Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AY_candy_luver thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Thanks for your take on my story. Its always interesting seeing people interpret things I've written….Haha, u can imagine siya as Shreya if you want, I dont have a problem with that at all. But my story is called life ke side effects, not love😛 Just sayin…you know?
sultanahabeeb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hi dear 
very nice up but that bet is very bad,aryan has to date tammy for 2weeks nd a kiss(rubbish). may be they'l fall in love in this 2 weeks
thank u for pm 
love u nd ur ff
AY_candy_luver thumbnail

Originally posted by: sultanahabeeb

hi dear 

very nice up but that bet is very bad,aryan has to date tammy for 2weeks nd a kiss(rubbish). may be they'l fall in love in this 2 weeks
thank u for pm 
love u nd ur ff

Well you'll have to wait and see ;) 
Thanks I'm glad you liked it :)
AY_candy_luver thumbnail
I apologize for the delay. School is just…UGH!
Anyway, here is the sixth chapter. Hope y'all enjoy it :)

An out of the ordinary day

Aryan Bedi banged the car door right into his brother's disorientated face, muttering nonsensical words in an ominous tone. As Dhruv reached for it, his dad placed a strong hand on his shoulder. He didn't turn around, scared that the bitter disappointment on his face would be clear as day. 

Dhruv: Ji papa?
Mr. Bedi: (Emotionless) Remind your brother of our conversation this morning.

Sighing, Dhruv obediently nodded, making a mental note to absolutely not remind Aryan of conversation. He knew too well, an angered lion needed reassurance, not something to fuel his anger.  He sat in place for approximately five seconds, then hastily made his exit from the car, unwilling to stay in the company of his father any longer.

The car zoomed across the driveway, and onto the road, as Dhruv ran up to catch his brother. Aryan was moodily stalking to the school building, gripping his guitar tightly in one hand, and his schoolbag in the other. Taking a deep breath, Dhruv playfully slapped his brother on the back, planting the big, bright smile on his face. 

Aryan looked back, staring at his brother's big, black eyes, filled with understanding. 

Dhruv: Aryan, papa is sorry for what he said today.

Aryan shrugged off his hand, scowling. The warmth he had been feeling only a few seconds ago vanished rapidly. Dhruv always the goody two shoes, the string that tied their family together. 

Aryan: No he didn't. Stop trying to jump into damage control mode.
Dhruv: Aryan, I'm serious! He really-
Aryan: Dhruv, shut up! And stop trying to make dad look like an angel.

Aryan resumed his fast paced walk into the school building as Dhruv desperately tried to get his attention.

Dhruv: Aryan! He only wants the best for you!

Snorting in contempt, Aryan kicked open the front door, stomping in. Sighing helplessly, Dhruv trudged in behind his brother. There was a lot of work to be done before the end of the day. 
—— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——
Smita: Ok guys. Before you go, I have a project for all of you!

The class groaned unanimously, each face marked with an expression of misery, melancholy or distress. 

Smita: Hey! It's gonna be fun! I promise!

Tammy's eyebrows perked up at the word 'fun'. In her past experiences, Tammy had realized that the music teacher's definition of fun, and hers were miles apart.

Smita: It's simple…all you have to do is pick a song, and you can sing it, play it on the piano, guitar or any other instrument.

A handful of faces in the class brightened up in the classroom, including Aryan's, who was clutching a big black bag very possessively. Most people knew it was his guitar, and the others just guessed.

Smita: And you have until the end of this semester for this project.

The bell pierced through the classroom, and the kids clamored near the exit, waiting desperately to be let go. 

As Tammy and Aryan followed the slow procession, Smita called out their names. Unsurprised, the two nonchalantly walked up to her oak desk, which they had become a little too familiar with.

She beamed at her favorite student, and his soon to be pupil. 

Smita: So, today is the first day of your tutoring…aren't you excited?

The two muttered something incoherent, their expressions perfectly portraying misery and unhappiness. Smita was surprised to see Aryan's melancholy frame, but brushed it aside to focus on the main task.

Smita: Ok…well…you two will meet here every Friday after school, and don't try to bunk this, because I have a camera (points to a tiny thing with a tinier lens) and I will be checking on you two from time to time.

Tammy muttered darkly, unhappy to be chucking her master bunking plan. Smita cleared her throat, catching the attention of her two students, who were looking anywhere but at each other.

Smita: Well…you can go.

Nodding their heads, they picked their bags, and exited, believe it or not…together

Tammy: Bloody sadist! If I don't make a Chinese dish out of her soon, I swear I will-

She glanced at Aryan, surprised that he hadn't interrupted her, or shared some wisdom with her.

Tammy: Hey Casanova,  has your dog died?

Aryan glanced at her, his brows furrowed, a completely lost expression on his face. He tried to grasp the meaning of her words, and the way she rolled her eyes.

Tammy: Earth to fake heman! Hello!
Aryan: (Snapping back) What's your problem? 
Tammy: My problem is that today…you're not acting normal. Na hi tumne mujhse argue kiya…na hi koi Gandhigiri spread ki…what's up?
Aryan: I believe that's only my business.
Tammy: No. It's concerning me. If you have a new plan to become friends with me, warn me ahead of time.

Aryan stopped abruptly, glaring at Tammy with big, red eyes. She failed to notice the tear tracks on his cheeks, as she, in turn, was boiling up a volcano of anger.

Aryan: Listen you brainless cupcake, not everything in the world concerns you. 
Tammy: The past few weeks, everything YOU have done has concerned me.
Aryan: Look, I'm not in the mood to argue with you wacko so-
Tammy: Well, I am. You know, jab tak tumhe insult na karoon, my day feels…(sighing, dramatically) incomplete

Aryan walked away, muttering enigmatically under his breath. If only he could get some tape to shut the artistic freak's loud mouth…

Tammy: (Offended) HEY! Don't walk away from me!!
Aryan: (Shouting over his shoulder) Stop following me and get lost!

As he disappeared around the corner, Tammy slung her bag over her shoulder, an expression of perplexity on her face.

"What's wrong with the reincarnation of  John Lenon."
—— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— —— ——— ———— ——— ——— ———
Dhruv: Aryan! Will you just listen to me?!

His brother turned to face him, a bitter laugh emanating from his dry, unsmily lips. 

Aryan: Why Dhruv? Taki tum dad ki tareefon ka pul banayo? I have much better crap to listen to.

Dhruv sighed, running a hand through his sweaty yet soft hair. 

Dhruv: Why can't  you understand. He's our dad.

Aryan shook his head, his face expressionless, as he tried to explain the situation to his brother, yet again.

Aryan: He's your dad. To me, he's nothing.
Dhruv: Okay. Fine. Whatever. But talk to me, please. 
Aryan: No. You'll start with dad again.
Dhruv: Aryan, please-
Aryan: Dhruv, don't. I'm mad at dad already, I don't want to be mad at you too. 
Dhruv: You have to-
Aryan: Keep on talking, and I'm sure to bang your head against something…possibly dad's.

Aryan glowered at his brother, challenging him to say something. His brother hung his head down, gracelessly accepting defeat. Sighing, Aryan walked away, casually humming a tune to one of his favorite songs. 

…?: Well…that was weird…

Dhruv turned around, shocked to see a tiny Shreya staring at Aryan's withdrawing figure. She had an eyebrow cocked up, which just made her perfect face look all the more cute.

"Oh right, you like Shreya…"

Brushing that thought aside, Dhruv smiled warmly at her, getting ready to go. 

Shreya: What's wrong with you two?

Nervously, Dhruv pulled at the collar of his shirt. He gulped as her enormous green eyes stared at his face. 

Dhruv: Uh…dunno…got to go, I'm getting late for class.

Hastily, he turned around, unable to lie further to those eyes.

Shreya: What is it with you? Every time Shreya tries to talk to you…you have to go to class…
Dhruv: I…
Shreya: Ek do baar toh theekh hai. But every time. Tumhe Shreya se kya problem hai? Did Shreya do something wrong?

Dhruv eyed her heart shaped face, surprised at the look of distress on it. He bit his lip unsure of what to say.

Dhruv: It's…complicated.
Shreya: I've got  time, and I know you do too. We have the same Spanish class.
Dhruv: Oh…yeah.

Smiling a little, she patted the seat next to her. Sighing, he reluctantly sat on it, unsure about where to begin.

Shreya: So, what's your problem with Shreya.

"She's mad about you dude!"

Dhruv: It's just that…I…my friends…um…well my friends told me you like me. I'm sure it's not true, but just in case I didn't want to-

She started laughing, and it was nice. Her laugh. It was melodious and quirky and…

"Of course you like her…"

Dhruv blinked. He felt this urge to just...wrap his arms around her, but all he could do was stare.
She eyed him after a while, amused at the way he stared at her.

Shreya: (Grinning) What?
Dhruv: Nothing, it's just…(blinking into realization) Nothing. Why'd you laugh?
Shreya: Because you're really dumb! Of course Shreya likes you!
Dhruv: Oh…um…I'm sorry, I'm not really-
Shreya: Shreya knows…and you don't have to. It's completely your choice.
Dhruv: Oh, well that's…nice…
Shreya: But Shreya just wants to be friends. Is that too much to ask?

He glimpsed at the way her beautiful curls framed her face, making her look very  pretty. And the way she clasped her touchably soft hands over her equally soft, folded legs.  

Dhruv: (Sighing) No. It's not.

She smiled, a big, bright, lip glossed smile at him. Any guy would feel the urge to kiss her.

Shreya: Great! So we're friends from now on?
Dhruv: (Nodding, a little lost) Yup…
Shreya: Good. So, you want to tell Shreya what's up with Aryan?
—— ——— ———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ———— ———
Aryan: Yeah. So I'll see you tomorrow babes.

The girl who was clutching at his shirt eyed him suspiciously. Although, the smile on her face was hard to miss.

Girl: For sure?
Aryan: You can count on it.

Nodding contentedly, she walked away. Aryan flashed his famous grin, feeling more like himself than he had all day. He stroked his guitar case as he made his way to Smita's classroom. A part of him was happy to escape going home for a few hours. The other part was not sure about whether he wanted to handle the freaky artist chick.

He stopped five metres before Smita's classroom door, shocked at the sight in front of him. Tammy, was chewing gum as usual, peering at a small book, with earphones plugged into her ear!

Aryan: I thought you hated music.

She glanced up at him, moving her tongue around her mouth, probably because of the gum. 

Tammy: I'm not listening to music.
Aryan: (Rolling his eyes) I'm not stupid. Of course you are. 
Tammy: No I'm not. And you are stupid.
Aryan: I can see the earphones.

Heaving in a deep breath, Tammy pulled the earphones out of her bag.

Aryan: Oh.

They were not plugged in.

Tammy: Yeah.
——— ——— ————— ——— ——— ———————— —————
Shreya: It was so much fun today!

Dhruv chuckled, creating creases around his eyes. Shreya religiously ignored them, as well as the urge to plant one on him at this instant. 

Dhruv: Yeah! Though I'm sure Mr. Batra thinks completely differently.
Shreya: Yeah well…it's allowed once in a blue moon.

Smiling Dhruv picked up his bag pack.

Dhruv: Listen, I really had fun today.
Shreya: Shreya told you na, Shreya did too!
Dhruv: Being friends was the best thing you suggested.

Shreya beamed at him, and a few thoughts screamed in Dhruv's head. He'd become quite familiar with them through the course of the day.

A black limosine honked loudly from outside, and Shreya picked up her bag as well, looking wistfully at Dhruv.

Shreya: Bye. See you tomorrow.
Dhruv: Yeah…see you.

He extended his arm, making her eyebrow cock up high.  What he really wanted to do was hug her, but he knew that would put him in a very awkward position.

Shreya: Hey! That's not what friends do!

He didn't know when it happened, but when it did, he reacted almost immediately to it. He felt her soft hands wrap themselves cozily around his neck and closed his eyes. His hands automatically wrapped themselves, ever so gently around her thin waist. It was a brief hug, but very pleasurable for both parties.
He grinned down at her, as she withdrew, her face a little dazed. 

"Just from a hug." She thought, as she warmly returned his smile. 

He watched her back moving further and further away from him, the silly, soppy smile still planted on his face. 

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way…"

Many students glanced at him, shaking their heads bemusedly at his chosen ringtone. Sighing, he flipped open the phone, ignoring the caller name.

Dhruv: (A little irritated) Hello?
…?: Is Aryan coming home beta?
Dhruv: (Sighing) What do you think ma?
Puja: (Dhruv's mom) Well, I guess it's better if he doesn't. 
Dhruv: Yeah. He's going to stay at school for a couple of hours.
Puja: (Surprised) Really?!
Dhruv: (Chuckling) I was shocked as well…but yeah…
Puja: Well…that's good, I suppose.
Dhruv: (Frowning) You ok, ma?
Puja: Yeah, I'm fine.
Dhruv: What's wrong?
Puja: (Sighing)Nothing beta. I have to go, the car will be there soon.
Dhruv: Ok. I'll see you soon.

As she hung up the phone, Dhruv wondered what could possibly be wrong with his mother. He knew he would never be able to spit it out. Aryan was usually the one who was able to do that, Dhruv provided the shoulder. Sighing, he quickly texted Aryan, hoping his brother would once again, be able to save the day. 
——— ————— ———————— ————— —————— ———
Tammy: So, what's the problem?

Aryan looked up from his copy of Piano Pieces for Beginners, his eyebrow raised up high. Surprisingly, he was taking his job as a music tutor very seriously. After all, music was the only thing he was so passionate about. 

Aryan: I don't have a problem.
Tammy: (Rolling her eyes) Please! You totally have a problem! Now spit.
Aryan: (Sighing) Even if I do, it's none of your business.
Tammy: Look, I told you, arguing with you makes my day complete. Well…you and a bunch of other people.
Aryan: Look-

Beep beep!

The two teenagers glanced down at Aryan's phone. Thanking whoever had texted him for perfect timing, Aryan grabbed at it. 

Something's wrong wid ma. Pls fix it. –Dhruv

Aryan muttered under his breath, a frown forming on his face. He rapidly texted his brother back, and turned to face problem number one. He'd quickly decided that he would deal with his mom later. 

Aryan: Listen, I really don't…why are you staring at me like that?
Tammy: Is it your mom who's the reason for the cloud of utter doom hanging on your generally happy and annoyingly cocky personality?

Aryan silently debated whether to bite back or just answer her question. He found it simpler to answer her question.

Aryan: No. It's not.
Tammy: It's your dad, right?

The look of shock on his face answered three or four questions for Tammy at once.

Tammy: Ok..so that's clear. What did he do?
Aryan: How'd you know?
Tammy: I asked you first.
Aryan: My life you're asking questions about.
Tammy: (Shrugging) I just did…
Aryan: Okay. Well, then, my dad just did something.

Tammy sighed in frustration. The boy could so easily get on her nerves. He grinned, satisfied to see her annoyed at his expense. He liked seeing her annoyed, it always made her look more attractive.
He bit his lip, as if he had said the thought aloud. Even thinking it was tabooed. He couldn't feel attracted towards her, she was just…somad!

Tammy: Dhruv told me about what happened today…so…
Aryan: (Muttering) Us Dhruv ko toh main-
Tammy: Don't worry…your secret is safe with me.
Aryan: Whatever. Can we get back to work.
Tammy: Not before you answer my question.

Aryan sighed, glancing at her gorgeous jade eyes. There was so much sincerity in it…plus, he didn't know a way to shut the wacko up.

Aryan: (Sighing) Ok. He won't let me go to music camp.

She giggled, surprising Aryan…in a pleasant way. They were soft, her giggles. Soft, feminine and somehow different. He really  liked to hear her giggle. 

Tammy: That's it?

He frowned, suddenly realizing who he was so stupidly smiling at. 

Aryan: What do you mean?
Tammy: I mean, you can go next year. Geez! Don't act like a spoilt brat!
Aryan: Forget it. You won't get it.

He turned back to his book, his lips pursed, and one hand curled up in a fist. 

Tammy: Fine. Fine. Don't pout.
Aryan: (Defiantly) I'm not pouting!
Tammy: (Laughing) Of course you are! 

He glared at her, making her feel unusually uncomfortable.

Tammy: Don't look at me liked that.
Aryan: (Not lowering his gaze) You just don't seem to understand.
Tammy: Then explain it to me. 
Aryan: He broke his promise. He promised me I'd get to go this year, if I got good grades in Science.
Tammy: (Surprised) And you did?!
Aryan: (Scowling) Believe it or not, yes.

Tammy propped herself on the base of the grand piano. Aryan winced. He hated to see any instrument disrespected, or sat on. He especially hated the sat on part.

Tammy: So…he broke a promise, no need to get all melodramatic about it.
Aryan: It's not that simple. You see…he wants me to lend a hand in his business.

Unconsciously, he propped himself on the piano as well, resting his hand on the top part, where the mechanisms were.

Tammy: So…tell him that you don't want to.
Aryan: If only life were that simple. I think he only wanted children so that we could help his business.

Tammy giggled again, and this time, Aryan noticed her face more carefully. Her drop dead gorgeous eyes lighted up, and her skin glowed brilliantly. Her lip balmed lips shone in the light, her pearly white teeth standing out due to her dusky complexion. He had this urge to kiss her…really bad. He probably would have, if the thought of getting kicked in…well…you know what wasn't looming in his head. 

Tammy: So, you're chickening out?
Aryan: No. I'm chosing to not waste my time. He ignores me more than he ignores mom. I'm sure he doesn't love her, and completely sure he hates me. 
Tammy: No he doesn't! He's your dad!

He laughed bitterly, shaking his head at her naivety. 

Aryan: He hates music because I like it. He hates processed food because I like it. He hates anything I like, and forbids me from doing it…therefore…he hates me.

Tammy bit at her thumb thoughtfully. He stared at her, a little amused by her unladylike action.

Tammy: So…this is more of an ego tussle…
Aryan: Well…(thinking) yeah….partly, but it's also the fact that he won't understand that I can make my choices too.

Tammy nodded her head, jumping off the piano.

Tammy: I get your point, but I also think he's not that big of a villain as you think he is.

He grinned at her, and she suddenly understood why all girls went weak at the sight of his famous grin. Of course, she  didn't go weak kneed, but she understood the reason for several girls. 

Aryan: Listen…I really appreciate you trying to help me. It's really, very nice. 

She beamed at him, showing those pearly whites again. He felt something crawl under his skin. It wasn't a nasty something, just a…different something. He liked it…almost as much as he liked her smile, which he had been gazing at for quite some time.

Tammy: (Confused) What?

He blinked, suddenly realizing that he had been staring. He quickly looked away, and nervously tugged at his shirt.

"Is that a family habit?" Thought Tammy, intrigued at his poor way of hiding his nervousness. She had also seen Dhruv do it when the teacher asked him a question he didn't know the answer of.

Aryan: You have a nice smile.

She stepped back, shocked at the sudden outburst.

Tammy: Um…thanks…you have a nice…guitar…

He shuffled his feet, unsure of what to say. 

Tammy: Well…
Aryan: I…I have to call someone.
Tammy: Yeah…me too.

They both grabbed their cell phones, heading for separate corners of the room.
——— ——— ——— ——— ———— ——— ——— —— ——
Karan: (On the phone with Tammy) What do you want?

She gulped from the other side of the line. Karan shook his head, annoyed at his neice's cunning way to talk to him.

Tammy: I…I just wanted to talk.
Karan: We can do that at home.
Tammy: No! No we can't. I know you'll ignore me.

Karan sighed loudly. Ignoring his girls had been much harder than he had thought. But he was a strong person.

Tammy: You won't even look at us. We really don't deserve that mamu.

She was right. He didn't look at them. He wasn't that strong. If he had even glanced at their sad little eyes once, he would have broken down. Experience had taught him to not stare them in the eye when he was angry with them.

Karan: (Sighing) Fine, talk.

Tammy glanced at Aryan, just to check that he wasn't listening. He seemed busy with his own conversation, as he ran a hand through his hair.

Tammy: I'm…I'm really sorry.

Karan didn't reply. He just stood in the middle of his makeup room, clutching his phone as if it was his kidney. He could hear Tammy's loud, nervous breath across the line, but wasn't aware of anything else.

"Did she just say sorry?!"

Tammy: (Concerned) Mamu…?

Karan cleared his throat, hoping his voice wouldn't betray his happiness.

Karan: Well…what you did was unforgivable-
Tammy: I know! I know! I really shouldn't have done that. And I realize it now, and I also realize that you are the most amazing mamu I could ever have. Please, please forgive me. I can't stand not talking to you. I'm so, so-
Karan: (Smiling) Tammy! Take a breath sweetheart!

She could almost feel  his smile, which in turn, made her beam radiantly. 

Tammy: So..am I forgiven?
Karan: Yes, of course you are! You have no idea how hard it was to not talk to you. 
Tammy: Thanks mamu! And again, I'm so sorry, I promise I won't-
Karan: (Laughing) Okay. Okay. I got to go. See you at home.
Tammy: (Smiling) Yeah…and mamu…
Karan: Yeah?
Tammy: I love you so much!

Smiling, she hung up the phone, dumping it in her bag. Things were going back to normal.
——— ——— —— —— ——— —— ——— ——— ———

Aryan: (Irritated) Mom! Mom! I'm fine! Now what's wrong with you?

While Tammy was quietly talking in the opposite corner of the room, an annoyed Aryan was whispering loudly to his mother.

Puja: (Sighing loudly) I'm fine beta.
Aryan: (Rolling his eyes) Please mom! Don't act super filmy.
Puja: I'm not! I'm completely fine!

Aryan ran a hand through his hair, sighing as his mom droned on about how he should be more respectful to his father.

Aryan: Yeah, yeah…bla bla bla. Tell me your problem.

Puja sighed, amazed at her son's will to persevere.

Puja: I have no problem beta. What time should I send the car?
Aryan: (Annoyed) Fine! Don't tell me! But I'm coming home soon, and I'll spit it out of you.

There was a momentary silence on the other line, as Puja contemplated whether to tell her son or not. She decided it was better to have only one angry man in the house (her husband) and spilt it all.

Puja: Fine, fine you win. 
Aryan: (Grinning) As expected.
Puja: Your father's going away on our anniversary. 
Aryan: Again?!
Puja: (Sighing) Yes. It's been twenty years, and we haven't celebrated one anniversary together.
Aryan: He's such a bas-
Puja: (Sternly) Don't you dare say anything against your father. 
Aryan: You are so sati savitri.

There was another silence, longer this time. Aryan glanced at Tammy, who was shredding away her thumb, a frown etched on her forehead.

"Is that a habit?" 

Puja: Aryan? Aryan? ARYAN!

He blinked, nearly dropping his cellphone.

"Second time today." He thought, as he tore his eyes away from Tammy, with great difficulty.

Aryan: What mom?
Puja: You're with a girl, aren't you?
Aryan: No…no I'm not.
Puja: (Sighing) I suppose I'll talk to you later.
Aryan: No, mom-
Puja: No. It's okay. You go enjoy yourself. You're young and not tied down. Explore life and-
Aryan: (Irritated) MOM! She's also making a phone call.
Puja: Oh…ok.
Aryan: Anyway mom, don't worry, you don't need your husband to celebrate. You have me and Dhruv.
Puja: (Chuckling) You're right. I have you two. I need to go. Should I send the car in half an hour?
Aryan: Yes. And mom?
Puja: Yeah?
Aryan: I love you a lot.

Smiling, Puja Bedi hung down the phone receiver. Straightening her sari, she headed towards the kitchen, ready to instruct the cook for dinner. After all, she was a mother, and didn't have time to worry about silly things like her anniversary. 

——    —— ——— ——— ——— —— ———

Ok. So here it is. Finally done. Hope you guys like it...
Do you guys think its too fast paced, because I dont want it to move at snails speed, plus, I need to finish a few things before the story moves on the good part…

Do commet and tell me what you thought
sultanahabeeb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks 4 pm nd as always i like it
ridzzi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow too good ana...
so finally dhruv n shreya talked without getting hesitant n sumwhere dhruv is surrounded with sum feelings towards her n that hug...awww fr8's didn't do that
aryan n tammy what to say they r always rocking,so tammy actually tried to help him well not actually she is helping herself afterall aryan was behaving indiffently so how she is going to tolerate it n moreover her day is incomplete without fighting with him
all over ur part was rocking
continue soon
luv u
AY_candy_luver thumbnail

Originally posted by: sultanahabeeb

Thanks 4 pm nd as always i like it

Thanks!! As usual, I'm glad you liked it :). 
AY_candy_luver thumbnail

Originally posted by: ridzzi

wow too good ana...
so finally dhruv n shreya talked without getting hesitant n sumwhere dhruv is surrounded with sum feelings towards her n that hug...awww fr8's didn't do that
aryan n tammy what to say they r always rocking,so tammy actually tried to help him well not actually she is helping herself afterall aryan was behaving indiffently so how she is going to tolerate it n moreover her day is incomplete without fighting with him
all over ur part was rocking
continue soon
luv u

Thanks! :) Im glad you liked it. I really appreciate you commenting, as you've noticed this story doesn't get a lot of comments. But its alright. Ive tried stressing the fact that comments are kind of the bread and butter of a writer. If no one listens, then what can you do? And everyone has a choice, on whether they want to comment or not. But thanks a lot for yours. Its much appreciated :)
AY_candy_luver thumbnail
The One with the Happy Ending (and no cliffhangers)

Karan: What are you girls going to be up to today?

Karan looked up from his Economist, spooning some soggy, tasteless yet super healthy (according to the pack anyway) cereal. Despite many people's stereotypical view of all models being stupid, Karan enjoyed reading the occasional Economist.

Tammy: I dunno…probably go over to a friend's house…work on a painting or something…

Shreya shrugged, smiling fondly at her bowl of cereal, exactly identical to Karan's (in content and appearance). 

Karan: Sounds like a great plan…as long as you're doing something safe…

He stared at Tammy rather pointedly, who, in turn, grinned at him mischievously.

Karan: But…I was thinking that we could um…would you guys mind if we…I mean…we go out today?

His neices' faces brightened as they bobbed their overenthusiastic heads furiously.Karan coughed, unsure how to inform them of the full plan. He fumbled with his spoon, coughing several times before speaking.

Karan With…uh…with Aditi.

Karan winced at the sight of his horribly surprised nieces. While Tammy's mouth was very inelegantly hanging open, Shreya was choking loudly on her fat free cereal.

Karan Well…I didn't really want to-

Ring, ring

He picked up the ringing phone, and immediately, a smile spread on his face.

Karan: Oh…you're outside? Ok, we're coming.

He glanced at his nieces, then slowly got up and left. Sighing, Tammy glanced at Shreya, and then got up as well, quietly following her uncle. Shrugging, Shreya dumped her spoon in the bowl of cereal, getting up. It was time for another episode of "mess with Aditi"
—— ———— —— —— ——— ——— ———— ———
Karan: I cannot believe you two behaved that way.

The noise of the recently banged door reverberated in the spacious living room. Karan, who was inhaling L-O-U-D-L-Y and S-L-O-W-L-Y (a sure sign of being upset) glared at his nieces with red rimmed balls of fury. This time, this time, they had gone too far. 

Tammy picked at her peeling nail polish, waiting for her hysterical uncle to breath normally.

Shreya: I cannot believe you thought we wouldn't.

Her quiet remark invoked a nearly irrepressible fury in Karan Banerjee. He clenched his fists into the tightest balls, his nails almost biting into his skin.

Karan: Why would you do this?

Tammy looked up, eying her uncle as if he was the stupidest creature on the face of the earth.

Tammy: Why do you think we did it? We don't want her in your life.
Karan: Why?!
Tammy: Because….then she'll be in our life.
Karan: No she won't, she'll-
Tammy: Mamu! Have you any idea how drastically things will change after you get married-
Karan: We're not getting married! We're just dating.
Tammy: Then why date, if you have no plans to be committed?
Karan: Because…because…

He paused, a confused expression on his face. Perhaps his half deranged niece was right…but he wouldn't admit that, not yet anyway.

Shreya sighed, deciding to intervene before Tammy confused the poor, lost Karan even more.

Shreya: We just…we just don't want to…(struggling for words) share you.
Karan: Don't you think you're being selfish?!
Tammy: (Bitterly) You're being selfish by dating her.
Karan: What?! That's…that's my choice. You're being selfish extremely selfish by-
Tammy: No…you're being selfish!
Karan: NO! YOU (points at her) are.
Tammy: You're selfish!
Karan: NO! You are!
Tammy: NO! You are!
Karan: You!
Tammy: You!
Karan: You!
Tammy: Y-
Shreya: OKAY! OKAY! Enough! Just…stop it!
Karan: Tammy…you have to realize that you are being selfish by-
Tammy: YES! YES! WE ARE BEING SELFISH! VERY VERY SELFISH! But why should we share you with someone.

Her voice reduced to a whisper, her eyes becoming large and a little glossy.

Tammy: (Whispering) When you have always been there…and promised to always be there…

As her voice trailed off, Shreya tipped in, requoting Karan's promise, made a while ago in her quiet voice. The one she used when she was emotionally drained or upset. In this case, she was both.

Shreya: Till you get sick and tired of me. Then I'll disappear in the background, and you won't even notice I'm gone.

Tammy looked at her uncle, and for the first time in the day, shame rested in her eyes. They slowly filled with tears, and she murmured something incomprehensible. Karan glanced back, his demeanor far from the mad rage he had experienced a few seconds ago.

Tammy: You promised mamu…we're sorry…

Soft sobs escaped her mouth, as she covered her face with her hand. The tears slid down her burning cheeks, wetting her cold, numb hands. She slid down to the floor, her sobs becoming increasingly loud with every passing second. Karan's knees turned to jelly, crashing loudly on the floor. Although his knees were scraped and bruised, he didn't as much as wince. All he could feel was numbness, as his shaky hand cradled Tammy to his chest. Silently, he soothed his disoriented niece, who was shuddering with each sob.

Shreya: (Sniffing) Stop! You'll make Shreya cry.

Shreya was nearly in tears, but managed to remain composed by tightly clenching her jaw and fiercely biting at her lip. So much so that blood was seeping into her teeth.

Karan had once commented on how Tammy seemed more emotionally strong to outsiders, as she'd never cried….ever outside. While Karan always used to get complaints from teachers to 'please teach your child to control her emotions' (regarding Shreya).

Tammy could very easily break down into heart wrenching sobs at home, as was clear today. While Shreya just stood with a clenched jaw, biting desperately at her lip. Tammy had laughingly said that they created a balance in each other's lives.

Karan: (Hoarse voice) I didn't realize you felt this way.

Tammy buried her head in his shirt, mumbling incoherently.

Shreya: We're really, really sorry mamu, but we're just not…
Karan: (Looking up from Tammy) Ready?

Shreya smiled a little, sad smile. He had got it, pinpoint.

Karan: (Whispering to Tammy) I love you…(loud) both of you.

Karan stretched out his other arm invitingly to Shreya. Willingly, she bent down, nestling her head on his shoulder.

Karan: You mean more than anything in the world to me. And I'm sorry I didn't think about how you would feel. I just…I thought you would be as happy for me as I was…and maybe more.

He sighed, gently removing his arm from Tammy's back, running it through his hair.

Tammy sniffed, slowly raising her head from Karan's shoulder.

Tammy: We're sorry we're so selfish, but we're so spoilt by the best mamu in the world.
Shreya: Who we love so, so much.

Shreya sported a smile, squeezing Karan's nearly unsqueezable bicep. Karan smiled fondly, kissing his two darlings on their foreheads.

Karan: I'll talk to Aditi…tell her we should rethink our relationship…if she will talk to me.
Shreya: (Biting lip guiltily) Don't worry, she will talk to you.
Tammy: (Half grinning) After all…you're irresistible.
—— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ———
Tammy: OYE! MR. GENTLEMAN!

Dhruv turned around, an amused smile on his lips. Trust Tammy to come up with the weirdest nicknames ever. 

Dhruv: Yes, your royal highness. Do you require my services?

Frowning, Tammy walked to him, hitting him lightly on his shoulder. 

Tammy: Sooo funny. Now, seriously, I need to talk to you.

Dhruv motioned to an empty cafeteria table. Nodding her head, Tammy walked towards the round table, sitting down with a long sigh. 

Dhruv: So, what'd you wanna talk about?

He sat down in front of her, placing his folded hands on the table, ready for an interrogation. Tammy bit her lip, suddenly feeling self conscious. Dhruv's gaze was enough to make her uncomfortable. It was so much like his brother's.

Tammy: Uh…I actually wanted to talk to you about…

Smiling, Dhruv tilted his head, still holding that expression in his eyes. It had been thrown to Tammy several times during the course of three weeks. 

She groaned in frustration, placing her hand on her forehead, looking anywhere but Dhruv.

Dhruv: (Worried) Kya hua? Are you not feeling well?
Tammy: No…just…stop looking at me like that.

He frowned, his hands slipping carelessly from the table.

Dhruv: Um…sorry…? 

Sighing, Tammy glanced at him again.

"Good…he looks normal now." She thought.

Tammy: I actually wanted to talk to you about Shreya.

Immediately, his face brightened up. Tammy scowled, unhappy with his happiness.

Dhruv: Oh Shreya! Sure, what'd you wanna talk about?
Tammy: Pehle…wipe that stupid smile off your face.

His face slackened, as he nervously tugged at his shirt collar. Boy was it hot in there…

Tammy: Oh god! You're nervous…okay…okay…I'm sorry just-
Sid: Hi guys!

Sid bounced up to their table, placing a cup of coffee in front Tammy, and a glass of ginger ale in front of Dhruv. 

Sid: (Grinning) Your customaries. Or should I say…your addictions.

Tammy giggled like an ecstatic child, causing both Dhruv and Sid to smile. She stood up, planting a lip balmed kiss on Sid's cheek. Then, sitting down, she happily sipped at her coffee.

A huge, soppy smile magically appeared on Sid's face. Blushing, he touched the spot where Tammy had kissed him, sighing dreamily. 

Tammy, who was completely oblivious to his rapidly changing behavior, turned to Dhruv, suddenly remembering her abandoned conversation.

Tammy: So Dhruv, as I was saying…just back off my sister. 

She paused, realizing that she might have come on a little harshly. Swallowing hard, she restarted, trying to phrase it in a nicer way.

Tammy: I mean…don't give her false hope. The whole weekend, she's been smiling at every inanimate object and talking to our dog! So please, please tell her what you really are.
Dhruv: (Frowning) I really am?
Tammy: Yeah…you know…actually I already told her, but she wouldn't believe me.
Dhruv: Told her what?
Tammy: That you're…you know…
Dhruv: Know what?
Tammy: Do you really want me to say it?
Dhruv: (Getting frustrated) Say what?!
Tammy: That…you know…you're…(fumbling) gay.

Sid unhappily woke up from his daydream at the word 'gay' and the sound of spraying. He widened his eyes, as a drenched Tammy glared at Dhruv.

Dhruv: I'm sorry…I'm WHAT!?
Tammy: (Annoyed) Itne surprised kyun ho rahe ho? Have you never admitted to yourself that you're gay.

Sid's eyes widened as he realized the gravity of the situation. He squeaked loudly, making wild gestures at Tammy. Tammy glanced up, confused by Sid waving his hand wildly across his neck, clenching his teeth. 

Tammy: (Trying to ignore Sid) You know…you like guys…which is completely fine with me. Actually, I find it cool that I have a gay friend.

Sid started whispering loudly to Tammy, a miserable expression on his face as he continually shook his hand in front of his neck.

Dhruv: I'm sorry…you think I'm gay?
Tammy: Oh god, aur kitne varieties mein phrase kar sakti hoon. Yes, I know you're gay…(looking up at Sid, irritated) what is it Sid?

Dhruv stared at Sid, a reproachful look in his eyes. Flustered, Sid immediately stopped his hand gestures. 

Gulping, he gingerly sat in the seat next to Dhruv.

Dhruv eyed him, anger evident from his tight jaw.

Sid: I wasn't…I was just…(tell tale voice, pointing at Tammy) Tammy thinks you're gay!
Tammy: Of course I think…(realization) oh…you're not…oh god…this is awkward.

She dug her hand through her many depths of hair, turning to gaze at the wall once again.

Dhruv: Uh…yeah…I'm not.

She bit at her lip, he tugged at his collar and Sid nervously drummed the table.

The awkwardness of the situation slowly descended upon the three, like mist on a spring morning.
Finally, Tammy turned to look at Dhruv, who immediately stopped tugging his shirt. An expression of rapt attention formed on his face, as she hesitantly started talking.

Tammy: Well…you can't blame me, I just thought…I got this feeling that-
Sid: (Nodding) I know what you mean.
Dhruv: (Surprised, annoyed) You do?

"Ohhh boy…beta…muh band rakhta to kya ho jaata?" Sid thought, smiling nervously at Dhruv.
Tammy mentally sighed in relief, thanking god for a way to wriggle out of the spotlight.

Tammy: (Checking her watch) Phe-yew! It's getting late, I really must head to class…well it was nice talking to you guys…see ya!

She jammed her bag on her shoulder and walked briskly out of the cafeteria, without turning back.
Dhruv turned to Sid, his eyebrows raised.

Dhruv: So you thought I was gay too?
Sid: Well…
—— ———— ——— ——— ——— ———— ———— ———
A smile played on her lips as she re read the note for the fifth time. Almost all of the lingering guilt that had been previously jabbing at her heart disappeared.

…?: Hey, kiska love note pad rahi ho? I noticed, tum yeh note paanch bar pad chuki ho.

Her head snapped up, almost as snappy as her reply. Although who she saw in front of her was not a big surprise.

"B*****d! Abhi tak peecha nahi choda…" 

Tammy: None of your business. And by the way-

He snatched the tiny note from her hands, a naughty grin forming on his face. She threw him her darkest scowl, one that would scare the devil himself. 

…?: Yeah…that doesn't scare me…
Tammy: Give. It. Back! 

He bit his lip, feigning to be thinking very deeply. His hmms and aahhs made the scowl on Tammy's face deeper.

Tammy: Listen Bedi, if you don't give it back to me in the next ten seconds-
Aryan: (Grinning) Ten seconds na, I can do it in ten seconds. Ok. You count, and I'll read…
Tammy: NO! Give it back!
Aryan: Hm….and what if I don't!

She made to launch herself on him, but swiftness and experience came to his advantage. He quickly stepped away from her, busying himself in the note. He was partly curious, and a little worried about competition. Suddenly, he was feeling unsure about his proposition for the bet. 

His eyes scrunched up as he tried to decipher the loopy, cursive handwriting. 

My sweet, sweet Tammy,

I love you very much, and don't ever forget that. DO NOT blame yourself for what I'm going to do today.  

Oh s**t! This guy's a master with girls! Playing the no blame card…

Paranoid thoughts wandered into his brain, as he continued scavenging the note. 

It's not your fault if you're not ready yet…

Ready for what?? Is he talking about…

He shook his head, trying to shake away the impure thoughts. Surely it was not…

And please remember, Shreya and your happiness is above everything for me.

How the hell does Shreya come into this love note?

He scrunched up his face, trying to figure out some sort of secret message between the lines.

Please take care and don't feel guilty. 

I really love you
And always will,
Mamu 

He nearly cried out in relief as he read the last word.

Mamu!

So he was safe, more than safe actually. She was still accessible and he had a hint as to how to impress her..

Go for the mamu first dude.

Aryan: Wow! Your mamu really loves you.

He handed her the note back, grinning at the sight of her tight jaw and large, angry eyes.  Fiercly, she folded the note into a half, quarter, eighths….

She looked so attractive when she was p****d off. 

Tammy: You are a f*****g a**hole.

He raised his hands up defensively, partly surprised at her sudden outburst of foul words. 

Aryan: Woah! Calm down cupcake.

She looked at him inquiringly. He shrugged her expression away, turning to more pressing and curious matters.

Aryan: So, what did you do? Must've been pretty big for him to write you a note like this. 
Tammy: None of your business.

She snapped back at him, making his grin wider. Oh, he was enjoying this. He was enjoying this a lot

Aryan: (Feigning anger) Oh really, so it's your business when I'm annoyed, but not mine when you are?

She sighed, propping herself on a chair, C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y putting the note in her bag.

Tammy: You're way too good at emotional blackmail.
Aryan: (Grinning) That I am.

He sat down on a chair, propping his arm on the head of Tammy's chair. This allowed for intimacy, which resulted in more spillage from people.

Aryan: So what's the problem.

A sudden thought dawned upon Tammy. Scowling, she faced Aryan again.

Tammy: So you know.
Aryan: (Confused) Know what?
Tammy: Oh, so you want me to play that game…
Aryan: What game?
Tammy: Fine, I'll play along.
Aryan: Play along with what?
Tammy: (Sighing, fakely) It's mamu, he's dumping his girlfriend because of us.
Aryan: (Surprised, genuinely) Oh…wow! That's…
Tammy: (Rolling her eyes) Are you done, can I go now?

He ran a hand through his hair, brutally biting at his lip to stop himself from retorting.

"The bet. The bet. I HAVE to remember the bet."

Taking a deep sigh, he tried to approach the matter in a rational, emotionless manner.

Aryan: Okay. First of, I genuinely did not know about your mamu. Second, what you did to your mamu was horrible and-
Tammy: (Sarcastic) Oh like you're on a high horse of morality. 

"Im on a higher horse than you, b****h."

He thought, as flashbacks from the few times he'd met Karan Banerjee played in his head. From his experience, he really loved his nieces…or Shreya at least.

Aryan: Yes…I agree, not the most moral person in the world. But, at least main apne mama ko-
Tammy: Shut up! 
Aryan: Why? Koi aur bolta hai toh itni problem hoti hai…apne aap kabhi nahi socha?

She stared at him with those big green eyes. 

"How does he know what I'm thinking?

Suddenly, his big, empty arrogant head seemed a little less airheaded. 

Tammy: Fine. So meri vajeh se mamu Aditi se break up kar rahe hain. So what can I do? I don't want to share him…
Aryan: (Clapping and laughing sarcastically) Very good! Well done! This man, who's been taking care of you since you were-
Tammy: How do you know that?
Aryan: I dated Shreya for a long time. (Waving hand) But that's not important. If your mamu can share you two with so many people, why can't you share him with just one?
Tammy: He hasn't shared us with-
Aryan: I think the whole school knows about Shreya's boyfriends…and as for you, I'm sure he would do the same.

Inwardly, she smiled. Oh, he'd made a mistake by saying those last few words. A very big mistake. Tammy could clearly see the loophole which would help her wriggle out of this strangely filmy, emotional situation. 

Tammy: (Feigning hurt) So you're saying I'm not pretty enough to have had a boyfriend?

She grinned at the sight of his terrified face. The confident, serious expression had been wiped clean off. He blinked, unable to decipher a way to appease her, and also not be over the top.

"You're more than just pretty, but how can I tell you that?"

He cleared his throat, launching attempt one in her direction.

Aryan: I didn't say that. I don't know whether you've had any boyfriends or not, which I'm sure you did have, as you're very pretty…but I'm trying to make a point here.

She scowled at him, unhappy that her attempt to walk away from the topic had been futile.

"Dammit! Does he have an answer for everything?!"

She mentally reprimanded herself for complimenting him, and decided to go with the fake, dumb act.

Tammy: (Batting her eyelashes) And what would your point be?

He frowned, unable to comprehend why she suddenly turned so stupid. As well as that, he couldn't understand why she was fluttering her lashes so violently.

Aryan: That you should be willing to share him if he's willing to share you. 
Tammy: Why do you care so much about this?

Random thoughts about his villain of a dad floated in his head. He shook it violently, as it was completely irrelevant, and scared him very much. 

"Wait a minute…why would she care about me caring. She hates me…"

Aryan: (Sudden realization) Oh. So you're trying to change the topic. Well…I must say, you really are very selfish.

She glowered at him, furious with his open and blatant remark about her behavior. It was truthful, but still…hurtful!

Tammy: I don't see how this any of your business anyway. I'll do whatever I want with my life.
Aryan: (Ignoring her remark) So…to sum it up, be willing to share him. And stop being so selfish!
Tammy: Why should I?
Aryan: Because…(chewing at lip, thoughtfully) everyone deserves love, and he does SO much for you. Just because you're scared…

Her eyes enlarged as he made that remark. He mentally hi-fived himself, his usual cocky demeanor back. 
"Girls are SO predictable."

Tammy: Again…why do you care so much?
Aryan: Because…I have a douchebag as a dad, and I really don't think you should take your amazing mamu for granted. He really deserves to be happy.
Tammy: (Smiling) Maybe you're not as big headed as I thought you were.
Aryan: Um..thankyou?
Tammy: (Sighing) Anyway Aryan, it's too late now, he's meeting her at 3:30, and we get home at four.

He blinked unable to believe what she had just said. Had she called him Aryan?! Steadying his excited emotions, he offered a solution.

Aryan: It's never too late, especially for a pranking genius like you. It's only (checks watch) twelve. At break you can escape. Just gotta cook up something with your scheming brain.
Tammy: (Grinning) You're right. I am a pranking genius.

He rolled his eyes. "Typical."

Tammy: Yeah…I think I'll do that. Thanks!

She got up, slinging her bag across one shoulder. He smiled at her, as she made her way across the classroom to talk to her sister.

Aryan rubbed his chin thoughtfully, happy with the progress he had made with her.

So…they had moved on to acknowledgments now…
———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ————
Tammy: (Sighing) Shreya! We have to stop them!
Shreya: Shreya's sorry…she doesn't understand your crazy talk.
Tammy: (Rolling her eyes) I'm talking about mamu and Aditi. They can't break up.
Shreya: No way! Their break up is the first good that came from your tears.

Shreya's sidekicks (Suhana and Priyanka's) eyes widened at hearing the words tears in context to Tammy. 

To them, she had come across as the complete opposite of Shreya. A tough girl who didn't care much about stuff…maybe apart from art. Also pretty, but of course not as pretty as their best friend.

Tammy: NO! We have to do this!
Shreya: And why is that?
Tammy: (Frustrated) Because Aryan told me to!

Shreya raised her eyebrows up high, unsure of whether to laugh or not at her sister's stupidity.
As far as she knew, Aryan and Tammy equated into hatred. Pure and unmovable hatred.

Shreya: Shreya's sorry…what?!
Tammy: (Suddenly realizing what she'd said) Oh…I mean that he explained it to me. That if mamu is willing to share us then we should be willing to share him too.
Shreya: Shreya's sorry…who has he shared us with?
Tammy: Oh you see…
——— ——— ———— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——

Dhruv: I have this quality?!
Abhay: Yeah dude. There's just something.
Dhruv: And you all thought this?!

Aryan raised his hands up defensively.

Aryan: Not me. I have full faith in my brother. He'll get a girl.
Dhruv: (Smiling) Thanks bro. But…you guys really thought I was gay?

Abhay, Sid, Varun and Abhishekh all nodded simultaneously. Dhruv sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Dhruv: What is it about me guys? What makes me seem gay?
Abhay: (Shrugging) I dunno…let's ask Aryan…since he's the female expert anyway.

The five boys glanced at Aryan, who was staring at Tammy and Shreya talking. He smiled, as Tammy bit at her thumb, looking expectantly at Shreya. 

Abhay: Dude…am I sensing something. Do you like her?

Aryan rolled his eyes, turning to face Abhay.

Aryan: No. I'm just watching my master plan unfold. Actually, just my wise words take action.
Sid: Haha so funny! Your words are never wise, just a pain.

Aryan hit Sid hard on his hand, hoping that it hurt.

Abhay: (Interested) What did you tell her?
Aryan: Just…to solve her mamu's problem.
Abhishekh: What problem?

Aryan rolled his eyes, annoyed at his friend's nosiness.

Aryan: His mamu and his girlfriend were breaking up, and I told her to stop them.
Varun: (Confused) But…why would you care.
Aryan: (Annoyed) Because

He faltered, gulping on air. He knew the reason, but he didn't want to tell them. It would ruin his image. Happy guy…arrogant, but perfect. Perfect face, perfect body, perfect smile, perfect eyes, perfect life
Dhruv immediately grasped the reason for Aryan's silence. It had to be his father. He never opened that chapter at school, as was understandable. Being the goody two shoes that he was, Dhruv jumped to his brother's rescue.

Dhruv: Because of the bet…right Aryan?

Aryan blinked as if he hadn't heard anything.

Aryan: Uh…yeah…this might help me get closer to her…
Abhay: (Grinning) Genius man. You really are the ladies man.
—— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ———
Shreya: So…what does Shreya have to do.

Tammy grinned, mentally patting herself on her back for convincing her unmovable sister. She really was quite a convincer…

Tammy: Okay, I excuse myself from class, and then go in the bathroom.
Shreya: That's nice. But what does Shreya have to do in this.
Tammy: (Rolling her eye) You will get a phone call from mamu's office. 
Shreya: Oh…so you'll call mamu's office…

Tammy imitated banging a hammer on her forehead using a fist as she marveled at how Shreya even managed to scrape a decent B+ in her report card.

"I'm sure we're not related…"

Tammy: No genius, I'll pretend to be the office call. Okay…anyway, when I call you, you have to exclaim and act sad and all. And if anyone asks you after, tell them that mamu….(thinking, then idea) got hit by a car and is in the hospital.
Shreya: What?! That's horrible.
Tammy: Yeah…okay…anyway, and then just ask the receptionist for a leave slip, and we'll go to mamu.
Shreya: But we don't have the car.

Tammy grinned. She loved this part of the plan. Explaining it would give her nothing less than bliss.

Tammy: I know…we'll hail an auto.
Shreya: We'll take a WHAT?!
——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ———
Security guard: IDs please.

Frowning, Tammy shoved her ID in the gaurds face, trotting impatiently inside. After a few seconds, Shreya followed behind, already searching for her mamu.

Shreya: So…where could they be?

Tammy shrugged, cruising quickly through the large room of good looking people. They were all getting their 'touch-ups' and 'hair-lifts' and what nots.

Tammy groaned in disgust. She hated all these fake, made up dolls that posed in front of the camera. 

Shreya, on the other hand, loved everything about modeling. From the makeup to the outfits to posing in front of the camera. She was wide-eyed in awe everytime Karan took her along to a shoot. She had posed a few times herself, and had created an album with those snaps. 

…?: I…I think we should rethink our relationship…

Tammy's head spun around, as she, wide-eyed ran towards a tall pair in deep conversation.

Tammy: NOOO!!! YOU CAN'T BREAK UP WITH HER!

The man turned around to face Tammy, a surprised and lost look on his face.

…?: (Raising eyebrows) I can't?

Tammy's mouth fell open, as she realized that she had just shouted at complete strangers. The girl turned around, expressing relief and gratitude in a fluster of words.

Biting her lip, Tammy tried to smoothen out the confusing and partially awkward scenario.

Tammy: Oh…wrong person…I'm sorry…carry along…and happy breakup. 

She turned on her heel, closing her eyes and praying to god that the woman with the hopeful eyes wouldn't call out to her for help.

…?:I…I think we should rethink our relationship.

Rolling her eyes, Tammy walked faster to get away from the "breakup scene"

…?: (Female voice) You're right….I really think we should Karan.

She backtracked, spinning around and running in a hasty procession. 

Tammy: NOOO!!! YOU CAN'T BREAK UP WITH HER!

The man turned to face her, and this time, Tammy mentally thumped her back. Karan raised his eyebrows, surprised at his niece's surprise visit. The same niece that always groaned when she was asked to come with Karan to his shoots. 

Karan: Uh…hello?

Tammy grinned, walking up to Aditi. Shreya ran behind her, thumping Tammy gently on her back.

Shreya: (Whispering) Well done. You found her…

Smiling Tammy turned to face the "victim" in the whole drama. During the auto ride, she had pictured it all in her mind. Her mamu being the criminal, Aditi being the victim and her being the defense lawyer who saves the day. It was like one of those "Law and Order" episodes in real life…

Karan: Um…Tammy?

She blinked back into reality, smiling slightly at her crazy ideas.  Aditi eyed her with a little remorse and apprehension. 

Tammy: (Glancing at Aditi) Uh…I'm…I'm sorry?

Aditi frowned, unsure whether her soon to be ex-boyfriend's niece came all the way to play a practical joke. 

Tammy: Oh god…I know you're upset…really upset but…(through clenched teeth) you tell her Shreya.

Tammy poked Shreya in her tailbone, painfully shoving her forward. Fiercely ignoring the pain, Shreya cleared her throat and launched into a decent apology.

Shreya: You see…we were being selfish by thinking that mamu only belongs to us. Now we've realized that he doesn't, because…(biting lip as if remembering something) because…

She faltered, unable to remember the rest of the speech that had Tammy forcibly made her recite over and over again in the auto ride. Tammy cut in, cursing under her breath about Shreya's lack of preparation.

Tammy: Because if he's willing to share us, then we should be willing to share him. 

She scanned the expressions of the people in front of her, trying to determine whether her sentence was profound and deep enough for her and Shreya to be forgiven.

Aditi: (Frowning) I…if this is a joke then please save me the pain…I don't have enough strength-
Tammy: But it's not!
Shreya: Don't you see…we really mean it! Give us...give us one last chance. 

Aditi looked at Karan, who wasstaring at his two nieces with a proud smile. The three were perfect together, they didn't need another person in the picture.

Aditi: (Sighing) We never really…bonded. And I don't see our (points to Karan, then to her) relationship going anywhere if I can't even have a nice bond with his two nieces.
Tammy: (Frowning, frustrated) Just because we made same stupid, selfish mistakes, you're punishing mamu?! He's not us!
Shreya: And we'll try again…one last time…please.

Aditi stared at their soft, young faces. Their big green eyes were filled with intense apologizies. How could you say no to such big green eyes?

Aditi: Why are you guys doing this? I thought you hated me…
Shreya: (Grinning) I did…but then my logical mind realized that I was judging you before I got to know you.

Smiling, Aditi turned to Tammy, her eyebrows quirked up in questioning.

Tammy: (Smiling, as if remembering) Because someone reminded me that everyone deserves love. Especially someone who loves usso,(takes Karan's hand, squeezing it) so much.

Aditi smiled, her feelings finally overpowering her calculating brain. She bent over to hug the two girls, then turned to Karan, a hint of fear in her eyes. 

Karan's serious face broke into a huge, cheeky grin. He bent over, gently caressing her lips with his.

Shreya: (Folding hands together, smiling) Awww!!
Tammy: Oh WOW! Still not ready for that..!

Laughing, Aditi and Karan broke from the kiss, and turned to face the two curly haired teenagers.
Karan, Shreya and Tammy stared at one another, then broke into fits of laughter, running to hug each other.Karan stroked Tammy and Shreya's hair, planting a kiss on both of their heads. 

Karan: (Whispering) Thank you.

As they broke off, a misty eyed Aditi started questioning the two girls.

Aditi: So…we should spend a girl's day out. Really plan it and all.

Shreya clapped her hands together, an ecstatic expression on her face. 

Shreya: Oh yes! We should totally start planning now.

Aditi offered her arm to Shreya, who linked hers with Aditi's. Giggling, the two walked away, excitedly talking about their plans.

Karan turned to Tammy, his eyebrows stretching across his face, causing creases to appear.

Karan: So…who's this someone who told you to come here.
Tammy: (Smiling) Oh…just a friend. A good friend.
—— ——— ——— ————— ———— ——— ——— —— ——— ———
Hello all my wonderful readers!!
So, so sorry for keeping you guys waiting for long...I just had a lot on my plate. 
Please don't get angry...and please do read this.
I know it's a little fast paced, but I needed to get this over with, so we could move on to Tammy/Aryan and Shreya/Dhruv tracks...
Okay, thankyou SO much for waiting, I love you all for your patience!
And don't forget to read and comment  :)
ridzzi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow such a sweet part sweety...well anai will post my cmt within 2-3 days...i hv my own reason for not commenting right now n also wanted to give a long cmt that's why not right now...
but why everyone is considering dhruv as gay man...really funny...
luv u... :-)

edited...

well well well here i m again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what to say such a sweet part...
loved karan hard trying to convince his two niece...n my god again they did the same with aditi...n tammy cried ho...kaise... 
n aryan haye...he actually suggested tammy about karan n aditi's relation but all just for a bet...a stupid bet...
but no it can't be as he too was happy seeing her smile...  
n tell me one thing why everyone is considering dhruv as a gay...😕...i mean tammy was actually their to ask him not to be with shreya couz he is a gay...i swear i was laughing like an idiot reading that whole part...😆
n at last whatever tammy did was right...absolutaly right,even karan was  feeling very proud on both his niece...
n now everything is fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i mean aditi was convienced by tammy n shreya n she is not going to leave karan...
but tammy's whole part for searching karan n stoping him from breaking up with aditi was really funny...i mean in hurry she shouted but unfortunately for someone else...😆
n at last everything is fine...n now waiting for tammy-aryan n dhruv-shreya part...  
n please this time don't consider dhruv as a gay...seriously man...warna shreya soucide kar legi...
update soon...
luv u...     😊
Edited by ridzzi - 11 years ago