Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mushiroxx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
wow im glad u brought ur writing skills for this forum...😃 im loving ur OS like crazy...👏👏 u wrote riya's emotional turmoil in chap 1 n arjun's in chap 2 so brilliantly...i not only felt their pain but my heart ached for them... n arjun's entry was so cool...looking forward to the next part n pm me ur update dear 😳
mushiroxx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
n all the best for ur GRE SWEETY...HOPE U DO WELL...👍🏼
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Dear Nisha,

I am glad I chanced upon your OS just now, for you are quite a remarkably proficient writer, especially at projecting helpless despair. There is a sureness of touch, an immediacy, to your emotional passages that ring true with amazing consistency. One cannot help identifying with Riya's acute sense of loss, even if it is the  loss of something she never had.

In your part 1, I loved the section that goes:

But, what hurt her the most was that he may never smile.  In the past two years, she had yearned for the day his pain would go away, for the day when she could see a smile that wasn't clouded with pain', a genuine smile. She had ached for that day, but the knowledge that it may never come hurt the most because she needed him to be happy. She needed him to find some peace because until he couldn't find peace she couldn't either.

You have here woven together two very moving strands ' Riya's caring for Arjun and his peace of mind more than for her own happiness and, secondly, the fact that the latter depends on the former.

I hope the rest of your OS gets to be even better.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ---Nisha---

Thank you 🤗
I had hoped to finish it today but seems like i wont be able to. I am half asleep and still studying for the GRE...
God what my life has come to...study, study, study. This is nice...wrting...gives me something else to do (something I like) plus it helps my writing.

BTW, everyone...if you see anything wrong in my writing then point it out because it will only help me better my writing which will be really helpful for the GRE (which is a standardized test and I have to write 2 essays on it).

Awwhhh. I feel you. I have this semester off hence im working and dun have to worry about studying. But once I get back in Feb. ... Lets just not talk about it:P and i absolutely understand. It's ArIya we are talking about. You cannot stop reading or writing about them. Would love to read more. So keep writing more and the fact that you like writing makes me so happy. You should write more and more about them. But study comes first. So concentrate on your study and update when you have time!:) Good Luck with your essays. & I will definitely point out the errors if there are any!:)
Hot.Pink.Heels thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Just read both parts.
Arjun and Riya are cuts and I liked them way you portrayed this!
Moumimon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
it's really good..nice plot taken by you...continue it soon... Edited by Moumimon - 11 years ago
---Nisha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Dear Nisha,

I am glad I chanced upon your OS just now, for you are quite a remarkably proficient writer, especially at projecting helpless despair. There is a sureness of touch, an immediacy, to your emotional passages that ring true with amazing consistency. One cannot help identifying with Riya's acute sense of loss, even if it is the  loss of something she never had.

In your part 1, I loved the section that goes:

But, what hurt her the most was that he may never smile.  In the past two years, she had yearned for the day his pain would go away, for the day when she could see a smile that wasn't clouded with pain', a genuine smile. She had ached for that day, but the knowledge that it may never come hurt the most because she needed him to be happy. She needed him to find some peace because until he couldn't find peace she couldn't either.

You have here woven together two very moving strands ' Riya's caring for Arjun and his peace of mind more than for her own happiness and, secondly, the fact that the latter depends on the former.

I hope the rest of your OS gets to be even better.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Wow you pay me an amazing compliment...I am smiles...😃 😛
This certainly boosted me up...I probably wasnt going to finish this until probably friday but now I might write it today. That is after I take my online test and start grad school app. 😭
I dont know about it getting better considering the time constraint...but I will try.
---Nisha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Part 3

Arjun's face twitched with anger, his jaw tightened at the sight presenting in front of him. This despicable man had his hands all over Riya while Riya was trying to get away from him. He strode over there and pulled Riya away from the man; tucked her behind him and punched the disgusting man who could hardly stand right, who reeked of alcohol. He stumbled back and looked up with anger in his eyes, but froze when his eyes met Arjun's. He slowly walked away.  

Arjun turned back to face Riya, but remained quiet because he was still seething in anger. How could she be so reckless?

"Arre sir aap yahan?" she said in a drunken stupor.

"Are you drunk Riya?" He was astonished at her reckless behavior. She was drunk in some bar all alone dancing with some guy she didn't know. He took her hand and dragged her away from the bar.

"Sir mera haath chodiye." But Arjun didn't listen. He dragged her out the bar when she flung her hand out of his.

"Maine kaha na leave my hand," she said as she turned around to walk back into the bar. "Riya where the hell do you think you are going?"

"To have some fun'since you are no fun." She made it 2 steps before arjun grabbed her hands and pulled her back. She smacked right into his chest. Arjun steadied her.

Riya looked up into his eyes and a small smile appeared on her face. Arjun's anger dissipated when he saw the delightful smile on her face'the dimples'the crinkles around her eyes. He was taken aback, she looked so beautiful. With great difficulty he looked away and Riya tried to get away from him again. He lifted her up in his arms. "Sir," Riya squirmed but she didn't try to get away again, rather she locked her hands around his neck huddling into him.

Riya couldn't believe she was in his arms. She would have thought it a dream had she not felt his strong shoulders under her arms, his hair under her fingers, had she not smelled his musky masculine scent. She delighted in it. She wanted to stay like this in his arms forever. The small smile from before returned on her lips. He placed her gently in the passenger seat and shut the door getting into the driver's side.

He drove her home in silence. She wished she could say something. She wished she could tell him how she admired him; his intelligence, his courage, even his madness. She wished she could tell him she loved him. She wished so much more'

The car stopped bringing her out of her reverie. Arjun opened the door for her. She was about to get out when he placed his arm under the knees and his other arm around her back. She gasped a little because she hadn't expected him to carry her again. Maybe she should get drunk more often, she thought.

Now she knew what heaven was like. It was being in his arms, being with him. She couldn't remember if she had ever been this happy in the last 2 years.

"Riya ghar ki keys?" Riya reached in her pocket and pulled her keys out and opened the door.

Arjun gently put her down on her feet and locked the door. He leaned slightly into the door. God she felt so amazing in his arms as if she belonged there. He knew he didn't have to carry her out of the car but he couldn't help himself. He was apparently giving into all his impulses today'all the ones he had been suppressing for years. He felt helpless. God, he hadn't wanted to put her down.  

He turned around facing her and was brought back to reality. "Riya how could you be so reckless? What is wrong with you?"

"Sir mein woh."

"Woh kya Riya. How could you be so irresponsible? What if something had happened to you? What if that man had'" He couldn't even finish the sentence because rage boiled in his blood at the thought of someone hurting Riya. He hadn't even realized he had become so protective of her.

"But I am fine," she said nonchalantly which just angered him further.

"Riya what is wrong with you? Tumne zaara bhi nahi socha ki tumhe kuch ho jaate toh main kya'"

Riya froze. She looked up into his eyes and couldn't believe what she saw'what she heard. She was care in his eyes'care for her.

"Kya kaha aapne sir?"

"Riya mein. Yes I care about you Riya. If something were to happen to you I wouldn't be able to'" His thoughts went to Roshni. "After what happened to Roshni I cant lose you too."  

Riya's eyes welled up. She had dreamt for years'she had yearned for so long and now finally she heard what her ears had craved to hear.

Arjun closed the distance between them and cupped her face. She couldn't stop herself so she hugged him. Euphoria engulfed her when she felt his arms around her as well. He cared about her, maybe even', she thought with such delight.

He pulled back slightly and she tensed up because she thought he was taking it all back but he silenced her fears when he kissed her with such passion as if he had been waiting to do this for a long time. She gave her everything in that kiss. She pulled away gasping for air and he touched his forehead to her forehead. She opened her eyes and smiled rather beamed breathlessly at him.

"I need you Riya."

"I love you sir," she said as she hugged him again.

"Sir nahin arjun. Waise me too."

She was right, in his arms was heaven.

------

Sorry I kept you all hanging for a week. I was really busy though. I hope you like this ending. And do point out any mistakes in my writing.

Oh and I have some free time today. I wanted to write another OS in which Riya finds out she is pregnant and hides it from everyone and goes out to field...etc etc. Should I write it? I know it seems kinda sappy. Nways let me know soon coz I wont have any time tomorrow.

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 11 years ago
.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
OMG! That was beautiful. I had goosebumps reading this part. Well done buddy. and hope your study is going well:) Oh yes please write another one. You can write as many as you want and trust me Im always ready to read them;)
Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Great ending...
Do write the one you said it