OS- In His Arms (Part 3 on pg. 5)

---Nisha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

In his arms

It was all over now, Riya thought as she looked at him through the glass door. She felt like an outsider looking in where she was neither needed not belonged. She had been sitting on her chair in her desk trying to finish the paper work on the case to no avail. Her eyes kept wondering to his office where he sat looking at the photo frame on his desk. Where was the peace she had thought she would see on his face when finally everything was over? Would he never forget her? That single thought kept terrifying her because she had learned in the last two years that she could not live without him. What would she do if he never moved on? Arjun held a part of her without even knowing it'he held her heart within his grasp and he could break it so easily. Riya was a strong girl, despite all that she did not know how she would cope if he broke her heart.

Just then he looked up into her eyes and she froze. What she saw in those eyes made her freeze like a deer caught in the headlights. Such despair'Riya knew at that moment that those eyes would haunt her forever, wherever she went. She looked away because she could not bear the pain in his eyes. She couldn't bear to look at those eyes that spoke of her impending doom.  He would never forget her; the visceral knowledge killed every last shred of hope left within her. She wanted to fall into an abyss and never reemerge. She wanted to hide in her bed and cry for days on end and never get out. But she was stronger than that. She kept telling herself that over and over again as if it was her mantra'as if it was the only thing keeping her from bursting into tears. He would never be hers. Despite everything, after everything'.

God she felt like something broke inside her, perhaps that hope she was holding onto for dear life. It would be better tomorrow she told herself but she knew it was just something to say because how could it be any better when she had to see him every day, when she had to face him knowing he could never be hers; knowing he would never look at her the way she had seen him look at his wife; knowing she would never feel his arms around him; knowing he would never smile for her. But, what hurt her the most was that he may never smile.  In the past two years, she had yearned for the day his pain would go away, for the day when she could see a smile that wasn't clouded with pain'.a genuine smile. She had ached for that day, but the knowledge that it may never come hurt the most because she needed him to be happy. She needed him to find some peace because until he couldn't find peace she couldn't either. When they had first started working together she had noticed that he would stare off into space and the sweetest smile would appear on his face'his brows would relax and he would become surrounded by this sanguine aura. But then just like that it would all shatter when reality would jerk him back. His brows would furrow again and the peace would disappear. This had happened countless times over the years and Riya found that she could not bear it anymore. Every time it happened, he wasn't the only one who would shatter; she would suffer right along with him and lately she had been finding it more and more difficult to bear it. She had gotten her hopes all high when the ETF team had found a clue on Sikander. She had thought finally we could catch him, put him behind bars and it would all be over. He would finally be able to say goodbye to his wife. He would be able to see me'the one who had been standing right in front of him all this time. The one he would see, but still unsee; the one who stood by him everyday; the one who gave him silent support. But it was a week since we had caught him now, he was behind bars where he deserved to be but Arjun was still exactly where he had been for years. He hadn't moved an inch, and if he hadn't moved how could Riya?

She could not hold back the single tear from escaping her eyes. She did not want anyone to see her like this'so she picked up a tissue and dabbed at her lone tear until every last trace of it was gone'she made it look like something had gone in her eyes so that Chottu or Shree wouldn't ask her anything. Then she composed herself and calmly got out of her seat and walked towards the elevator.

"Ri kaha ja rahi ho?" Shree called out to her.

She gave him a small smile and said, "I am really tired can you please finish the paperwork for me. I promise I will make it up to you. I just really need to sleep right now." Shree quirked his eyebrow sensing something was off but then he let it go nodding. They would never know the battle she had been fighting within herself. When all she wanted to do was cry to her heart's content, she put a smile on her face so no one would know how weak she felt, how defeated she felt today.

She got in the elevator and hit the ground floor button. Just a while longer she told herself then she could break down. She got off the elevator and saw that the parking lot was deserted. She didn't have to pretend anymore so she ran to her car and fumbled with her keys. Got the car working and flew away. She saw someone in her mirror but she couldn't see through her tear filled eyes. 

---------

Hey guys, so this is my first fanfiction for this show. I used to write for IPK until I suffered from a severe case of writers block. 

Anyways, I discovered this show like a week ago and watched it all in a day or two because it was just so good. And I have been obsessing ever since...my writers block seems to have gone now. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P.S. there will be a part 2...hopefully it will be up by tomorrow. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iluvrainaarti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
That was great. Had tears in my eyes. Continue soon.
Sabina_Ansari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Plz continue..
Felt bad for riya..
kgmu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
so sad for riya pls update soon
elle.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
That was so beautifull...awsum...continue soon..
grad2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very nice plzz update soon
Mimi2609 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wonderful, you are such a good writer, the way you portrayed the feelings of Riya, her despair, her sadness was awesome...
Please continue soon๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Fiza28 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
beautiful  loved it updated soon
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Beautiful OS, can't wait to read part 2.
Faayey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh woow that was so beautiful, the emotions touched me...๐Ÿฅบ
my eyes were teary..please update soon x