Life As We Know It - A SwaRon OS

Snowey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Hi friends, I decided to write this OS but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be so I scraped it. But the issue in the OS is close to my heart that, I decided to post it anyways. So go ahead and read and do leave your views.

Life As We Know It

I was pacing around apprehensively, in between stealing glances at the laptop placed on the wooden floor adjacent to the wall'to-wall mirror in the rehearsal Hall of St. Louis College.  

So many memories associated with this place most of them would remind me of Sharon, well off course along dance, it being the sole reason we would gather here.

The past three years of my life have been eventful, my journey from a, nobody to ACS of the college and then the highlight being, winning the footloose championship three years in a row.

Dance has always been my passion, my love, but the very thought of me having to leave all this behind to pursue higher studies in Harvard Business School shattered my heart. Sometimes I thought would it have been any different if I were not a "Shikhawat" the only son of "Vijay Shikhawat", the Business tycoon in India.

My life has always been predetermined for me, the school I would go to, the college and even the very project, I would work for under my dad once back after my study overseas.

Never before have I questioned him, didn't have a strong reason to, I would say. But this time, my pursuit was at stake, dance was clear an indication, something that I wanted to do in my life, which I knew I am good at.

Along with dance if there is something, I knew I was certain about in my life its "Sharon", then Diva and now Angel, of my life. I loved her since the very first meeting, she loathed me, I tried being close to her she, avoided me.

I for once thought I had failed in proving my love to her, she thought she'd lost me, which led to her realization. All those times when we hardly found words to explain what we felt for each other, dance was the only medium we had no trouble in expressing ourselves. We would dance so in sync and our bodies would sway to the rhythm of music. Our eyes and the dance movements did the talking for us, which our words failed to.

If she was the queen of Hip Hop, I ruled the contemporary and traditional dance forms. We complimented each other on the dance floor and our passion for dance was evident in all our performances.

Its dance that brought us together, the love we share for each other is just as much as the love we have for dance.

Just then I heard the footsteps coming in towards the rehearsal hall, I saw her beautiful face, which gave me all the strength in the world. 

"Hey Swayam" She said while giving me an assuring hug along her beautiful smile. 

It's Sharon who had encouraged me to write an e-mail, to my dad as he was overseas and a busy man for even me to get hold of on phone.

A part of me regretted that, as I knew it would break the dreams he'd seen for me over the years.My conscience wanted me to hold back but I did otherwise.

Dear Dad, 

I know you are a busy man and everything you do is for us to have a better life.

All my life I have been following your footsteps and never for once have I regretted your choices for me.

But today my dreams are questioning my morality. I have been accepted to New York dance academy on a full scholarship and want to take my passion for dance to the next level.

I know how much you wanted me to graduate from Harvard, just as you, but that's not how I envision my life.

I would never in life take a decision that doesn't have your approval, but I want you to consider my passion for dance for once before you make any decision.

Your loving Son,

Swayam

I felt Sharon's hand on my shoulder, with a light squeeze, she said, "it's going to be alright, you know that right"

I mentally prayed wishing she, was right.

"Close your eyes", She said.

I did just that, and in no time felt her soft warm lips on each my closed eyelids, just below the brow bone, her kiss was as special as she was, but this was more comforting, then she kissed my forehead and took my hand in to hers.

We walked out of the room hand in hand anticipating a bright future together, and dance leading our way to glory.

If there was anything I was certain about, it was her hand in mine through eternity. 

---------------

I took a friendly advice from a friend and decided to stop the OS at the given point. I want you readers to ponder on what would have happened next. Along with your comments please do leave your views on "Should parents/guardians dictate their children's Career". 

I am sorry it had less to none SwaRon, but I promise a complete SwaRon OS is on your way pretty soon. 

My other Works.

A Lost Battle - SwaRon OS 

Fivestar Love - SwaRon OS

Edited by Sudha-SK - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Monica.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey awesome update..n was nicely written
i loved it dat sharon supported him..n swayam choses his dreams..n is doin somthn wat he wanted to do..dat is dance..
Blessedfool thumbnail
I loved it...You know..most of us here are from middle class families if I am correct..parents and wedding are the two things we connect to the most...I'm glad you know on one of them...Keep writing 😛
booksfreak07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
It's a nice idea. I liked the concept. Parents do whatever they do for their kids and teir happiness. No parent would force their choice on his kid if he knew that in the long term it would make them unhappy and the kid's own choice will make him happy. A parent will say no only if he knows the kid is setting himself up for failure.
lyfisbeautiful thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey sudha.. loved the concept of ur OS.. and i think this was indeed the best way to end the OS.. Parents should definitely not dictate their children's career bt then again we cant blame them completely.. theirs was a very conventional time where anythng out of the ordinary seemed lyk a big risk. They hv learnt everything the harder way n mayb dats y they believe in playing safe.. Bt to giv them credit, most of the parents today hv adjustd themselves to the new ways of the world.. i hv many friends who r pursuing uncnventional careers which isnt even remotely related to academics.. n thr parents arnt too grumpy abt it.. infact they r happy ppl who r pleasantly surprised with the way things turnd out! :) 
Nice one.. will b waiting for ur next!
idiot_box thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
nice OS..i think it's really important for parents to support their children's dreams..and its also important for us to realize our dreams so that our parents can support us for fulfilling them..and swayam realised his dream so his dad should support him..anyway keep writing!
ShrutikaSwaRon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hey nice os...i think parents do this bcz they dont want us to get hurt...but they shuld understand sumtimes even we r r8.
Tanuka_TanHa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing concept sudha !!
nicely written 👏
its wonderful to see sharon supporting swayam in making such an important decision of his life .😊
i think  parents always plan so many things for how are future should be so that we dont repeat the mistakes they did and atlast have a happy and successful life. but if a child has a different dream and is very passionate in doing the same then i think parents would never stop us to follow our dream and would sure encourage us to pursue our happiness 😃
wonderful os sudha ⭐️
will be waiting for the next swaron os u promised us , post that soon...
thanks for the pm.
pratik54000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hey sudha thanks for writing such a beautiful os and something that is very important...

i know how it feels when your family wants you to do something and you want to do something...

i think somewhere my own feelings were displyed there in your os i could feel that because somewhere i am also having same issues with me...

thanx once again for writing this...it was very beautiful...i wish i too had somebody like Sharon in my life to encourage me...you have portyed it so well...both swayam and sharon are so real and relatable...
Parvathi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
hey I loved it... this is awesome... what Swayam is going thru is sumthing most of the ppl thses days go thru.. not onli after college but ryt from the start in high skool which decides what u take up in college...
i for one.