Shiviffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
the advance booking is already full here .. πŸ˜­
FabAahana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Bollywood Movie Review: Barfi!

This Barfi is made up of three ingredients: Barfi/Murphy (Ranbir Kapoor), a speech and hearing impaired boy who is never seen without a smile on his face; Shruti (Ileana D'Cruz), an affluent girl who struggles between choosing her love and giving into societal pressures; and Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra), an autistic girl who is unwanted by her own parents. These three ingredients come together to throw the conventional notion of 'love' out the window and prove that love can come in wide-ranging, diverse, and even "abnormal" forms.

Does this film live up to the sweetness of its name? Read our Pros & Cons list to find out!

Pros:

1. The characters. A film like Barfi! can only work if the characters are memorable and three-dimensional – and that they definitely are. This film flaunts characters that are well-fleshed out, from their mannerisms (Barfi's hair-combing, Jhilmil's pinky-finger holding), to their endearing qualities, and even to their faults. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into developing each of these character, and they all come alive on screen.

2. The momentsBarfi! makes your heart soar, breaks it, and then carefully puts it back together. These beautiful moments alone (and there are several), make this film worth watching.

3. The performances. All three stars should be proud of their roles in this film. Ranbir proves you don't need dialogue-baazi to deliver a spectacular performance. Armed with only actions and facial expressions, he brings the role of Murphy to life. Priyanka takes on her extremely challenging role with aplomb and delivers, what I think, is one of the best performances of her career. Ileana perhaps has the easiest of the three roles, but that shouldn't diminish a solid performance (and she looked very pretty to boot).

4. Brilliant technicals. The direction (Anurag Basu) is first-rate. Excellent, really. The cinematography is absolutely beautiful, making this film a visual treat. And the music sounds even better in the film, because it follows the moods perfectly – light and breezy at parts (Main Kya Karoon), deep and more melancholic at others (Phir Le Aaya Dil).

5. It's a happy film. When you hear themes of autism and hearing/speech impairments, you may go in expecting a heavy film, but it isn't. If anything, Barfi!will leave you with a small smile on your face, a lighter heart, and a little spring in your step.

Cons:

1. It moves slowly. Considering there are two love stories, a kidnapping, and flashbacks/flashforwards to get through, there's a lot of ground to cover – but the story is in no hurry, and unfolds on its own pace. On the upside, it has enough lovely moments to make you not mind it too much, but be warned if you're the type who prefers fast-paced movies.

2. It reminded me of a certain popular Hollywood romantic film in parts (I won't say which one because that would reveal too much. Two scenes in Barfi! β€“ one of which is a major scene – seem to have been inspired by that Hollywood film. It's slightly unsettling to see the comparison because Barfi! is otherwise a breath of fresh air, but even then – it's a minor con that doesn't take away too much from the film.

Verdict:

Watch!! It has everything in its favour, and a cinema-viewing is absolutely recommended to fully experience the beautiful cinematography and music. (4/5 stars)

Source: http://www.missmalini.com/2012/09/12/bollywood-movie-review-barfi/

-x-Reshu-x- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Bollywood Movie Review: Barfi!

Barfi review

This Barfi is made up of three ingredients: Barfi/Murphy (Ranbir Kapoor), a speech and hearing impaired boy who is never seen without a smile on his face; Shruti (Ileana D'Cruz), an affluent girl who struggles between choosing her love and giving into societal pressures; and Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra), an autistic girl who is unwanted by her own parents. These three ingredients come together to throw the conventional notion of 'love' out the window and prove that love can come in wide-ranging, diverse, and even "abnormal" forms.

Does this film live up to the sweetness of its name? Read our Pros & Cons list to find out!

Barfi review

Pros:

1. The characters. A film like Barfi! can only work if the characters are memorable and three-dimensional – and that they definitely are. This film flaunts characters that are well-fleshed out, from their mannerisms (Barfi's hair-combing, Jhilmil's pinky-finger holding), to their endearing qualities, and even to their faults. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into developing each of these character, and they all come alive on screen.

2. The momentsBarfi! makes your heart soar, breaks it, and then carefully puts it back together. These beautiful moments alone (and there are several), make this film worth watching.

Barfi review

3. The performances. All three stars should be proud of their roles in this film. Ranbir proves you don't need dialogue-baazi to deliver a spectacular performance. Armed with only actions and facial expressions, he brings the role of Murphy to life. Priyanka takes on her extremely challenging role with aplomb and delivers, what I think, is one of the best performances of her career. Ileana perhaps has the easiest of the three roles, but that shouldn't diminish a solid performance (and she looked very pretty to boot).

4. Brilliant technicals. The direction (Anurag Basu) is first-rate. Excellent, really. The cinematography is absolutely beautiful, making this film a visual treat. And the music sounds even better in the film, because it follows the moods perfectly – light and breezy at parts (Main Kya Karoon), deep and more melancholic at others (Phir Le Aaya Dil).

Barfi review

5. It's a happy film. When you hear themes of autism and hearing/speech impairments, you may go in expecting a heavy film, but it isn't. If anything, Barfi!will leave you with a small smile on your face, a lighter heart, and a little spring in your step.

Cons:

1. It moves slowly. Considering there are two love stories, a kidnapping, and flashbacks/flashforwards to get through, there's a lot of ground to cover – but the story is in no hurry, and unfolds on its own pace. On the upside, it has enough lovely moments to make you not mind it too much, but be warned if you're the type who prefers fast-paced movies.

Barfi review

2. It reminded me of a certain popular Hollywood romantic film in parts (I won't say which one because that would reveal too much. Two scenes in Barfi! β€“ one of which is a major scene – seem to have been inspired by that Hollywood film. It's slightly unsettling to see the comparison because Barfi! is otherwise a breath of fresh air, but even then – it's a minor con that doesn't take away too much from the film.

Verdict:

Watch!! It has everything in its favour, and a cinema-viewing is absolutely recommended to fully experience the beautiful cinematography and music. (4/5 stars)

FabAahana thumbnail

Mini Review - Barfi

Wednesday, 12 September 2012 15:17 Written by Sanket Bhatt Filmy Funda

Barfi Mini review

Dhinchak Mini Review - Barfi

The much awaited movie of the season definitely has some of the awesomest and cutest moments to die for. Ranbir , Ileana and the most versatile actress Priyanka will steal your hearts away. You don't need dialogues to make a great movie, Barfi proves it very well.

Music by Pritam (If you find similar songs or tunes in some other language or even in countries :p Tweet me ) and lyrics by Swanand Kirkire, ekdum kadak!

Cinematography is amazing..just loved the way Darjeeling is shot. Story is bit slow at places (but trust me, the acting skills and background score won't let you get bored) Hats off! to Anurag Basu for super direction and screenplay.

I can bet you will fall in love with barfi and other characters. A Must watch and totally recommended by me.

4 stars from me and a big wala applause to the entire cast and crew of Barfi.

By Sanket Bhatt @imsank

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
EEEKSSS!!! YAYYY!! πŸ₯³

Saturdayyy, come fast, so I can fall in love with Bollywood all over again!

LOVING the positive response! And I can't belive Mihir Fadnavis...who trashes anything and everything LOVED the movie. 😲 And I'll admit...I read a FULL TA review after 6 months..and actually got happy reading it. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Devansh Patel ?@PatelDevansh

#BARFI demands YOUR attention fellas! Go watch it! It has that allure of freshness! No wonder silent films speak the most!

Expand
  • Retweet
  • Favorite
1h khalid mohamed ?@ohkhalid

BARFI's beautiful...visually ravishing, emotionally touching and Ranbir Kapoor is SUPERB. Way to go RK Jr

Expand
  • Retweet
  • Favorite
1h Devansh Patel ?@PatelDevansh

Everything abt #BARFI is unique. It makes you care for its characters as we journey through a maze of emotions that r irresistibly charming                  

FabAahana thumbnail

Barfi! Got Tremendous Response By Critics At Special Screening !!

Posted By Admin On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 09:53 PM. Under Bollywood, Gossips

Critics Are Praising Ranbir , Priyanka's Performances And Beautiful Cinematography With Anurag Basu's Extra Ordinary Style Of Making !!

barfi! one of the latest hindi movies

Ranbir Kapoor Rocks once again !!

Ranbir Kapoor And Priyanka Chopra starer Barfi! got huge appreciation at the special screening for Critics and Journalists Today . The guests who watched this much anticipated film cant stop giving such big compliments to  the film and the team of this film . Specially Ranbir Kapoor earns such wonderful compliments for his outstanding performance as a deaf and mute boy .

Here Check out some Tweets from various Critics and Journalists . Lets Know what how much impressed they were at the special screening of Barfi!

Thought it would be good. I was wrong – its f**king brilliant. Halfway thru. #Barfi  ( Mihir Fadnavis ,  Film Critic/ MiD Day)

Barfi! Is a Brilliant cinema. Speechless. Ranbir Kapoor, @basuanurag @priyankachopra at their best. Congrats team Barfi and UTV ( Raghuvendra Singh  ,  Features Writer cum Copy Editor/ Filmfare )

#BARFI is 2012's BEST FILM which embodies the very essence of cinema, friendship, love and togetherness! I salute you @basuanurag ( Devansh Patel , Bollywood columnist )

Saw #Barfi today. It's full of magical moments. A great original #Bollywoodfilm that will see Ranbir Kapoor win all the Best Actor awards ( Asjad Nazir , Entertainment Editor of Eastern Eye )

#Barfi @basuanurag Ranbir Kapoor @priyankachopra Ileana Tremendous Respect.( Taran Adarsh , Famous Movie Critic )

#BARFI Simply Magical.Ranbir Simply Sensational. This guy is magic.Fm another planet @priyankachopra SUPERB Ileana fab. Ethereal experience( Omar Qureshi , Editor in chief , zoom tv )

Barfi is EPIC!! Outstanding! One of d rarest films that'll b recognised forever worldwide! Ranbir n@priyankachopra r officially the most talented actors in Bollywood. ( Moses Navgire , content head of bollywood hungama )

#BARFI:World Class.Awards assured.. Best Actor Best Actress Best Music Best Director & Best Film..Let's be greedy & pray for HUGE rewards 2.( Amod Mehra )

priyanka chopra as jhilmil in barfi! !!

May she hasn't a very long role but whatever it was Priyanka Chopra as Jhilmil is brilliant !!

So , we cant wait anymore to watch this beautiful film on 14th September !!

Source: http://www.dfilmybuzz.com/barfi-got-tremendous-response-by-critics-at-special-screening/

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
You know what is making me the happiest..The surprise Priyanka has sprung on everyone.She has indeed matched Ranbir who we already know is brilliant in this film.

Priyanka..BRAVOπŸ‘
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
you2 That's making me really happy too.. After Kaminey I think this is the only time where mostly all critics are liking her performance!