Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kitty25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I understand what you are saying...iam just a fan of few SP serials...but when i visit other serial's FM its so lifeless...so that means that our fan's reaction even when they cross the limit atleast we get a little bit satisfaction... its better than inactive FM..πŸ˜†
SizzlingPaRud- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wish i could take the names of the fanatics in this forum πŸ˜† 
great post.
tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am pretty obsessed with IPKKND and IF.  I spend a lot of time on IF - don't really have the time to rewatch the epis over and over again on the family big-screen.

I think fanaticism is when a TM cannot stand even  the slightest (imagined or otherwise) remark against one of the actors they like. I have seen several immature arguments about - why did you praise so and so, what about so and so.
sweet_ipsi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fanatics in any arena whether its religion,culture or entertainment r a cause of concern because they cant tolerate somebody else going against their opinion...There r lots of ppl over here who fail to distinguish b/w fiction & reality...they believe that thr opinion is the ultimate one & they have the right to abuse anyone who disagrees wid them...this forum is meant for discussion but unfortunately most of them end up being battle fields...discussing the characters or the show is wat ppl should do but some ppl tend to focus more on their personal lives...infact most of the times any criticism of the character is misconstrued as bashing the actor ...which is really sad...one thing dat irritates me a lot is when some people feel dat they have a right over their favorite actors lives...discussing their personal lives,bashing their real life partners,bashing their co-stars for whatsoever reason they can think of...
Neha435 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Forgot to mention, this is a good topic😊

To be a fan, you watch the show and express how lovely episode was, and how good the actors are, or you say this is totally rubbish losing chemistry think i'll stick around until I find something else interesting (like I am doing right now lol)

but a fanatic to me is who emails CONSTANTLY the makers of the show, bashes actors, tries to find a million contacts to see how the show is coming and what they can do to make their actors or favourites stay on the top and send hate emails, think that the actors are their lives and spend almost every second drooling and looking at every detail of the actor's body (which makes me awkward).

Frankly, I think its nice to discuss the show and analysis some symbolic scenes, but people go into sooo much detail and arguements you then think is it worth it?

I love it on this forum when people make funny posts, like the one with Arnav's expression staying the same when he came back to RM after his kidnapping, but I feel very awkward when I read people analyzing every part of his body, and then going overboard with every hot scene, regardless of whether its existence makes sense or notπŸ˜• Its like people want po*n rather then a drama show

But that is me I guess, I've never had a crush on actors only thought okay they're good looking, its weird to see how people are talking about how they would like a husband like Barun, but you've not met the dude and its his character that drives us not the man himself. I just dont understand how one can fall in love with a actor, I can understand character, but anyways, I am confused on this part so let it be lol
Edited by ArnaavKhushi22 - 11 years ago
moonlight99 thumbnail
Love your topic and looking forward to the answers to this discussion

Some members of this forum tend to take the show way too seriously and take it to themselves to defend and bash actors who will never know about the World War that goes on here.

Some overzealous fans are those who over analyze the SBS/SBB for hand gestures and eye movement  between the lead actors...This always makes me squirm because it kind of feels weird to watch every gesture and then make posts about how "adorable" or "immoral" the gesture was.  

Secondly, the fanatics of one lead actor or actress will put down the other lead in order to prove how good the favored lead is in acting. The inability to praise someone without putting down another is just a sign of immaturity because there is no need for comparison at all. 

I read a post by someone that they had declined a marriage proposal because she thinks Barun is perfect and the person she was supposed to marry wasn't like Barun even though he was a successful engineer. πŸ˜•
This screams fanaticism because I understand an attraction to the lead but I don't understand why you would judge all men by comparing to a man who you only see a few minutes of in interviews. What you see in an interview and what a person is like in real life are two different things and some of the members really need to get that right.
And finally, the line between Real and Reel are crossed so much that I am left wondering if I am normal or not.  Barun Sobti and ASR are sometimes taken as the same person and this is really skewing some members perception of reality. They are not the same person! 

Disclaimer: 
I ,hereby, proclaim that I love Barun Sobti and this is not a bashing post!
bhangan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Fan - a + u = FUN

Fanatic - Fa + Lu = LUNATIC

Problem solved πŸ˜†
Jammy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Res -
To be edited tomorrow! :)
Its a great post and lovely responses!

Edit-

People go way over the line with their feelings for this show! Sending hate mails for merely sharing their opinions here on the forum is something that I've been seeing lately here. These people are Fanatics. There is a very thing between reel and real and if you tend to mix them up, crazies take over!

Bashing Sana for saying Karan is cute, hate mails to Daljeet, hate mails to shehnaz( though I think it was merely an act for attention ) but if thats to be believed then this is immature, just cause Barun wasnt in a celebration pic -there was twitter war raging literally!!

One cannot afford to hurt REAL people over fiction. Thats just not done!! These actors are real people just doing their job! If you dont like something put it in a way that it gets through without hurting someone!

Poor Sana, had to hear things like she wasnt brought up well- that was THE limit !! You cannot make such comments for any human being yaar!! I wonder how can people stoop so low- its unbelievable!
Edited by Jameelah52 - 11 years ago
kash4life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I think the crazy detrimental fanatics are the ones that
  1. send hate mails to Daljeet because of Anjali
  2. The ones who want SaRun to end up together in real life...W*F is that about?
  3. The ones who send hate tweets to the actors of twitter because they happened to be hugging Sanaya or Barun is missing from a picture
  4. The ones who send hate PMs to the members if they don't agree with their opinions
  5. The ones to get personal with a member for the sake of SaRun
  6. I'm really sorry to say this line...but the ones who let IPKKND affect their marriage...Don't get it...craziness
  7. The ones who bash Pashmeen or Mohit

I'm a HUGEEE fan, and ofcourse I am a fanatic BUT would never intentionally hurt a REAL person for a REEL character...that is insane.

But having said that anyone who watches YT vidoes 24/7 and is on IF 24/7 is a fanatic. Every person on this forum is a fanatic because at the end of the day so many people make up posts either praising the show, bashing the show, saracasm on each episode...NO person who is JUST a fan would spend most of their life discussing a TV show. Even if it is bashing it or sarcasm. We are all fanatics.

EVERY single person who comes on IF everyday is a fanatic no matter how much we try to deny it. Even the people who think that they are cool enough and only watch the show cos they have 'nothing better to do' and think it's crap anyway. All of us we're crossed that line between fan and fanatic. We are all obsessed. totally.

But their are different types and levels ...their are certain people who fall into the categories above I think take the fanatism in an extreme manner.

.Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: bhangan

Fan - a + u = FUN

Fanatic - Fa + Lu = LUNATIC

Problem solved πŸ˜†

🀣  Kya bhangu? serious debate mein bhi jokes πŸ˜†

...updated page 2

Edited by .Euphoria. - 11 years ago