Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SiasCreations thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
It's okay to love Sanaya and Barun, it's okay to love IPKKND. But when it comes to such a point that you're starting to see things that aren't there (reference to the countless amount of times I've read comments saying that SaRun must be a real-life couple) it's worrying. I love the show, and it's become routine for me to watch it every day. & I do often revisit past scenes. But never will I say that this show is my life, that Sanaya and Barun are perfect because it's just not true!
I admit, I often write justifications for certain tracks going wrong, but that's because I want all the bashing to stop and for peace to be restored. I'll never say that I loved every single episode - the entire Swami track made me cringe & even temporarily lose interest in the show.
Fanatics are the people who start sending death threats or hate mail to the actors. Lines between reel and real are so blurred right now, it's ridiculous.
I know this comment doesn't flow very well & I may be making no sense whatsoever, but it is nearly 2am here! No offence intended to anyone.
ra123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

You can expect to find a fair share of both species on any open forum. I want a venn diagram for this, cos there are Fans who at times lose it and crossover. And Fanatics who inspite of their extreme obsessions, will never cross the line. But I do believe that for every extremist, there's atleast 25 good humored fans which make the forum such a pleasurable passtime. Filter the ones that you don't agree with, cos after all every one has a right to opinion and whether they chose to use it or abuse its still is their volition.
To each his own and in Lennon's words: Let it be

p.s. I keep reading about personal attacks, I havent faced it myself so my 2 cents maybe hypothetical but nonetheless - I really have nothing to say to the attackers, but to the attackee - please ignore those, they are soo not worth it. Cos the moron exists to glorify the intellect and as per the law of equilibrium they have to coexist.
Emerald- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Updated on page 2!

I don't know if this related to your thread but it's pretty worrying. Well some IF members are very young (the youngest is probably 11-12 years old). The amount of time they spend on IF and their obsession with IPK isn't good at all.
rainaM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yet another thought provoking thread from RC. Gosh girl, you're on the roll! 

Anyways, I've never ever commented on a  post saying "much needed".Never really felt the urge to, But I'm gonna change my ways and finally say it  , that too with Caps lock!
THIS POST WAS MUCH NEEDED. (You know what ,I'm even gonna bold it)
I really need to know what a "Fan" is just like i need to know who a "basher" is. Because I'm getting quite a befuddled idea by just  wandering about IF.

So If I am not mistaken, A fan is someone who blindly appreciates everything shown to them. Mere logic is not suppose to play any role in their judgement.  If you're a fan,You drool over ASR & think Barun is a "FLAWLESS" actor and You drool over Sanaya & annoucnce that she's the goddess of perfection with no margin for improvement. 
A fan= a drooling machine.
You drool, you drool and you drool a little more. Oh, did i mention you drool?

Though any sign of reluctance in your drooling sermons automatically  makes you , what they call a basher. SMH #peoplethesedays.

Whereas Fanatics are just the good people :D They're saints. #'nuffsaid.

Edited by dmgloverforever - 11 years ago
boyznaka thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This is a fanatic--
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc[/YOUTUBE]

And these are kids more intelligent than them--
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKgYl2Jwkh4[/YOUTUBE]

Fans are people if not more, then just as sensible as these kids.
neverbefore thumbnail
Fans and fanatics are human beings, people with feelings, thoughts and a life.  In my view, whether they are a fan or a fanatic entirely depends on those very same feelings, thoughts and life.  A fan has a more rounded view whereas a fan has a blinkered, focused view.  

What makes them that way?  I may be simplifying it a bit when I say, their sense of self and their life makes them that way.  For me, a fanatic is seriously compensating...something is missing so drastically from their sense of self, from their lives that they latch onto whatever makes them feel better and makes them feel like they have a life.  

If those of us that call ourselves fans can be so deeply impacted by IPK, the fanatics don't stand a chance do they?  

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: neverbefore

Fans and fanatics are human beings, people with feelings, thoughts and a life. In my view, whether they are a fan or a fanatic entirely depends on those very same feelings, thoughts and life. A fan has a more rounded view whereas a fan has a blinkered, focused view.

What makes them that way? I may be simplifying it a bit when I say, their sense of self and their life makes them that way. For me, a fanatic is seriously compensating...something is missing so drastically from their sense of self, from their lives that they latch onto whatever makes them feel better and makes them feel like they have a life.

If those of us that call ourselves fans can be so deeply impacted by IPK, the fanatics don't stand a chance do they?

Ha! True that. My room mate is this close to declaring me insane for spending the better part of my evenings on this forum. I guess the question is to declare the *more* insane. But hey who am I to judge, I am crazy enough to make this post. ๐Ÿ˜†
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Fan Fantic..depends on perspective and time does it not...

there would have been a time  in a not so distant past...where i would say watching a telly show tat too online and then logging on to a forum to argue the toss and take it apart.. for hours on end...was fanatical..that too...a show that is ermmm leaves alot to be desired...

but here I am and now such judgements would be self defecating would it not...

its a whole different world out here and folks from diff walks of life..and at diff stages...so to be judging someone...very young who goes all scream when a more than average looking man is given a very manly aura...or a person who sees virtues that are not visible to  my eye would make me less than the person i aim to be...

so yes while i dont understand the gushing or the OMG's...and have never beeen one to fall over myself over someone i very hightly regard or am taken with even in my teen years...i am learning to be tolerant and not brand anyone by my perceptions of thier behaviour...
neverbefore thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rockerchic

Ha! True that. My room mate is this close to declaring me insane for spending the better part of my evenings on this forum. I guess the question is to declare the *more* insane. But hey who am I to judge, I am crazy enough to make this post. ๐Ÿ˜†

One man's crazy is another man's brave!!!!  ๐Ÿ˜†  

I rue the day I came across IPK...I always knew I had obsessive tendencies but I thought they were limited to food and drink!!  ๐Ÿ˜ณ

There seems to be an move to rebel against the crazies on this Forum at the moment...have you seen Napstermonster's post?    

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3131740

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: arisai

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">-edited-</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Okay so here's my casual two pence (I am aware the correct term is cents, however, since Team GB finally decided to ARRIVE over the past few days, my pride as a Brit is overflowing๐Ÿ˜†).</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fan of the show appreciates when it's good and hopes for it when it's bad. They acknowledge that it will go through ups and downs but that ultimately, it's only as good as the people working on it and that sometimes- those people get it wrong. They then either persist and pray... or they move on. I am of the 'persist and persevere like a moron' type as I am currently on my Summer Holiday, whereas my parents, both too busy with their jobs and lives in general for this nonsense on TV and cba to watch it online, now have stopped watching it entirely and are currently in love with Pyaar Ka Dard.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fanatic of the show refuses to accept the show could ever do ANYTHING wrong and will tell anyone who dares to point out any flaws to 'G0 2 hel u bahs3rr! if u dnt lyk, n01 wntz u 2 wotch!"</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fan of Barun and Sanaya knows they're good actors but accepts they have their strengths and weaknesses. Appreciates that they're attractive but doesn't want to murder anyone of the opposite gender who goes within three feet of them. Enjoys watching their chemistry on screen but doesn't start a ridiculous petition that they break off from their current partners and hook up with each other. And also admits that some of their original chemistry is missing at the minute- whether this is due to the 180 of both their characters or their becoming a little TOO comfortable with each other, I'm not sure.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">A fanatic? Well dear rockerchic, open pretty much any post on the forum with the word 'Barun' + a typo (and if it also contains the word GUTTER? Well then you've hit the JACKPOT.) and welcome to the Shrine of Sobti.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Err, that's all I have right now.</font>

Arisai Im lab UR responses lyk tots. UR humor gets me high. OMFGgg I heartzz you.

No really I do.

I have been (un)fortunate enough to stumble across, lets just say, some of the very *colorful* and deep rooted posts. They gave me great insight on how exactly online forums can go horribly wrong.

Alas I too am a part of this online forum, thus rendering my argument moot. Sob. (as in the action of crying, not part of Barun's name. Just saying. )