priyapiya thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
ISHA KOPPIKAR BANKS ON FARHAN'S 'DON'

By Kaydee - Eye TV India Bureau

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
NKhallas girl Isha Koppikar who shot to fame in Ram Gopal Verma's 'Company' and later in 'Girlfriend' and 'Kya Kool Hain Hum' is very excited these days. She is anxiously waiting for her latest 'Don'. Significantly, Farhan Akhtar has not only assigned her an acting role in his remake of 'Don', but has given her the coveted role played by Zeenat Anaam in the original 'Don'. Isha doesn't stop talking about her character of Aneeta in 'Don'. We chatted with her.

Excerpts of our chat with Isha:

What's role in Farhan's 'Don'?

This has been the famous movie of Amitabh Bachchan. And, I am assigned Aneeta's character in it that was once played by Zeenat Aman. So, I am very, very happy.

What's special about Aneeta's character?

Shah Rukh Khan is playing 'Don' in it though Amitabh played it in the earlier avatar of 'Don'. I play Aneeta's character. Incidentally, I was chosen to do an item number in the movie, but Farhan decided to try me for Aneeta's character. He had faith in my acting talent.

Will you quit item numbers after 'Don'?

click for larger view
No, I am not averse to doing item numbers. After all, I have earned fame as an item number dancer only, say, because of Khallas. Besides, one is remembered for one's item number for long. So, I shall never quit doing an item number.

Which has been your favorite character so far?

I like my character in Dwivedi's 'Pinjar'. However, my character in 'Kya Kool Hain Hum' has brought me offers since it had hit the box office. But, I am keenly waiting for Farhan's 'Don'.