chahatt khanna interview TOI

adithya_sid thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/tv/Im-very-scared-of-getting-married-again-Chahatt/articleshow/14897784.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IPSO_FACTO thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanx for sharing...can u plz post here the article ?
adithya_sid thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanRaj.RaYa

Thanx for sharing...can u plz post here the article ?

I'm very scared of getting married again: ChahattNeha Maheshwri,TNN|Jul 15, 2012, 12.00AM ISTChahatt KhannaChahatt Khanna on the casting couch, acting offers and her fear about tying the knot again, in a chat with Neha Maheshwri BhagatInitially you were reluctant to continue with Bade Achhe Laggte Hain post leap. Did you feel sidelined in the show?I've never played a mom on screen before and I wasn't sure if I would want to play one at this young age. What if it harms my career? I did feel sidelined but I took it with a pinch of salt and waited patiently. When the show was offered to me, I was told that I will be the parallel lead in it though I didn't get much to do in it, once it went on air. But, now when my role is shaping up the way I expected it to, leaving the show didn't seem to be a wise idea.Don't you fear getting slotted in the moms' category now that you have agreed to be a part of the show post leap?I don't think now we should fear getting typecast. It also depends on how you look when you age on a show or play a young character. If I'm scared of the future, I wont be able to succeed in the present.On the personal front, you are dating actor Kanan Malhotra. Is marriage on the cards?Not yet, Kanan has signed a new show so it's not happening until next year end. Also our families have to approve of our relationship, which is more important than anything else.Are you a bit wary of tying the knot again since you have had a failed marriage?I'm very scared of getting married again. But when I see the good side of Kanan and his family, I feel relieved and fortunate.Do you feel that those divorced are treated differently in the industry?Everyone has been kind and supportive to me. I believe a woman who has dated five people in her life is no better than a woman who has dated just one guy, married him and then gotten divorced. Divorce is just another breakup and it cannot really harm your character.Your co-stars often complain about your short temper and say that you are extremely moody. Comment.I'm the most chilled out and jovial person to work with. Rumours are bound to float when you are a part of this industry. This at least is a decent rumour and I am glad that people aren't talking much bad about me.You were seen in movie titled Thank You. Why didn't it materialise into more films?I have been in both worlds and find TV to be comfortable and safer. Bollywood is a bigger business, which also means bigger compromises. I don't want to be part of the casting couch just to see myself on a bigger screen. Hence, Bollywood is not a place for me. I make almost the same money with a little less fame but with my dignity intact.Have you also faced the casting couch?Oh! a lot of times. I was offered the casting couch by the biggest names from Bollywood for roles. Many girls succumb to it but giving into their demands may not necessarily culminate into movies.Does it happen in TV too?It is an increasing phenomenon in TV. I hear that boys are more unsafe than girls in the television industry.