frostedstarlit thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Hey yaa friends!

Okay most of you must have read this peice in the OS competition...but it's for all of you'll who haven't and even for thosse who have!
Read again, torture yourself and comment!

Obviously I wrote this one to entertain you'll!
And it is edited; a little bit of climax is added...
So go ahead; enjoy!

Love from Pyre

Leaping with flames;

Casted in the dissolving glow;

In the wake of a crumbling life

Love rose.

Walking briskly down Brooklyn Street, she checked her phone for updates. A board discussion had popped up for the afternoon followed by lunch with Madison clientele; evening was free gods' grace and.

Crash!

She rebounded suddenly with a momentum so high that her body would have crashed down onto the cobbled street with ferocious intensity, had a strong arm not slipped around her waist steadying her. Gripping his forearm tightly as he broke her fall, she opened her eyes; which had scrunched closed in dread of the impending fall. Her pulse was sky rocketing, heart almost jumping out of her chest as Geet opened her almond shaped eyes containing deep irises of chocolate brown; only to meet a familiar shade of darker brown staring intently into hers.

And a painful familiarity struck.

It wasn't pain really, neither was any pleasure. But the feeling his body and presence evoked wasn't indifference either. Uncannily, she found herself drawn into the pain again; the pain she always associated with that era of her life and yet kept aloof from those feelings. A pain that had almost killed her at first, but then she had risen again. Like a phoenix out of its pyre; a new Geet had emerged from that skeleton she had been all those years ago.

"Geet"

His husk filled baritone voice, concerned; pained and shocked; washed over her like a soothing tide. It shuddered something deep inside and she found herself flowing over those very tides again into a time; she thought she had left far behind

"You're acting like a fool Geet Handa"

Meera commented over her shoulder, looking at Geet through the mirror.

Her friend had just had her 'night' of lifetime and Meera was genuinely happy for Geet. But Geet was just over the moon; blushing and sighing like a Shakespearean heroine. She had even gone on to sit by her dorm room window; basking in the early morning breeze as Meera had pulled herself to get ready for day. First January was a holiday and one to shop on!

"Geet we're late.Come on"

Geet smiled to herself again.

"Fine! Tell me what happened last night again. Maybe you will then get over it"

Meera mocked, putting her arms around Geet's neck and Geet blushed again.

"It was beautiful Meer. It was all that he'd ever promised andmore."

Geet sighed recalling her incredibly tingling experience as her boyfriend had made love to her for the first time last night. The New Year's Eve couldn't have been more special; amidst dark room flooded with mild moonlight she had become his. She had found heaven and heard stars shatter as the night struck twelve and crackers went up

"Haaye"

Meera hushed.

"He was just so different from what I've always known him.I don't know if they are justyou know post-love-making jitters or I genuinely fell in love with him all over again!"

Geet sighed, looking at the parks that extended down her window; leading to their institution campus at the far end. The grey path meandered through green grasses; and her lips curved at the prospect of meeting him again. Her love. Her everything.

"Oh I fell in love with Dev all over again"

Geet's monologue was cut midway as the ringer on her phone shrilled, blaring her. Running to the dresser she instantly picked it up without sparing a glance at the caller ID knowing exactly who it was.

And the next second her life came crashing down, shattering into a million tiny pieces around her while the caller at the other end informed her of her lover's untimely demise.

Silence.

Tears.

Silence..tears and only tears.

Nothing else happened but those tears that ran down her beautiful face; streaking her creamy cheeks and numbing her already deadened senses. She didn't feel her heart shatter, neither did she feel her soul tear.nothing was there as she felt numb like a dead.

Dev was dead.

Dev was not with her.

She might as well have died.

"Geet"

Meera's concern laden voice cut through the numbness in her chest as she looked at her friend by her side. For the first time in hours, Geet had broken that frozen eye contact with the institution campus in the distance, where she had thought her Dev to be just some time back.

"Geet we need to go to the hospital. Can you?"

Meera asked holding her weeping friend in her embrace. Geet shook with pain and dread. She didn't even know what had happened to Dev, didn't remember anything the officer had said over the phoneonly three words had cut her into two.

He is dead.

But she needed to see him. She needed to hold him; to keep him in her embrace like last night; this time for one last time. Getting up and scrubbing her tears out of the way, she braced herself for the impending loss and made her way out of the dorm and to the hospital with Meera by her side.

-------------------------------

She wasn't the only one shattered and broken; her pain after all wasn't the deepest and profound Geet thought glancing at the man beside her. The man who had been Dev's friend, philosopher, guide, mentor; Maan Singh Khurana. The man Geet had never met and only heard about from Dev. He was equally appalled and pained as he lit the funeral pyre to his younger brother's body. He didn't cry but his eyes betrayed the pain in his chest as Geet looked at him; her own eyes raining hell.

The smoke leapt up into the sky as Dev was departed; while Geet kept on looking into the eyes of the one man who shared her pain. Who had shared her Dev. Over the blazing fire in the backdrop, She could see his hurt grow manifolds as their eye lock grew; there was a certain helplessness in those dark chocolate eyes which were a tinge darker than Dev's; Geet recalled heavily. Amidst a crowd of mourners, the two were isolated souls bound by common grief; loss that was equally doomed.

Without another word Geet saw him walk past her. And she couldn't blame him. She had taken two whole days to come to terms with that dead body in the hospital morgues they'd tagged Dev. It had been two days of living in unreality; two days of bouts of crying and laughing in hysteria and crying again until finally Meera had slapped her and knocked some sense.

Maan would need more time to get over his brother's death Geet knew. The brother who'd been his little pampered brat; the brother for whose happiness Maan could have moved heavens and earth; for whose whim he would have sold himself to the devil!

Geet had known Maan ever since she knew Dev; through Dev's words and description. Through numerous instances Dev had related to her every now and then about his 'bro'; through his admiration and drive to become like his brother one day.

And today, when Dev wasn't there; more than her own grief she felt heavily for Dev's brother's pain..

"Geet"

Maan knocked at the open dormitory door.

Geet sat cross legged on her bed; staring intently at the noon sun outside. California seemed to have resumed its routine since the New Year but her life had lost its purpose somewhere. She did attend lectures and studied like she usually did; only that she didn't roam around the campus later like she used to erstwhile. Like she used to with Dev.

"Geet"

Maan called again and this time attracted her attention successfully.

Geet turned to see the man at her door; brown eyes, straight nose; perfectly 'M' shaped lips and the famous 'Khurana jaw line.' He stood the same height as Dev, broad shoulders and a lean muscular body clad in crisp business casuals. Geet couldn't help but draw the differences and similarities.

"Can I come in?"

"Please"

Geet said standing up and guiding him to the chairs at a corner where another window opened to the northern campus end where little ducklings quacked and cooed in cacophony by the lake.

"We didn't have a formal introduction; I am Maan"

"I know"

"I."

"You are Dev's bro; you were the one who inspired him to be an architect"

She chuckled a bit.

"And you are the responsible one. Aren't you?"

Geet continued with a small smile and Maan smiled fondly.

"You would scold him for mistakes and then forgive too. You'd even lost one of your final football matches because Dev had betted his pocket money the other way"

And Maan found himself grin again at the fondness with which she was recalling his memories. The broken girl in front of him was mending him; trying to lighten up the air with Dev's memories.

He would be anything but light!

Maan thought heavily as he saw her beautiful face again. He could never forgive himself; never could he rest in peace knowing what he had done. But the fact that Dev rested in peace and Geet was content in life gave him a speckle of hope. Hope to solace.

"Dev."

He tried to say.

"Loved me."

Geet completed his sentence.

"I know. He never said it aloud until the night before hisHe gave me everything. And a beautiful memory to keep to myself only."

Geet's voice choked as she recalled that night when he'd said he loved her and made her his forever. That night she had fell in love with that man in the darkness; fell in love with the slow sensual depiction of love he'd showered her with. She thought about it now with a sense of foreboding and her heart lurched to her throat. But the self control persisted and she swallowed her tears.

"I found something on Dev's laptop"

Maan offered her opening the laptop he'd carried with him. And Geet looked on as he opened up a book marked site that was an art school's admission page. And Geet gawked at the page. The Fine arts institute she had once harbored the dream to go to.now stared at her from the screen.

It was an expensive school; best of the best but prices were exorbitant. And then; along her way through studies here she had completely forgotten about it. In fact, she didn't even remember telling Dev about it. May be it must have slipped down somewhere. Or else why would he research the school?

"Dev had applied on your behalf and you are accepted"

Maan broke her chain of thoughts. She gasped at the thought he'd given it. But the next moment reality sunk in. She couldn't go there.she didn't have those kinds of fund and moreover her interests in Art had spiraled lately.

"Dev had transferred your fees too"

And there was another gasp of shock from her as she looked at Maan. This wasn't happening. Although it was a dream, she couldn't go to another place altogether and forget about Dev.

"Go Geet. Dev wanted to fulfill your dreams. I want you to fulfill your dreams. Don't shackle yourself in here just because you've spent time with Dev.He would be happier if you chased your ambition"

Maan's words filled her with different spirits and for the first time she found a purpose since Dev's death. She decided that moment that she would indeed go and study Fine arts. She would be the best at it.

"I will"

Geet peeked at Maan with a determined voice and Maan breathed a sigh of relief. Smiling at her he handed over Dev's laptop and stood up.

"Take care Geet."

He said caressing her cheek and suddenly Geet felt an unknown jolt pass down her spine.

"Dev would want you to"

He said softly and turned to the door, walking briskly out of her room and her life.

And I too.

"Geet"

He called out softly to the woman standing lost in his arms. She seemed to be plunged into another universe altogether as she stared at him with a straight impassive face; though her eyes were anything but impassive. They were depths of pain; retrospective pain that had twisted his heart every day; in and out.

"Are you with me Geet?"

She snapped at his smooth voice and straightened up instantly.

"Ahh. Yes. Thank you"

She said attempting a weak smile.

Five years hadn't changed them much outside; she was the same beautiful girl albeit grown up into a woman now and he was the handsome man; always in control. But looks could be deceptive! Heck they were deceptive in their cases respectively. Neither was she 'mature' after even five years of living and he was anything but 'in control.'

"How have you been Geet?"

"Good. Thank you. How are you Maan?"

"Much the same"

They exchanged a formal pleasantry as nothing was there to ask. Possibly what could they ask each other;

Have you forgotten Dev and moved on?

They both knew the unsaid answer. Like years ago at his funeral they'd shared pain; today at this busy Brooklyn Street they shared silence. But soon that silence too became threatening to bear as it cut open the wounds that had not even started healing.

"UmmI am getting late; I guess I should."

Geet tried to frame a good bye while her eyes fell across the street and the breath knocked out of her being.

"Myra"

She screamed and Maan turned to the direction of her gaze alarmed.

There on the other side, amidst crowded pedestrians and street shops, a little girl scuttled across the street trying to cross over. Not more than four, she was fair and brown haired with a little paunchy belly. Instantly Maan's blood chilled seeing the little one walk down the road which was treaded by a speeding bus.

Before Geet could run, Maan had leapt at rocket speed; pulling the girl up and crossing over to the other end just before the speeding bus crushed them to death. With a honk the cars behind came to a halt and traffic behind scooted. There was chaos in and around but all he heard was the little girl cry. Still panting with the adrenaline and shock, Maan tried to get hold of the fact that the little girl was safe and in his arms.

"Myra"

He heard Geet cross over the road and come to them with panic written all over her face and now was Maan's turn to gasp.

"Mommy"

The little girl wailed.

And that moment he realized he was holding a part of Geet in his arms. That moment he knew he was holding a part of himself in his arms.

He kept on staring as Geet quickly took the wailing girl in her arms and soothed her, patting and cooing the scared little thing. Maan only looked at the girl, brown hair like Geet's, a round sweet face again legacy of Geet's. And then when she opened her tear filled eyes his heart stopped. Dark brown eyes framed by long eyelashes; a far from Geet's chocolate brown. Because they were his legacy. His giving!

He saw the girl calm in her mother's arms as Geet put her down, holding her hand possessively.

"Thank you Maan"

She said reverentially, as if she was thanking her god.

Maan only gaped at her; how had things been all these years? How didn't he know about anything?

"Who is he Mommy?"

The little girl asked and Maan felt himself admiring the babbling sweet voice that belonged to her.

"He is"

"Your Daddy"

Maan cut Geet midway with an indulgent smile. He didn't realize when the words left him and only stood appalled that he'd said it. But then the girl took his heart away.

Kneeling down to her level, he cupped her small creamy cheek in his big hand and caressed her. His girl. His Myra. While he saw her smile at him sweetly; he was also aware of the shock and anguish that presently coursed through her mother's being. Standing up he looked into Geet's shocked eyes with a tinge of guilt and regret. He dropped his shoulders as if in a stance of giving up to the million questions that raced through her.

"Myra, darling why did you run from school?"

They heard a blonde young lady looking at their daughter through her spectacles and Geet turned to her in anger.

"How did she get here Miss Eliot? I thought your school provided safety and security to my kid!"

Geet asked the lady who seemed Myra's teacher. The play school was just a few steps away and the teacher looked flustered at the possible mishap that could have happened. Maan himself felt his rage shoot up to enormous levels at the carelessness of the daycare vigilant.

"I apologize Ms. Handa. You see we were taking them to play at the gardens in backyard and she saw you still standing across the street. Before we knew it she was out of the gates. I am sorry madam, this wouldn't happen again."

Geet took a deep breath, looking at a raging Maan and his proclamation some moments ago came back to her. She had a hundred questions nagging at the back of her mind this moment. Looking down at her daughter, she narrowed her eyes at her.

"Myra, baby you are not supposed to run on roads. Don't leave school. Mommy will come back soon"

She said handing her to Ms. Eliot and eyed Maan to walk. They turned to walk when the little girl's voice cut through Maan's heart.

"And Daddy?"

Maan turned, smiling down at her with gleaming eyes. Bending down he kissed the top of her head.

"Daddy too will come back"

Seeing her safely walk into the play school at the corner, Maan turned to Geet. Without exchanging another word, they started walking. Geet didn't know where they were going, she didn't know which direction she was heading to; only that she had questions and Maan had answers. Turning the corner, Maan stopped by a sleek black Audi and opened the passenger door for her. She slipped in without a question and he pulled the car out onto the street.

They drove in silence until he'd pulled into a lane that led through a canopy of trees and bushes. Yellow-orange fall leaves blew over the road they drove down; screening through thickets before a red brick house emerged. It stood tall; mansion like with slanting roof and French windows. Geet looked at her surroundings as Maan parked the car and stepped out to open her side of the door.

Stepping out; Geet followed Maan to the door but stood there without another word. Apparently; she wanted him to break the silence but he seemed patient with the threatening eeriness between them. He pulled out a pair of keys from his pant pockets.

"Come inside Geet. It will get cold out here"

He said softly.

But Geet didn't budge; her silence telling him she wouldn't enter his space. Sighing heavily, he slipped the keys back into his pocket. Putting his hand at the small of her back softly, he guided her to a bench in the now autumn shredded gardens. She flinched at his touch, not because it was uncomfortable but because it sent a shiver down her spine. It was a strange touch; yet his presence seemed an intimate familiarity.

She sat on the bench, away from him; trying to put as much distance between them as she could. Her patience was ebbing away and she couldn't help but speak now.

"Answer me"

Two simple words, blaming and beseeching at the same time hit him like a lightning bolt. He took a deep breath; gathering himself for the worst humiliation of his life; gathering up the courage to confess that action of his which he would never term as a mistake; but it would not be justified any which ways!

"Dev died the new year's night."

And her hand covered her mouth in an audible gasp. It was as if he'd said the winds didn't blow or that the fire didn't burn!

"How can that..I was there with him that night and.."

"It was me"

He confessed with his eyes misty and guilty.

"How could that."

"We made love that night Geet. We created Myra that night..

"Dev"

"Bro"

He panted in dire need of air as the oxygen mask was slipped off for him to speak. Covered in bandages and sprints; crisp sheets soaked in blood around Dev was almost at the verge of losing as his brother rushed into the ER.

"Dev hold on. You'll be just fine. I've called Dr. Ryan back in New YorkHe'll be here shortly. Just keep up there."

"No bro. I won't make it"

He panted.

"But please; don't let her break..she is waiting for me at home"

He breathed heavily into the oxygen mask; puling it down again.

"It is wrong bro but go to her pleaseshe wouldn't survive"

"Hold on Dev, I'm not going anywhere. I'll call her if you want"

Maan said in anguish; moving out to make a call.

"No bro"

Dev caught his hand in time; stabbing and drowning his efforts to live.

"Please. I shall die bro. But please make her.live.."

He breathed a heavy breath; his last for this world as the cardiac line started dipping and straightened down with a beep. Maan stood beside his brother's body; his hand still in his as Maan pondered over Dev's last words.

Maan would have sold himself to the devil to save his brother's life but here he had lost him but at a cost to become the devil himself..

Maan opened the door to Dev's apartment with a spare key he always kept with himself. This cottage too was a gift of Maan's to Dev. The lights were down and didn't turn up even when Maan tried the switch board numerous times.

"Leave it. The lights are down for a good hour."

He heard a faintly sweet voice from the room at far end and his eyes squinted to adjust in the dim light. There, emerging from shadows he saw an angel; one in a flimsy dress flying sensually in the winds. She seemed to walk on clouds; the way she glided with light footsteps towards him.

"I've told you a hundred times; keep some candles handy"

Geet ranted and Maan could hear her love and adoration for his brother. How would he tell her he wasn't Dev; that Dev was lying in the hospital morgue all bruised and dead. How would he tell her that the love she so adored and devoted had left her..

"Missed you baby"

Geet came over and pecked his rough stubbled cheek. He was in the shadows; engulfed in darkness as the moon was down too. Geet only held him by the jacket lapels; inhaling his cologne that was the same he shared with Dev. Their tastes were highly similar. But Maan never knew a situation would arise wherein the similarity would be a boon and a curse together; much the same.

"Ohh Dev"

Geet entwined her arms around his neck; settling her head in the crook of his neck. Maan's fist clutched at his sides; his self conscious humiliating him; his inner voice leashing the devil in him which he was about to become. But then Dev's voice came back to him.

Make her live

But still his mind couldn't permit him this treachery. He was about to rob her of her dignity in guise of the man she loved; it was wrong and a sin and the worst animal faceted act one could ever commit. He was about to pull her out of his arms when her sweet honey laden voice cut sharp through his heart.

"I've waited so long for this Dev. It's as if I've waited an eternity to be yours.I would have no qualms if I died tomorrow. Just this moment with you would sufficejust this moment"

And his heart was drilled with a hole; one that he couldn't ignore. The devil broke every shackle inside and unleashed to give her this moment. This moment of eternity wherein she would suffice herself and create a memory of Dev in her mind, body and soul. Even if the body was his; she would make a memory of Dev.

"Dev"

Geet moaned before he tightened his arms around her in one smooth motion; engulfing her in him, amalgamating her presence in his.A primal groan escaped his lips while he embraced her tightly in his arms.

It is but the greatest of curses to hear a girl moan another man's name in your arms and Maan had braced himself for that now. And still the name of his brother form her lips broke his heart.

He hugged her still; exploring her body with his deft long-fingered hands. Squeezing and touching and kissing his way down her curves Maan pulled her to the bedroom he could navigate with ease even in dark. The bedroom was plunged in darkness; windows hardly serving a good source since electricity was cut out for the streets too. There was only the faint natural night sky light sieving through gossamer curtains that hardly illuminated their features. And Maan was thankful for that.

Tugging at her buttons; he peeled the dress down her slim form ever so sensually. She hid her curves under her arms that crossed her bosom in an act of shyness. Maan put his hands over hers; removing them ever so slowly; setting a deeply sensual rhythm to the act. Uncovering her treasure; he trailed light kisses down her cheeks to her jaw and down her throat.

Pushing her down to the bed; he himself climbed atop her kissing her twin mounds in succession. She moaned and writhed; knotting her fingers through his hair as a carnal jolt of desire passed through them.

"I love you so much"

She moaned as his mouth trailed up to hers and he captured her petal soft lush lips into a soul searing kiss. At first it was slow with passion but as the kiss progressed the desire to consume each other increased, the need to be in each other increased tremendously and they found themselves kissing  as if the world was ending and they were only holding on to each other. Two lost beings; lonely in a sea of intense passion holding each other to stay afloat. Little did they know that this sea of passion is meant for its lovers to drown in

"I love you Geet."

"I love you with my life and death"

Maan didn't know when he'd said those words out loud as they had reached their precipice of salvation. He didn't know he'd fallen in love with her. He didn't realize he'd said it out aloud in the throes of passion that only she had ignited in him.

She lay satiated by his side, her post coital glow illuminating their entangled bodies even amidst the darkened room. It was way past midnight and she realized that a new year had begun. A new year had begun in his arms; in him. The feeling was overwhelming; so much so that her eyes couldn't contain the waters of mirth. Her tears slipped out over his chest which suddenly stirred him. Though he'd lay awake, he didn't dare utter a word lest she catch up the treachery and deny herself this last time. Which was ironically her first time, Maan thought with a blanket of guilt.

"Hey"

He whispered in a barely audible voice as her tears wetted his chest.

"Happy new year"

Her soft tear strained voice washed over him with a wave of mirth that she seemed to swirl in. And he realized soon enough that he had to withdraw before he complicated this more than it was. He realized he was plunging in, falling in..

"I said Happy new year. May every new year be as sweet and loving in your arms"

"I wish the same"

He couldn't keep those words from gushing out before he reigned himself. Kissing her hair for one last time, he got up slightly, disentangling her from him and groping his way through the clothes.

"What happened?"

"There's this exhibition we were holding; Joe called for some help this evening"

Maan lied smoothly since he knew the exhibition Dev was hosting in two days.

"This late? It's new years for god's sake."

"Hmmph.anyways; you know I would have been doing art exhibitions had things been differentgoing to Designdom and all"

Geet mentioned rising up, still wrapped in sheets. He caught the latter like a life boat, skimming through the longing in her voice as she mentioned arts.

".I'm sorry I need to go"

He didn't turn when she wrapped her arms around him from behind.

"It's okay. But come back to me baby"

"I will"

He said one last time before turning around slightly and brushing his lips to hers. Maan kissed Geet's temple almost reverentially and walked out of their little dream.

"I cannot even say sorry for that night Geet because."

"Because you are not sorry"

Geet completed his unsaid sentence with a straight face.

"I am not; if that is what you want to know. Especially not after knowing I created a beautiful little miracle with the woman I love"

Her gaze shot up to his at his mention of love. He didn't miss the hurt and confusion hitting home in her eyes. Maan cursed himself for the turn of events then every day since; but never in centuries would he ever regret his love for the woman.

She got up without another word; not in senses anymore or too much woken up from a deep slumber. She herself couldn't differentiate between a dream and reality!

"Geet.."

"You said what you wanted to. I heard what I had to. Good bye"

She started walking back from the bench even as trees ruffled under wild winds; shedding red glory around her. Her path was trenched fiery; yellow orange leaves crunching under her firm footsteps as she walked away from Maan.

Sweet smelling breeze; swirls around a moment

And then gets lost forever

Cherished moments pass over at once

And then seem dreams that shall be never.

She walked.

"We made love that night Geet. We created Myra that night..

She walked faster, hugging herself around tighter. The winds seemed to wanting to break past her arms but she kept herself shielded.

His voice kept on echoing through her; erupting louder each time.

"Take care Geet."

"Dev would want you to"

She froze.

Her mind reeled as she tried to run back five years in time to that day when Maan had given her a new lease of life; to the day when he had given her a reason to go ahead.

"Go Geet. Dev wanted to fulfill your dreams. I want you to fulfill your dreams. Don't shackle yourself in here just because you've spent time with Dev.He would be happier if you chased your ambition"

It wasn't Dev; it was him. It was him all throughout. He knew about my long lost dream, he knew about that art exhibition. Not Dev. I'd never told him!

It was Maan all along; since that night when I had fallen in love with the man who made love to me..It was Maan.

Geet thumped down on the road, closed her eyes for a moment and saw through every other emotion. She saw through pain, anger, rage and regret. She saw through the guilt of betraying Dev at once. And when she saw through all of those; she could see a faceless man in shadows whispering 'I love you' and then she saw the face of this man who she had walked out on; saying

"I am not sorry; if that is what you want to know. Especially not after knowing I created a beautiful little miracle with the woman I love"

Love.

It all surmised to this one word.

Selfless unconditional love; that he had bestowed upon her years ago. He had given her a new life; he had given her a new passion at the price of his own peace. He gave her Art; but most importantly; he gave her Myra.

She'd always love Dev; she had all along. But today, at this moment a different heaviness liberated her. Maan's magical presence liberated her. There was anger and pain and hurt and resentment. And still dominatingly firm, standing tall above all was his love; His love that was born on Dev's pyre.

She remembered his eyes that day at crematorium; and now she could read the emotion that was ignored then. It was guilt; pain and unrequited love she saw.

----------------------------------

"Here"

Maan handed his keys to Samantha; his house help as he loaded his bag in the car trunk. He had come here just yesterday in a lookout for some peace which he hadn't found in years scouting different cities. But here he had found love again; and a daughter. And she didn't want him which he completely accepted that.

"See you soon Sir"

Samantha said.

"I guess not"

Maan shrugged moving around to the driver's side as Samantha left through the door.

"Daddy"

He heard a little girl squeal from somewhere around the bushes. Heck he heard his little girl through huge autumn chrome bushes. Before he could run in pursuit of the voice; the little owner toddled down to him from around the path with a sponge bob bag and pink crocs.

"Myra"

Maan couldn't believe his luck as he saw the most important girl of his life pad towards him with a huge grin and then he couldn't believe the earth was still round as the most important lady of his life followed.

"Daddy."

Myra clung to his leg chuckling while Maan still soaked in the site of Geet walking down the same path she had walked out some hours ago.

"Daddaa"

Myra tugged at his pants and Maan's attention was back to his little girl. Lifting his leg up with a pump; he lifted her in the air and caught the giggling child in his arms. She laughed and giggled, cradling her head on his shoulders as he smiled down at her.

His little miracle.

His little angel.

"Love you my baby"

He murmured chocked.

"And we love you too"

He heard Geet's soft voice from the side.

She smiled at his blank, guilty expression; assuring him of the reality. Assuring him of the love she had felt for him through the years. She had loved that man who had loved her. Not for the physicality; but for the sheer connect she found with him.

"I love you Maan"

"Always him, always will."

She said eyeing his arms around their daughter as if that was the very thread tying them together. But their hearts knew there existed a stronger, more virtual thread uniting them in hindsight.

"Maan."

And his heart stopped dead beat. Never in a million dreams had he ever imagined his name on her lips like that; but life had come a full circle

Often I wonder what if Dev hadn't left us. Where would I be this day?

But then an answer from deep down comes and reminds me.

Here, in Maan's arms. In his love.

Why?

Because I was meant to be here; to survive and break in his love; to crumble and rise with his faith. Five years of my life were an illusion; one that took me places but didn't bring me home. That one meeting by Dev's pyre changed everything for us; more than our night together had. At some deep level; I know I'd started falling for him thensharing grief with him turned to love and I didn't even realize..

"Hey beautiful"

Maan's husky baritone voice caressed her thoughts as she found herself wrapped in her husband's arms on their bed. Their wedding was blissful with Myra being the most enthusiastic participant after Maan. He had left no stone unturned to make their wedding simple and yet the gala event of the millenia. He wasn't perfect; she was imperfect. And they both had found common grounds where the flaws could merge and become flawless.

And no; they hadn't married because they shared a daughter. They had married because they shared pain, they shared Dev and they shared love. Love that had risen by the pyre.

"I love you"

She couldn't help but reaffirm to him this new morning.

"I love you too"

His words died in her mouth as he fused their lips in a soul searing kiss of eternity.

For more stories from me

Frosty's Literal Anthology

Another giftie

Maaneet// Geet-Maan VM Tujhe yaad naa meri aayi (Never forget your love) slow remix version

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0uS0HQFdfc[/YOUTUBE]

Now do watch, like and comment!

And long comments for this story too...Waiting!

Until next update (In Back to You obviously๐Ÿ˜‰)

<3

Frosted Starlit.

Edited by frostedstarlit - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gurti30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awesome os dear
dont know what to comment.  just speechless
she has always loved maan thinking him to be dev
and maan too loved her fulfilled her dreams. 
loved the vm too
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
read it already dear...and voted for it tooo...lovvdd it๐Ÿ˜Š
priya111111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
its wonderful os dear different story with emotions and love
sporthy_smile28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
I'm so scared 2 even comment something! !!!!๐Ÿ˜•
That is a beautiful story of Maaneet ...u have showed every small emotion with such a beauty! !
Ok going back 2 read it again! !๐Ÿ˜Š
Jeevana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome work dear...
I really loved this...
miss_dreamy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
short and simple and sweet.. loved it :)
daredevilisback thumbnail
Really great..
very nice os..
๐Ÿ˜Š
6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

wonderful OS...

very emotional from start...

thanx for pm...
punam2712 thumbnail