Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Saubhagyavati Bhava to come back with season 2?

Saubhagyavati Bhava to come back with season 2?

The curtains may come down on the " Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava" hit TV show on Life OK but if lead actor Karanvir Bohra's statement is anything to go by, it seems this is just a break and the crew is gearing up for a second season. 

"For Viraaj, in the whole show, it was like Jhanviis my life. Now when Jhanvi is not there, how much can we stretch it. So it's good that we are giving it a break and will come out with something fresh," Karanvir said here Wednesday on the last day of the shoot. 

When asked if they are planning a second season, he said, "We have also heard these rumours. If they are true or not, only time will tell." 

In the show, Karanvir played an obsessive husband while Sriti Jha was seen as his wife Jhanvi. 

Karanvir and rest of the team celebrated the last day of the shoot by cutting a cake. He also recalled the first week since the show's launch. 

"It is quite ironic that we had cut a cake in the first week of the show because the TRP touched 1.8. It was unheard of, on a brand new channel. Life OK channel nobody knew of, nobody knew what 'Saubhagyvati' was. So it shook everyone else. That was a historic moment," Karanvir said. 

The show premiered Dec 18, 2011 which also marked the channel Life OK's launch.
mayra786 thumbnail
OMGG i really hope that it does
MahinK thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I really do hope so too!!! DSDDSB Season 2 is what Im waiting for!!
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I have conflicting thoughts.

First a few points.

• 1) The new Production House had done a very, very good job soon after they took over.  They executed so well.
  • 2) The show became AWESOME once Ananya's role kicked into gear.  She, Viraj, the rest of the characters... they all made the show rock.  Late November to Mid December around, the show was Amazing.  
  • 3) The show became sluggish, a bit haphazard around late Dec, most likely because its fate was hanging in the balance.  Still from what I saw (though I haven't watched for the past two weeks or so) the execution was still pretty good.
  • 4) The story as is now, as has happened, it's probably just best to end it.  The character of Viraj is not consistent, hasn't been consistent in a long time.  Add into the inconsistency that the character is pretty much gone now.  I don't know how they can just start off a new season with the same character.

From all this, I am of the opinion that this PH, MS, the new cast got the short end of the stick.  They did a great job and the show was very good, but unfortunately was mired due to circumstances.

So a Season Two would be in the sense that the PH, KVB, MS and perhaps some others in the cast come together again and start a fresh new show.

I don't think I should necessarily doubt the creativity of these writers, to say that a S2 with a continuation of Viraj is doomed to be bad.  Because they were talented and creative enough to take over the mess of the show and do what they did, and that too with constant changing circumstances.

But as of now, I'm of the feeling that I would absolutely be down with it if this PH comes back with something new starring KVB and MS.  Season Two need not be a continuation of the first season.  We've seen plenty of shows where much of the cast comes back for a Season Two, but they are different characters in a different story.

Or, the other possibility is that Season Two is something from the PH, but not with the the same actors and characters. New Story, new characters, new or mostly new actors.

And of course, all this is a big if!

Edited by likarsh - 11 years ago
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I don't know about a season two, the new PH already sent out the message in the best possible way after all the damage, it's better not to stretch it.

But yes, if KVB means a new show with the same PH when he says 'coming out with something fresh' then I will love that! 
Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 11 years ago
candid_frisky thumbnail
i'll be d most happiest person on earth if SB comes up with a sequel at d end of d year or in the next year and KARANVIR is my addiction:)..i wish this news comes out to be true!
sabrina.a thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@likarsh Today's episode will answer. If there is going to be a second season they will give a hint.
I also think Sriti will be shown today. I saw her fb status last night. She hasn't mentioned directly though.
xxxswan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i really hope that kvb in season 2 and come with superb story at new time slot
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: likarsh

I have conflicting thoughts.

First a few points.

• 1) The new Production House had done a very, very good job soon after they took over.  They executed so well.
  • 2) The show became AWESOME once Ananya's role kicked into gear.  She, Viraj, the rest of the characters... they all made the show rock.  Late November to Mid December around, the show was Amazing.  
  • 3) The show became sluggish, a bit haphazard around late Dec, most likely because its fate was hanging in the balance.  Still from what I saw (though I haven't watched for the past two weeks or so) the execution was still pretty good.
  • 4) The story as is now, as has happened, it's probably just best to end it.  The character of Viraj is not consistent, hasn't been consistent in a long time.  Add into the inconsistency that the character is pretty much gone now.  I don't know how they can just start off a new season with the same character.

From all this, I am of the opinion that this PH, MS, the new cast got the short end of the stick.  They did a great job and the show was very good, but unfortunately was mired due to circumstances.

So a Season Two would be in the sense that the PH, KVB, MS and perhaps some others in the cast come together again and start a fresh new show.

I don't think I should necessarily doubt the creativity of these writers, to say that a S2 with a continuation of Viraj is doomed to be bad.  Because they were talented and creative enough to take over the mess of the show and do what they did, and that too with constant changing circumstances.

But as of now, I'm of the feeling that I would absolutely be down with it if this PH comes back with something new starring KVB and MS.  Season Two need not be a continuation of the first season.  We've seen plenty of shows where much of the cast comes back for a Season Two, but they are different characters in a different story.

Or, the other possibility is that Season Two is something from the PH, but not with the the same actors and characters. New Story, new characters, new or mostly new actors.

And of course, all this is a big if!

I heartily agree w/ this.  With everything done in this show, Viraj had come to a dead end.  A better idea, if this PH has the opportunity, would be to do a new serial w/ KVB, Mala and some of the surviving cast, but into a whole new story.  Maybe KVB and Mala could both be antagonists there (think Mickey & Mallory from Natural Born Killers), or something else.

And yeah, the PH also deserves credit for bringing the serial back on message w/ whatever they had, and making the theme bringing justice to Jhanvi and getting Viraj to justice.  Some of the things were ugly, like the corpse saga, and also the glorification of sati in Wednesday's episode, so they might want to straighten up their CVs on that one.

Originally posted by: mysticgoryfilms

I don't know about a season two, the new PH already sent out the message in the best possible way after all the damage, it's better not to stretch it.

But yes, if KVB means a new show with the same PH when he says 'coming out with something fresh' then I will love that! 

Yeah, that's the best - and probably only - way to do it.  In which case, don't call it a season 2, call it a fresh new serial.  Just like Sriti starred in 2 serials w/ the same lead - first Jiya Jale and then Shaurya aur Suhani opposite Saurabh Pandey, similarly, Viraj and Mala could both lead in the next one.