Satyamev Jayate Last Episode Discussion

Strawbella thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I am sad that the most wonderful show on tv ended. Yet it has bought wonderful impact. I must say today episode was perfect ending. This episode showed the efforts of a single persons effort turned into society. The highlight was the effort of 60+ Old(young) man to break the hill and make a path. Satyendra Dubey brutal death. The mafia gang crimes. Good that they kept opened their activities till august end. 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
I am sad that this show ended. Regardless of debates around it, this show was a meaningful effort and a clutterbreaker in the truest sense! 

The thought behind today's episode was really good but somehow it looked slightly mixed up. While I understand what they were trying to do - highlight the goals of our leaders as affirmed in the Constitution of India and shining examples of common citizens working towards those goals...I still think if they had done an episode on impact and responses of previous episodes of the show then it would have been better perhaps...😕

Today's episode was undoubtedly among the most inspirational ones ever - not just in this show but in all stuff I saw on TV!

That man who cut a path in a mountain all by himself, at his age...WOW!!!👏 The woman who started the org for trafficked females...I was shocked to learn she herself was gang raped by 8 men at the tender age of 16! Just how did she manage to pick herself up and get the courage to not only rebuild her own life but also work to save women like herself?

All examples simply outstanding! 

Today's episode reminded me of my own goals which I had abandoned due to others at some point...it just shook me up and made me wonder why had I been so weak!😡

I have always thought of doing something for certain issues I feel strongly about...but never started my own grassroot effort for it...today's episode not only made me think about the ideals I had for contributing to society, but also my personal goals. It made me rethink and examine my own life! Our lives are seriously useless if we fritter them away out of fear or plain lethargy!

I felt small in front of all those people featured on the show...small at the contrast between what I ended up being and what I had ideally wanted to be myself! Seriously, I was thinking there's no point of my life if I am merely completing my studies or barely completing everyday struggles of life - but doing nothing more meaningful! 

I am going to revisit all episodes of Satyamev Jayate - particularly the last one and one about disability and senior citizens from time to time to remind myself there's more to life than just everyday struggles!

Team Aamir and team Satyamev Jayate, team STAR Plus...it was a great show!
atominis thumbnail
On a purely judgemental level towards the episode - I felt AK's reading of Preamble and Tagore's poem at the end were slightly boring and seemed like a school/college classroom thingie. The intention was good but a creative master like Aamir, who has integrated serious issues in films and social campaigns so well in past should have found a better and more interesting way to integrate poem and Preamble in the show, rather than narrating them like a teacher. 

And I don't know if it's nitpicking...but I felt odd that donations for this episode would only go to one NGO out of all the NGOs and people featured on the episode! Isn't it odd to pick out only one org for donations and leave others?

Overall, I respect Aamir Khan and his team with Satyajit Bhatkal and Co. for making this noble effort. They've done their bit to raise awareness, highlight NGOs, social workers, activists and raise donations for the causes, start debate and even met PM and other politicians calling for action on pressing issues.

Now it's turn of the people to take such shows and causes forward!

I wish SMJ had continued for more months or better still, we should have had more such shows on MAINSTREAM channels on a daily basis. News channels do have shows like Zindagi Live, but their reach is not as much as a show telecast on a GEC like STAR or Sony. 

I mean we need to be bombarded with meaningful shows like Satyamev Jayate more than any regular love story or saas bahu or song-dance saga. 

Prabhnoor thumbnail
A perfect end to a perfect show👏
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Today's episode was undoubtedly d BEST .. A perfect ending of Season 1.. each n every story made me cry n left a gr8 impact on me

It swhowed if there is will der is a way..

I was questioning myself n feeling that I have done nothing just nothing for my country n I was remembered d lnes from RDB.. "Kuch to karna padhega Hum sabko kuch karna padhega" 

Its true our population is our weakness but we can make it our strength .. if every single person do something little it will be BIG too big that our country will achieve NO 1 position in world 

I loved d end of d show.. AAMIR's recitation of Rabindranath Thakur (Tagore in English)'s poem .. where d mind is without fear .. have read ds poem in English n Bengali for so many times but today only I realized true meaning of this poem.. many may notknow but AAMIR recited this poem when he came here in Kolkata .. it's his fav poem which motivate him most he said to the reporter

n the song Nikal Padho re... so apt so beautifull. d "Bayul" music with beautiful lyric  ... loved it

the only thing I dislike about today's epi is at d begining when AAMIR took names of gr8 men he took some names who is not out of all argument n skipped true patriots like Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and Bhagat Sing .. he sud be careful of it from the next sn

anyway this is not d end but the beginning .. SATYAMEV JAYATE
Edited by sayaneegupta - 11 years ago