Monday , March 20, 2006

Page One  |  News  |  Sportsline  |  Talk  | 

Home> Delhi> Tele Express
Monday , March 20, 2006

All Headlines

TELE EXPRESS

PROFILE: Amit Dua
Nitin Joshi
New Delhi, March 19: What does Amit Dua think of his hometown and the one that's been the making of him? ''I do miss Delhi. It's my birthplace. Did my schooling and college there. Lots of masti. When I saw Rang De Basanti, I was in tears. Can't forget Delhi. Lovely place. But on the other hand, Mumbai rocks.'' Dua plays the confident young boy from Hemanth Seth's college campus daily on Sahara, Saath Rahega Always. He is the secret and smiling teeny bopper Lalit Varma, one of the leads in this campus saga. ''I am glad Saath Rahega... happened to me. I am grateful to Umesh and Hemanth ji. I did four rounds of auditions for Lalit's role. I had to cut my hair - I used to have long hair.
"It's a very good role. Lalit is a very decent guy, very sweet, Lallu type. I enjoy him. And, it's my first big break. Earlier, I have done interesting but smaller parts,'' explains Amit. Amit had played a very good role in an eight-part story of Siddhanth (Star One) and another one on C.I.D. Special Bureau (Sony). A commerce graduate from the Capital he did a bit of theatre while in college and then joined a theatre group for a while until he came to the city of dreams. ''Initially, I did try out for films. I landed a plum role in Ram Gopal Verma's Veerappan but the film got shelved. Everything was decided - my look, my clothes... a very good character. After which nothing interesting came up. I did print ads for Lifestyle, Amarsons. "Then television happened and I am happy to be with what it's given me,'' admits Dua. He tells you he used to be big time into sports while in Delhi. He's played for the Delhi under-19 cricket team - ''At one time I wanted to join the Indian cricket team.'' He was into snooker, too, but not the same way. ''Cricket is my passion. Even now on the sets we play cricket during lunch or when the lighting happens. It's fun. ''On Saath Rahega Always we are all youngsters. Also, all the junior artistes are our age group,'' he adds. Surprisingly for this young dude while most guys around his age have girl-friends and attend parties, Amit's world revolves around his mother who runs a boutique in Delhi. When his show was to go on air, Amit gifted her a 29-inch TV set: ''We had a 21-inch TV. My mother watches my show regularly and religiously. She feels happy and proud. I want to give her all the happiness. She is not just a mom, but also my friend. I like her for that. I am going to move her to Mumbai soon, may be next month.
''I want to do good work. For now, I remain busy with Saath Rahega Always,'' he smiles.

ah=738&u_aw=1024&u_cd=24&u_tz=-420&u_his=4&a mp;u_java=true">

Edited by moviemania - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moviemania thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EDIT OUT THE UNWANTED PART IN THIS POST? I DO NOT KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED NOR HOW TO PUT IT RIGHT.
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
we cant edit it...you have to edit it yourself... just click edit and erase the unwanted part...
moviemania thumbnail
Thanks Khushi , have edited it. Now it reads fine.