Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

yes r.d., i know.  in fact, my mom was convinced that there was a lot of him in aradhana and sharmilee too. 😳 just saw teesri manzil was one of his first hits. tumne mujhe dekha... hokar meherbaan , shammi gorgeous.

uff, r.d. what about hare rama hare krishna. bit of a classic i feel saw it again the other day, the idea and depiction of commune life. nri troubles, all felt real, despite some sweet ridiculous hindi movie touches.

no no it wasn't the food thing that took me away from religious practice, my parents were highly liberal and non ritualistic hindus, i grew up with them and learnt to be hindu more in terms of a way of life, that's all. of course, being bongs we did the usual durga puja kali puja thing, and janmashtami was a major festival at my grandparents' home in cal. and yes, my grandparents and extended fam were much into the dietary restrictions and lots of kirtan, puja. rather nice in their own way. added lots of colour to my growing up years.

i used to swear after every trip to my grandparents' place, never will i ever follow any of these sorts of restrictions at my home. married a jewish man, lovely and intensely jewish, but not into the dietary thing... then over time he felt attracted to the kosher idea... and recently we started keeping formally kosher. πŸ˜† whatever you say you'll never do, life will grin and say, really?

so now if any of my jewish friends tries to tell me keeping kosherr is tough, i give them those ones and say, ah but you haven't seen how tough it was to be "kosher" in the vaishnava way. fun, huh!

Yes, even I heard that RD had lot of hand in the music of Aradhana, don't know about Sharmilee though. Teesri Manzil is my all time favourite Shammi Kapoor movie. It's a complete film, full of comedy, romance, action, suspense, music, dance. Tumne mujhe dekha... Once I saw an interview of Shammiji, his wife Geeta Bali had passed away during the making of this movie, they had kept the set for 2 months, waiting for him to come out of the mourning and continue shooting. Finally, he came and the first thing they shot was for this song, and he said that his wife was constantly on his mind during the shooting. I felt so bad, an actor's life is so difficult sometimes.

Hare Rama Hare Krishna is a cult movie again. Dev Anand's movies have always been different with some great music.

I understand what u say about religious practices. I'm a South Indian Brahmin, but did not grow up in the south (that's why more into Hindi films and music). So, whenever we used to visit my grandparents' home in the south, I used to get to know the strict rules and regulations that were followed as a way of life. But, these were things that were impossible to follow in cities. Good thing was nobody imposed these things on us, it was a choice left to us. My mother said, if u r able to then do, otherwise let it be. That's why I just follow the basic things.

Don't know much about Jewish practices, so no idea about Kosher, but I do get ur point. Never say never, because u never know when it boomerangs into you. πŸ˜ƒ
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi, just updated 58/59 😳😳. sorry, a bit long. do take a look.
episode 58/59

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Episode 61

@Anita

" Bua ji is like i am her bua ji with ishtyle...and mami ji is like i am her mami with such great ishtyle too...it was a show down going on.." - it was awesome show down πŸ˜†

"arnav might have forgot about the contract but i have not...if you do not do this job then have to pay one lakh to the raizadas...this shocks the gupta and khushi the most...khushi said she has not forgotten but i am shocked you are saying this while tears are brimming on her eyes.  Anjali walks off and turns around saying i will give you 1 day time to make a decision...she leaves a shell shocked gupta behind..." -
here comes the dark side of Anjali...can't believe she would ever do such a thing...god!!!!

"there is anyone in his life as important as di...arnav closes his eyes and sees khushi" -
why can't he see...how much he likes her(Khushi) 😊 even i felt bad for lavanya here...

@Sohara

"Bravo Buaji to take an indirect revenge to shabby Mami.πŸ‘ Actually she deserves worse than that. I was laughing clutching my stomach when Buaji addressed her as an advertisement of jewelry and called her a clown in a circus. Just an apt name for Mami. The scene was too hilarious!
 πŸ€£ - i remember watchin the episode around may last year...i can't wait to watch it now...it was damn hilarious i remember 😊

"No worries,the Raizadas will come for this proposal too, not once but twice. πŸ‘πŸΌ" -
well saidπŸ‘πŸΌ

"
Later Khushi became the most important person of his life. He once said to Khushi, "Hume lagtahe tum aur hamare alava iss duniya mei aur koi nahi hai." So he only wanted Khushi to exist in his life. Di was important, but Khushi was Arnav's life, jiske bina uska saase rukh jati hai." wonderfully said πŸ‘ ( it was the bachelore night episode right??)

" is he planning to recycle the money? I mean Rani Saheba's money going back to her through Khushi's hand!πŸ˜†" - Anjali will blindly give him the money to...no doubt in tht

Edited by supriya.arshi - 11 years ago
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Indi

"that's what always got me about her, complete unpredictability. don't give up. don't fall back, keep thinking on your feet, and keep moving, then go ahead... act. something or the other will work out, hey dm. and if not, just scoot. " -perfect description of Sanka Devi πŸ˜‰

"so, after meeting her favourite rakshas whom she can't leave alone and go away from "hamesha ke liye," and all the upheaval of him catching her, metaphorically as well as literally, the tension of confrontation, the irritation of being interrupted by a possessive la, plus the thick swarming of emotions within as a result of not knowing what's getting to her really" -
Amazing wordings πŸ‘ Laad Governor is gettin to her πŸ˜‰

"
despite brother's best efforts anjali is left feeling sad and forlorn on her big day. he notices the situation immediately of course, tries his best to make her feel better. no one matters to me more than you, are you ok? anjali tries to handle the difficult situation, but her heart is down. poor girl is close to tears despite all the love showered on her by her fam." - i swear her family loves her soo much...yet she yearns for him only...really feel bad for such innocent soul...Love Arnav as a Brother...he so carin πŸ€—

"
she's just been through troubles of her own, yet, she can't bear to see that crestfallen air. to think of others when your own home is not so sunny and warm, nice thing, isn't it? and not to barge in and start giving advice... even nicer."-i agree...her character is very well portrayed...nd u havpointed it out very well πŸ‘πŸΌ

"
as khushi said these words, i started melting, so how would poor anjali have a choice. daljeet was lovely changing from the despondent girl to one gaining strength, beginning to feel like herself." -but anjali shldn hav been so naive...she shld hav come out strong...

"
khushi at her most resolved, beautiful, convinced, convincing, sanaya spectacular in portraying this innocence and ingenuity. her beautiful lilting voice spectacularly well modulated in this scene. and how lovely her wide, fearless smile, eyes clear... untouched by the material world, spirit shining through." -Beautifully said...πŸ‘ Khushi's definitely one of a kind πŸ˜Š

"
i loved khushi's deep understanding of relationship. it is indeed a bit above and beyond the sanction of rituals and customs. which is why the later khushi, who loved her arnavji possibly more than she loved herself, yet couldn't accept her relationship without rituals, seemed odd. especially since asr said they were legally wedded. i bet in the original plot, the story was somewhat difference. the girl who had a valid point against crackers one diwali was saying just the opposite the next year. same with riti riwaaz and marriage. khushi loved the idea of marriage and its customs, if asr devised it on his own to make her happy, one thing, but what was shown was strange, if we are to believe in these beautiful characters that make us think and feel so happy. - Butchering of a Beautiful/Amazing character by Creators who had no story left...its highly disappointing to see what they turned Khushi into

Nice comparision with the Volkswagon πŸ˜†

"
both girls were not expecting any of this and it hit them hard. the difference was in the way they dealt with the situation. attitude. makes all the difference, doesn't it." - u said it...πŸ‘πŸΌ

" she had seen that he'd noticed. but neither said anything, nor made major gestures. again that "chupi" between people who are tied with forever strings. delicate, finely detailed "knowing" of each other. lovely." - they don need words...their eyes do all the talkin ❀️

"sanaya was superb through 58 and 59." -she definitely was β­οΈ Edited by supriya.arshi - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Yes, even I heard that RD had lot of hand in the music of Aradhana, don't know about Sharmilee though. Teesri Manzil is my all time favourite Shammi Kapoor movie. It's a complete film, full of comedy, romance, action, suspense, music, dance. Tumne mujhe dekha... Once I saw an interview of Shammiji, his wife Geeta Bali had passed away during the making of this movie, they had kept the set for 2 months, waiting for him to come out of the mourning and continue shooting. Finally, he came and the first thing they shot was for this song, and he said that his wife was constantly on his mind during the shooting. I felt so bad, an actor's life is so difficult sometimes.

Hare Rama Hare Krishna is a cult movie again. Dev Anand's movies have always been different with some great music.

I understand what u say about religious practices. I'm a South Indian Brahmin, but did not grow up in the south (that's why more into Hindi films and music). So, whenever we used to visit my grandparents' home in the south, I used to get to know the strict rules and regulations that were followed as a way of life. But, these were things that were impossible to follow in cities. Good thing was nobody imposed these things on us, it was a choice left to us. My mother said, if u r able to then do, otherwise let it be. That's why I just follow the basic things.

Don't know much about Jewish practices, so no idea about Kosher, but I do get ur point. Never say never, because u never know when it boomerangs into you. πŸ˜ƒ

thanks for that in red bold. i had no idea. gosh, goosebumps, there's a depth in shammi kapoor in that song that i can never forget. in his eyes so much. it is his song and no one else's. geeta bali, died so young. i love teesri manzil too.

indi52 thumbnail
^^^
supriya,
thanks so much. you know despite my barun obsession, 58 and 59, sanaya and her khushi just stole my entire attention. i even found myself questioning asr's reaction. unbelievable. πŸ˜†

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

Episode 61

So the episode starts off with bua ji going to open the door, she thought it was shyam but when she opened it it turned out to be mami ji and anjali...she is like Hai Re NandaKishore, who are you??? Mami responds Not god, but the Raizadas, you must be khushi's ammi?  Bua ji is like i am her bua ji with ishtyle...and mami ji is like i am her mami with such great ishtyle too...it was a show down going on...This went on until khushi came and introduced bua ji to both the ladies and payal came and said hi too...they were invited inside the house and as they went in...shyam was in the background wondering why anjali came.  At the home bua ji apologized about the sweets and anjali said she felt bad for them and also felt sad that they did not get paid.  Anjali said she has an offer for khushi, not a job at AR but at Shantivaan...Khushi and everyone had a shocked expression on their faces, they all assumed it was a servant position (if i did not know the story i would have thought the same thing)...Anjali then explained that it was a job to train la...bua ji is like training is the house a circus...and bua ji and mami ji went back and forth again until khushi and anjali pleaded to them to stop...they stopped unwillingly.  Khushi asked why me... and anjali completed the sentence by saying if i am there...anjali explained she can't because nani ji would not allow her too.  ANd she said that khushi has all the quality that nani wants in a bahu...khushi, bua ji and payal smiled hearing this.  Khushi said she will not do the job since it is arnav singh raizada's house, i respect her for saying this...this shocks mami ji...Anjali accepts this decision and walks off dejectedly...And then she had an idea...She said that arnav might have forgot about the contract but i have not...if you do not do this job then have to pay one lakh to the raizadas...this shocks the gupta and khushi the most...khushi said she has not forgotten but i am shocked you are saying this while tears are brimming on her eyes.  Anjali walks off and turns around saying i will give you 1 day time to make a decision...she leaves a shell shocked gupta behind...

In the car, mami was saying you made a long suspense story...why can't me and you help miss tip top...and anjali was like i know khushi will take the job...she felt bad for doing this but she is doing it out of sister love to make her brother's life happy...

Arnav was doing his work and la was asking if he is still mad...la then said she will impress nani and the whole family...but arnav said if di is impressed then that is all that matters...la asked if there is anyone in his life as important as di...arnav closes his eyes and sees khushi...he gets irratated by this thought and said NO, and walks away..leaving a sad la behind...i felt  so bad for her...she is doing so much for him but he does not even acknowledge it.

Back at the gupta house...shyam is back..and khushi was telling him what happened...she was saying that she thought anjali di was different but she is just like her brother...Shyam seemed to get a little annoyed by khushi insulting anjali (i feel this way) and he stopped her and said that he will give her the 1 lac, so she does not have to work for them...he is just doing that to save his sorry behind from getting caught...will khushi accept his help??

anita, i love your ishtyle take on the mami bua duo. very nice run through of the episoode. i am yet to see. that conversation between la and asr, touching. so he sees her in his mind's eye? hmmm. anjali was clever, "sayani," for a change. i like. sense of deja vu, why do i get the feeling i read this earlier today and commented?

indi52 thumbnail
durga, groupbie... πŸ₯³  πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Friendly Disclaimer: My words, thoughts  and ideas are mine only, please do not copy. You are welcome to use it, but credit accordingly. Thank you!

Episodes 58,59,60...quick thoughts

An anniversary party, so lovingly planned by a brother for the two most important people in his life, his Di and Jijaji to celebrate their marriage, their union.  Unfortunately, it was the unplanned that stole the night and made it unforgettable...not all of it in a good way.

His night had started with finding Khushi in his wardrobe, not planned, His girlfriend La, over whom his relationship with Nani is strained, decided surprise...rather shock everyone with a dance to the song "Character-Dheela (Loose Character)", his Jijaji left his own party leaving his Di heartbroken. To top off the night, he found his girlfriend, passed out in his arms, only after thoroughly insulting Naani, embarrassing herself and the entire Raizada family...definitely not the way Arnave pictured this night. A happening party indeed,  bridging together the next chapter.  

After a passionate, "no batameezi spared" confrontation by the pool side in secrecy, loved how Arnav keeps seeking Khushi out at this party the way he looks at her, how his eyes follow her as she tries to avoid him everywhere UFF! UFF! UFF!... a picture saying a thousand wordsπŸ˜‰

Shyaam, a flea in his own right, flees from the party at the sight of Khushi. He calls his wife with lies lies and more lies finally ending the call but with a promise😑. On the other side of the line, Anjali's heart was in a million pieces, her tears only magnifies the cruelty and the ruthlessness of this selfish excuse for man.

Later he would apologize and when that wasn't enough, he would hold his ears and threaten to do uttak-bethak with his "hurting" leg. She stops him As he's about to do the "bethak" part, the act of lowering himself to the ground, so perfectly suited for him, how i wish she had let him!

Anjali comes back from ending the call with Shyam, Arnav, her pillar of gold places his supporting hand on her shoulder  "your jijaji had to go  do some work, so he left" she tries to keep a brave face.

"par aise? (but like this?)" leaving even Arnav puzzled "Di aap teek to hai na? (Di are you ok?)"

"hum teek hai" she manages to say holding back tears and a forced smile for her brother [Daljeet is AMAZING in this episode]

Arnav knows she's hurting "Di, if you want we can wait to cut the cake" but she refuses as all the guests are here, and doesn't want to keep them waiting.

Anjali cuts her cake by herself, foreshadowing her future, for exactly a year later she will avenge herself and be free of her so call husband. Love how the whole family  has surrounded her as her protectors, so sweet.  But certain voids just can't be filled.

It's killing Arnav that he can't make things right for Anjali. A magical and touching transition from Arnav wishing his sister's pain away to Khushi mending Anjali's heart...she heard his wish. Her "chota moo badi baat (small mouth, big words)"  worked wonders and put a smile back on Anjali's face. after all her name is KhushiπŸ˜ƒ. 

After Nani takes Anjali away, Khushi looks up only to find Arnav looking at her,  a certain gratefulness over his face. How touched he must've been, Khushi makes smile the most important person in his life. A sense of trust and a sense of oneness is taking shape...its quite gorgeous. 

Later when Arnav brings water for Anjali, "Di, aap teek to hai na? (Di, are you ok?)" so badly he needs her to be teek, ok.

"Anjali bitiya, after talking to Khushi, you seem a bit better right?" Nani  is happy to report. Arnav's expressions at the mention of Khushi in the context, she made Di feel better... 

"atleast there is someone in this world who knows when to say what and when to do what" Nani continues to praise her. Arnav quietly listens with tender feelings about her. He just fell deeper in this well of love. He enjoyed her name coming up, and didn't even pretend to  dislike her...awww

La decides to have a little fun, I don't blame her, the poor girl has done everything to impress Nani ji including dancing to a "vulgar" song with a hot guy  (b/c all traditional Naanis love stuff like that right?) anyway she meant well, so she deserves this drink for having been called a "loose character" ( in Nani's defense she did kinda set herself up for that one). It shows her disrespect for this house since Arnav has already told her it's prohibited. However its what she does next after finishing the whole bottle, that leaves everyone shocked and appalled...

Walked into the party very drunk *  makes fun of Nani's accent * Then calls Naani "Gabbar" the greatest villian of Hindi film Industry * Insulted poor Laxmi   * all before passing out in Arnav's arms (in the words of Indi...NAHEEEN!!!)

Even Mamiji was in shock, she may not be on the best terms with her Saasuma, but insulting her like that? never!

The look on Arnav, deeply apologetic to Nani as La passed out in his arms, On my first watch I thought for sure La was a goner or at the very least a good yelling session from Arnav would suffice. 

To my disappointment, not such thing happened dammit! I did enjoy his angry face though. when she comes to, furiously he gives her  remedies for her hangover...She felt guilty for what she did and apologized but no real yelling from Arnav πŸ˜” 

"Tumne Di ki anniversary party ko barbaad kar diya...that surprise? what were you thinking? jo ho gaya so ho gaya...so jao...maafi maango sabse" "You ruined Di's party..that surprise? what were you thinking? what's done is done...apologize to everyone."

BTW, where was this guys during my hangovers in college dammit?! forget the lime juice and pills, just looking at him first thing in the morning in my bed ... headache chhoo-mantar (gone)!

Nani makes a comparison that becomes the first wheel of bringing Khushi home. "Ek taraf Khusi hai, itni samajdaar, itni sambli hui, har shabd maapa hua, har kadam socha hua aur doosi taraf Ms.Kasyap, agar ek prtisodh bhi vo Khushi ki tarah hoti..."

The second wheel is Shyam, who unintentionally gives Anjali advise   "Har mushkil apna samadhaan saath le kar aati hai (every problem comes with a solution) which in turn, prompts Anjali to seek and find the answer. "Khushi!, yeh hi to hai jawaab!"...there is wheel three

The fourth wheel will be that contract, the one Khushi Kumaari Gupta had signed with Arnav Singh Raizada...little did they know while signing it, they were binding each other for life.😊

While  the universe gets the wheels turning to bring  Khushi closer to Arnav, her payal couldn't wait that long.  Twice today it had called out for Arnav,  the first one was only heard by him but the second one was seen only by him and frankly couldn't take his eyes off of it.

After the party, while everyone slept, he was by the poolside answering  that call. It was still waiting from him. Gently he picks it up, holding it while  the best moments of the day flashed by him

Her hiding in his closet the closet, so innocently covering her eyes like a child, the innocence that makes  him so protective of her, and  how she looked him as  he saves her from a fall by grabbing her shoulder, both had expressed how much they missed each other in that moment.

Only a day had passed when he furiously threw her pearls out, and vowed to forget her, "Arnav Singh Raizada itna kamzor nahi hai (ASR is not so weak)"  yet so easily he forgot.  His gentle gaze as he holds it up,  

completely spellbound by this beautiful, noisy, bubbly, happy piece of jewelry, a piece of her. How can he possibly let this one go?  It'll be kept safe, "seene se laga kar (close to his heart)", until its ready to go back to its belonging.

DROOL CORNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
CANGRATS DURGA on being a Groupbie!!!!! πŸ₯³

Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago