Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -Alone-

It was a fabulous update. Poor anisha..why did she die n made abhay feeling hopeless. n poor pia, though she understood that she loved abhay but moving away from him her heart is broken... ahh... it's so touchy...  u did a wonderful job...

Thanks Aditi. Oh Anisha was supposed to die only
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newton123

Beautifully written shreya felt sad for anvisha never thought she will do this girl was actually very attached to pia. N what u made abhay to kiss pia in his drunken state n he doesnot remember any thing, so now pia going back well i'll be waiting 4 the next part

Thanks a lot AkanshaπŸ˜›

Originally posted by: temptations

Nice ff...I m attached to it...cont soon

Thank you.
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: sukugeny

Shreyu-47 LIKES...jara zoom zoom.
--------u R.O.C.K.

FAB UPDATE...i jst can't find words to write...tu likhti hi itna Mst hai k...samne wala chup.

Loved each word n feelings written...How can u write so wonderful...bdi writer bnegi bachhi...abhi bhi hai...!
aww abhay...----that was emotional...
sachhi-abhay ko Kuch Bhi Yad nhi hai??????is it...really?
kuch to hai...!
 n most I.M.P.-
is really Pia going kya...???
-------------------
Three hours later, Piya had packed and she was going to leave. She only wanted to see Kabir first.
She called up Abhay to tell him.

'Don't you have anything to do, Piya?' snapped Abhay. Piya's voice held steady as she replied, 'I was going to say I'm leaving.'

'Sure, just drop the keys at Kabir's place,' he said curtly as he cut the call.

An hour later, as Piya stared out aimlessly through the thick glass of the train window, she felt that thing which had been falling finally hit the ground and shatter into many little pieces.
Finally, she recognized what it was. It was her heart.

@Black...sach main...did he say that???n that to WITHOUT any feelingzs>>??

@blue...Heart-Break.

loved update n waiting-eagrly for next chappy-write it soon na.

Thanks a lot. Abhay's feelings you will know soon.😳
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: harinisriram39

Shreya, sorry for the delayed comment

After reading the update, I became silent for sometime and it was some more time before I realised I was crying.
It was not just like reading an update.  It was even more than actually watching the episode.  It was a feeling as if I was dragged into it, actually feeling the way the characters felt.  The way you wrote, it really touched my heart. Anisha's death totally shook me up.

You are a fantastic writer Shreya. 

That's very sweet of you Harini. Thanks a lot😳
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: vampire123

CLAP CLAP CLAP

EVERY UPDATE IS LIKE A SURPRISE SO ENTERTAINING FF

Thank you Salman.
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail

Chapter 11 : New Beginnings?

Abhay clenched the cell phone in his hands, willing himself with all his might not to call her up. He'd never felt so sick, nor so disgusted with himself.

God, what a nightmare his life was. He should never have drunk-
The door opened and his patient entered, and for the rest of the day, Abhay kept himself busy, trying to set everybody's life right, while his own lay in shambles.

He reached home around 9 pm and was hit anew by how solitary it looked. Inside, he saw that all the photographs she had edited were now off the walls, stacked neatly inside a bag, with a note that read, 'In case you need my help again.'

The words hit him like a suckerpunch. Here he had been mean to her and here she was, thoughtfully keeping everything in case he needed them.

He looked around. The house seemed dead in a sense. He could practically feel her presence oozing out of everywhere, except that she wasn't there. The knowledge hit him that he might never see her or even speak to her again...

He opened the door, entering her room. Closing his eyes, he savoured the lingering smell of her perfume still left in the air. And then he closed it back again, wishing he could trap her perfume there for ever, but knowing he couldn't.

Abhay knew he must never contact her again. Neither of them were ready for a relationship with all it's baggage, and attractions were short-lived anyway. She was attracted to him- she would get over it when she found someone else. The thought sent a wave of pain through him.
He knew he deserved it. He'd been a jerk to her- he deserved all the pain he got. If only he hadn't been drunk, he wouldn't have unloaded his miseries on her. He wouldn't have kissed her like that, and changed everything between them. He couldn't ackowledge what had happened, couldn't let her in. What would happen when she got tired of him? What if he cheated on her like his father had done? Would he ever be able to live with that guilt and the pain if he hurt her, as he was sure he would eventually?

The next weeks of his life passed like they always had done. Abhay resumed his life as it had been before- dodging women, going to the clinic, playing with Sneha, coming home. But it was only now that she had gone that he realised she'd taken something from him. She'd taken away his happiness. Often, he'd pick up the phone, intending to call her, to apologize, to beg her to come back to him. 

But the logic always won out, and defeatedly he would keep it back again. She had never called him either, and he couldn't help wondering if she hated him now, or if she missed him. Probably the former, he mused, with an accompanying twist in his stomach.

He took to watching the television show she watched. Strangely, it gave him mixed feelings- for a short while he could almost imagine her sitting next to him, ready to fly at him should he make an inappropriate remark- but the moment it ended, it would come back rushing to him that no longer would he hear her yells again.

Many a time he considered losing himself in drink, but he couldn't- not because he knew it would spoil his liver, but because he couldn't forget the disgust on her face when she had seen him drunk.

This whole mess was his fault, he knew. He should have just let her leave, as cordial friends. Life would have been so much easier. How hard it was to uproot her out of his life completely. How hard it was , to be awakened by vivid dreams of her. How hard it was to forget the feel of her, so close...

He'd never let her know it, but he'd always been attracted to her since that day she'd taken him out for lunch. Somehow it had intensifed a hundred times living with her, and he had wished a hundred times he could have the freedom to ravish her once and then leave her, but he could never do that- not to her. He couldn't bear to hurt her, and hurt her he would, if he allowed things to go farther than they already had.

Not once did Kabir and Pankhuri mention Piya to him again, and he would have been almost sure they never suspected what had happened, except that once or twice he caught Pankhuri looking at him with something close to pity.

Days stretched to weeks, and weeks stretched to months, and Piya's perfume vanished entirely from the room. It lingered in her cupboard, however, offering little solace to Abhay. 
Yet the memories never dimmed, and Abhay ached to hear her laugh and talk, to see the sparkle in her eyes.

One morning, Abhay was woken by the ring of his cell phone- an unsual occurence in itself.
But what was shocking was the name on the screen. Piya. Piya was calling him.

Numbed by shock and sleep he stared at the screen , and the call ended. He opened the call history at once, not daring to believe it was her, and then he saw her flash again. Piya was calling him again. This time, he picked up the phone.
'Piya?' he said, his voice hoarse.
'Oh, hi,' she said, sounding nervous. 'I didn't- did I wake you? I just wanted to wish you.'
He frowned in confusion. 'Wish me?' he croaked.
'Oh yes, wish you,' she said. 'Have you honestly forgotten? Happy Birthday, Abhay.'

'It's... Oh shoot, it's my birthday?' he said in shock.
'Are you seriously telling me you forgot you own birthday?' she said, sounding shocked.

'Er.. I don't- it's not a big deal you know,' said Abhay. 'I- just- I've kind of been busy these days.'

There was a slight pause. 'Oh, well- Happy Birthday then, anyway, I should go, you're probably going to leave-'

'No- wait!' he blurted out. 'I-thanks, I mean really-'
Her voice sounded warm. 'You don't need to thank me. It's what friends do, you know? Although... I don't know if you still consider me one, but anyways...'

'I do,' he said, and immediately regretted it : it sounded like a wedding vow. 'I just- I behaved really bad to you, I wasn't sure if you'd-'

She 'humph'ed. 'It would have taken you one phone call, Abhay.'

'I know,' he said. 'I was a coward.'

'Well, stop being one then,' said Piya, and for a moment he imagined her rolling her eyes at him. 'Thanks,' he said. 'For- remembering, and calling-'

'No problem,' she replied. 'Listen, I got to leave now, but will you see Kabir sometime today? Please visit him, ok?'

'Yeah, all right,' he said, and when she hung up, it felt like it really was a Happy Birthday, after all those years.

Abhay visited Kabir on his way back.
'Oh, good you came,' he said. 'I've got something to deliver to you-'

'Kabir, you know I don't like gifts-' began Abhay, but Kabir shook his head. 'It's not from me. Stay here- I'll just go get it.'

He returned five minutes later, an opaque folder on his hand. 'A file?' said Abhay, puzzled.
'Open it when you go home,' said Kabir, grinning.

'Oh, okay then,' said Abhay.
When he reached home, he saw a package lying on the front door.
Picking it up, he went in. 

Sitting on the sofa, he opened the folder- and out fell a 'Happy Birthday!' card. He shook his head in puzzlement, Kabir knew he didn't like cards, right?
But the card wasn't from him.
'Dear Abhay,' he read as he opened it, 'I don't know what to say, since I'm leaving, and I can't stay till your birthday, but I want to say, that despite what you may think, you are one the sincerest people I've had the priviledge to meet. I just hope you have an amazing life ahead, with all the happiness anyone could hope for. Love, Piya.'
Piya. Piya?
He stared at it in confusion. Piya had left him a card.

He read the postscript below it. 'Check the folder, I left you something :-)'

He pulled out several sheets of paper - and gasped. They were paintings, a whole bunch of them. One depicted a scenery, another depicted a cake, and there were several sketches of him. He looked down at his own face, in varying expressions, bored, amused, angry, upset, happy... The happy one was one in which he was with Sneha. And a last one showed a sunflower, with a message on it.
'To brighten up your day, as you brighten my life.'

Abhay couldn't believe it. Dear Heavens and the Underworld, was she mad? Why had she done so much for him? All these days, he'd been such a coward, letting his misgivings get in the way of friendship, while clearly she'd got over her attraction, and even given him a birthday he could never forget.

His attention then went to the box outside his door, and he couldn't help the smile that spread when he saw it was a cake with the exact same designing as she had made.

He couldn't help it, he had dialled her without even thinking. She answered at once.
'Hello?'

'Piya? How the hell did you manage this?'

Piya burst out laughing over the phone. 'Was it a good surprise?'

'The best,' he said. 'I mean- how, when did you do all this?'

'Nah, I love it when you're confused,' she replied, her voice still carrying an undertone of happiness. 
'I'm never confused,' he said defensively. 'Now you are,' she said happily.

'Come on, Piya.. Tell me,' he pleaded.
'Oh, okay,' she said. 'I made them before I left, and I bought the card on the day I left, and left the sketches with Kabir, the day I left.'

'The day you left?' he repeated.
'Yes, Abhay, when else?' she said sounding teasing, and suddenly everything seemed right and normal.
'The cake?' he asked. She snorted, and he interrupted, 'Don't roll your eyes, I'm not some all knowing person. How did you do the design, and placing the order?'

'I left the design with Kabir and I told him to place the order,' she said in a D'uh! kind of voice. 'And how did you know I was rolling my eyes?'

He almost laughed. 'I know you.'

'Great,' she said. 'Are you going to cut it now?'

'Oh, you aren't going to rest, are you?'

'Never,' she answered. 'Fine,' he said, taking a knife. 'I'm cutting it now.'

'Great,' she said, and launched into a song. 'Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to dear Abhay, happy birthday to you...'

'Oh, stop it,' said Abhay, but he was grinning, and even after she cut the call and he went to bed, he was still smiling.

They fell into an easy relationship within days. 
Abhay called her twice a week(Piya called two other days), just to ask her how everything was going on, and just like before, Piya gave him all the details about her work, her pastimes. One thing that made him selfishly happy was that there didn't seem to be any new men in her life. Of course that was till the day she started rambling about how 'sweet' Nikhil was.

'Nikhil?' he repeated. 'Who the hell is that?'

'Oh, sorry,' she said. 'He's my sister's son, he's six now.'

He let out a breath he had been holding. 'Oh.'

'Oh, what?' she said, sounding a little peeved. 'He's the most adorable kid ever.'

'Oh, I don't know,' he said. 'Sneha would give him competition.'

She chuckled. 'Are you planning to set them up or something? Child marriage is illegal you know.'

'Piya!' he said, shocked. 'I implied no such thing! Get your mind out of the gutter!'

'Sorry,' she said, and launched off into a fit of giggles. It was Abhay's turn to roll his eyes. 'Call me when you're done,' he said, cutting the call. 

She called up five minutes later. 'Abhay, I'm sorry-' she began, and went off into another helpless fit of laughter. 'Piya, this is getting boring,' said Abhay.
Piya sobered up at once. 'Sorry, Abhay, it's just that I'm so happy today, you know-'

'Because of Nikhil?' he asked.
'No, it's because... You won't tell anyone , will you?'

'No of course not,' said Abhay, dreading that this would be the moment...any time now...she would tell him she loved someone...

'I'm getting published!' she said, following it with a whoop.
'Er... Aren't you already?' he asked quizzically.
'Oh, I mean... I'm getting published again!' she said. 'Oh, I'm feeling so excited, Abhay, this is amazing, this is...'

She went on and on, telling him that her second book would be getting published. After about ten minutes, Abhay interrupted her. 'What was it about again?'

'Oh...' she said. 'It's kind of a paranormal love story.'

'Is this a by product of that show you watch?' he teased.
'Shut up,' she retorted. 'I haven't been lifting anyone's ideas.'

'I didn't say that,' he said, quick to pacify her. 'I just thought you might have got interested in that genre.'

'Yeah maybe,' she said. 'Listen, do you want to read the manuscript? I could mail you-'

'I was about to ask you the same thing,' he said. 'Send it as soon as you can- I'll give you an honest answer.'

Later, when Abhay read the book, he realised it was exactly the genre he steered clear of- fantasy and romance. But it was Piya's. He had to read it, and once he started, he couldn't bring himself to stop.

He told her it was brilliant, and she cross-questioned him several times just to be sure he had really read it, and wasn't pretending.

He realised Piya seemed happier and more satisfied than she'd ever been. Now he knew it was because of the book.

For Piya's birthday, he sent her a signed book by Whitman, her favourite author, which made her understandably thrilled as he told her how he'd got it signed at a Literary Festival. However, he regretted it almost at once as she promptly started telling him what a sweet, kind friend he was. 

He knew he didn't want more than friendship, but there were times when he wished he could have more. The thought struck him more frequently as time passed, and he grew closer to her than he had imagined, telling her about his patients, especially the ones which frustrated him at times, and Piya , unlike most people who would offer advice, listened to him, and her silence was the most valuable gift she could give him. 

She often laughed with him over the morphed photographs, and he held his tongue in those exchanges, in case he slipped up and told her he kept a photo of her on his dressing table. That would have made for awkward conversation, he was sure.

Then one day, something happened which swept him a different direction, quite literally.
As Abhay was preparing to leave his clinic one evening, his secretary called him. 'Sir, there's a lady waiting here for you, she says it's urgent.'

'I have no appointments right now, Ms.Roy, ' he said. 'She can come tomorrow.'

There was a pause, then she said again,'But Doctor Raichand, she says it's important. She says she will be leaving the city tomorrow.'

'If she's leaving, she doesn't need my help,' said Abhay.
'No,' said the secretary. 'She says you need to help her sister.'

Abhay groaned. It had been a very tiring day indeed. 'Send her in.' 

The door opened, and a woman in her later thirties walked in. She had a pleasant, although worried face, framed by curly hair. Her face relaxed into a smile. 'Thank you so much for agreeing, Dr Raichand,' she said looking relieved. 'I believe you are the only one who can help.'

'Please have a seat,' he said courteously. 'Now,' he said once she was seated, 'Please tell me why you require my services so urgently.'
The woman leaned forward.'Dr. Raichand, I must introduce myself. I am Misha Khurana.'

Misha Khurana? The name rang a bell to Abhay. Seconds later, she confirmed his guess of her identity.
'I'm Piya Jaiswal's older sister,' she said. 'It's her I need your help with.'

Abhay's eyes widened. 'Piya?' He said in shock , and then caught himself. 'What do you need my help for?'

'Firstly I must thank you,' said Misha. 'I know she stayed with you, and maybe you helped her be more...controlled, but she is much more..outgoing now, much happier, and her tempers have reduced in intensity and frequency. Thank you for making her happier.'

'You're welcome,' said Abhay. 'Now, what-'

'I'm getting there,' said Misha. 'This thing has been going on since she came back. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't.'

'What's wrong with her?' he snapped.

'Nightmares,' said Misha. 'See when Piya returned, she stayed with us for a while as she was redecorating her flat. And then the nightmares started. A month later, she shifted back to her flat.'

'Wait,' said Abhay. 'Piya lives alone?'

'For the last six years, yes,' confessed Misha. 'Actually, her apartment's on the same floor as mine, so...' she trailed off. 

'So what next?' prompted Abhay.
'Well, we didn't want to make a fuss, and I thought it would have gone away, so I didn't say anything, but last week, she stayed over, and she was still having the same nightmare.'

It took all of Abhay's professionalism to calmly ask, 'And what are these nightmares about?'

Roughly three hours later, Abhay leaned against the wall, exhausted, as Misha Khurana left.
The knowledge she had given him had shaken him in many more ways than one.
He had never ever imagined that Piya had gone through so much.

As Abhay drove home, he realised Anisha's death had probably triggered the nightmares again, after all those years. Piya flashed before his eyes, her seventeen year old self, and the one he knew.

Abhay knew he had to be the one to heal her. And he would not let go of her this time. Piya was more important to him than anything- He could not risk another Anisha.
He knew he could not live if that happened again.

That night, Abhay Raichand made a decision- influenced not just by logic, but by emotions as well.

PS. Three guesses what Misha told Abhay?πŸ˜† Lik and comment... that's the only feedback i get , you know😳

Edited by bookworm-ALS-- - 11 years ago
MistiAbhiya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Yipeee me 1st
Lovely update shreya dear😊
Abhiya relation turn normal...waiting for nxt whts happen Piya?continue soon dear😊
Edited by koli97 - 11 years ago
..juhi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
res
----unres-----
dammit! I missed my place...😑
sorry for unresing so late...fabulous update moti...so finally abhay got to know that Piya had had nightmares are is still suffering from it...
of course Abhay u are the only one to heal herπŸ˜› through ur loveπŸ˜‰ go for it man!
Edited by -juhi-lily- - 11 years ago
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

See I am unreserving my comment like a good gal πŸ˜› This FF is my fav among ur works n I was abt to PM u for an update but I saw ur note saying u will update shortly πŸ˜‰ The update as usual was a great read n I still wonder if ur old soul trapped in a young mindless teen's body πŸ˜› I wish I had half the maturity back then when I was ur age to understand n depict relationships so well as u do 😊 Abhay is such a stupid moron 😑 He clearly has feelings for Pia but y the hell was he in denial? I can understand his heart was broken n he also knew Pia more or less was sailing on the same boat but still he avoided her  Liked the way u wrote the part where he reminscences their moments together by inhaling her fragrance like he wanted to trap it with him forever or watching a show once he considered stupid just bcoz she liked it 😳 Finally it was Pia who broke the ice while Abhay was busy dodging her πŸ˜› Who was a psychiatrist I wonder here πŸ˜› I loved the way Pia made his bday special πŸ‘ It was very sweet n very well penned down. Even now that dim witted idiot cannot realise what Pia feels for him? 😑 Misha coming to see Abhay was a lil bit of a shocker for me  I thought staying with Abhay, Pia had learnt to overcome the demons of her past but looks like walking out on Abhay only brought them back in her life 😭 I am really curious to know what Misha told Abhay that made him take a firm stand  I hope its something that brings them closer rather than drive them apart  I really cant stand this any longer Shreya 😳 Please update this one first na? πŸ˜ƒ 

I know I was supposed to do it yesterday but I was caught up in meetings till late night
Edited by ..mandy.. - 11 years ago
Paint.It.BlacK. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
--edited-
dnt know what to say or where to begin..really shreya this time i mean it. The update has totally amazed me ⭐️ because of the way the conflicts ,insecurities and hesitations of human mind has been explored here! And also becoz of the way you gave life to this entire concept! You are brilliant shreya!! πŸ‘ And I repeat you have the rare gift of portraying complex human traits! Its tough very tough and nt everyone can project it perfectly wthout hampering the sweetness..innosence or beauty bt you are managing all that along wth keeping the plot fasinating... Bravo!!! πŸ‘

Generally i dnt get emotional wth any story,(mind u am very critical) ;) and even or when i do the story/characters has to have something in it..something special..strong...Your story has that!! I am feeling for the characters...so thats why u deserve more credit!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘πŸΌ
Now do i need to say anything more? Need to say how much enriched i feel after reading it?
I think i havent mentioned be4 bt the thing i like most abt your writing is the style..the way you depict emotions...its nt poetic, but its damn smart and stylish in its own way,and always manages to implict the effect on us that it is suppossed to! your use of words are so appropriate, really i love reading them. 😳
Now the update-
first pia- sometimes ppl who has gone through worst phase knows better how to deal with situations, often they can guide the other person better. But when it comes to themselvs they dnt know how to deal. Nt that they dnt try,they do bt deep wounds are too hard to heal. It is nt that easy. Same is here with pia,she has dealt with a lot in the past(thats my guess) and wth time maybe she was sumwat successful in overcuming it bt anisha's death resurfaced her past memories. It did more damage to her than to abhay possibly. Abhay was hurt yes and gne thru worst yes true bt being a psychiatrist cnsciously or unconsciously his brain worked. It knows how to deal wth it mayb mre than others maybe becz he deals wth it everyday.
I think sumthng happnd in the past that had changed pia and while she was coping with it anisha happnd. I dnt know bt i think this incident is sumhow cnnectd wth her past. I maybe wrng..
Sum ppl lose themslvs in the darkness and sum manage to cme out. Bt the sad part is when they cum out they dnt cum out unblemished..they lack simplicity, innocense and easy manner towards life. Its like payback.
It happns wth ppl who are thoughtful..they take life n its issues a bit too seriously. So sumtime its bettr to undrstand less..in a way u knw..anyway sadly pia falls in dis category.
i guess am going out of line here.πŸ˜† K so cuming back, its hard very hard for pia bt i am hopeful that abhay's love n friendliness will bring her back. Him being a psychiatrist will add an extra benefit that he wil utilise.

Abhay- again like always i wnt hold abhay respncible, again to clarify no nt becz he is abhay bt becz i see no reason to. Becz It is difficult for him to walk the path he dreads all over again. He has hs own insecurities and fears that he is fighting everyday. When a persn who had rarely encountered trust in hs life,trusts sum1 and gets betrayed in return often cannt trust again that easily. Its like opening oneslf again to a damage which a persn thinks he or she wnt b able to deal again. They fear it will shatter them forevr...they wudnt b able to take it this time. All their emotions,feelings will be manhandled,that wil make them feel used..drained nce again. So its hard its very difficult for abhay,its nt impossible bt still its difficult. He is dealing wth hs fears, fears of losing again..fear of being rejected nce mre..and the worst of all he fears he wil do wat hs father did..he wil betray her. U knw shreya of all the demons human have to deal wth this is the worst. Gettng a lucrative/secure job or scoring gud marks in xm isnt all...these inner demons is the hardest n toughest to overcum. And abhay is going thru such phase. He is fighting wth his demons..trying hard...and i hope he wil succeed. Bth pia and abhay her dealing wth their own insecurities and fears n sumhow whch are similar in a way. And i think ths wil eventually help bth of them to take the other out frm their darkness.

Lastly Shreya i wnt say how do u manage to write such diffclt facets of human nature like ths, becz definitely it recquirs a lot of maturity to depict plots lyk dis , bt i dnt think maturity has anythng to do wth age..sumtimes ppl never gain maturity til the end n sumtimes they do at an early age..i mean sumppl do have bettr undrstandng of life than others,the reason depends on many thngs...bt stil i must say am surprisd!
Anyway few days back i was telling mansa how mature u are and she agreed! πŸ˜† πŸ˜›
Ok nw enough of my nonsensical lecture, please carry on dear. 😊 Your updates are always wonderful to read. πŸ€—
Edited by Bleak_House - 11 years ago