Understanding The Craze - A debate

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

My standard disclaimer applies- I am no hater, just a girl with too much time on her hands.

There is a fine line between being a fan and being a fanatic. The former is a form of appriciation while the latter borders on crazy.

The line often seems to blur on this forum. People making personal attacks for the sake of actors who in no shape or form will ever know of your existance seems to be an everyday thing here.

Idol worship seems to be a trend among people these days. This is actually very disturbing. Where is the individuality? Why place anyone on a pedastal?

Another thing is that appriciating a work of art , say how good the acting/episode was, is a harmless and something everyone does. But to barge in on actors' personal life, insulting people for the sake of the said actors and the like is going too far from being a 'fan'.

I am a huge IPK fan. So much so that my room mate often tells me in kind words that i am a 'lifeless loser'. In a way i guess i am. Spending an abnormally long time watching old scenes on youtube and coming on IF etc.

The question is when does fan become fanatic for you? Which is alright and which is crazy?

Fold your sleeves up, open your minds and lets debate.

~Rockerchic.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Decent6Chori thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
*sigh* RC, this forum is infested with those who will cross that fine line 🤢
Many here are fanatics. They will blindly worship the actors, defend the characters when they r not to be defended, and it's actually quite amusing to c the level of their craze.

Fanatics are irritating. You can't say anything against their idols without being jumped on. They will take it as a personal attack and make harsh comments as if you have committed a crime. Sad people.

Btw, is this post because of the "SI is a flawless actress" one, which was because of your "Sanaya the actress, a debate" one?
😆

Edited by Double007 - 11 years ago
arisai thumbnail
-edited-

Okay so here's my casual two pence (I am aware the correct term is cents, however, since Team GB finally decided to ARRIVE over the past few days, my pride as a Brit is overflowing ðŸ˜†). 

A fan of the show appreciates when it's good and hopes for it when it's bad. They acknowledge that it will go through ups and downs but that ultimately, it's only as good as the people working on it and that sometimes- those people get it wrong. They then either persist and pray... or they move on. I am of the 'persist and persevere like a moron' type as I am currently on my Summer Holiday, whereas my parents, both too busy with their jobs and lives in general for this nonsense on TV and cba to watch it online, now have stopped watching it entirely and are currently in love with Pyaar Ka Dard. 

A fanatic of the show refuses to accept the show could ever do ANYTHING wrong and will tell anyone who dares to point out any flaws to 'G0 2 hel u bahs3rr! if u dnt lyk, n01 wntz u 2 wotch!" 

A fan of Barun and Sanaya knows they're good actors but accepts they have their strengths and weaknesses. Appreciates that they're attractive but doesn't want to murder anyone of the opposite gender who goes within three feet of them. Enjoys watching their chemistry on screen but doesn't start a ridiculous petition that they break off from their current partners and hook up with each other. And also admits that some of their original chemistry is missing at the minute- whether this is due to the 180 of both their characters or their becoming a little TOO comfortable with each other, I'm not sure.

A fanatic? Well dear rockerchic, open pretty much any post on the forum with the word 'Barun' + a typo (and if it also contains the word GUTTER? Well then you've hit the JACKPOT.) and welcome to the Shrine of Sobti. 

Err, that's all I have right now.
Edited by arisai - 11 years ago
Mountainbreeze7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
After seeing and reading a lot...The one video where this woman comes up to Sanaya, and says : "I love you more than my husband and children"...Is where I started to believe that troubled souls roam this earth.
MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Edit 06.08.12

There is crazy, border-line crazy and then there is downright insane.

I understood what the latter 2 meant, when I came here.

Arisai here has explained the differences between a fan and a fanatic so I am not going to touch on that, just that I agree with what she said.

Most of us here are crazy, because well no one can deny watching Ar-Hi repeats.

Border line crazy is when you find there can be nothing wrong with the show ever, it's perfect, positive and everything is magical, unicorns exist, world is made of candies and  Arnav And Khushi never hurt each other, everything is love.

Downright insane - (because I am incorrigible)

Knock Knock
who's there?
Bhakt
Bhakt who?
ASR ki Bhakt

Knock Knock
who's there?
Ghanta
Ghanta who?
ASR ke mandir ka ghanta

Knock Knock
who's there?
Chappal
Chappal who?
ASR ke mandir mein no chappals pleej!

I am crazy and I know it
Just like BS ans SI are Sexy and IF knows it.
Manorama is Sexy and only she knows it.

And with this I am going to write a disclaimer because well how can I not,

PS: The above statement defines reality and reality bites. Resemblance to characters living, dead or made up in the head is purely intentional and offence should be taken, but nothing should be done about it, because I am a sorry ass.
Edited by MentalExotica - 11 years ago
.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice post,
Fanatics are ''okay'' for me as long as they dont personally attack members taking ID names..Its hell annoying and immature when they do that ! I have seen thousand  of ''stop criticising '' posts in this forum and its disturbing..They think XYZ is flawless..Fine..But that doesnt mean everyone will think the same..If you ask me then I think NOONE in this world is flawless..The worst I have seen is people discussing in a particular thread that how members criticising their favourite celeb should be banned 🤣..I think these members who personally attack should be banned first 😆..Its both ridiculous and hilarious..They can worship/defend or do anything their heart wishes but they cant force others to do the same 🥱..
Edited by barunroxx7 - 11 years ago
adev thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't want to say anything and rub people the wrong way, but there a few things that bother me with the way some "fans" behave on this forum. For the most part, it's harmless obsession. I think a lot of people go through this phase and even I did. People generally phase out of it, but there are some that get really possessive and aggressive about the actors and the show.
.x-bumblebee-x. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
A fan is when they can established the difference between REAL and REEL and can criticise about the show or actors and ofcourse like/love the show..

A fanatic Can not .. they believe that their off-screen persona is the same as what they are shown on telly and believe ASR is real and KHUSHI is real..and can not find any faults!! Or if they start stalking or attacking if they work/talk with other people..And attack other people if one claims to love more than the other and actually start praying to them..

Reminds me of friends when joey had a stalked and believed he was a doctor when he was just an actor..aha..

Sorry if this makes no sense..:) good topic!!

Edited by .._sonii_.. - 11 years ago
Emerald- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Girl, I love your threads and keep posting!

You know what? It doesn't matter if you are a fan or fanatic, we must understand the priorities in our lives and keep everything under control and stay within our limits. Hurting and abusing people just because of a fictional character is just out of order and very disturbing. We must learn how to respect other opinions even if you disagree with them! It is upsetting how some members cannot even take a little bit of criticism against the show or characters and they just have a go at you. Well hmm they need to get a LIFE, that's all I can say tbh.

Great response, loved reading all them. :)

Edited by zeeba* - 11 years ago
.Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Ahhh the age old debate about fans and fanatics...I like it!

Well first things first, anyone who had enough spare time to google IPK, find a forum full of other people around the world in the same boat as them, sign up and become a member to take part in discussions is a fan...i.e. every single one of us here.

We all have some sort of attachment to the show, either because of the interesting storyline, the PH's previous serials or because they are ardent fans of the actors, which is fair enough..whatever floats your boat. But fans are those who can hold their hands up and admit when the storyline is weak, perhaps the PH isn't up to it's usual standard or heck even the actors themselves are lacking in some area, and either hope for the best or leave and find another show.

Fanatics are those who refuse to see anything wrong with anything related to the show, and instead of making valid counter-arguments start spewing a whole load of crazy. My personal favourite is when members begin personal jibes on other members and their views just to protect the honour of actors who have no idea they even exist. Strange, but true.

70% of the time I'm here purely to have fun and discuss IPK, 30% of the time it's for these fanatics. Let's face it. Sometimes they can give us more entertainment than an IPK episode.

Edited by .Euphoria. - 11 years ago