Phulwa

articles on sargun -miscl.new updt 2-pg,4

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
its a TC article.

Nach Baliye has helped us learn more about anger management and work under stress as a couple: Sargun Mehta

By TC 19 Mar 2013 - 16:33
Make font size smallerMake font size defaultMake font size larger
Sargun Mehta

It is just five days away from what could be one of the biggest moments in the careers of cute Nach Baliye 5 finalists couple Sargun Mehta and Ravi Dubey when the winner of this highly popular Star Plus' celebrity dance couple show will be announced in the evening of coming Saturday.

Avers an excited Sargun, "We never thought that we would make it to this position after a slow start, but we really picked up from the fourth round onwards. Now, we are rightfully fighting for the trophy. Having come so far on the basis of back bending efforts, we now need to win. There are lots of jitter bugs in our tummies at this moment."

Chandigarh lass Sargun who first came on the TV scene with 12/24 Karol Bagh, also does not feel that judge Sajid Khan is biased towards certain contestants of the show. "He is perfect in his comments. As an outsider, it may seem anything, but from inside I know that he has seen everybody's growth," she says.

Although the same film director jury member has declared that Mahii Vij and Jay Bhanushali are most likely to win Nach Baliye 5, Sargun refuses to name any finalist jodi as their biggest raaste ka kaanta. "All four (Neelu Vaghela - Arvind Kumar, Suhasi Goradia -Jaisheel Dhami, she and Ravi, Jay and Mahhi) of us deserve to be here," Sargun avers.

"I hope that our concluding act which won lots of accolades from all the judges (Shilpa Shetty, Sajid Khan and Terence Lewis) will motivate our fans to vote for us one last time," she adds.

When asked about her feeling about repeatedly canvassing for votes, she avers, "Agreed, it does seem a bit weird, but, having said that, when people are watching a reality show, they get attached to you. It is a journey for them as well and they want you to put your best foot forward. Requesting such loyal fans to keep voting for you is no big deal. In fact some of them say you don't even need to ask for the same, we do it anyways."

The actress also admits that the last 13 weeks had been tough for her physically. "Shooting in the day for Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada and rehearsing in the night forNach, my body clock has gone for a toss. Now that I have a day off, I don't know what to do with myself. But all this effort will be worthwhile if we do lift the coveted trophy in the grand finale," she observes.

Before concluding, Sargun adds that that the entire Nach journey has brought Ravi and her closer. "Withstanding creative differences, it has helped us to learn more about anger management and working under stress as a couple."

Edited by tiny15 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beebutterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing Dolly!😊

True, they came as practically the underdogs of the competition and to reach the finals, it's awesome and just shows how much work they've put in it. Sometimes a rocky start can be a good thing, it makes you more determined to do better and Sargun and Ravi have done just that so kudos to them!😊

And guess Sargun had it the hardest with two shows at the same time but she's done a brilliant job at both so hoping they do win the trophy too. :)
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. ðŸ˜Š

Agree with Sargun and the member above. They had a pretty shaky start but after weeks of hardwork and sleepless nights they have finally managed to emerge as one of the top contenders of the trophy and they rightfully deserve it. 

Really hope and pray that they do win the trophy of NB5. All the luck to them! :))
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
nice article
and agree they were slow in begnning but later they showed that they r best jodi od NB5
wish them all the very best and hope they take trophy home
tiny15 thumbnail
this article is from bolega india.its on Nisha Rawal who was also contestant alongwid her husband Karan Mehra but she'd mentioned Sargun-Ravi so pasting here only their part.

I think Ravi Dubey and Sargun Mehta should win Nach Baliye 5, says Nisha Rawal!

on Saturday at 03:14pm
Ex-contestant Nisha Rawal, who participated in Nach Baliye with her husband Karan Mehra, wants her favorite Jodi Ravi Dubeyand Sargun Mehta to win the trophy of season 5.

"I think Ravi and Sargun should win Nach Baliye 5. The show is all about the journey of a couple and Ravi and Sargun deserve all the success. I like them as a couple as they complement each other very well," says Nisha who was last seen in Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki of Life OK.
tiny15 thumbnail
this article is v.old wen leap was 2 take place. it mite's been posted 2.

Sargun Mehta to play grown up 'Phulwa' (TV Snippets)

Posted by FilmiTown.com | August 8, 2011 | 0

New Delhi, Aug 7 IANS) Actress Sargun Mehta has been roped in to replace child star Jannat Zubair Rahmani as the protagonist in Colors' show "Phulwa".

The show is set to take a 10-year-leap and Sargun will play the older Phulwa, who turns into a female dacoit.

"I am very excited about this role. It is my privilege that I've been chosen to play a grown up Phulwa. The role has a lot of potential," said the actress who was last seen in Zee TV's "Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharamyudh".

"It's not every day that one gets to play a female dacoit who has gone through a lot of trials and tribulations and has now chosen to blaze her own trail in a manner she thinks fit. It is a very strong character and I hope I'm able to do justice to it," she added.

tiny15 thumbnail
heres an article on sargun. its TC article

How TV stars will spend the last day of their lives if the world has to come to an end

By TC 14 Apr 2013 - 05:30

When you are trying to console a person, you often say, "So what? That doesn't mean that it's the end of the world." What if it was actually the end of the world? Maybe you would be at your wit's end and be totally inconsolable. We asked your favourite TV actors how they would spend the last day of their lives. Instead of panicking they thought of innovative ways of spending the final hours of their life.

• Sargun Mehta I would be eating everything I could with my family and loved ones. 

Edited by tiny15 - 11 years ago
tiny15 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
An old article on sargunwen doing "apno ke liye geeta dharamyudh"courtsey AKGKD forum

In an attempt to catch eyeballs, Sargun Mehta, the protagonist Geeta in Zee's show Apno ke liye Geeta ka Dharmayudh, went bald !!! Relishing playing the lead, Shargun is taking the shocking reactions in her stride. Here's a tete-a-tete with her about her new look in the show, her competition with co star Urvashi Dholakia and doing a solo lead.

Geeta faked her death for justice. What is her next step going to be?
Geeta is determined to exact revenge from Malini, played by Urvashi Dholakia, by marrying Prince and hitting her where it hurts most, because she put Geeta's family in jail. But she realizes she has to
take an extreme step. She doesn't want slip up before the shrewd Malini. So Geeta had to play dead to convince her. Now she will enter Malini's life as Geetanjali and put her plan in action. Malini, who ran over Geeta, believes she is dead so won't ever suspect or recognize Geetanjali.

In the new promos, we saw Geeta in a bald avatar which was pretty shocking. What kind of reactions have you got?
Geeta is a simple girl who stands up against the misuse of the law that aims to protect women from domestic violence. The bald look was for the promos only, to project the re-birth of Geeta. It is a
metaphor depicting her new avatar, new attitude as she fights for justice for her family. But the bald look has definitely caught the attention of numerous people as I have been bombarded with calls and reactions over going bald. Obviously I didn't shave my head, it is makeup but I like that we were able to engage people and shocked them as well.

What kind of changes can the audiences expect from Geeta now?
A total makeover -not only physically but emotional, mentally as well. She has shed all her weakness and emerged as a strong person. Earlier, Geeta would cry over small issues, get scared if she heard Malini shouting but now she will stand against Malini, play games with her, is determined to win and get justice for her family. This is a change that Geeta could never have thought of but she decided to brave it out for her family.
After your first show 12/24 Karol Bagh, you must be thrilled to play a solo lead now? Is it cool or tough to do a lead in a daily?
Both [laughs]. Actually it is super tough and hectic but I am also loving it. In Karol Bagh, the role of Neetu brought me accolades and gave me a standing but it is totally a different high to play a lead
in a daily show. The onus of the show is on me, which is exciting and exhilarating.
Were you apprehensive about working with a senior actor like Urvashi? How your rapport with her?
She is chilled out person and actor. Recently we had gone to Delhi for a press conference and I kept informing her about where to eat and what to order. She called me the food guide of Delhi [laughs]. We are good friends. I am not worried about her overshadowing me. 

When I learnt that she would be playing the negative role in the show, I knew we had a winner on hand. She is so popular which means the bigger the villain, the bigger the hero- that's me!!
What do you do in your spare time or day off?
I sleep, then I sleep, and then I sleep some more. I catch up on my sleep as we don't get enough while shooting.
What shows do you like on tv currently?
I hardly get time to watch any shows but when I have seen some, I have enjoyed Dance India Dance a lot. Most participants are awesome. They dance like a dream.

tiny15 thumbnail
this interview is old one wen she was doing KB. i think i'd posted it sumwhere but i m posting it in this thread.

Sargun Mehta a Delhi girl is all set to make her debut on television. The girl plays the character of Neetu Sethi, the second eldest daughter of Sethi family. The bubbly actress shares her heart by talking about her show and being on television.

What is the story line of your show Karol Bagh 12/24?

Actually Karol Bagh 12/24 is all about a family that's live in that area. The story line is family drama in which each and every character has its own point of views, personal ideas and their wishes to be fulfilled in life. They differ in their thinking but still they stays together as a one family.

How did you bagged for the role in the serial?

One of my friends informed me about the auditions for the serial, so I went with them and there we all were given a scripts. We had to act accordingly to the scripts and we did that, it was quite exciting. After the auditions we returned home. One day I received a call from the production house that I was selected. That was one of the best days of my life and I was in high spirit that whole day.

Can you elaborate more on your character?

My character is of a very innocent girl who is cared by all the member of the family. I essay the role of Neetu Sethi, the third child in the family and is very much pampered. I think according to my character everything is perfect that is my family, my house, and my friends. I am very happy with what I have.

Is there anything special in your character?

It has been depicted that I am a very big fan of super Bollywood star Shahid Kapoor that really make me distinct with my character. Another factor is that being I play an innocent girl in the show but is very talkative and pataka by nature.

Now coming out of the character tell us something about your personal life?

I am a graduate from commerce and I was interested in theatres since my college days. I use to participate in plays for my college and also for inter collegiate. And we have won some of the competitions too.  

How you are feeling now that the serial is at its verge to be aired on TV?

I'm very much nervous because I am afraid that how viewers will accept me and whether they will like my role or not? I have a mixed feeling at this moment. Really speaking I didn't even recognize myself when the promo of the serial aired on TV. I was continuously laughing after seeing my self on small screen and that to for the first time.

How different is Neetu Sethi from Sargun Mehta?

Neetu is very bubbly, chirpy and the pataka of the Sethi family. She loves shopping, dressing up like a princess and dreaming about her prince, Shahid Kapoor. Sargun is not a pataka, but I do love shopping, and Shahid Kapoor is my love while Shah Rukh Khan is my life.

What is Karol Bagh all about?

It is the story of that area and its people. The show is centred on the Sethi family, and tells the stories of six different characters, which makes it interesting.

Date of birth: September 6, 1988

Interests: I love dancing. My legs move whenever there is music. I know salsa, hip hop, jazz and also learnt classical dance in school.

When did the acting bug bite? It has not yet bitten me and I hope it never bites me.

Favourite actor: Shahid Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan

Favourite actress: Konkana Sen, Kirron Kher and Kajol

Favourite filmHum Aapke Hain Kaun. I have seen it many times

A role you would love to reprise: In the future, I would like to do a role that is different from Neetu Sethi's.

Did you attend acting classes? No, but I did campus theatre for three years.

Preconceived notion of the TV industry: When it comes to serials, an actress needs to cry loudly, wearing heavy saris and makeup.

If not an actor: I will love to work for an ad agency or in marketing.

Souce: http://tellycafe.sampurn.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=1510&parentid=4&TID=2315

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090902_7

Edited by tiny15 - 10 years ago
tiny15 thumbnail
heres again an old article while doing KB. its TOI article.i m giving link but also psoting part of sargun only.it was on may 16, 2010

It's my life: Acting is not the only career option for Sargun Mehta. About five years down the line, she would like to see herself as an entrepreneur. "I wouldn't want to say what the business venture will be. For if it doesn't happen, people begin to ask, woh kyun nahin kiya? Kya hua? It is best when others don't interfere and you get to take your decisions," she believes.