Frequent Posters

1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Hi NB! 

meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
K - how are you? Hope the stomach is all settled down now?
BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

It goes goood! I got an offer today! :D

How's your health? How's M? What delicacies has she or you tried today?
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: meera30

Ah you reminded me of this. I love this song

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xthAVytCTPI[/YOUTUBE]

I LOVE that song too. And it just reminded me of something that I had written back when IPK fever was raging.

It had been inspired by a video of Arnav and Khushi set to this song. And I'd basically done a character comparison of the cast of Othello and the cast of IPKKND.

When you think about it, the character archetypes are VERY similar. Not plot, of course.

But IPK could have fit VERY well into Othello's 'verse.
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Hi NB! Hope apna gaon apna des is treating you well (other than technical difficulties like stomach infections, of course).
meera30 thumbnail
Oh absolutely bang on! IPK's characters fit perfectly in the Othello mould! Why didn't I ever see it?

But they would have never lived it through. They screwed it up royally.
Hot_Chocolate thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
IPK and Othello?
Make me understand.?
CheshireBilli thumbnail

Originally posted by: meera30

Oh absolutely bang on! IPK's characters fit perfectly in the Othello mould! Why didn't I ever see it?

But they would have never lived it through. They screwed it up royally.

I'm actually very grateful that they didn't.

Othello is one of my most favourite works of Shakespeare. And anything half-baked would have pissed me off to no end.

Also, I really don't need another tragedy. I need my happy-place-SKD's. So I'm glad IPK and Othello didn't cross-over ever.

But speaking of Hindi serials and classics, there is this one show called Uttaran that I believe still runs.

I only ever watched about a week's worth of episodes of it LONG ago. And the REASON I watched it was that I'd randomly found it and at that point the story reminded me SO much of Gone With The Wind! There was a Scarlett who was in love with an Ashley who was married to a Melanie. And then there was a Rhett who understood Scarlett and loved her but she couldn't see it.

It was BIZARRE. Of course, it didn't stick and I stopped watching.
CheshireBilli thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Avanti.

IPK and Othello?
Make me understand.?

Not plot, Avanti. Just character archetypes.

Think about the similarities in characterization (not plot elements/ circumstances, etc) of the characters of--

Arnav and Othello
Khushi and Desdemona
Shyam and Iago
NK and Cassio
even Anjali and Emelia

Arnav could very well have been the dark, charming Moor who captivated the young, stunning Desdemona with his flamboyant air and adventures and stories. And Shyam could just as easily have been the cunning Iago, biding his time and looking for revenge. NK would be the sweet, hot headed and flirtatious Cassio who becomes friends with Desdemona.
How easy would it have been for Shyam to sow the seeds of doubt and mistrust in Arnav's mind until jealousy and possessiveness and anger consumed his very soul. Until his love and his jealousy drove him wild and he actually killed Khushi. And then when the truth is revealed, he is unable to bear the grief and the burden of what he's done, and he kills himself.

If someone actually wrote that and did justice to it, I would cry. I would cry BUCKETS.

Edited by Semanti - 10 years ago
meera30 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Semanti

I'm actually very grateful that they didn't.

Othello is one of my most favourite works of Shakespeare. And anything half-baked would have pissed me off to no end.

Also, I really don't need another tragedy. I need my happy-place-SKD's. So I'm glad IPK and Othello didn't cross-over ever.

But speaking of Hindi serials and classics, there is this one show called Uttaran that I believe still runs.

I only ever watched about a week's worth of episodes of it LONG ago. And the REASON I watched it was that I'd randomly found it and at that point the story reminded me SO much of Gone With The Wind! There was a Scarlett who was in love with an Ashley who was married to a Melanie. And then there was a Rhett who understood Scarlett and loved her but she couldn't see it.

It was BIZARRE. Of course, it didn't stick and I stopped watching.

My mother-in-law watches that without fail. I hate it. And hence I am usually writing when those women are screeching.

But then I couldn't...really really couldn't ever get Gone With The Wind. Not even Rhett Butler...And definitely not Scarlett...The movie is frikking 4.5 hours long!!