Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hillylove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I don't understand.  IF is flooded daily with wishes of slaps (that is violence) for characters by practically everyone, so how is someone saying that they find a character infuriating  and want to bang their own head (not the character) with one colourful word, not fully typed, deemed as an abusive language?
Just an innocent question.
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kalapi

Janhvi, don't want to keep you in the forum, for I do also know  how late it can get as we spend happy hours here arguing πŸ˜†, but again I had to ask πŸ˜ƒ, how could you have ''expected'' her to behave today after knowing the truth about her baby say 30 mins ago??? What should she have said differently to Soham that could have pleased you?/

Now since the Mods are dishing out red hot warnings in this thread, I could like to state (which I think you know Janhvi) that this post is genuine, not mocking or bashing SW here...

Kalapi, yes, I do know 😊 

And to answer your question, I don't think her reaction was unwarranted at all or wrong but just more in keeping with the old Ovi than the new one.  You have to remember I have not watched today's epi, just going by the update.  In yesterday's precap, she pushed Soham away, that looked like regression to me.  She is back to feeling alone (the day of Purvi and Arjun's marriage, she looked as forlorn as this) and to distrusting people.  Absolutely natural for her to feel grief but pushing or doubting genuine love and help is not the healthy way to deal with it. 

I am not referring to Ovi's words to Soham or to Archana here, as you point out, she has just been dealt two blows, one that her baby is dead and second that her husband had a baby with his ex-love and however much I might believe she brought the second on herself, she is human and a young, immature girl at that and she is reeling under the shock so her words do not matter much at this point at least. 

Now again, I might be wrong about Ovi regressing, if Ovi wiped her eyes and put on a strong front in front of her family (today's epi), maybe this is the new Ovi because the old Ovi would have cried and screamed in front of all.  I am willing to wait and watch and give her the benefit of the doubt. Like I said, I like light grey. πŸ˜Š
Not_a_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

On this festive occasion, no champagne, I will get chappals thrown at meπŸ˜† Payasam if you prefer?  Dhidir from a packet though πŸ˜‰
I am from Tamilnadu, hubby from Karnataka, so we celebrate both.  Happy Ugadi to you too!

Payasam? That too dhidir? Now that wouldn't do at all. I have reputation to keep- I'm a wildling who uses abusive language. That's what I've been honored for and what we're celebrating. Not for talking in baby voices a-la purvi when she probably wants to be coy πŸ˜ˆ 

Now that that's settled, I'm Tamil too. Iyer, born n brought up in Hyderabad. So while we celebrate all kinds of New Years, Tamil n Malayalam New Years are more important. Will wish you then if I can get away from my partying where loads of abusive language is going to be used, so I need to brush up my admirable skills in the area. And please don't forget the lassi.
xxxnm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Dear Pari, must you?  πŸ˜Š  when you ask, I cannot refuse so here I go with my treatise. πŸ˜†

Let me clarify one thing, heavens no, I do not want Arjun and Purvi to be re-united after two marriages and two bacchas, I have been screaming myself hoarse saying that.  πŸ˜•  I believe in fidelity above all else, and Arjun by sleeping with Ovi, moved on, he now owes (in my mind) his allegiance to Ovi because of the simple fact that he proceeded to make his marriage real AFTER knowing all the facts about the deal between Purvi and Ovi.  

You are right, Ovi did the deal for herself, Purvi for her Aai, Arjun could have, should have, must have had sense enough to tell Purvi to jump off a cliff and refused to marry Ovi, he is a grown man and if he can be led by a ring around his nose, he deserves what he has gotten, noble lover, kind guy, handsome  dude, and all πŸ˜ƒ.  But there are others who feel that he is justified as well because he did this for love of Purvi.  Maybe, though I am not of that thinking. 

Ovi did not come clean with anything ever, she has not acknowledged even to herself what she did was wrong.  She was ranting and raving and slapping Purvi at that party, Arjun was not even there at that moment, the girl has a major problem, she uses Purvi as her scapegoat for the loss of her mother's love and for her own inability to ignite that loving feeling in Arjun.  Arjun walked in to see Ovi slapping Purvi and slapped Ovi which is when she asked him about who he loved, she forced his hand, again playing that game of chance, wishing, hoping like a child that shuts its eyes and wishes the candy will land in its hand and that by some miracle Arjun would say he loves her, Ovi.  Her hopes were dashed when Arjun after warning her not to push it, declared to the world that he still loved Purvi. You cannot call that coming clean, if you do then Arjun telling Ovi the night of their marriage that he loved Purvi and only Purvi was coming clean as well.  Ovi turned a blind eye and ignored it in then, she is not in the driver's seat of this marriage to decide when to believe him and when not to, marriage is a tandem bike that requires two at the helm.  

No, Purvi could not have disclosed then at the party that she was pregnant.  She did what any sensible girl should do (she was not sensible on the hill top) and told Arjun to move on with his life and left.

Arjun sleeping with Ovi is something else that I have shrieked myself hoarse about πŸ˜†, if it was physically possible for him to sleep with Ovi, he was not as much in love with Purvi as he thought he was, and he was at some level (as Strega points out) attracted to Ovi.  That clinches it for me. He took the step to make the marriage real with Ovi, Purvi is automatically out of the picture for him.  He is a married man now in every sense of the word.  Ideally, if Ovi realizes and admits her mistake in acquiring him like a commodity (Please do not bring up Purvi giving him up like a commodityπŸ˜‰, remember she is no longer in the picture as far as Arjun is concerned, this is between Ovi and Arjun only) , they should both make a sincere effort to work at their marriage, separately and independent of Purvi or her marriage.  The last couple of weeks lent some hope that Ovi was moving in this direction but this latest fiasco has set her back again.  I am not sure if this leopard can ever change its spots.  πŸ˜•

Purvi coming back after 7 to 9 months was not her own doing, Manav & Archana and even Ovi wanted Onir to treat Ovi in Mumbai.  Yes, Purvi has a problem, a self-esteem problem that she has to bow down to everyone's wishes to feel good about herself.  Mahaan you might call it, life long inferiority complex, I might term it.  

If Ovi has abandonment issues as many have pointed out stemming from a lack of a mother's love in her formative years which is the underlying cause of her irrational behavior,  I believe, being treated as a nobody by the family including the Ds (Savita, the twins, Manjusha) and as an outsider because of being an adopted child, Purvi has this overwhelming  need to be accepted and loved and hence goes about wrecking her life in an effort to win applause and approbation for her idiotic deeds. 

It was insolent on the part of both Onir and Purvi to switch babies and to assume that they were taking care of Ovi's welfare and were righting all the wrongs in the Arjun-Ovi marriage with this one fell swoop.  None of their business how Ovi handled her loss, they could commiserate and help but had no reason to play God even if done with all good intentions.  Sometimes, motives aren't enough and that was the case in this situation.  The CVs might yet turn this to Purvi's redemption judging by Ovi's behavior today.  She has developed a strong attachment to the baby and maybe the baby's unconditional love and dependence on Ovi will help her come out of her sorrow, I hope so, for Ovi's sake.  

As for the truth being told, I have been the flag bearer on that (ask Kools and Shyamala and Kalapi) that Pari's truth needed to be outed when Onir & Purvi arrived in Mumbai.  I cited Karna (look at what happened because Kunti hid the truth from Arjuna and the rest of the Pandavas), Shyamala in her infinite wisdom quoted Krishna and said hiding the truth is okay when it prevents a pound of hurt.  We are re-hashing the same "to tell or not to tell" question, just that the answer is easier as it is now in hindsight.πŸ˜†

I could turn the tables and ask if Ovi murders Purvi (she has been killing Purvi slowly since she crossed Purvi's path that fateful stormy night near the airport), would that be forgiven as easily as all Ovi's other trespasses against Purvi (accusations of her being a gold-digger, a thief, a husband stealer, mother stealer, child stealer, need I go on?) merely because Purvi had the misfortune of attracting Arjun's love, that Arjun whom Ovi had eyed and marked as her own?  Oh, I needn't ask this question, when Purvi was kidnapped, Ovi did not care a fig if Purvi perished at the hands of the goons, Ovi in fact  tried to stop her dad from handing over the ransom, so of course, the girl can be forgiven and her praises sung for she is transparent when it comes to her hatred and murderous intentions towards Purvi! πŸ˜†

My dear friend, that is my treatise in short for you! πŸ˜‰

took the words right out of my mouth
nandinidavid96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Of course she was, is and will be too much...! I'm surprised at her dhoka, isn't it she who called for all this. Keeping aside A-P love (as many think P never loved arjun etc) she made a CONSCIOUS DECISION to marry Arjun snatching his love by signing deal with P. How much a fool she is in expecting A to get over his love when she was never ready to give up her one sided. Ovi might be in love with A, but her love is highly obsessed, insecure n selfish. Except in Pari's case i don't find purvi at fault with ovi. Again, ovi was never secure r happy with arjun even in purvi's absence. So i dont think she got dhoka
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Kalapi, yes, I do know 😊 

And to answer your question, I don't think her reaction was unwarranted at all or wrong but just more in keeping with the old Ovi than the new one.  You have to remember I have not watched today's epi, just going by the update.  In yesterday's precap, she pushed Soham away, that looked like regression to me.  She is back to feeling alone (the day of Purvi and Arjun's marriage, she looked as forlorn as this) and to distrusting people.  Absolutely natural for her to feel grief but pushing or doubting genuine love and help is not the healthy way to deal with it. 

I am not referring to Ovi's words to Soham or to Archana here, as you point out, she has just been dealt two blows, one that her baby is dead and second that her husband had a baby with his ex-love and however much I might believe she brought the second on herself, she is human and a young, immature girl at that and she is reeling under the shock so her words do not matter much at this point at least. 

Now again, I might be wrong about Ovi regressing, if Ovi wiped her eyes and put on a strong front in front of her family (today's epi), maybe this is the new Ovi because the old Ovi would have cried and screamed in front of all.  I am willing to wait and watch and give her the benefit of the doubt. Like I said, I like light grey. πŸ˜Š

aha, now I understand, so Ovi pushing Soham back and saying, ""I don't believe you and you will hurt me again"" is regression to you. But, I found it very close to reality - Shruti's acting here. I don't know if it was the direction or the actress, but it was real-like. I will tell you why and though I hate to share personal experience in a forum like this I will today...

My SIL recently lost her son in a roadside accident. She hasn't still recovered from the shock. In her shocked state she talks with no one, cries on her own and randomly walks. My Inlaws are seriously considering mental treatment, but the GP advised that the mental shock is so great, that accepting and moving on will not happen anytime soon...it will takes years and may not even happen. She hardly talks and if she does, she says "'no one is by my side"" I am alone""...if you see her you could understand how this type of grief is, and no amount of sympathy, can take away the feeling of ''emptiness', a person feels...it leaves one empty - just drained and that feeling doesn't go way..just stays with the person...

Yesterday, I made a comment on KC that I could feel Ovi's pain at many level, for I myself had a miscarriage. The baby was only developing, less thae 3 months old. But, when I had that...I couldn't just take it...I never talked with my husband...In fact, I just went about it almost as if nothing has happened. I cried alone, by myself. I just couldn't open up - for I felt he couldn't understand me - he kept on saying we will have another (whcj we did). But, that was no good to me. It look me a month to finally cry on his shoulder, and that too he kinda forced me - and yesterday, again I remembered it all - Now, Ovi's baby was older - I don't know if my reaction was stronger for women do miscarry, but may be cause I wanted that baby so much...who knows...

So, if Ovi cries, push someone away...or go numb...well, the enormity of the situation is such only...and everyone reacts different...

Lastly, all my dear expecting moms, please ignore this post...
Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmya_jairam

Payasam? That too dhidir? Now that wouldn't do at all. I have reputation to keep- I'm a wildling who uses abusive language. That's what I've been honored for and what we're celebrating. Not for talking in baby voices a-la purvi when she probably wants to be coy πŸ˜ˆ 

Now that that's settled, I'm Tamil too. Iyer, born n brought up in Hyderabad. So while we celebrate all kinds of New Years, Tamil n Malayalam New Years are more important. Will wish you then if I can get away from my partying where loads of abusive language is going to be used, so I need to brush up my admirable skills in the area. And please don't forget the lassi.

I know kind of dilutes the purpose :( Only salt lassi south indian style with curry leaves and tadaka today.  
I better call it a night on IF and go attend to my house guest before the rest of the family disowns me.  Until tomorrow's dhamaka tamasha party time on PR, goodnight! 
Hillylove thumbnail

Just to be technically correct, if you fall in love with a man and find out that he is engaged, and your personal value system does not prod you to leave him alone at all costs, instead you wait patiently for him to slaughter his fiancee, yes the accurate terminology is that you are a man stealer, boyfriend stealer, fiancee stealer, whatever word best suits. 

The fact still remains you are a stealer. Nice girls from nice homes don't do such things.  Also, their Mothers would not encourage such a marriage. 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kalapi

aha, now I understand, so Ovi pushing Soham back and saying, ""I don't believe you and you will hurt me again"" is regression to you. But, I found it very close to reality - Shruti's acting here. I don't know if it was the direction or the actress, but it was real-like. I will tell you why and though I hate to share personal experience in a forum like this I will today...

My SIL recently lost her son in a roadside accident. She hasn't still recovered from the shock. In her shocked state she talks with no one, cries on her own and randomly walks. My Inlaws are seriously considering mental treatment, but the GP advised that the mental shock is so great, that accepting and moving on will not happen anytime soon...it will takes years and may not even happen. She hardly talks and if she does, she says "'no one is by my side"" I am alone""...if you see her you could understand how this type of grief is, and no amount of sympathy, can take away the feeling of ''emptiness', a person feels...it leaves one empty - just drained and that feeling doesn't go way..just stays with the person...

Yesterday, I made a comment on KC that I could feel Ovi's pain at many level, for I myself had a miscarriage. The baby was only developing, less thae 3 months old. But, when I had that...I couldn't just take it...I never talked with my husband...In fact, I just went about it almost as if nothing has happened. I cried alone, by myself. I just couldn't open up - for I felt he couldn't understand me - he kept on saying we will have another (whcj we did). But, that was no good to me. It look me a month to finally cry on his shoulder, and that too he kinda forced me - and yesterday, again I remembered it all - Now, Ovi's baby was older - I don't know if my reaction was stronger for women do miscarry, but may be cause I wanted that baby so much...who knows...

So, if Ovi cries, push someone away...or go numb...well, the enormity of the situation is such only...and everyone reacts different...

Lastly, all my dear expecting moms, please ignore this post...

Kalapi, so very sorry to hear about your sister in law, that must be beyond horrible, my heart goes out to her.  Poor, poor thing.  Life would become meaningless if the child you gave birth to, looked after, loved and raised left you.  I do not know how any mother could bear the loss of her child, it would literally kill me if anything happened to my kids.  

I can relate to the miscarriage as I had one too, and like you, did go on to have other kids.  That is sad to have been reminded of it all again, but yes, certain incidents trigger old hurts, I see signs at our local church about fetuses being babies and get reminded subconsciously at times. 

No, I am not belittling Ovi's hurt at all, in my prior post I indicated that.  I too thought Shruthi's acting was real, I teared up when Ovi called Soham "dada" and leaned in on him and again when she was talking to Archana at the hospital.  

I think you misunderstood, my post was not about whether Shruthi the actress was believable or if Ovi's behavior was warranted, it was an objective observation that Ovi's reaction will only set her back in terms of her marriage and her new found peace.  I also wrote that it was natural for her to feel grief but the behavior itself was like the old Ovi.  We all revert to our trusted old selves when something of import happens and this is what she did.  If she does revert to her old self, she will be harming herself by making herself more unhappy.  This too happens in real life, my aunt lost her 7 year old son and my uncle became an alcoholic, their marriage was on the rocks till my uncle died even though they stayed together. Not saying he was wrong in the way he reacted, just saying his reaction led to more unhappiness between them.  Same with Ovi, if she takes the hand that is lent to her in sympathy and in love, better for her in the long run.  Of course, in her current state of mind, Ovi the character in PR might not see it that way but the CVs surely can so I hope they will let "their character" progress and that they do not stick her in the same rut of screaming and sulking.  

If the CVs want to explore her world of hurt and portray Ovi's psyche realistically that would be another thing but the show makers do not tend to have the time or inclination to do that so I am afraid they will only relegate Ovi lackadaisically to a caricature like they have done with the rest of their characters.  
Hillylove thumbnail
Kalapi sorry to hear about your experiences and those of your loved ones.

You see Ovi is not allowed to grieve because she did the unforgivable, by putting an end to the clandestine moments of Arjun and Purvi. It is the wrath of PR's Creator to bestow such a punishment after hearing the cries and pain of the loved ones for the breaking of a pure bond, a bond that is so pure, that even though one loved more than the other, the pureness can make up for both.  

It is so pure that even physical union out of wedlock is deemed as a true consummation of marriage, that can break all value systems of India and the rest of the Christian world.  

BTW - God rains on the Just and the Unjust. So, even if Purvi is Unjust, the love of God would still bring her good tidings. Not all wrong doers are punished and at the time we want. Purvi's family loving her has nothing to do with her being good.  Murderers have families who love them also, and even stand up for them, when the world is against them.