Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

---Nisha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: haruhi26

wonderful, you are such a good writer, the way you portrayed the feelings of Riya, her despair, her sadness was awesome...

Please continue soon๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

awwwh, thank you for the kind words. 
I will try to wrap it up tonight. I am studying right now...

---Nisha--- thumbnail

Part 2

Riya had been driving aimlessly for the past thirty minutes when she pulled over somewhere. She looked at her reflection in the mirror'She looked like death warmed over. She couldn't cry anymore thus her tears had dried. Her mascara ran down her face. Her eye liner was smudged underneath her eyes. Her hair was a mess from all the pulling and grabbing she had done. She got a tissue out from her purse and tried to clear her face the best she could which wasn't much since she didn't have any water. She got out of her car then and looked around; there was a bar behind her. It was like destiny; she needed a drink so badly. So, she went in and freshened up in the bathroom then she grabbed a seat at the bar counter.

"What would you like today miss?" the bartender sweetly asked her. She couldn't even bother to lift up her eyes, let alone give him a smile. "Gin and tonic," she intended to drink away her problems just for this one night atleast.

The bartender came back with her drink and Riya gulped it down; the burn in her throat making her feel alive. The bartender asked her with a concerned voice, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, another one." She planned on not remember today if she could help it.

By the time she was on her third drink a stranger had come to sit beside her. Riya eyed him in her inebriated state. He was eyeing from bottom up until finally his eyes landed on her face.

"Hi. I am Karan," he said with an extended hand.

She shook his hand, "Riya."

"Wanna dance?" he asked her. Riya impulsively said yes. She really didn't know any better in her state. All her inhibitions had lowered and all she wanted was to forget and if dancing with this guy could make her forget then that is exactly what she would do.

He took her hand and half dragged her to the dance floor. Karan placed his hand on her waist and pulled her closer. Riya was taken aback because she hadn't expected for him to be so forward. He started dancing and she felt a bit uncomfortable with the closeness. She tried pulling away but he just held her tighter. She struggled to get free but couldn't. She tried to hit a punch but missed; her motor coordination was severely lacking in her stupor.

Suddenly, Karan was pushed back and she was in the arms of the one man she had wanted for what seemed like an eternity.

Arjun had been sitting in his office for the past hour staring at the picture of his wife. He had completed his life's mission: he had caught the bas***d who had killed his Roshni. It was all finally over. He didn't know what he would do now. All these years, the one thing that had been driving him was revenge, but now even that was done and over with. So, what would he do now?

Roshni, a small smile appeared on his face as he thought of her. Even after all these years he still remembered her as if it was yesterday. The memories came flooding back to him and it brought him to tears. His wonderful Roshni. Roshni had died years ago but he still hadn't dealt with her death. He still hadn't come to peace with it, but he knew it was finally time to let go. He knew his Roshni wouldn't want him to suffer for his miserable existence. But it was easier said than done. Just then he felt eyes on him. He was being watched. He looked up and collided with a pair of familiar chocolate brown eyes. Riya. Over the years, he had come to respect her as a coworker, he had come to think for her as a friend and he even felt a strange bond with her unlike the one he had with the rest of the ETF team. He didn't know what it was and he had refrained himself from delving in it too much because he would always feel immense guilt of being unfaithful to Roshni. Even know he couldn't understand what he felt for Riya and he wasn't sure he wanted to find out.

Riya looked away and a few moments later he saw a tear escape her eyes. She was crying. Why? Her tears affected him; he knew it and there was no denying it because over the years her everything had always affected him. He knew that she cared for him, but she never said anything to him and he was glad for that because he would have refused her point blank because Roshni had always been alive for him. But know he finally had to come to terms with the fact that she was gone. He needed a new mission in life.

He watched Riya again from the corner of his eyes. What was it about her that he didn't want to look away? She seemed so sad, but he couldn't understand why. He was such a good detective, always picking up on clues that other people missed but then why couldn't he figure her out? Riya got up slowly and walked towards the elevator. Why did he want to stop her? He wanted to go console her; he wanted her to share her grief with him. He wanted to make it all better. For the first time in years, he gave in to the impulse. He ran after her. The elevator had already closed, so he ran down the stairs. He got the ground floor and watched her speed away, he ran after her car hoping she might notice and stop but she didn't. What had happened? She had been driving like a maniac.

Arjun tried calling her repeatedly but she didn't pick up. He waited for ten minutes and by then he knew she should be back at her home and then he called her at her home phone. But now one answered. He was starting to get worried, especially because of the way she had been driving. She could get in a wreck. God that wreckless girl, she drove him insane sometimes.

He asked Shree to track Riya's phone.

"But why? She was tired, she probably just went home," Shree further annoyed him.

"Just do as I ask."

"Okay."
Ten minutes later Shree came back with her location. She was apparently parked in front of some bar. What the hell was wrong with her?

Arjun drove over there as fast as he could. He parked his car and got out and entered the bar and froze. He saw red.  

-------

Okay this is becoming longer than I expected. I really need to finish it quickly coz I have a ton of studying to do. Technically I should have been studying rather than writing this but well see how that worked out. ๐Ÿ˜†

Nwyas, let me know if you liked the way I handled Arjun's emotions...his grief. 

P.S. I know I keep changing the title but that's because I cant find a suitable one. Any suggestions anyone???

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 11 years ago
Sabina_Ansari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Damn, tht was so good..
The guy karan, is in deep trouble...
Plz continue soon..Edited by Sabina_Ansari - 11 years ago
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I don't about the title, but I love where you are going with this.

Both Ariya emotions are perfect, I imagine it is going to take Arjun long time to come to terms with his wife's death and accept the fact that he can love again and it will be different from loving Roshni, yet the love will be just as strong and passionate.

P.S. I have the Ariya fever today.๐Ÿ˜›
.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
You are an amazing writer. The way you have described their emotions is fantastic. Love i.t Continue soon and Good luck studying. I think in his arms is suitable as title!:)
Serendipity05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
A little more of possessive jealousy
Serendipity05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
A little more of possessive jealousy
Ariya love to see
Mimi2609 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
such heartbreaking part...
I mean Riya is so hurt and now that idiot Karan trying to take advantage๐Ÿ˜ก...
Thankfully Arjun came just in time..
Please update soon, wanna know what happens next๐Ÿ˜‰
rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Omg I wanna know what happens next! Please update soon ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I had a more detailed comment in mind but then I forgot what I was gonna say๐Ÿ˜† But please do continue <3
---Nisha--- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Kirann..

You are an amazing writer. The way you have described their emotions is fantastic. Love i.t Continue soon and Good luck studying. I think in his arms is suitable as title!:)

Thank you ๐Ÿค—
I had hoped to finish it today but seems like i wont be able to. I am half asleep and still studying for the GRE...
God what my life has come to...study, study, study. This is nice...wrting...gives me something else to do (something I like) plus it helps my writing.

BTW, everyone...if you see anything wrong in my writing then point it out because it will only help me better my writing which will be really helpful for the GRE (which is a standardized test and I have to write 2 essays on it).