Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

archverma10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Sunflower52, I agree that the Deshmukhs are not doing all they should to rid Ovi of her denial where Arjun is concerned. She is a young woman of 19 and should understand a no is a no.

Yes, DK was at fault, Arjun was at fault, but blaming them is not going to do Ovi any good. She was blaming Manav for bringing Purvi to the hospital but the Deshmukhs made a mistake bringing Ovi to the hospital. If my daughter had been jilted by a guy be it her best friend or family friend, as a concerned parent I would have kept her away from the guy at all costs. A parent with sense would have kept her from making a fool of herself by threatening the other girl, beating her to the hospital bed and acting out in front of all. I would have been hurt and embarrassed for my child and would have tried to protect her at all costs. The Deshmukhs instead are mollycoddling her to an extent that she is losing all sense and all perspective of reality. We make all excuses for Ovi but wrong she is at this point (yes Arjun and DK were wrong too) and pussyfooting around this is only going to lead to a major disaster. If she harms Purvi or Arjun physically we might try to find reasons to justify her action but a criminal act would remain a criminal act. In the eyes of the law, a crime is punishable even if the criminal has a valid reason. I only hope Ovi is talking through her hat and that it is an empty threat. Otherwise, we shouldn't hold Ovi solely responsible, her family would be equally at fault for not helping her when she is crying out so obviously and so loudly for help.

Jhanvi I feel sorry for Ovi too...there is no greater pain on earth than really deeply loving someone and not having them love you back.  Having to watch that same person love someone else is such a blow to your self esteem, self confidence, etc that is it indeed truly horrible.

However, that being said...Ovi is no saint here...and neither are these Deshmukhs.  I agree that Archana's timing was off...but arent you all forgetting something here??? This is the same crazy chic who told her father in the temple, in front of Archana's face, that Purvi's life being in danger wasnt their problem, and that he should not help her! When even her own grandmother, who hates Archana to the core, was able to show basic human decency and compassion...for the life and honor of a young girl...regardless of what her situation is and who she belongs to...Ovi proved herself to be utterly unfeeling...even almost evil if you ask me.  Then on top of that, instead of appreciating the hell Purvi has just been through...(which is ironic because we could actually argue that it all happened because of HER...meaning OVI...since she is the one who was supposed to be kidnapped in the first place)...she proceeds to blast her and say it is her fault!!! I saw the look on Archana's face when Ovi was saying these things...and I dont blame her one bit.
Not one bit.  It was shocked incredulousness...and I dont blame her for thinking Ovi has taken things far enough.  No amount of sensitivity, compassion, and care is working with Ovi...you give an inch she takes the whole yard...so it is indeed time for some tough love.

Archu was off in her timing thats true...and I will agree for that...but not at all in her final stance. Not one bit.  Ovi after all did not appreciate Archana's initial apprehension to Arjun, her challenge, or the fact that she herself was not ready to accept Purvi/Arjun...and had to watch Purvi's hurt eyes every time she visitd K house and Sulo...did Ovi appreciate it then?? Did Ovi have any decent thoughts for Archana then?? Did any of those idiot Deshmukhs?

Why then are we so hell bent on feeling sorry for Ovi? The sooner the girl gets over her delusion the better.  Why keep with a method that obviously doesnt work? Being nice to Ovi...especially in regards to Archana...doesnt work...because the girl doesnt get it.  She thinks that just because they are nice to her and respectful of her feelings...it gives her license to trample all over them and show such a chilling, evil cold-heartedness that we dont even see from Savita herself!!! And that too the woman who separated a mother/children for 18 years!

A young, beautiful girl in the hands of 4 goons...that too for a day and overnight is no joke guys.  That is about physical harm to a woman...and you all know what I am talking about...and that is where a line must be drawn.  Ovi's BS regarding this is absolutely intolerable...I dont care how heartbroken you are.  That you would be willing, in fact almost even hoping, to watch another human being endure this is heights...and I think Archu realized this in Ovi...hence the reaction.  She realized what Ovi is capable of...sometimes it is heartbreaking...but mothers do end up realizing things about their children...the negative things...far sooner than others.  And taking her to the hospital and comforting her was just enabling her delusions.  I dont blame Archu for being cold with Ovi now...not at all.
jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good Job, Archana..I am with you in every sentence you said today...!!!
cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Unfortunately, Arjun isn't a toy the girls could share and it is best way forward is for Archana to say she support none as both girls are equal for her and to her even now the truth is Arjun has two timed them, so in her eyes because of this action of Arjun ' he isn't fit to marry either daughters (this is a character statement that isn't proved as of yet ' the challenge has always been a fiasco in my eyes ' it didn't to anything the prove Arjun's character (regarding girls) in Archana's eyes)..

in todays episode something happened , dont remember and dont want to recollect that it was actually discarded that he did something wrong.
something to do with i wasnt succesful in love even after loving each other - vishwas uth gaya tha - arvi ka pyar ni dekh PAI--

W*F happened to someone who had ovi nd purvi in the bush, thats called cheating/two timing. if am in love, i do not forget that am engaged to someone else or vice versa. Arjun is loser no. 1 for me and Archana is Hypocrite no.1
archverma10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nirvanlove

Unfortunately, Arjun isn't a toy the girls could share and it is best way forward is for Archana to say she support none as both girls are equal for her and to her even now the truth is Arjun has two timed them, so in her eyes because of this action of Arjun ' he isn't fit to marry either daughters (this is a character statement that isn't proved as of yet ' the challenge has always been a fiasco in my eyes ' it didn't to anything the prove Arjun's character (regarding girls) in Archana's eyes)..

in todays episode something happened , dont remember and dont want to recollect that it was actually discarded that he did something wrong.
something to do with i wasnt succesful in love even after loving each other - vishwas uth gaya tha - arvi ka pyar ni dekh PAI--

W*F happened to someone who had ovi nd purvi in the bush, thats called cheating/two timing. if am in love, i do not forget that am engaged to someone else or vice versa. Arjun is loser no. 1 for me and Archana is Hypocrite no.1

Yes but he was not 2 timing anyone.  He agreed to commit to Ovi for the sake of her happiness...not his...when he was in Canada...and in fact, made it clear when he refused the first time that he did not love her like that...but only as a friend.
He did not plan on coming to India and falling in love...indeed both these 2 were at such loggerheads initially..the change in Arjun himself was so gradual.  Just like Teju herself said..."we cannot stop ourselves from falling in love with someone...and we cannot stop someone from loving us" When he realized he was in love with Purvi...and was in love for the first time in life period...
he immediately called Ovi to call off their engagement...and tried repeatedly many times after that as well.  He did not want to do something so serious via email...but wanted to at least have an actual phone conversation...in this case via phone considering she was in Canada...to inform her the truth.  As a matter of fact he tried this immediately upon realization of his own feelings...before Purvi even returned them...but solely on the basis of his own feelings he wanted to end it with Ovi...with or without Purvi's love in return.

So where does the 2 timing come into play?? He made a mistake in not going public right away...1) Due to his dad's instructions of not to do anything until he came back, and 2) Ovi's career being put on the line with that lawsuit...this seems to be the major thing...He didnt realize Ovi had risked her career...the one thing she could fall back on...to come to India to marry him.  He thought if he gets her career issues out of the way then she will have something to concentrate on and he can come out and confess the truth.  Which he was ready to do...at which point Purvi stopped him since Teju/Ovi had found out about Archana being their mother.

Ovi has to accept the fact that Arjun does not love her...and he clearly never did...she knows, he knows, entire Deshmukh clan knows that he did agree to marry her because it was what she wanted badly--not him.  As to the engagement...he didnt even know she was in India...he was put on the spot in public...in front of an entire ballroom full of people- family, friends, business associates, etc...and when he tried to rectify the situation...his dad informed him it was not the time or place.  He did, however, immediately afterwards, called DK on the carpet and tell him the truth...which is what he was supposed to do. 

He never loved Ovi...and that is a fact.  There were a bunch of twists and misunderstandings that got thrown in...and I will agree that he made some serious errors in judgement and some of his actions were just dumb.  However, his intentions were never wrong...which means we cannot point the finger at his character for this---period.  When Archana came to realize this...that he had never loved Ovi and loved Purvi all along...she realized the truth and acted accordingly. 

This whole coming between 2 daughters and favoring one kid over the other is ridiculous too.  There is nothing to favor!!! He doesnt love Ovi...he never did...so how can there be a question of favoritism here??? She is not choosing at all...the choice has already been made by the kids themselves.  Ovi is just too delusional to accept this.  You cannot force someone to love you...and Ovi needs to realize this.  Even history has proved this...you can own a person's body...but you can never own their heart and mind...that is their own and belongs to them.  It sucks and stinks that Arjun committed to Ovi though he did not love her...when his priorities and personalities were different...and before he even knew what love really is.  But Ovi knew she was going to get engaged and married to somebody who did not love her...and who even stated that she was not going to be his priority...that he was going to be devoted to his business first and not have any time for her...still she agreed...and so that is her cross.  You cannot backtrack and say he is supposed to love me now just because I bamboozled him into a surprise engagement!!!!!

Again, "God grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change.  Courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference."  For her sake and everyone else's I hope she grows up and moves on soon.
jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
you are on a roll, Archana.!! You go gal !!
archverma10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jdronamraju

you are on a roll, Archana.!! You go gal !!

**grins** thanks Jyothi.  Gotta defend my boy...just like in the good ol' days!
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Sunflower52, I agree that the Deshmukhs are not doing all they should to rid Ovi of her denial where Arjun is concerned. She is a young woman of 19 and should understand a no is a no.

Yes, DK was at fault, Arjun was at fault, but blaming them is not going to do Ovi any good. She was blaming Manav for bringing Purvi to the hospital but the Deshmukhs made a mistake bringing Ovi to the hospital. If my daughter had been jilted by a guy be it her best friend or family friend, as a concerned parent I would have kept her away from the guy at all costs. A parent with sense would have kept her from making a fool of herself by threatening the other girl, beating her to the hospital bed and acting out in front of all. I would have been hurt and embarrassed for my child and would have tried to protect her at all costs. The Deshmukhs instead are mollycoddling her to an extent that she is losing all sense and all perspective of reality. We make all excuses for Ovi but wrong she is at this point (yes Arjun and DK were wrong too) and pussyfooting around this is only going to lead to a major disaster. If she harms Purvi or Arjun physically we might try to find reasons to justify her action but a criminal act would remain a criminal act. In the eyes of the law, a crime is punishable even if the criminal has a valid reason. I only hope Ovi is talking through her hat and that it is an empty threat. Otherwise, we shouldn't hold Ovi solely responsible, her family would be equally at fault for not helping her when she is crying out so obviously and so loudly for help.

I do not understand why some are being blind to the fact that Ovi is completely wrong right now and the Deshmukhs are not helping at all, with their coddling like a 2 year old.

Ovi is a 2 year old throwing a tantrum, so her family would give her what she wants. 

Archana's hands are tied, she can not do anything as she is told by Manav and the co not to interfere. 

I also hope this is an empty threat from Ovi and she will not do anything stupid as harming Purvi.

I read in other post, why should Purvi and Arjun suffer because of Ovi's madness.

naava thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: archverma10

Jhanvi I feel sorry for Ovi too...there is no greater pain on earth than really deeply loving someone and not having them love you back.  Having to watch that same person love someone else is such a blow to your self esteem, self confidence, etc that is it indeed truly horrible.

However, that being said...Ovi is no saint here...and neither are these Deshmukhs.  I agree that Archana's timing was off...but arent you all forgetting something here??? This is the same crazy chic who told her father in the temple, in front of Archana's face, that Purvi's life being in danger wasnt their problem, and that he should not help her! When even her own grandmother, who hates Archana to the core, was able to show basic human decency and compassion...for the life and honor of a young girl...regardless of what her situation is and who she belongs to...Ovi proved herself to be utterly unfeeling...even almost evil if you ask me.  Then on top of that, instead of appreciating the hell Purvi has just been through...(which is ironic because we could actually argue that it all happened because of HER...meaning OVI...since she is the one who was supposed to be kidnapped in the first place)...she proceeds to blast her and say it is her fault!!! I saw the look on Archana's face when Ovi was saying these things...and I dont blame her one bit.
Not one bit.  It was shocked incredulousness...and I dont blame her for thinking Ovi has taken things far enough.  No amount of sensitivity, compassion, and care is working with Ovi...you give an inch she takes the whole yard...so it is indeed time for some tough love.

Archu was off in her timing thats true...and I will agree for that...but not at all in her final stance. Not one bit.  Ovi after all did not appreciate Archana's initial apprehension to Arjun, her challenge, or the fact that she herself was not ready to accept Purvi/Arjun...and had to watch Purvi's hurt eyes every time she visitd K house and Sulo...did Ovi appreciate it then?? Did Ovi have any decent thoughts for Archana then?? Did any of those idiot Deshmukhs?

Why then are we so hell bent on feeling sorry for Ovi? The sooner the girl gets over her delusion the better.  Why keep with a method that obviously doesnt work? Being nice to Ovi...especially in regards to Archana...doesnt work...because the girl doesnt get it.  She thinks that just because they are nice to her and respectful of her feelings...it gives her license to trample all over them and show such a chilling, evil cold-heartedness that we dont even see from Savita herself!!! And that too the woman who separated a mother/children for 18 years!

A young, beautiful girl in the hands of 4 goons...that too for a day and overnight is no joke guys.  That is about physical harm to a woman...and you all know what I am talking about...and that is where a line must be drawn.  Ovi's BS regarding this is absolutely intolerable...I dont care how heartbroken you are.  That you would be willing, in fact almost even hoping, to watch another human being endure this is heights...and I think Archu realized this in Ovi...hence the reaction.  She realized what Ovi is capable of...sometimes it is heartbreaking...but mothers do end up realizing things about their children...the negative things...far sooner than others.  And taking her to the hospital and comforting her was just enabling her delusions.  I dont blame Archu for being cold with Ovi now...not at all.

Archana...a nice post.. everything you wrote is so true. For a while i felt Ovi would be helped by Arjun sitting down with her as her "best friend" ..but she has crossed too many lines and her family is aiding and abetting it. 

I think that Archana showed today she is the best mother this child Ovi could ever ever have.  This idea that she can't speak to her daughter is utter nonsense.  And today Archana, regardless of the cost to her personally, spoke the truth to Ovi.  And sh'es the only one who did.  Only a mother can stand in the face of anger and speak the truth when your child is acting totally off the wall.  Only a mother who truly loves her child can stand firm no matter how much your heart breaks for that child.  We can question the timing but Archana had to do it this way. Ovi nor Manav would never let her close enough to actually hug her and comfort her...from the beginning this is true  Archana has been blocked by almost everyone in being able to give expression of her love to her children. Because she really loves Ovi and Teju . The other day when Ovi was crying so hard, Archana started to go to her 2 or 3 times then looked at manav and checked herself...because Ovi wouldn't accept it.  It has been said she didn't care about Ovi's pain, and that is the oppositie of the facts that were shown.  The only way now she can show that love is to speak the truth regardless of the cost.  I am hoping it will shock Ovi into realization that her mother's tough love is the real love she's been looking for. 

Maybe it will shock us all and maybe it will be Ovi that comes forward and says...'my mother is right"

tanzeb thumbnail

Originally posted by: archverma10

FANTASTIC ANALYSIS!  
I am befuddled by people who defend such a selfish,  demanding person like OVI who has absolutely no empathy for anyone.
Do they see themselves in her possibly?

Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well well well Savita was so right today when she said what Archu is "An emotional fool" for coming and telling everyone about Arvi at not the perfect time in the world..Guess Archu's timing aspect has never been on the mark so cant expect that..Her intentions where right but it ended up making matters as usual worse for her.
"Aa bhel mujhe kaa" was too good...Usha ji always portrays the humor in her own style...
But Savita was so bang on ,damn Archu is such a emotional fool...feel so bad for her..
Manav nodding head was not in Ovi's approval..Its mere reaction of any father when he is stunned and clueless on how to rectify his daughter who is on stage of going mad very soon..He was trying to pacify her..In short he is totally clueless on what to be done about Ovi..He does not approve Ovi's wish of Arjun as he knows Arjun-Purvi love each other but at the same is not able to approve Arvi thanks to the MU.
So totally stuck..DK n Arvi talk with Manav is high priority now. I think without them talking ,Manav is not going to able to come to any conclusion and is going to be stuck..Once he gets his mind clear on this side,he will be clear on what to do for sure with Ovi..Manav needs to know the truth..Someone has to open it to Manav...
Arjun - Archu convo was very good n emotional and Archu - purvi hug was very emotional and good.Archu cleared the facts with Arjun on why she kept the challenge..
I felt really bad for Archu when she pleaded to Arjun that "main waise nahin hoon"..Its a resign to a fate that no one trusts her and likes her and a plead to Arjun to trust her at least..Really sad sad days for Archu ,the way she poured out to Sulo...Well feel so so bad for Archu..

Damn I so fed up with this non-sense Archu is going through...I just want the divorce track coming up now..No matter there is only and only person in the world who can bring back Archu's happiness and that one person is Manav. I just want Archu to see her smile again..Damn Arman have lost everything and nothing to smile in spite of having everything .
I so want now Arman get together for Ovi's sake.
Ovi needs her Aai and its a fact..Somehow if Archu gets to be with her ,without any disturbance things will turn around..Damn this divorce track is going to be hard to watch for sure..Feel really so bad for Arman here...Hope this divorce track plays good for them..

PS : I also want Arvi to see the pain of Archu and her support now..She is going through a lot now and the best they can do is talk with Manav and let me know the facts..
Edited by Jaishankar - 11 years ago