Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Hi!   it has been way too long since I have been able to sit down, read and speak to you girls.  I like vacation much better than real life! haha.  My husband came home and made a surprise visit to us for the week so it is now going to be even more difficult to spend time here, so my plans for reading and commenting will have to be prolonged until later.
 I love this thread and all the views(some similar, some different, some more in depth) of everyone. 
IPK has been a show that has changed my life.  The intensity of these star crossed lovers has brought me back to the belief that love conquers all!  I was born and raised in the USA, into an Italian American family and it took an Indian serial for my faith and belief in an intense soul mate type love to be renewed.  (I feel I have found my Laad Govenor for we have been together over 35 years).  I have watched many serials in my life but none has touched me as intensely as IPK and these two actors characters.  Unbelievable!  I know it is the characters of Arnav and Kushi and not the actors themselves, that are responsible for this intense attraction to IPK.  Barun and Sanaya are incredible actors for it is their portrayal of these characters that has attracted me.  (The two of them in real life, are still just young adults, silly and learning to mature).I  just love these earlier tracks for the intensity of budding love or attraction is so powerful.  I see now that he was hit hard much more than Kushi at first.  I believe her naivety was why she didn't understand why he was always on her mind.  I recently saw the episode when Kushi sells her bangles and decorates his office with the plants she bought  with that money to get Lavanya and him back together.  He goes to Lavanya 's apt. to take her back to his house and when he hugs Lavanya, she feels hurt.  I believe this is the actual moment when she realizes that she feels for him.  It was so awesome. So I think that his attraction to her was the catalyst to deny these emotions there by treating her badly.  He realized first and she was much slower in recognition.
I look forward to when I can just sit back and read what everyone has written as i sojourn through this journey with you all!

cynthia,
italian american? you obviously have got the hindi nuances so well, i would have never guessed from your updates you weren't hindi knowing if not speaking.

yes, he is your laad gov, 35 years, wonderful. mine i've known 30 odd years and been married to for 27 of those.

i've always been a bit nutty about love, and iss pyaar ko felt and understood this feeling so well, i was hooked. never been chained to a serial before, in any language. this minute to minute understanding of a feeling and the faith that it is indeed beyond comprehension but brings a sense of eternity to our transient lives, ufff i am sold on this pyaar. this exists. no one can convince me otherwise.

the writing and the two actors came together unbelievably to create a story i couldn't turn away from. in the process i discovered one of the finest actors i've ever seen, that too on a daily soap. barun sobti. have to say, sanaya irani is a better actor in my estimate than most of our movie actresses.

somewhere behind, i've written my feelings on when khushi felt attracted, su had asked if it was at the point you mention, when he hugs la. yes, it crystallised crazily at that point, but i think it started before. and even at that point she didn't clearly identify the feeling, but her insides knew. as happens with such things. ohhh this love thing, i tell ya.

read and write when you can. it's been fantastic hanging out in thsi diverse colourful thread.

and all the best with your lg on this visit.

see ya 🤗

..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
episode 46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scene started off where the show left off on episode 45!!!!
as khushi put on her dupatta, she started to walk off and then her dupatta again flew to arnav!!! i feel like it was stopping her, like it wanted khushi to listen to arnav (maybe it was a sign from DM)...Khushi fixed her dupaata and walked off...Arnav got angry and took off his jacket and threw it (i think he took of his jacket out of anger but one of my friend claims that he was feeling hot...i doubt it)  He walks off to where khushi went...they both grabed the cups at the same time and both felt each other hands and withdrew it...Khushi was waiting for him to offer the water first but he did not...he grabed the cup and started getting water...Khushi was shocked...khushi must have been thinking um ladies first...to make it worse instead of offering her the water first, he just drinks it...this makes her more shocked...After he finished drinking the water he fills the cup again and offers it to khushi...Khushi at this point was mad and said i don't want it...Khushi makes him angrier and he throws the water on the ground.  Arnav said he will break everything until he listens to him.  Khushi said she will listen to him if he breaks the door...he breaks the door (he looks maha sexy) and khushi grabs her stuff and quickly tries to leave...before leaving she said you don't want to see my face right...you should be happy because i am going to lucknow forever (khushi said this out of impulse...she had no plans of leaving...she is just fed up with him and does not want to deal with him anymore because he robbed all her peace)  Arnav hears this and calls out her name...he makes a face like i lost something important...Khushi goes home and told payal her decison and why she took it...payal understands and bua ji hears that they are leaving and gets sad...here you can tell she really cares for payal and khushi and how much she will miss them.. i think this scene you can how much she loves khushi...i still feel she cares for khushi more than payal but she can't show it.  Arnav comes home all angry and starts flinging his clothes off (okay just his waist coat and tie...i noticed when he is angry he likes to take off his clothes...but he has never been no angry to throw off his show, salman khan style...my besharam bit is done)  and keeps thinking about what khushi said...At night they show khushi talking to devi maiya even though khushi is happy to go home but some where deep inside she is not happy but she does not know why...Arnav is shown sleeping thinking about khushi leaving...she wakes up screaming khushi...these two are not ready to leave each other alone...they already made a place in each other's heart since day one.

As for shyam, the whole family know that a live in relationship is wrong and are not really accepting it...they only reason that they are is because shyam said it is a good idea to keep arnav with them ( i bet he knows that if arnav leaves...his money is gone)  Since shyam said do it for arnav, they agree for the live in...He can convince them to do the wrong thing with his convincing words

BTW i read  everyone's analysis!!! but i don't have time to comment :(
Hi everyone!  My apologies for being a silent reader and so behind in everything!  My youngest has a cold/asthma!  I'm sick with a cold myself trying to recover!  Will try to catch up!  Miss you all! 🤗 Edited by Katelyn - 11 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

cynthia,
italian american? you obviously have got the hindi nuances so well, i would have never guessed from your updates you weren't hindi knowing if not speaking.

yes, he is your laad gov, 35 years, wonderful. mine i've known 30 odd years and been married to for 27 of those.

i've always been a bit nutty about love, and iss pyaar ko felt and understood this feeling so well, i was hooked. never been chained to a serial before, in any language. this minute to minute understanding of a feeling and the faith that it is indeed beyond comprehension but brings a sense of eternity to our transient lives, ufff i am sold on this pyaar. this exists. no one can convince me otherwise.

the writing and the two actors came together unbelievably to create a story i couldn't turn away from. in the process i discovered one of the finest actors i've ever seen, that too on a daily soap. barun sobti. have to say, sanaya irani is a better actor in my estimate than most of our movie actresses.

somewhere behind, i've written my feelings on when khushi felt attracted, su had asked if it was at the point you mention, when he hugs la. yes, it crystallised crazily at that point, but i think it started before. and even at that point she didn't clearly identify the feeling, but her insides knew. as happens with such things. ohhh this love thing, i tell ya.

read and write when you can. it's been fantastic hanging out in thsi diverse colourful thread.

and all the best with your lg on this visit.

see ya 🤗

I probably was an Indian in my past life.  I seem to understand the nuances without even knowing why and feel very comfortable with the culture!  Past lives go figure.
I As far as the attraction of Kushi and Arnav I believe it started very early, I just believe she didn't realize it until the hug.  She was definitely annoyed/ jealous at mandir during Teej you can just see it on her face and all that eye contact, come on!!!
I agree with you Sobti and Irani are brilliant actors.  I also think she does not get enough credit for her talent.  Be well and can't wait to read!
Edited by cinthiann1758 - 11 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Hi everyone!  My apologies for being a silent reader and so behind in everything!  My youngest has a cold/asthma!  I'm sick with a cold myself trying to recover!  Will try to catch up!  Miss you all! 🤗

Katelyn hope everyone feels better.  I too haven't had too much of a chance but no worries we are all supporting each other and we will catch up when we can!!!  Feel better! I love this font too!

cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

episode 46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scene started off where the show left off on episode 45!!!!
as khushi put on her dupatta, she started to walk off and then her dupatta again flew to arnav!!! i feel like it was stopping her, like it wanted khushi to listen to arnav (maybe it was a sign from DM)...Khushi fixed her dupaata and walked off...Arnav got angry and took off his jacket and threw it (i think he took of his jacket out of anger but one of my friend claims that he was feeling hot...i doubt it)  He walks off to where khushi went...they both grabed the cups at the same time and both felt each other hands and withdrew it...Khushi was waiting for him to offer the water first but he did not...he grabed the cup and started getting water...Khushi was shocked...khushi must have been thinking um ladies first...to make it worse instead of offering her the water first, he just drinks it...this makes her more shocked...After he finished drinking the water he fills the cup again and offers it to khushi...Khushi at this point was mad and said i don't want it...Khushi makes him angrier and he throws the water on the ground.  Arnav said he will break everything until he listens to him.  Khushi said she will listen to him if he breaks the door...he breaks the door (he looks maha sexy) and khushi grabs her stuff and quickly tries to leave...before leaving she said you don't want to see my face right...you should be happy because i am going to lucknow forever (khushi said this out of impulse...she had no plans of leaving...she is just fed up with him and does not want to deal with him anymore because he robbed all her peace)  Arnav hears this and calls out her name...he makes a face like i lost something important...Khushi goes home and told payal her decison and why she took it...payal understands and bua ji hears that they are leaving and gets sad...here you can tell she really cares for payal and khushi and how much she will miss them.. i think this scene you can how much she loves khushi...i still feel she cares for khushi more than payal but she can't show it.  Arnav comes home all angry and starts flinging his clothes off (okay just his waist coat and tie...i noticed when he is angry he likes to take off his clothes...but he has never been no angry to throw off his show, salman khan style...my besharam bit is done)  and keeps thinking about what khushi said...At night they show khushi talking to devi maiya even though khushi is happy to go home but some where deep inside she is not happy but she does not know why...Arnav is shown sleeping thinking about khushi leaving...she wakes up screaming khushi...these two are not ready to leave each other alone...they already made a place in each other's heart since day one.

As for shyam, the whole family know that a live in relationship is wrong and are not really accepting it...they only reason that they are is because shyam said it is a good idea to keep arnav with them ( i bet he knows that if arnav leaves...his money is gone)  Since shyam said do it for arnav, they agree for the live in...He can convince them to do the wrong thing with his convincing words

BTW i read  everyone's analysis!!! but i don't have time to comment :(

Love it Red wow maybe that is the truth.  I didn't think of it good observation.

Preety_woman thumbnail
Hey guys my update is on page 82 the top one.Hope you like it

❤️😉
Edited by goofy - 11 years ago
..Anita.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Love it Red wow maybe that is the truth.  I didn't think of it good observation.

Why thank you!!!
..Anita.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Hi everyone!  My apologies for being a silent reader and so behind in everything!  My youngest has a cold/asthma!  I'm sick with a cold myself trying to recover!  Will try to catch up!  Miss you all! 🤗

I hope you and everyone is feeling better
charlotte74 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: indi52

thanks, charlotte.

in bold there, that was at the heart of the whole thing, wasn't it? why was she feeling such things for a man who was constantly nasty to to her. firstly a small town girl with no exposure to men and all the complexities of love, secondly, uff he was mean. and yet those feelings. how gorgeous, that she still felt things. someone in ipk really understood love and its inexplicable element. how in the end it is like faith in the eternal. you love because you love. not because your ideas of what can or cannot be loved are met. beautiful. both accepted the other finally, as they were. though i do wish khushi had not said she wasn't his patni that night. but that was when story had taken a toss and creatives had lost their way, so no comments. thank g though, they showed the two making love and submitting to their feelings before the totally unnecessary remarriage.

you are right about the eternal love where two people love each other even when they don't understand it completely. 

In IPK love developed slowly in the sense that it took them nearly a year (literally) to realize thanks to misunderstandings galore

it was good when I thought there is plenty of time for love but when that did not happen it feels like why did they take so much time to fall in love (June to Feb)
Then the hate marriage (Feb to April)
Kidnapping (May - June)

Finally we got only three months of Arnav romanicing Khushi somewhat (July - September) 
I don't know what we got in Oct-November
Sigh!

Re-marriage was Arnav's way of showing Khushi he willing to go through the rituals for her sake

But I agree with you regarding them showing the lovemaking before marriage because it shows Khushi's unshakable trust in the man she loves

So they did something to prove their love for the other