Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
^The film had been delayed a lot...and then Ranveer was also injured I think for a bit which delayed it even more..eventually I guess they just had to make do.

I really liked this interview. I wish more filmmakers would discuss their films...address the criticisms, talk about the positives because ultimately no one knows their story better than they do. I see why he made it the way he did and I liked that he is not making excuses for it and is standing by his final product. 

I wanted some slightly more spoiler-ish, detailed questions about the story and characters, but maybe next time. I'd love to know what actually his thought process was for the story...the characters...and what he thinks the flaws actually are.
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
most likely it ill b below avg!!! 
LOOTERA

Hmmm...Just watched the movie...Very bakwas movie...appeared to be delipkumar tragedy in 21st century ...it might have done more business if it has been released 3 decades back

My rating 1/5 >>>>>>>>>> 1 star only for the old man who has spirit to maintain the old heritage of India...may shall be an inspration to many ppl...old sacred temples ...and monuments...! thats all...

rest ,,,,,,acting sucks ...just wondering...dalhousi ...roads are completely vacant and empty...looks like only 8-10 actors in the movie only living at that place...so funny to watch police catching ranveer kapoor in an empty city...awefool...

"I have informed theater person to change the new movie reel by next friday...he was affirmative "
Lootera, my first Hindi movie of 2013,
my third Hindi movie in three years at the cinema, my first in over eight months (Talaash, November 2012).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the review, I have to confess I never liked Sonakshi Sinha, and had never heard of Ranveer Singh until yesterday. Never seen/heard/watched anything about any of the other cast crew either. This was my first Sonakshi Sinha movie and possibly, the last.

The story starts off as a slow, boring tale of post-colonial India (1950s) centered around a dumb looking village girl (Sonakshi) of a rich aristocratic landlord falling in love with a thug/thief (Ranveer) in only a FEW days (!!) who all along pretends to be an archeologist.

The love flourishes in only a few weeks, to such great heights that she forces him into accepting her as his bride. There is a lot of tedious shit that ensues in the next several 'never-ending' slow scenes. The marriage never happens; the thug runs away with all the property on the night before the wedding. Don't ask me how - loads of gimcrack. The landlord dies in shock. She goes away to a distant place (a hill station) pursuing her dream to be a writer. Her love for him doesn't fade away still (haha).

Some of the scenes were actually unbearable.

She has this weird asthma-like condition that resolves on taking a certain "intravenous" injection that every person in the movie can administer at will. LOL. (doctors of today would be proud of such a medication!!!). Later she's diagnosed with TB and the doctor advises her to spend her days in a warmer place! LOL.

Back to the story.
The thief, to steal yet again, shows up in the same town the girl is stationed at. And by now, he has already murdered a couple of folks, stolen umpteen times and the police is all-out looking for him. The girl shelters him yet again (lol), protecting him from the police and she spends a few days with him.

In the end, actor dies - shot by the police. The movie ends almost immediately ending the two-hour agony. Without a bucket of popcorn, the movie might be impossible for many of you.
don't go by paid reviews, it is a real slow, boring piece of crap..a really poor copy of fanaah (not that it was a great movie by any stretch of imagination)
and by the way, Salman Khan ke movie jaisa bhi hain, entertaining hain...picture teen cheezon ke liye banta hain, dimag ke liye (avatar), dil ke liye (raanjhana), lund/chooth ke liye (Jism, Basic Instinct). Yeh bakwaas Lootera reminded me that I would have been happier checking india-forums,...

very much bengali sharat chandra type story (like devdas etc)
climax was pretty boring as it became guessable with that last leaf mixed story.

did anyone try to observe/understand why ranveer singh was wearing khakhis and blue shirts throughout the movie

may be...but I felt that Sonakshi was not wearing a bra in the first few scenes (wher her sad Bong father tells her a story), her nipple impression was evident..just like the one in Joker

it a slow movie not meant for generation Yo..
Although the film has some drawback it has much more good points.I like to cinematography.

My review

I give One star to the film ..coz Sonakshi acted really well and she looked like the bhabhi of ur wet dreams in the first half. .. Ladies like thsi movie coz of Sona's nice saree dressings and  well-tailored blouse fittings and nicelt wrap up of colorful sarees,... I enjoyed sona too and her inner blouse blossoms,...   Sona's saree wearing with nips impression in tight blouses were fantastic,...

Lootera infact is a sort of  disappointment.  One may have read many rave reviews from critics including Raja Sen and that is based on . Henry's story. It didn't click in any way. Flat. Story was paper thin, songs OK,  garbage,... all my foot,...most acting mediocre,... Saving grace was that it is a period film... Not focusing on the story,... I spent time admiring the way Sonakshi wears the sarees. Realistic, like a woman with things to do, even if that is strolling through lush greenery of Bengal and Himachal, not like a mannequin. ;)   The hero's friend, Deb, had a good role and acted well. Thing with movies now-a-days is, have to go search for name of actors after watching the movie. Deb was played by Vikrant Massey, who seems to be a well-known TV actor. Still an OK to watch movie. Maybe I had huge expectations. The Bengali element had me comparing it to Parineeta. Was hungry too but skipped the icecream. ;)  Glaring and gazing this punjabi pada urfe elephant baby in full blouse blossom, tight fitting well tailored blouses,  and nicely wrapped sarees could hide her's bulk volume,  and glad that the director did not make any mistake to show her in a  Jeans,  and that kept the eyes glued,...
or, the movie was worth leaving the theater, if have a/c at home
or,...if  were caught in 110F heat outside,... better take a nap inside the theater, for this slow pace movie anyway.

Rating: 1.5 / 5.

Edited by desimaganlal - 10 years ago
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

'Lootera' works with its target audience!

By Taran Adarsh, July 10, 2013 - 08:31 IST
Truly, Bollywood is going through an interesting phase. Till a few years ago, either masala movies or mindless laughathons dominated the marketplace. But look at the films being churned out these days. Of course, there's ample room [read screen space] for all genres to co-exist, but the fact that diverse genres are finding an outlet, besides the tried-and-tested formula, clearly indicates that times are changing rapidly.

Aimed at the plexes primarily, LOOTERA was never meant set the BO ablaze with an earth-shattering start. It was meant to consolidate its status if the word of mouth was positive. That's exactly how this film has behaved at urban pockets. What goes in favour of the film is the fact that the makers kept the economics in check. Having cost approx Rs 32 cr [inclusive of P and A], a substantial chunk of the investment has already been recovered from Music, Home Video, Overseas, Satellite and ancillary rights.

As for the India theatrical rights, Balaji decided to give the film to several distributors on Advance, so that they [distributors] don't incur losses, if the film falters. The controlled release in India -- targeted primarily at urban plexes/1000 screens -- was again a step in the right direction and the revenue generated from urban centres should ensure recovery of the balance investment, thus taking the film to the comfort zone. Of course, it remains to be seen how it fares in its second weekend, but if the steady business is an indicator, the second weekend should witness an upward trend again, especially on Saturday and Sunday.

POLICEGIRI, on the other hand, had to be content with the business generated from mass circuits/single screens. One shouldn't expect every film to go the DABANGG or SINGHAM way, but POLICEGIRI did witness ample footfalls at single screens over the weekend, which proves that masala movies work well in several circuits of India. It remains to be seen if the makers, who have also distributed the film themselves, will eventually recover the investment, since there's a wave of interesting films lined up in the forthcoming weeks and the screen space, obviously, will shrink considerably as a result of it.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Downward Trend Continues For Lootera

Wednesday 10th July 2013 10.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Lootera has failed to make a mark at the box office as Tuesday recorded dull collections of 1.75 crore nett which is 20% down from Monday. A film like Lootera is never likely to open well and basically good weekday business becomes a must.

The film had a drop on Monday but even then if Tuesday can be in the range of Monday then the film has a chance but here Tuesday saw another drop and the film has just not performed well on the weekdays. Films like Raanjhanaa and Fukrey which were also dependent on weekday business managed similar business on Monday and Tuesday.

The film is looking to close the week at 23 crore nett and is unlikely to collect much thereafter.

You know how I feel buddy.

But I thing Film's verdict will be average.

Originally posted by: Rambo.Rajkumar

You know how I feel buddy.

But I thing Film's verdict will be average.

I think it will be Average over all

GOW was average overall and it got Nominations everywhere 
DB_reloaded thumbnail
very disappointing week days!!! 37-38cr now most likely!!! from here my original prediction was 40cr!!!Edited by DB_reloaded - 10 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail

Lootera: 1st Tuesday Box Office Collections

July 10th, 2013 by Koimoi.com Team

Audiences seem a little less mesmerized by Lootera as compared to the critics. With the film's drop continuing since its 1st Monday, the film on its 1st Tuesday collected an income of approx 2 crores at the Domestic Box Office. Lootera's total domestic collections now stands at a cumulative of 23.25 crores.

Sonakshi Sinha in Lootera Movie Stills

The film can however be expected to pick up over the next weekend. Its target audience is mainly the urban intelligentsia, and hence the film might fare better on weekends. Currently on weekdays, with single audiences frequenting the film more than the multiplex audiences, it is going through the drop as expected by its producers.

SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sad that the movie dint do well, when movies like YJHD taste so much success why cant a good movie like lootera with good acting do well.. 

I hope Sonakshi at least bags the awards for this one, she has been miles ahead in terms of acting chops when compared to likes of DP, Sonam and others.