Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: PinkChocolate

How does it matter what her name is or how great or ridiculous or funny it is?  She is just a child and its not her mistake that she was born to Aishwarya Rai and thrown into a spotlight she never asked for?

Its disgusting that we can go so low on an infant just because of her lineage and her name. How about someone telling you that your baby has an oh so ordinary , oh so wannabe , oh so strange name?

Everything is not a joke, definitely not a child who doesn't even know what a pressure life awaits her.

SICKNESS. Of the highest order.
๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

What is with the high handed post? Are you saying you haven't rolled your eyes at the mere mention of Pilot Inspector, Apple, Audio Science, Bear Blue and all those crazy shithead hollywood celeb kids' names? Look them up, they are the ACTUAL names of hollywood babies. Perhaps you haven't smirked and you think no one else should either, is it? Well let me assure you, that will not happen. If people keep weird names for their babies just to satisfy their own demented egos, then they will be mocked at. The baby isn't being mocked here, the clueless parents with theirs heads up their asses are being mocked at. Granted, Aradhya is normal and sane compared to say, Audio Science (W*F where you thinking Shannon Sossamon?), still some people might find it weird and they have the right to opine. Does not make them sick, just human. Calling people sick for such a silly issue is pushing it too far. 

Edited by Dexterkichokri - 12 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterkichokri

What is with the high handed post? Are you saying you haven't rolled your eyes at the mere mention of Pilot Inspector, Apple, Audio Science, Bear Blue and all those crazy shithead hollywood celeb kids' names? Look them up, they are the ACTUAL names of hollywood babies. Perhaps you haven't smirked and you think no one else should either, is it? Well let me assure you, that will not happen. If people keep weird names for their babies just to satisfy their own demented egos, then they will be mocked at. The baby isn't being mocked here, the clueless parents with theirs heads up their asses are being mocked at. Granted, Aradhya is normal and sane compared to say, Audio Science (W*F where you thinking Shannon Sossamon?), still some people might find it weird and they have the right to opine. Does not make them sick, just human. Calling people sick for such a silly issue is pushing it too far. 

Firstly, i don't think 'Aardhyaa' is a weird name as its just a regular Hindi word, just like you said. Secondly, 'sickness' is not to do just with finding the name 'weird'. it is also about involving the child along and i don't want to pinpoint these posts. And please don't tell me that nobody has ever made fun of  Beti B in here. If people have the right to state an opinion, so do I and that is what i did. If its offensive, everyone is free to ignore my apparently high-handed post. Simple.

Oh, and the last name that i found weird was 'Sunday'.

Firstly, i don't think 'Aardhyaa' is a weird name as its just a regular Hindi word, just like you said. Secondly, 'sickness' is not to do just with finding the name 'weird'. it is also about involving the child along and i don't want to pinpoint these posts. And please don't tell me that nobody has ever made fun of  Beti B in here. If people have the right to state an opinion, so do I and that is what i did. If its offensive, everyone is free to ignore my apparently high-handed post. Simple.

Oh, and the last name that i found weird was 'Sunday'.

You certainly have the right to opine. However, the way you painted everyone with the same brush came out of the left field for me especially since no one was mocking the baby here. Hence, my retort. I too do not think Aradhya is such a weird name but others might think so. Yet,  I am in no position to call them sick for finding it weird because I myself go W*F at some of the hollywood baby names and I am sure others (like you, admittedly) do as well. That's all. 
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterkichokri

You certainly have the right to opine. However, the way you painted everyone with the same brush came out of the left field for me especially since no one was mocking the baby here. Hence, my retort. I too do not think Aradhya is such a weird name but others might think so. Yet,  I am in no position to call them sick for finding it weird because I myself go W*F at some of the hollywood baby names and I am sure others (like you, admittedly) do as well. That's all. 

Dexter, the use of word 'sickness' is just my reaction and my painting anyone with anything does not make them what i think they are. I feel that the baby gets involved and that is what i find insensitive. I can be called the same on some other issue. Like you just called me 'high-handed' because that is your reaction to my outburst. Its just a reaction, Dexter and my finding an opinion or a reaction 'sick'  feeds only a fleeting situation and not people's character as a whole. But if that is causing so much furor , then, i think i should keep my temper to myself and stay out.
it is a beautiful name, but i think people would have critisised beti b's name even if it had been a name of their choice, just for the sake it...
lmao, this still hasn't been official confirmed by the bachans...

Dexter, the use of word 'sickness' is just my reaction and my painting anyone with anything does not make them what i think they are. I feel that the baby gets involved and that is what i find insensitive. I can be called the same on some other issue. Like you just called me 'high-handed' because that is your reaction to my outburst. Its just a reaction, Dexter and my finding an opinion or a reaction 'sick'  feeds only a fleeting situation and not people's character as a whole. But if that is causing so much furor , then, i think i should keep my temper to myself and stay out.

Surely, there is no need for you to keep your "temper to yourself and stay out". This forum is as much your's as mine. You can feel free to say whatever you want whether it causes furor or not. Now, whether people choose to disagree with your views vehemently or not is up to them and that should be a given, seeing that this is a discussion forum. I did not provide a retort to your post to ask you to shut up, I was merely questioning your reasoning as to why you said what you did. 
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
@Dexter, i think i tried explaining my reasoning but it still doesn't make sense. So, i guess, as they say when an argument meets a dead end, its better to leave it there. We are just on different planes of thought but yes, this being a DF, you have every right to question anything and you did just that.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wow...totally unexpected that...but nevertheless it's a different name...but finally they've giving the baby a name. Aaradhya nice.

@nkapoor ๐Ÿ˜† Loved how you used the Friends avi!๐Ÿ˜†
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
I don't care about the name.The baby has a name.She must be now thanking God that at last her DadaJi felt the necessity to name her.

So Bollywood here comes the Goddess.Start to worship her.