Jia Mustafa quits Pavitra Rishta

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms daily soap Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV, will soon be heading towards leap in August.There has been a buzz that several actors are quitting the show as they do not want to do the roles which are more than their real age. But Jia has another story for quitting the show.

Jia Mustafa who plays the role of Punni has quit the show as she did not wanted to continue playing the negative role.

Our source informed us saying, "Jia has quit the show as she was unhappy with the way her role was shaping up."

To get deep insight on her quitting drama,we called up Jia to hear her story and she said, "I have put down my papers and I am serving my notice period. It is not because of leap that I am quitting the show, but the role and the character that I was playing was going haywire."

Further she added, "I felt I couldn't take it further, so I decided to quit the show.The journey with Pavitra Rishta has been very good. It was a learning experience for me and I enjoyed throughout."

"I would like to take up more episodic after Pavitra Rishta or positive roles but no more negative for me. I would rather divulge into anchoring or movies" she ended.