Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Khush-

@ bold... very nicely put ! πŸ‘ You can throw decent actors who look very pretty but this is what makes this pair a REGAL and ROYAL pair I feel! πŸ˜³ It's the understanding both R-P have about the royal mannerisms and regal posture they unconsciously display! πŸ‘
Also about the movie... actually throughout half the movie I was looking for Jalal's other wives and their reactions to be honest... πŸ˜† and I was shocked when all were Non existent! πŸ˜† The show is interesting with the politics all around! πŸ˜ƒ
This is back to a debate in forum, that they will bring this transparent end to Ruq lal relation before Akdha become lovers since our audience does not accept a hero with two physical relations at one time! πŸ˜† be it a realistic account! Ruq will do something in future where Jalal will distance from her! 

Hey thanks, Khush😊

Yes, I think it's amazing the way Paridhi and Rajat have brought that into their body language...Rajat toh still had some experience from his previous shows but Paridhi has really impressed me...It's more than just beauty...the styling and all helps, yes but body language is something the actor has to bring to the table and she does a FAB job of it...looks every inch the QueenπŸ‘...fierce, proud, dignified and compassionate.

LOL in the movie toh the harem was more or less EMPTY...haha...they only ever showed Jodha's maids running around in some bits...otherwise one might as well think that the entire space was empty just for Jodha-Jalal to roam around in during Jashn-e-bahara...lol

Re: Ruq...yes I do think it's going to be difficult for the audiences to see Jalal romancing Jodha and Ruq simultaneously...the writers will have to put in something to differentiate the relationships...very possibly a rift too.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I know recent tweet of Zee Tv says Ruquaiya will be seen pregnant, but I hardly doubt the pregnancy will last because as per historical records, Ruquaiya was a childless woman. If she was ever pregnant, none of the pregnancies lasted, which is why she was highly fond of Jahangir when he was born to Hira Bai/Jodha, and fonder still of his son Khurram (Shah Jahan). Records say that Ruquaiya adopted Akbar's grandson Khurram after he was born, taking him from his birth mother (Princess Manmati) and raising him herself with the permission of Akbar.

If this serial shows Ruquaiya having a child herself, it will be a major historical blooper! But this is an Ekta Kapoor show, so I highly doubt the pregnancy will last. πŸ˜†

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruqaiya_Sultan_Begum

At the age of nine, Princess Ruqaiya married her first cousin, Akbar, in November of 1551 at Kabul, Afghanistan, shortly after her husband's first appointment as a Viceroy in the province of Ghazni, Afghanistan.[9] The marriage was arranged by Ruqaiya's uncle and Akbar's father, Emperor Humayun, and took place soon after the untimely death of Ruqaiya's father, Hindal Mirza, who died in a battle.[10] Upon their marriage, Humayun conferred on the young couple, all the wealth of his deceased younger brother, Hindal, and, Ghazni, which was one of Hindal's jagir, was given to his nephew and son-in-law, Akbar, to whom were also transferred Hindal's army and adherents.[10][11]

Ruqaiya became Empress of the Mughal Empire at the age of fourteen years following her husband's accession to the throne in 1556. As empress, she bore the exalted title of Padshah Begum, a title reserved for the first lady of the Empire and the Emperor's principal consort and therefore, rightly bestowed upon Ruqaiya.[12]

Akbar's profound love and affection for his wife came to the fore in his early middle-age, when he stated that had he been wiser earlier in his life, he would not have married more than once. He regretted to have ever taken another wife apart from Ruqaiya, and even went so far as to recommend monogamy, saying, "To seek more than one wife is to work one's own undoing. In case she [the wife] were barren or bore no son, it might then be expedient."[13] Throughout her fifty three years of marriage, Ruqaiya remained childless, but assumed the primary responsibility for the upbringing of her grandson, Prince Khurram (the future Emperor Shah Jahan).[14]

When Khurram was born in 1592 and was only six days old, Akbar ordered that prince be taken away from his mother and handed him over to Ruqaiya so that he could grow up under her care.[3] Ruqaiya oversaw Khurram's education as well for she, unlike her husband, was well educated and fluent in many languages such as Turkish and Persian.[15][16] Ruqaiya and Khurram, therefore, shared a close relationship much like the relationship that Akbar had shared with Khurram (the prince had been a favourite of his grandfather). Khurram's father and Ruqaiya's step-son, Jahangir, noted that Ruqaiya had loved Khurram "a thousand times more than if he had been her own son".
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
While watching the show, I had a question. When I looked up information on Salima's character, I read that she and Bairam Khan were a childless couple, and that 9 years after her marriage to Akbar, she gave birth to a son. There is no mention of Rahim. Is he a character created by Ekta Kapoor, or is there a historical account that writes him as Salima's son with Bairam Khan?

Salima Sultan Begum

After only three years of marriage, Bairam Khan died in 1561 as a result of the intrigues against him instigated by Maham Anga, which culminated in his murder. Salima was subsequently married by her first cousin, Akbar, in the same year. She was three years and seven months older than him. Akbar had been greatly impressed by his talented cousin which was the main reasons for him marrying her aside from the fact that Salima was his only other wife apart from Ruqaiya, who was of the most exalted lineage, being a Timurid through her mother's side and thus, a granddaughter of Emperor Babur in the maternal line.[8]

Salima was Akbar's favourite wife apart from his first wife and chief consort, Ruqaiya Sultan Begum, and had a major say in the affairs of the state. Being an extensive reader, she kept accounts of her encounters with the Emperor and the state of affairs. Salima was thus, the most senior figure in the imperial harem after Ruqaiya and was second in status, power, and authority only to her. As a result, she wielded significant great influence in the imperial harem along with Ruqaiya. Both Salima and Ruqaiya's influence in the harem was unmatched by any of Akbar's other wives.[5]

After nine years of marriage with Akbar, Salima gave birth to a son, Prince Murad in 1570.[9] She still did not try to claim her son's position as Akbar's successor as she dearly loved Salim (the future Emperor Jahangir) and greatly supported him as her husband's successor along with Ruqaiya Begum; despite the fact that Salim had not proven to be a worthy future emperor. Another fact being that her son, Prince Murad, died before both Salima and Akbar in 1599.

The extent of Salima and Ruqaiya's influence in the Empire and over Akbar, came to the fore in the early 1600s, when both the women played a crucial role in negotiating a settlement between Akbar and Jahangir when the father-son's relationship turned sour, eventually helping to pave the way for Jahangir's accession to the throne.[10]

In 1575, Salima went for the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca along with her aunt Princess Gulbadan Begum and many other royal ladies.[11] Salima was an accomplished poetess and collected a library, to which apparently copy of all books had to be contributed, which had any currency in court circles.[12][13]

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

While watching the show, I had a question. When I looked up information on Salima's character, I read that she and Bairam Khan were a childless couple, and that 9 years after her marriage to Akbar, she gave birth to a son. There is no mention of Rahim. Is he a character created by Ekta Kapoor, or is there a historical account that writes him as Salima's son with Bairam Khan?

Salima Sultan Begum

After only three years of marriage, Bairam Khan died in 1561 as a result of the intrigues against him instigated by Maham Anga, which culminated in his murder. Salima was subsequently married by her first cousin, Akbar, in the same year. She was three years and seven months older than him. Akbar had been greatly impressed by his talented cousin which was the main reasons for him marrying her aside from the fact that Salima was his only other wife apart from Ruqaiya, who was of the most exalted lineage, being a Timurid through her mother's side and thus, a granddaughter of Emperor Babur in the maternal line.[8]

Salima was Akbar's favourite wife apart from his first wife and chief consort, Ruqaiya Sultan Begum, and had a major say in the affairs of the state. Being an extensive reader, she kept accounts of her encounters with the Emperor and the state of affairs. Salima was thus, the most senior figure in the imperial harem after Ruqaiya and was second in status, power, and authority only to her. As a result, she wielded significant great influence in the imperial harem along with Ruqaiya. Both Salima and Ruqaiya's influence in the harem was unmatched by any of Akbar's other wives.[5]

After nine years of marriage with Akbar, Salima gave birth to a son, Prince Murad in 1570.[9] She still did not try to claim her son's position as Akbar's successor as she dearly loved Salim (the future Emperor Jahangir) and greatly supported him as her husband's successor along with Ruqaiya Begum; despite the fact that Salim had not proven to be a worthy future emperor. Another fact being that her son, Prince Murad, died before both Salima and Akbar in 1599.

The extent of Salima and Ruqaiya's influence in the Empire and over Akbar, came to the fore in the early 1600s, when both the women played a crucial role in negotiating a settlement between Akbar and Jahangir when the father-son's relationship turned sour, eventually helping to pave the way for Jahangir's accession to the throne.[10]

In 1575, Salima went for the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca along with her aunt Princess Gulbadan Begum and many other royal ladies.[11] Salima was an accomplished poetess and collected a library, to which apparently copy of all books had to be contributed, which had any currency in court circles.[12][13]

No, rahim is very real. He was Bairam Khan's son from his first marriage. Do a google search for Abdul rahim Khan_I-Khanna, and you will know more about him. Salima actually made it clear in tonight's episode that Rahim is not her child, but the child of Bairam Khan and his first wife. Abdul Rahim was a very famous person, and one of the Navaratnas of Akbar's court later in his life. He was a famous poet and a devotee of Krishna. 
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
@Nureat , I'm officially a fan of your gifs , as you can see I'm using a lot of them in my siggy box . 
The gifs you made from the precap is very very beautiful . Do make gifs from the original scene once it airs tomorrow .

Paridhi looked gorgeous , ethereal to say the least in today's precap with her open . 
AreYaar thumbnail
Aug. 28th

Another nice epi...

LOL Jodha refuses Jalal's condition and Jalal's like I knew you'd refuse and walks off...lol...then Jodha is all huffy about why he kept such a condition in front of her and fumes about it too Moti...lol

Now Ruq's pregnancy...I did like the way they showed her happiness on receiving the news...but she instantly starts to think of the power this news will bring her too...I guess having spent her entire life managing power politics in the harem leaves her incapable of much else.

That said, her scene with Jalal when she breaks the news to him was quite nice...Jalal's happiness knew no bounds and he was so overwhelmed...beautifully performed by both actors and the affection b/w them is sweet.

But the fact that Ruq is thinking that this pregnancy will give her an upper hand over MA is probably a big hint that MA is the one who's going to have some hand in terminating this pregnancy by injuring Ruq in some form and maybe after that Ruq will be left incapable of conceiving...and it's possible MA might frame Jodha in the same too given that Ruq is quite jealous of Jodha already.

Ok, now coming to the highlight of the epi...lol the aarti scene...REALLY cute one...Jalal is busy exercising and watching Jodha surreptitiously as she goes about doing her tulsi aarti and pooja.

But Jodha surprisingly decides to go and give him aarti when she notices him standing off in a corner...justifying it to herself saying that it's God's aarti and she should give it to him even if she hates him...lol

Best part of the scene is the way Jalal's looking away and pretending like he doesn't care until Jodha deigns to walk over to him...lol...and then he thinks that she's there to do TILAK on him just like Mainavati did when he went to Amer for the wedding...lol so he BOWS before Jodha...lol...expecting a Tilak...haha the silent miscommunication there was hilarious...and Jodha's like what is he doing?  Then she tries to show him how to take the aarti but Jalal being the mischievous one that he is deliberately messes it up...and does chance pe dance as usual when Jodha is about to do it for him...

Jodha's one dialogue, "Talwar chalaane aur jung ke ilaava inhein KUCH nahin aata" was hilariousπŸ˜†

The aarti scene was very well directed in the bit when Jalal finally puts his hand down...and both him and Jodha have a hand on either side of the flame, and then Jalal takes the aarti properly, giving Jodha a look through the entire thing...lol and even after she leaves, he's brushing his burnt hand through his hair again thinking about her...lol
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Episode Review: 28/03/2013
Thank cvs..no fake pregnancy drama between AkDha.. And Jalal already knew that Jodha would say no.. πŸ˜Š

Ruquiya is laughing that Jodha would give the heir.. control ur laughter dear.. coz it is the future 

Well cvs made it seem that Jodha is indeed responsible for Ruquiya's pregnancy πŸ˜†.. the way she was praying to Kanha for somehow stopping ammijaan.. Next we hear ruquiya is pregnant.. thus hamida bano won't go to ajmer now..

The aarti scene was sooo cute.. loved it... too good πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

Ruquiya seems more interested in becoming Marium-uz-Zamani.. rather than being a mother ... she is more interested in the power..

Although really happy for Jalal.. but the AkDha fan in me can't see Ruquiya-Jalal celebrating.. πŸ˜­πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...strange how polygamous relationship works ...

MA is surely going to hurt Ruquiya and make her go through miscarriage.. and who knows the blame falls on Jodha.....Zee TV did tweet that MA is planning against Jodha πŸ€”..

If Jodha is implicated.. Jalal is never going to forgive her ..how will then AkDha bond 

Seems like all this happen over utsav time.. wherein in front of everyone ...big drama will happen.. Jalal has sent out invitations to everyone.. 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Poojie...

Episode Review: 28/03/2013

Although really happy for Jalal.. but the AkDha fan in me can't see Ruquiya-Jalal celebrating.. πŸ˜­πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...strange how polygamous relationship works ...

MA is surely going to hurt Ruquiya and make her go through miscarriage.. and who knows the blame falls on Jodha.....Zee TV did tweet that MA is planning against Jodha πŸ€”..

If Jodha is implicated.. Jalal is never going to forgive her ..how will then AkDha bond 

Seems like all this happen over utsav time.. wherein in front of everyone ...big drama will happen.. Jalal has sent out invitations to everyone.. 

Indeed...it's quite strange but I guess that was the norm of the time...what is so strange to us today was common for those people.  The many wives were happy for each other's pregnanciesπŸ˜†

Anyways, I guess we too have to compartmentalize and understand that each relationship has its own place...the Jalal-Ruq bond operates on a different level and their history is such...

With Jodha, Jalal has a different sort of fascination...as the aarti scene established too...

But I guess the writers will deffo do something to demarcate the relationships in the coming days as Jalal grows closer to Jodha and more distant from Ruq.

I don't think Jodha will be implicated...I think MA will make Ruq think that Jodha is responsible for her losing her baby but Ruq won't say this to Jalal and just plot against Jodha on her own levelπŸ˜†

Yeah I guess all of this will happen at the utsav only
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Anyways, I guess we too have to compartmentalize and understand that each relationship has its own place...the Jalal-Ruq bond operates on a different level and their history is such...

With Jodha, Jalal has a different sort of fascination...as the aarti scene established too...

But I guess the writers will deffo do something to demarcate the relationships in the coming days as Jalal grows closer to Jodha and more distant from Ruq.

I don't think Jodha will be implicated...I think MA will make Ruq think that Jodha is responsible for her losing her baby but Ruq won't say this to Jalal and just plot against Jodha on her own levelπŸ˜†

Yeah I guess all of this will happen at the utsav only

True.. we just have to accept the RuqLal bond.. I am thinking as best friends ... not taking any of this pregnancy track to heart.. 

Ermm..makes sense.. if Jalal comes to think it is jodha.. then it is the end of jodha's life πŸ˜†.. but yeah MA would brainwash Ruq into thinking it is Jodha... 

BTW ..will u be making avis of the aarti scne please??..pretty please?? πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Poojie...

BTW ..will u be making avis of the aarti scne please??..pretty please?? πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

Yep...just downloading the vids...will make them soon😊