Views

Users

Frequent Posters

viv04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

viv 😳

i saw that above and couldn't help but yell with joy... that invisible but completely palpable asr and its effect, its validity, its beauty...

ok, pasting here a part of a previous conversation arshi and i had in #12 extension. you might like...

and i do wish you'd write your thoughts some more... always so good to read.

arshi, πŸ˜ƒ

our discussion about khushi connecting her feelings to pyaar...

i agree with you 100 that she had no real understanding of the word pyaar or the extent of its demands and delights. which is why i said, it was too soon for her to grasp the implications and assimilate them... but unlike asr, who was far far far away from the word "love," khushi had instinctively connected her feelings to "love" albeit a young girl's notion of it. that's all.

it was really interesting to see how she never went to that word again after the blow of diwali night, when her heart was ripping... in 129 she said the word, heart break... for her, he was always a person who reached her heart, even if to break it and even when the word love was not clearly stated. ufff, that's writing and insight.

even her soliloquy during kidnap does not have the word "pyaar" just a feeling that says let me live. 

all of us have to examine our initial perception of a thing i guess. certainly, of love. happily, in it there's everything you ever imagined about it, and even those you didn't. but to start with a young girl's romantic silly notion of love is a good thing in many ways... there's a funny power in it... or so i feel.

khushi began to understand the mysteries of life when she entered her feelings about him (i am repeating myself hyuk)... i always read about how much she did for asr, and she helped him release himself and evolve. some even believe she helped him change. yes, her impact on his life and his persona was huge.

equally, was his on hers. it was after feeling things she did about him, that she began to touch the woman lying dormant in her... she had to come out of the "safe" limits. go way beyond her comfort zone, and that helped her grow immensely. plus, in this whole wide world, this was her first relationship where she had complete "haq." where she was an equal, and no one had done her a favour or kept her out of a sense of generosity or duty... an orphan brought up by others may have these feelings, maybe that's why she tried so hard and loved her fam so much. but with asr she is his equal and has a  right over him, as he over her. i liked that. i loved him saying.. huq hai tumhara... mujh pe. that is terribly loving and empowering. he seemed to wipe away all her tears about not being someone's own, by making him hers and saying it his way. 

sorry for digressing. just sharing. i know you go deep into ipk, trying to read what's in it... so do i. maybe i get it wrong, but this is how i feel. i do believe asr's contribution to khushi's life and life journey is not discussed enough... it was subtly portrayed, but it was so much there. in fact that is why she says what she does about her not understanding love if he hadn't come. i so wish we see a bit more of their journey with each other. 

hi indi,
long time!  You said it all.  In fact I was referring to your above post when I commented.  In the haq hai tumahara mujh pe scene, his offer for payment of the rent, the massage sequence and itna assan hai tumahre liye scene, he is familiarizing K with her status in their lives.  They have accepted each other and she has the right to his body, mind and all his material possessions.  We see K's struggle to come out of her comfort zone.  He helps her see their romantic love and its prioritization in a different light versus her sacrificial love for the family and sociocultural norms.
Its not easy to put in words what we feel about this formidable character.  Its enriching and rewarding when we can associate him with liberal men in our lives, envision one in our future partners or simply share our thoughts about him.  Its an intimate journey for every viewer close to their hearts and minds.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: viv04

hi indi,
long time!  You said it all.  In fact I was referring to your above post when I commented.  In the haq hai tumahara mujh pe scene, his offer for payment of the rent, the massage sequence and itna assan hai tumahre liye scene, he is familiarizing K with her status in their lives.  They have accepted each other and she has the right to his body, mind and all his material possessions.  We see K's struggle to come out of her comfort zone.  He helps her see their romantic love and its prioritization in a different light versus her sacrificial love for the family and sociocultural norms.
Its not easy to put in words what we feel about this formidable character.  Its enriching and rewarding when we can associate him with liberal men in our lives, envision one in our future partners or simply share our thoughts about him.  Its an intimate journey for every viewer close to their hearts and minds.

very very very well said and put, viv. and that in pink... the crux of it. in a nation where sacrificial love and care for parivar is pretty much all that a girl is taught is her lot/right/duty, this man tells her the importance of being good to oneself somewhere... to want, to have, to cherish something for yourself. super important this. it often ends up making you more generous and giving and caring.

so much to really learn and take away from this love story.

good to see you. hope you know we're on thread 14 now. the link is on the first page. 😳

supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Sohara

Epi 149

- one of my fav hugs πŸ€—

The sherni(tigress) turns to the laad Giovernor with a big grin on her face. πŸ˜‰

She points towards his imperative nature. Arnav grabs his hand and drags her to the poolside, his personal den, where he can speak to his Khushi from his heart.- true

Or moreover she is La's mentor, how can she see her student's heart break like this? - nice way of putting it !!!

Again Khushi made her judgment without thinking. His family already prosecuted him big time, lady!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Arnav though says Khushi doesn't mean a thing, but he always ponders her queries. He is ready to make her understand. So he says with acquiescence to listen to him carefully. - i noticed it too...i wish she had kept quite nd heard wat he had to say!!!!

I broke her heart as I carried away by my emotions, my feelings for you made me break her heart..-aw😊

Arnav looks a little perplexed, but happy at the same time. A spark of smile glints his face. But I couldn't get Khushi's emotion. Khushi's trust is broken, but did her heart break?. She never wanted to marry Shyam and she is in love with Arnav. Then how her heart can break? It's true that they were beguiled. She supposed to be happy that her unwanted alliance has broken. It's definitely the writer's mistake. - i agree here...whn i watched the scene i was like you nvr liked him...then why are you crying!!!!

Intricate mix of emotions in his voice, concern, sorry and also happy at the same time.

Khushi doesn't want to talk. about it. She runs away from him.

He is calling her "Khushi, Khushi."

He seems happy. Isn't he?😳

Shyam assents that it's Arnav's life, if he thinks it's not right then they should agree. Shyam  will definitely agree, cause he also wants to get rid of his unwanted relationship with Anjali. But as she is his ATM machine, so he can't do it🀣

(plz don't get me wrong, this scene made me laugh. La carrying Laxmi seemed OTT  to me. I know the CVs wanted to show La as great as possible)πŸ˜† - i get wat you r sayin

Epi 147

- i love this!!!

Season again changed in IPK. A new phase of Arnav and Khushi's life is about to begin. Destiny is making the way clear for these soul mates. One of the main obstructions has removed from Arnav's life. La's presence somehow refraining Arnav to pamper his feelings for Khushi. Though la's departure made the situation melancholic for a while, but it sure will bring some mirth for us. Let's the journey begin with a fun filled episode.- well saidπŸ‘

Her eyes are teary, scorching pain in her heart. She loved him, but he couldn't give her the love back.

"RAKSHAS, Demon, I wish he gets a girl in his life who can straighten him up. She will tell him whatever he doesn't want to hear. I'm sure he used to bunk school. That's why he didn't learn how to behave."

We know Khushi, it's you who is just perfect for him. And by the way he is a Harvard graduate, not school bunking type, not farre type also. Got it?🀣 - hilarious!!!

hen he tries to absorb the burden of guilty feelings, his eyes goes to the gift laid on the table. So his focus finally shifted to his new life, his love, his Khushi. He opens the wrap slowly, making a little pout on his face. it's  a book and there is a letter as well,

He tries to read the name of the book. But when he can't his epic what the comes out from his mouth. Khushi is unofficially got in to your life to make your insipid life colorful, Mr. akhroo laad governor. - cute one!!!

Khushi is full on playful mood. She has become frolic and garrulous again.. Hona bhi chahiye, finally good days came to her life. The dark cloud name Shyam has gone, her sister is getting married to her prince charming and moreover her Arnavji is single and ready to mingle with her.- aww😳

The scene was hilarious and Sanaya was beyond excellent in this scene. We know how good her comic timing is! She pretends to be Akash . After fixing her invisible spectacles she starts to ask for the towel.- well said

thanks for both the VMs 😊
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

very very very well said and put, viv. and that in pink... the crux of it. in a nation where sacrificial love and care for parivar is pretty much all that a girl is taught is her lot/right/duty, this man tells her the importance of being good to oneself somewhere... to want, to have, to cherish something for yourself. super important this. it often ends up making you more generous and giving and caring.

so much to really learn and take away from this love story.

good to see you. hope you know we're on thread 14 now. the link is on the first page. 😳

Great pointers both viv, indi. 

With all his realistic human emotions, anger, hurt , love and prioritizing work over God,  this man is so very  realistic, tangible and endearing, away from the much highlighted, underlined portion in both your posts,only the sacrificial love for parivar, goody pathis/ betas, pathnis, betis, that one can cherish him by associating him with the progressive men in our lives! 

kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

hi kk,

good to see you...

such a wonderful chat about khushi's nature... and yes, all the guptas having reasons of their own to not reveal shyam's truth.

shashi gupta was the only one who feared nothing... but he could not speak. payal was totally uncomfortable but then she relented. a bit unconvincing, yes? if i were deeply in love with a  guy, both opf us the quiet principled sort, i would draw him aside and tell him about his chaotic jeeja ji. i may not create a scene, i may even sort of go along with the fam... but i would not not tell akash. that was the thing.

writing had a lot of looseness... all their energy went in  creating and keeping asr... even khushi became just a vehicle of that... characterisation was strong... but plot was super weak... finally everyone had to be played with to suit the messy progress of tale. why, i wonder.

anyone can tell, khushi was not doing the right thing... that the girl they started out with, who had a lot in her (and i am ok with flaws as long as along the way there's some sort of realisation) was becoming ridiculous with all the nonsense they made her do... yet.

and not just this time. when she brought shyam back without telling a soul, i couldn't believe it. this man has just tried to kill asr, her arnav ji, then her, and finally managed to kill his own child.. yet, di ke liye, she calls him back... and asr is not even allowed to get mad at her. what gobbledegook writing was this.

the writer failed to find a halfway convincing way of bringing shyam back.

happens in serials all the tine. hurts when the show starts meaning more than just a tv show... when you sense its potential and that is never realised, on the contrary, completely crushed.

Blast from the Past #15 Extension ~ The Practice
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago