for the 3rd series 😆
saw Ben in this show for the 1st time (didn't quite notice him in atonement) and fell in love 😳 😆

Louise to mast hai yar, even in real life her thoughts on stuff made me a big fan! and Molly, I'm waiting to see how she helped Sher.
damn, how i wish there was a separate forum on sherlock, not only BBC version but all could gather and then we'd call that a mythological forum too 😆
sherlock thumbnail

I'm a fan of the whole show, cast and crew... will surely go old waiting for the 3rd series 😆 

Rest assured, you won't. If what I heard is correct, then the third series is already being shot. 

Louise to mast hai yar, 

Yes, she is. ðŸ˜ƒ

damn, how i wish there was a separate forum on sherlock, not only BBC version but all could gather and then we'd call that a mythological forum too 😆 

😆 ðŸ˜†

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Hi Napster, welcome to the forum. :-)

I guess people's definition of mythological is different, because all of us here definitely do believe our puranas are history. For me, mythological is something divine. While I believe the Ramayan and Mahabharat are historical events, there is also a divine aspect to them which makes them different from other historical events, which is why I use the term "mythology" to differentiate them from something like the Rajput wars or Mughal Era, but I definitely don't mean to apply that these scriptures are fiction. I believe in them 100%. 😊

However, if people want to change the name of the forum, that's fine by me.

We could call it Puranic Palace or something. 😆
napster thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Hi Napster, welcome to the forum. :-)

I guess people's definition of mythological is different, because all of us here definitely do believe our puranas are history. For me, mythological is something divine. While I believe the Ramayan and Mahabharat are historical events, there is also a divine aspect to them which makes them different from other historical events, which is why I use the term "mythology" to differentiate them from something like the Rajput wars or Mughal Era, but I definitely don't mean to apply that these scriptures are fiction. I believe in them 100%. 😊

However, if people want to change the name of the forum, that's fine by me.

We could call it Puranic Palace or something. 😆

Hi JanakiRaghunath, thanks for the welcome ðŸ˜Š

for me, each time I hear the word mythology, it is only for our hindu scriptures and sounds myth from where mythology comes. i understand that those participating on this forum mostly agree that ramayan, mahabharat are not fiction or a myth, so then why call them so?

imagine how a muslim would feel if they were told, hey your religion is mythology. i didn't see any islamic post on this forum so maybe this is why they stay away from here? I am new here, so maybe i'm wrong on this. 
just a few days back, a muslim friend of mine said "i will not watch mahabharat bcoz it is mythology and it does not interest me". i had a tough time explaining to her that mahabharat actually happened and even though hindus themselves call it a myth, it is not.

as for changing the name, i see not many interested in accepting that we are accepting our religion as a mythology so I leave it on you senior members to decide ðŸ˜Š