Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

TALAASH- believable or, another faulty storyline?

khoslakadhokla thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Well, its least to say that many people were disappointed by the climax of Talaash when the truth about Kareena's character was revealed.

Was it because the story was too unbelievable? Do you think such incidents can't occur in real life?
Would it rather be better if Amir's character suffered from some paranoia/medical condition instead? Or, even better if Kareena's character turned out to be an alien (as Kal El says ðŸ˜†)?

Share those thoughts, senors and senoritas! ðŸ˜›

PS: Even better, if you share any spooky stories to validate your argument! *winks at the CC ppl* ðŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
not believable very faulty..🤢
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
the movie was a modified mixed version of CID + indian telly horror shows with good acting,screenplay to me ðŸ˜†
khoslakadhokla thumbnail
Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

not believable very faulty..🤢

Why not? Do you not believe in ghosts? ðŸ˜²

d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It was too real on one hand and unbelievable on another. Like I did love the inner struggle of a man who blamed himself for his son's death. BUt then the psychic part was too far-fetched cos we already had another Ghost story running parallel to it.

I didn't like it that much.
Edited by .DejaVu - 11 years ago
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
The climax killed it.
It would have been better if Kareena's twin sister helped Amir to avenge her sister's death.
The ghost thing was ridiculous.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Its not about believable or unbelievable...Its about the genre in which the movie was promoted...wrong genre...thats all...

Some of the biggest hits in BW and HW are the horror movies and the sci-fi movies...Do people believ them...nah they don't...Its just that when u go to see a sci-fi or a horror movie u go with the mindset to watch one...but if a movie is promoted as thriller and turns out to be a ghost story...its like W*F moment for some people...and this is exactly what happened here...

Talaash is a fiction...a good story...i loved it ...it didn't matter to me if kareena turned out to be a ghost...because I do believe in the supernatural...but I wish they had promoted it in a different way...It would have definitely crossed a 100 cr then...
khoslakadhokla thumbnail
@BlueIce: But, thriller doesn't mean it just have to a certain pattern and outcome. I find it thrilling as long as I'm not able to figure out "the truth" and all the possibilities that I think of are trashed one by one as the story moves along. 

And anyhow, promoting it as sci-fi or of paranormal genre would've just given out the most critical part! 
Edited by khoslakadhokla - 11 years ago
don12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think movie was more about Suspense-Drama rather than " who dun it "movie...Its just not about Kareena kapoor avenging her death but its about closure Aamir Khan gets regarding his son's death in the end,,,

People who went thinking its another Kahani kinda thriller movie were disappointed..people like me loved the movie...
Being-Anonymous thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I was hoping Kareena to be Aamir's imagination but not because of any medical condition but investigators (both police and journalists and even writers) do talk to people involved in a case/story in their imagination just to put themselves in their shoes. They could have shown in the end that Aamir saw Kareena's picture as girl gone missing thats why he was conjuring her up to find those answers which were lying within.

And bhoot in real life. How I wish Bhoots were real and hunters like Winchestors boys too. *Day Dreaming*