SS: Waves and Particles [Completed]

RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Previously uploaded under my another account -Sookie- which will be removed once all the chapters are posted here. This SS will be continued under this ID only.

Summary:
Series of incidents that involve the two people - Arnav and Khushi often leading to hilarious results. They are yin and yang, Harry and Sally, Batman and Wonder-woman.
Sometimes, they are just them.

Twiggy / Vgedin harassed me enough to get me work on this again. So I suppose thanks are in order :=)

Title Credit: -publicenemy-

Index:

Chapter 01 - Page 01
Chapter 02 - Page 07
Chapter 03 - Page 12
Chapter 04 - Page 17
Chapter 05 - Page 24
Chapter 06 - Page 31
Chapter 07 - Page 42
Chapter 08 - Page 52
Chapter 09 - Page 59
Chapter 10 - Page 65
Edited by RockBarbie - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Chapter 1:

"Did you tell this restaurant to serve me fresh seafood?"

"Yes."

"Did you tell them that I don't like anything too spicy or too bland?"

"Yes."

"Did you tell them that I need a seat that's not too far from main door and not too close either?"

"Yes."

"Did you tell them that if I approve their food I might eat lunch there regularly and probably even rent out their conference room and other services?"

"I did. But somehow that didn't seem so enticing to them and somewhere in background I could hear the Nirupa Roy's signature 'Nahinnn'." Her voice betrayed the smirk on her face.

He swore.

"Did you say something sir?" She asked, still trying to contain her laughter.

"If the food is bad, you are buying me dinner." He replied entering the restaurant.

"Whatever. Enjoy fresh food," she said and hung up before he could respond.

Twenty minutes later he was running towards nearest bathroom so that he could avoid throwing up right there. The food had looked good as Khushi had promised. However, after the first bite, something in his plate moved. Literally. He thought the light was playing mind-f**k game with him so he thought he should check again. But before he could poke it with the fork, it moved again.

After the second sighting he had bolted from the table.

"I wanted to eat fresh seafood bozo and not something that was still alive," he yelled as he entered her cabin. She was slowly munching on an apple and threw another one at him.

"Dessert?" She asked, grinning.

"I am scarred for life," he breathed out after running out of energy and flopped in a chair opposite to her. "I am never eating seafood again," he said. The color on his face had returned to normal shade from a nasty purple. But his stomach still felt queasy at the thought of restaurant and food.

"Those poor sea animals will be celebrating. And am sure so is the restaurant owner," she smirked. "Oh and your grandma wants you to go on a date. She called me and asked me to tell you," she said taking a bite. He raised an eyebrow.

"Who is the girl?" He asked.

"How am I supposed to know that sir? That's your private life," she said widening her eyes.

"You butt in my personal life all the time. You take pleasure in making a mockery of my private style. I am sure you already got a background check on her done," Arnav said rolling his eyes.

"You make me sound creepy," she said not too happy about his words.

"What did you bribe the poor network engineer to get dirty laundry on the supposed girl I am going on a date with?"

"You are mean," she said. He waggled his eyebrows with a wan smile. She huffed.

"One kilogram of chocolate cake and offer to help him pick the right present for his girlfriend. But that's not the point!" She said banging her little fist on the table.

"What's the point then?" He asked.

"The point is that I am trying to protect you," she said seriously.

"You?" Nod. "Protecting me?" Another nod. "You got to be kidding me," he sniggered.

"No sir, really. See for example in this case," she pulled out a folder and handed over to him.  He saw the photo of the girl he was supposedly meeting on the very first page. The girl with a hot body and if dating famous men was a legitimate career, then she was one of the best professionals.

"I need protecting from this?" He asked her his mouth hung open.

"Obviously," she said.

"Pray tell why," he knew that he would be given most complex, comprehensive and convoluted answer but he didn't care. It was utmost entertaining.

"Your grandma wants you guys to meet by the poolside of a restaurant. Since I know that you are shit scared of water…"

"I am not shit scare!" He cut in.

"Yeah..yeah…whatever. So in case during the date if you are about to fall into the pool, then ensure that you grab her too. Okay?" She said seriously.

"Because it's romantic? And after she heroically saves me we can have a sleazy item song sort of thing going on?" He asked her raising an eyebrow.

"No. Because she will make an excellent floatation device." She replied, again serious.

"Wha…?" He was stumped. She leaned over and said, "That's at least 70% silicon."

He burst out laughing. She looked at him worriedly wondering if 70% wasn't enough to save him out of water.

"You are…" he couldn't finish his thought and continued to laugh.

"Will you remember what I said?" She asked him hopefully.

"I don't think I can ever forget it," he replied honestly.

"Okay, good. After this girl, there are more to come. Since I finished primary analysis on this one, I thought we could go ahead with it."

"Hang on. There are more?" He asked smile dropping from his handsome face.

"Obviously." She said.

"How many?" He asked sounding like a little boy lost in dark alley.

"A dozen at least," she said happily.  He swallowed.

"Now, we can go have a good lunch. Something that's fresh and non-moving," she trilled grabbing her bag and walking out.

"You think you can reduce that number from a dozen to, say, half a dozen?" He followed her lost puppy. Dating women wasn't something he was looking forward to. But thanks to his grandmother he was in this silly predicament. He knew she had enough influence over his grandma, which boggled his mind in all honesty, which he could potentially abuse to his benefit.               

"Hmm….nope."

"Please Khushi."

"Wow…but nah."

His latest headache had just begun. And the root cause for it was walking in step with him.

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Me! 

~Edit~

Harass ? More like request. Perhaps pester. Harassing? And Twiggy? Kabhi nahi, no one will believe you :P 

So we are here. Naughty quirky Khushi, and ASR who has a sense of humor. Naniji, of course is Khushi's biggest fan.

Prospective brides, eh ? Lets see how that goes. With Khushi around, I'm sure there will be nothing straightforward about it.  This is going to be fun! 70% silicon! 😆

PS - Thank you, RB. Sookie. Its one of my favourite-est stories on IF and I am so glad you are bringing it back :) 
Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Good to see you back ...

Did not have the fortune of reading it earlier ... but thanks for reposting it ...

I was clucthing on to my stomach while reading ...
😆
😆
😆
😆
😆
and I am also just a seafood eater ...
God the thought of that something moving on his plate grossed me out totally ...

Waiting for more on the date scene ...

Thanks RB ... and Twiggy 🤗
Edited by Kishmish - 10 years ago
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ah humour u say . Bookmarking to catch up
Snoowfall thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
RB, welcome back, and what a fabulous way for a comeback, fresh and not moving...

All the jokes, you kept me grinning thru the whole update...

70% silicone 🤣

Thanks dear for giving this story to us
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I love this story. 😃
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Count me in. Thanks, Twigs
_disha_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
BRB 

Ps : Great to see you back and thank you twiggy for pestering , harassing, requesting !!😆
opsyellow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This was hilarious! Arnav is funny, thats something ha? Khushi seems to live to make his life miserable!