Udayveer : The schism between an Angel & a Demon

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Udayveer : The schism between an Angel & a Demon

Dayumn!

For about 30 minutes of the show, I thought that I will make  post on all characters titled 'Different Characters & Different Strokes' but the last 40 seconds and the precap forced me to put this post on UV's name. By the end of today's episode , he was heading the same path that we all feared he would. From a loving committed fiance  who had been looking at his Princess like she was the most precious thing in the world ' he went on to a wounded raging and vengeful wild lion whose only mission is to teach Maanyata a lesson that she will never forget in this lifetime.

UV actually showed today that he can be two diametrically different individuals. For most part of the episode , he was the most innocent and virginal person in the world ( barring the signature UV touch when he threw attitude to his Chhotti and told her that Maanyata has no option except feeling what he feels )- he was smiling like a boy in love all along , not a single dark grin , not a single word about estate-crown-throne. There seemed something so happy and lovely about him as he smiled and stared at Maanyata as she playfully fed him sweets with her own hands in front of the family. He seemed to be living in a happy pink bubble as he came sauntering into Maanyata's room ( have you noticed that he always catches her next to that almirah ) ' no manhandling , no cornering , no threatening and surprisingly , no flirting. He came there just to see her and get those 5-6 abuses from her. Even Maanyata was surprised that why isn't he fighting with her? When UV playfully pulled her cheek and called her ' meri jhalli princess', Maanyata's expression could very well register in Ripley's 'Believe it or not'. When he stands at the door of Maanyata's room, smiling a smile of love and touching the door as though it was Maanyata , its hard to believe that this innocent man with the most boyish grin can have anything dark or malicious about him. His foolish and blind defiance of Maanyata as he rips Jaanwar apart makes you want to reach out slap him ' Don't be so good and blind , UV! We prefer you as the dark knight that you are.

And this 'Angel phase' continues throughout the episode. His gaze sauntering to Maanyata as she hops around in the living room making the next plan to go and see Pakaash. His amusement over her childish behavior , the way his face lights up at the thought of buying Maanyata a gift , the way he thinks of a STRAIGHT 'HONEST way to convince Maanyata for a makeover instead of relying on his usual scheming and arm-twisting tactics. That big smile and twinkle in his eyes as he arrives at the mall , wondering how did Yuvraj Udayveer fall in love with his Miss.Haan-Nahiin-Toh. ALL THIS. ALL THIS was just beautiful . Beautiful because it gave you hope that UV is not evil. He is not a black hole. He is someone capable of everything that a good human-being can have ' hope, goodness, love , honesty and purity.

But'.. how could this flash of UV's internal beauty and virginity last? It was borne out of a lie, a  game of emotional deceit , a blindfolded dream that Maanyata and Unnzie delivered to him. So, this trip to UV'S beautiful side in his 'angel phase' came to a rocky and painful halt in the end of the episode.

Poetic justice? Karma ? What will you call it? Maanyata was praying in the living hall of the palace that UV leaves , so that she can go and see Pakaash. She literally prayed to God that he goes and well, her wish was granted. Its destiny via her own wish- Jaanwar-VB that  designed the exposure of her lies to UV. UV left as soon as Maanyata wished to God that he goes''..Only to turn up at the same mall where she and Pakaash were present ' only to let him see that she had fooled him with finesse ' only to unleash in UV something that even he won't be able to control in the future. Ironic na? It was like , even fate was on UV's side and decided to show him the true face of what Maanyata and Unnzie had done to him.

Exit 'Angel phase'. Drumrolls and fanfare for 'Demon phase'. You just have to look at him standing in the parking lot of the mall as Maanyata leaves laughing with Pakaash ' not knowing that her fate is standing designing her future right behind her.  UV was  not shocked , broken or a sudden dukhi aatma at the revelation of this back-stab. UV, being UV , turned that instant hurt and betrayal into intense revenge and there and then, he charted out his revenge plan. What you see is his plan of action and not his temper 'And I think UV's dialogue sums up what awaits Maanyata.

" Maanyata , jab billi sher ka rasta kaat deti hai , to kismet billi ki hi kharaab hoti hai. "

From the precap, you can see just how dark and devastated UV has gone inside ' his bandaged hand more or less proves that he broke something in anger and emotional upheaval. He finds out about Unnzie's betrayal as well and Unnzie's phone in his hand proves that.

Remember what I said yesterday? Maanyata and Unnzie's game with UV have made it very difficult for the audience to sermonize or judge UV. Now, whatever he does, whatever lengths he goes to, whatever he suffers and makes others suffer ' the seed has been this emotional deceit. Maanyata is still in a pink bubble and her awkward and surprised reaction to UV's soft side and her conversation with Unnzie proved that she has no realization of what she has done to UV or what and who he really is. She is guilty but that that guilt has not hit her at all.

Talking about guilt , I was smirking to see Unnzie's reactions ' she is guilty , she is worried , she is intuitive that something ' something is about to happen that will hurt both ManVeer and Unnzie will not be able to handle it. And from tomorrow, Unnzie will have to live with this everyday because deep down she knows that their  sneaky plan has created a monster in UV. Like we said, its COOL to not love UV but its dangerously UNCOOL to play the game of love with him. Right, Maanyata?

As for the rest of the episode, Komal , DS and Brij were adorable. Maanyata , now seems , wants to fall in love with her family. Jaanwar and the family never got along because both are at fault. The family could not look beyond Maanyata and Jaanwar always wanted to be Maanyata and have what was Maanyata's , because that is her definition of acceptance. Jaanwar still wants Maanyata's fianc and I think her madness to get UV is going to reach new heights in future and Jaanwar alongwith Pakaasfh will be acid tests for ManVeer. I feel bad for Jaanwar because she is her own enemy and we all know why.

Maanyata ka makeover? Seeds were sowed in today's episode. But, ab makeover UV ki laadh-pyaar waali request ke saath nahiin, ek solid dhamkee ke saath hoga.

Oh, and can I please list  my fave lines by my darling Vijay Bhai in today's episode? 😍

1.       Aur meri anpadh rajkumari Maanyata , aajkal jaahilon ki duniya mein kya ho raha hai? πŸ˜†

2.       Aaj shaam ko tumhaara apni headphones jaise baalon waali Chikki ke saath kya plan hai? πŸ˜‰

3.       Jungle queen, jungle queen , tumharai baat manna to chaahta hoon, par kya karoon, dil hai ki maanyata nahiin, dil hai ki maanyata nahiin. 🀣

Ah, I love you Vijay Bhai! πŸ˜³πŸ€—

P.S- Guys, I will finish the Princess Questionnaire tomorrow.  

Love and luck always,❀️

GOD bless everyone. πŸ€—

Edited by PinkChocolate - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Gaah! Pinks as usual fabulous Analysis!πŸ‘

I go against convention and read them before  I watch the show- always. Just because while watching the episode, I always catch what you're refering to. And I have  a strong feeling that I'm going to cry while watching today's show😭. It's hard to see someone like UV who is genuinly a mystery: watching him go from this "angel" phase as you've stated to truley what one would consider a "demon" ( initally he wasnt actually a demon- he was simply ruthless) because we see the betrayal and even FEEL it with him- its a feeling you dont want to wish upon anyone. Because hurt one can take, but decite is a wound that can invoke more than the liar can handel. .

"... you want to reach out slap him ' Don't be so good and blind , UV! We prefer you as the dark knight that you are.
It was like , even fate was on UV's side and decided to show him the true face of what Maanyata and Unnzie had done to him. "

I feel like doing that right now!😑 In my world the truth hasnt come out, and a part of me feels like going into the screen and shaking him silly. It's better to have a hard shell and remain untouchable, then to let down your gaurd and get stabbed.
Those wounds never heal.

I can't thank you enough for this great peice, absolutly amazing. I'm quite pleased that I feel inlove with DEK, because Pinks you and so many others make this show so much more than it is on the surface. There are emotions, depth, simplicity, complexity and charecterizations that make these charecters come alive: and it's fabulous that you ALWAYS make us feel for them, understand them and RESPECT them. πŸ€—
Edited by reeha...k - 12 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Unreserved

UV had put his trust on Manyata and he had to pay for that. At the end of all this he has realized he has been made a fool. UV who was so happy all this while smiling not giving any smirk/grin, flirting with Manyata when she was throwing abuses at him at the end of the episode turned into a demon from an angel. Do we blame him? You trust someone only to find out all this was just an emotional deceit how do you except that person to react. UV is hurt, angry anyone else in his place would have been. It didn't take him seconds to turn his anger, hurt into revenge. He is going to teach Manyata a lesson that she will never forget.

Unnati had sense this she knew something is going to happen that will hurt both UV and Manyata. She could see her brother getting serious though Manyata is not ready to believe anything isn't that what she always does she will not take a minute to say bad things about UV and even if he is good genuinely good she would not see it. She has put an image of UV in her mind whatever he does be it good or bad it has to be bad.

Manyata has herself put her hands in fire. UV will burn but not alone Manyata will burn along with him.
Edited by *Shruti* - 12 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Great post Poco:)

Manyata have waken up the sleeping lion and now she will see his wild side, actually worse than what she has seen so far:))

Will edit later on after watching the epi:)

ForeverForU thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Another beautifully written analysis πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Oh Pink...loved ur title...the episode was literally about UV...from his boyish,madly in love smile to the angry lion ready to seek revenge...UV has showed it all...AK is brilliant...have to praise him for his characterization of UVπŸ‘

I felt like crying in the last scene seeing UV in that state...he wanted to be in love and wanted to be loved...but what M gave him in return was all drama😑
I have stopped feeling for M now...Its pay time now sweetie...whatever u did all these days is going come back to u...so be prepared!!
Tomorrow is going to be a tough day for manyata,akash,Unzie and yes..UV as well...most probably he will hurt himself for being so foolishly in love😭
πŸ‘

Edited by luvremix - 12 years ago
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
HAHA Pocu u are also one of many Vijay shipper?

I just join the club tonight and I love it.
πŸ˜†

with him and his awesome one liner I won't have time to remember sleeping pill Pakash and that Moniya.

great post as always and I am so fed up with Manayata.

just want Uday to pay her back the same fake kindness/friendly she has shown to him the past couple of days now.

that will be fun and worth watching.

Edited by .Angel - 12 years ago
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Can I say that was a brilliant post?! πŸ€—

Completely agree with every single point you made!!!  You know, in a way, I like this.. I know Uday is hurt and I hate to see that pain in his eyes, but I'm glad we got to see that 'other' soft side of his.

Up until now everything he was doing was for his ego and to get that throne, but now there's that new dimension to it.  He's in love with her, and betrayal in love is not just unforgettable but very much unforgivable as well. 

We saw that he hasn't trusted another women ever (except his sister who also broke his trust 😭), but he trusted Manyata, in spite of her rude behavior, endless gaalis, and pathetic-ness, he loved her. And this is what he gets in return? Betrayal, a broken heart. 

Before we could hate him for doing anything with Manyata just for the sake of his ego and riyasat. But now he is a wounded lion, wounded in love. And when that happens, nothing is wrong or right, good or bad.  Then EVERYTHING you do is justified, and so my full support with Uday in whatever he does.  Before I was torn whether I wanted to hate him or love him, but now I don't have any reason to hate him. No matter what he does to Manyata, she brought it upon herself.

Loving Aakash was another thing, playing with Uday's feeling entire another.  For the first, I couldn't hate her, but for the second, the only thing I can say is Dear, Maanyata, you've brought hell on earth.. now you have to live in it.

P.S. LOVE those lines of Vijay, I totally love him too.  πŸ˜†
Edited by -Mystery- - 12 years ago
DJ.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Wonderful analysis. Like Rehaa...k I too take the unconventional path. Search for your analysis (first priority) or the written update and if the episode seems worth then watch it.

There was so much in today's episode but UV's emotions overshadows everything. It's so nice to see UV give himself and his heart a chance. Accept the emotion of love being worthy of all the sleepless nights he may have to spend and that love is not a worthless emotion that only makes a person weak.

He finds everything so nice and rosy so much that the abuses that Manyata hurls at him also seem precious to him. For once he finds hope that he too can be truly loved.

Like you had said, to love is to be vulnerable. UV is very vulnerable. He let down all his defenses. Some of which he had not let down for even his sister. He maintains a distance from all to ensure that no one get close enough to hurt him or play with his feelings. He does not trust anyone but himself. But he trusted Manyata.

And this makes me cringe cause tomorrow he is going to regret it all. He will find the dark fortress a far better place to be in. His practical thoughts and political dream is better bet than trying to give life and love a chance. That love is indeed a worthless emotion which makes one weak and that it is better to invest his time energy and feelings in a thing (throne) than a person (Manyata & Unnati).

You genuinely feel so bad for him cause he is trying to be nice but will be slapped in his face for being so.

Unnati is torn between the two dear ones. The guilt is now heavier because she now knows her brother is in love with Manyata (I feel she did what she did cause she thought he did not love Manyata but just marry her for the throne.)

She knows her brother too well and tries to explain to Manyata what Manyata is dealing with. But dumb headed girl that she calls UV full of himself is actually full of herself. Miss Know it All listen to Unnati you really don't know what you are in for.

Unnati knows in this entire game of love and deceit either of her dear ones will be hurt and she really can't choose which one to hold to and whom to let go.

When I look at JayNandini the only words that come to my mind are 'When you begin a journey of revenge, start by digging two graves: one for your enemy and one for yourself.'May she see some sense soon and return back home.

The CVs are delivering wonderful episodes one after the other. But the credit goes to the actor who blows life into the character of UV and yes ...Vijaybhai too cool man ... kya dialogues hai!!!

Edited by DJ.. - 12 years ago
S.H.I.E.L.D. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yo Poco!

Great post. β­οΈ

Bahaha. I am so excited for tomorrow's episode. The real Udayveer is baaack. I am happy. Manyata and Unnati, time to deal with the consequences of planting emotional deceitful seeds in a person who is maha amazing when it comes to doing maha revengeful plans. 

I wish I could add something more, but you said it all, sistah! πŸ˜›

TC.

--ANGEL-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome post...felt so sad 4 UV