Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Dalisay. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Confirmed: Life Ok launches 'Amrit Manthan'
Feb 23, 2012 10:53 PM| 

Confirmed: Life Ok launches 'Amrit Manthan'Life Ok is strengthening its weekday primetime schedule by adding new drama 'Amrit Manthan', produced by Rajan Shahi, to its line-up this month.

Starting from Sunday 26th February at 20:20, 'Amrit Manthan' will telecast every day. The show will highlight the importance of a strong value system and familial ties than riches and social status. It is a royal drama set in Punjab and is based on the story of two sisters, Amrit and Nimrit, who regress from being best friends to the worst of enemies, an animosity that is sparked by a dwindling dynasty, a facade of royal wealth and excessive pride and greed.

As part of its launch strategy, 'Amrit Manthan' will broadcast for a 40-minute special in its first week resulting in 'Tum Dena Sath Mera' taking a one-week break. 'Zindagi Kahe Smile Please' which airs currently in the 20:40 slot, will move to weeknights at 22:40.

Life Ok GM Ajit Thakur said, "Amrit Manthan is a show based on the animosity between two sisters with conflicting value systems - one is ruled by desire and the other by sacrifice. It's the first time that a fiction drama is focusing on two sisters as protagonists. The show represents the Life OK philosophy, which urges people to nurture strong family relationships as opposed to prioritising greed, wealth and pride. If your life is balanced with good, healthy relationships, that's the only way life is ok."

After its first week of launch, 'Amrit Manthan' will air in a regular 20-minute capsule everyday at 20:40.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2012/02/confirmed_life.php

.Dalisay. thumbnail

Rajan Shahi's two new shows go on air

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Feb 26, 2012, 02.16PM IST

Producer Rajan Shahi who had brought a turn around in the TV industry with two successful shows Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai and Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai on Star Plus is coming out with two new shows named Amrit Manthan on Life Ok and Jamuna Paar on Imagine TV. 

His three shows are on air - Kuch Toh Log Kahege on Sony, Hawan on Colors and Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai on Star Plus and all shows have their unique content and are talked about for novelty the factor. On being asked how does he feel on two shows being launched back to back he says, " I am proud and happy with the company launching two shows which are diametrically different from each other and the credit goes to entire creative team of Directors Kut Production. Amrit Manthan is a show with very strong story edgy characters were every emotion is shown in extreme be it romance, bitterness or suspense. Jamuna Paar is a very sweet simple love story which explore's the cross section of Delhi society behind it, and lots of detailing have been done to get the flavour of Delhi or be it South Delhi or Jamuna Paar. With Jamuna Paar I am introducing two fresh faces Vidhi Parekh and Ankur Verma like I had launched Hina Khan, Karan Mehra,Sara Khan Angad Hasija and Neha Sargam in the past" Amrit Manthan will go on air 26th February on Life Ok and Jamuna Paar will go on Imagine Tv on 27th February.

---------------------------------------------------------
.Dalisay. thumbnail

Life OK launches new show 'Amrit Manthan' 

What happens when excessive pride and greed seeps into relationships? When lack lustre walls of fake glory and glitter come crumbling down? Life OK's new show 'Amrit Manthan' highlights the importance of a strong value system and familial ties against riches and social status. 'Amrit Manthan' premiers on 26th February, airing daily at 8.20 pm on Life OK.

'Amrit Manthan' is a royal drama set in Punjab and is based on the story of two sisters, Amrit and Nimrit, who regress from being best friends to the worst of enemies. This animosity that is sparked by a dwindling dynasty, a faade of royal wealth and excessive pride and greed.

Speaking on the launch, Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK said, "Life OK has always prided itself in creating unique and engaging content for the viewers that is also very relatable. In keeping with this promise, 'Amrit Manthan' truly stands out against the various sibling stories on television as this show highlights the "rivalry" between two sisters a huge contrast to the usual "bonding" that has formed the crux of many stories. The show also attempts to bring to fore the imbalances of life, highlighting how excessive pride and greed leads to ruined relationships."

'Amrit Manthan' is produced by the powerhouse of Indian television content, Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut that is known for its impeccable production values and strong story-telling vision.

-------------------------------------------------

.Dalisay. thumbnail

Life OK launches new fiction Amrit Manthan

(23 February 2012 8:51 pm)

MUMBAI: Life OK, the newly launched Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) from Star India stable, is launching a new fiction property in the 8.20 pm band.

Amrit Manthan will premiere on 26 February and air every Sunday to Saturday. Named Amrit Manthan, the show will highlight the importance of a strong value system and familial ties than riches and social status. 

To accommodate the show, the channel is shifting the 8.20 pm show Smile Please to 10.40 pm. Also, the channel has decided to run Amrit Manthan for 40 minutes in the first week. In order to adjust, 8.40 pm show Tum Dena Saath Mera will take a break for one week.

Amrit Manthan is a royal drama set in Punjab and is based on the story of two sisters, Amrit and Nimrit, who regress from being best friends to the worst of enemies, an animosity that is sparked by a dwindling dynasty, a facade of royal wealth and excessive pride and greed.

Life OK GM Ajit Thakur says, "Life OK has always prided itself in creating unique and engaging content for the viewers that is also very relatable. In keeping with this promise, Amrit Manthan truly stands out against the various sibling stories on television as this show highlights the "rivalry" between two sisters a huge contrast to the usual "bonding" that has formed the crux of many stories. The show also attempts to bring to fore the imbalances of life, highlighting how excessive pride and greed leads to ruined relationships."

The channel said that Amrit Manthan highlights a very key problem of today's imbalanced life – that excessive pride and greed can ruin relationships. It displays the gnawing importance given to wealth and social status by society today. 

Amrit Manthan is produced by Rajan Shahi Productions that is known for its production values and story-telling vision.

Life OK runs all the shows everyday with an average episode running time of 20 minutes, unlike other GECs.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k12/feb/feb230.php
snowflake. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

"I am an amazing Cook"- Dimple Jhangiani

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 | 6:12:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    11 Comments
"I am an amazing Cook"- Dimple Jhangiani

Tellybuzz in talk with Dimple Jhangiani...

Dimple Jhangiani of Amrit Manthan talks about her life, career and love with Tellybuzz, lets see what she has to say...

What made you to opt for the character of Nimrit in Amrit Manthan? 

When I heard the story of the character Nimrit it gave me positive vibes because I could totally relate myself with it, totally positive, down to earth and the strongest point is even I feel money is not everything and I m a very positive person, so can relate with it. My character is bubbly, fun loving which I am so, its fun to do it. It is a superb character, totally positive. I can't relate myself in a negative character.

How is it working with Rajan Shahi's production house?

Working with Rajan sir was my dream, gave lot of auditions before but it never worked. I had done meeting also with sir, he had promised me that he will give me a chance to work with him. Finally I get to work with him. In June I got a call for this character but I refused to do so as I was not working that time. Then again I got a call for the same character in Jan and I went for a look test and got selected. I had auditioned for it amongst many girls but it didn't work I guess but I think it was waiting for me (laughs) and I got it. It is said daane daane pe likha hai khaanewale ka naam.

What kind of bonding you have with co-stars?

I am the happy go lucky person, I love to talk, I love fun and I am very friendly so I have the best rapport with all. I always keep laughing and I love to make everyone laugh. So that's me.

How come your parents named you Dimple? Does it have any connection with Dimple Kapadia?

Yes in those days dimple kapadia was popular and my parents loved the Bobby movie too and my dad's favourite actress was dimple. So I was named as dimple.

Do you think it is easy for a newcomer to get a break in TV?

No it's very difficult for a newcomer to get a break in TV. I've personally slogged a lot. I used to give 8 to 10 auditions in a day, traveled by bus and trains; it was too bad, I used to literally cry because after giving so many auditions it was tough to get into it, because there is a lot of competition and a lot of patience is required to get into this field.

Do you think casting couch exists on TV?

Not at all, casting couch doesn't exist on TV. At least I have not faced it.

How is it working with Adaaa Khan?

It's fun working with her and she is a nice girl we share a good rapport. We have lot of fun on set its fun to have a sister like her.

How is it working with Navi bangu and Waseem Mushtaq

Its good and all are nice on the set and all are equally good.

As an actor what inspires you the most while taking up any show?

The script, story should be powerful because now days there are 100 shows coming up. But most important is the story line. It should be powerful and out of the box, practical, which people can relate to themselves, then only it works.

Any actor whom you look up to?

In television, it's Jayati BhatiaTarana Raja Kapoor and Sudha Chandran. I have worked with them on my first show. They are my Guru. I have learnt from them and they have helped me to come up here. I respect them and want to be like them. In Bollywood its Shah Rukh Khan as he is the king khan and I want to be queen dimple. I really want to wok hard and reach Bollywood.

What is your fitness Mantra? 

Actually I eat a lot as my metabolism rate is too high and whatever I eat it gets digested so my mantra is to eat every 2 hours (laughs)

How will you rate yourself as an actress? What are your strengths?

I can't rate myself on that, let audience do it but yes I can say I want to get better and better so that I reach at the top of my career.

What are your hobbies and why?

Listening to music, I love dancing, pulling everyone's leg, laughing and having fun in life.

Which is your favourite holiday destination and why?

Dubai, because it was my first trip abroad and I had visited worlds 1st 7 star hotel named Burj Al Arab which was my dream come true.

And you have always maintained a lean look through out your career, what is the secret to that? What are people talking about your look?

(Laughs) that's a nice question as I said above my body has a high metabolism rate so I can eat as much as I want. I am so happy I don't have to diet or gym. I just have to eat, eat and eat and I am lucky. I must say (laughs)

Do you think it is easy to make friends in the industry? If yes why? if no why?

It depends from person to person. There should be nonexistent, it is then only you can make friends in the industry.

What changes you find in the TV industry?

Lot of changes, lot of competition, lot of cost cutting, TV has lost its charm I guess because of so many channels ,so many shows, that people don't know what to watch and what not to so even the good shows don't work. Earlier shows used to run for years and now it can't sustain even months.

Are you single or dating somebody? If none then what are the qualities of your dream man?

No comments

Any phobia you have?

Yes, traveling phobia. I can't do road traveling from home to my set. I vomit twice, I can't travel.

Can you cook? If yes what?

Yes I am an amazing cook. I can cook everything and anything, can be veg or non veg, anything, I love cooking. Once upon time it was my hobby

If you get a magic stick that can fulfill any wishes, what will be your first four wishes?

I want to be at the top of my career. I want god to give my parents all the happiness and a perfect health and long life. I want to marry my dream man.

What are the issues close to your heart?

No comments

What is the secret of your fitness?

Keep eating; everything you love (laughs) no diet, no workout

Do you think good looks are important for a TV actress?

Yes it is totally.

where do you see yourself five years from now?

I see myself in Bollywood doing a hit film with Yash Raj Chopra

Any interesting fan encounter? 

Yes I have a great fan from Assam. She loves me like crazy. She carries my photo during her exams, looks at my photo during her exam; she celebrates my birthday by cutting cake and calls her friends by cooking my favourite food. She had come to Mumbai to meet me. I was so surprised; she has maintained a diary with all the details about me and the statements that I make during press interviews. I literally had tears in my eyes when I saw her love towards me.

Do you believe in God? Any spiritual regime you follow?

Yes I believe in god. I go to temple and church every day, I really trust god and I know that he is around me and without praying to god my day doesn't go well. I am totally religious.
snowflake. thumbnail

Waseem and Navi had a great fall!

Saturday, March 31, 2012 | 1:44:49 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    3 Comments
Waseem and Navi had a great fall!

Not every show makes you climb trees, does it...

You must be wondering why this headline sounds so poetic! Let us put some more light on it. A recent shoot of Life OK's Amrit Manthan became a memorable experience for two of its actors. Read on.

A little birdie informs, "As Tej and Agam are shown as a childhood friends in the show. Yesterday, while shooting a sequence where Tej (Waseem Mushtaq) and Agam (Navi Bhangu), were asked to climb a tree as the scene was about both re-collecting their childhood memories of climbing a tree to get on the top first to posses the kite. Waseem and Navi both missed a support between the branches and fell down, injuring themselves."

Yes, now that's the story of their great fall. Let's hear it from the man himself, "We were not able to stop laughing after we fell, but yes, we got some minor scratches. It was fun shooting for the sequence and we had an entirely different experience. While shooting, I was recalling my childhood memories of climbing trees," explains Waseem Mushtaq

Well, that was all about their great fall!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar
snowflake. thumbnail

The question why I am so thin puts me down-Dimple Jhangiani

Saturday, March 24, 2012 | 12:04:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    6 Comments
The question why I am so thin puts me down-Dimple Jhangiani

Dimple Jhangiani a.k.a Nimrit of Life OK's Amrit Manthan takes Tellybuzz's Quick Grill this week...

My role model: I love Katrina because some media has described me as a lookalike of her and I like her as a person too.

A book that touched your heart? Secret is the book which touched my soul indeed as the book got a lot of positivity in it.

If you could play any other character from your show which one would it be? I would play my character only because I think I connect to positivity and the character suits me very well. 

One question that puts your down? Why I am so thin. 

The most disgusting thing you found in your bedroom? I find Unhygienic as the most disgusting thing in my bedroom. Not only in the bed room but also if I see my green room unclean. I wait outside the room and get cleaned the whole room before I enter.

When you were five did you dream of being this famous? I always wanted to be in this field but never thought of being this famous. 

If you could lend your voice for a cartoon character which one would it be? Tweety

The strangest thing a fan has given you? I have a fan, she met me sometimes on my last birthday and she knows every bit of me, I was so touched that how anyone could love an actor so much. This year, on my birthday as she was busy with her exams, she celebrated my birthday now.

Last movie you cried? There is no specific movie for which I cry as I become teary watching every movie.

Which is the most annoying thing about you? I am straight forward; I can't be sweet on face and back stab any one.

Two things you are really good at? Making people laugh and changing their minds with my 'nautanki'.

A television show you wish to be a part of?  Jhalak dikhla Jaa as I love dancing.

When you were growing up, you had posters of? Fardeeen khan.

When was the last time you lied to the media? As I said I am straight forward, I never lied to media till date.

What can you cook if I come to your house now?  I can cook anything as I am a very good cook. Cooking was my passion once upon a time.

Reporter and Author:Tejashree Bhopatkar
snowflake. thumbnail

Life OK and Rajan Shahi welcome a newbie...

Thursday, March 15, 2012 | 3:44:39 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    31 Comments
Life OK and Rajan Shahi welcome a newbie...

After working hard on making Yeh Rishta a success, the assistant director now makes his acting debut...

Raj Kalra, a new face, will make his debut withRajan Shahi's show Amrit Manthan on Life OK. Raj Kalra was also an assistant director in Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. The man behind the scenes will now face the camera.

According to our source, "Raj Kalra will play the parallel lead in Life OK's Amrit Manthan. He will play the character of Varun, the younger brother of the main lead. Varun is very fun loving, bubbly and loves to show off. An interesting track will be developed in the future."

We contacted Raj Kalra who confirmed the news, " Yes I am playing an interesting character in Amrit Manthan. I always wanted to be an actor. I was assisting in Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai which helped me a lot."

His entry will soon be telecast in the show. 

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar

snowflake. thumbnail

Kishwar Merchant and Vinay Jain in Chhoti Bahu

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 | 1:44:52 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    91 Comments
Kishwar Merchant and Vinay Jain in Chhoti Bahu

Living up to its popularity, the Zee TV show brings in new faces...

With the rising TRPs of Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi, the show would now see a change in its story line with a new twist. For the same, a few new characters would be introduced in the show. 

The latest we hear is that Kishwer Merchant, who is currently doing a cameo in Life OK'sAmrit Manthan and Vinay Jain, last seen in Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, have bagged a meaty role in Chhoti Bahu.

A source informs, "Now the show will focus on Radhika's family where Vinay Jain and Kishwer Merchant will play a pivotal role. Kishwer would essay Radhika's sister while Vinay would play another challenging role. Vinay has already begun shooting for the show whereas Kishwer has a few more days to get started."

We contacted Vinay Jain who confirmed the buzz, "Yes, I am playing a nice role in Chhoti Bahu but can't divulge any details."

Kishwar Merchant too confirmed the buzz.

With the new storyline, hope the channel gets the expected ratings!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar