Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

archa2810 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
so sweet... arnav is getting a bit of comfort in khushi's presence...
s2612 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
past demons are hunting arnav...only khushi can bring him out of this trance...thanks for pm
rkapoor1382 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
super duper good..
loved it
momai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wosme...plz pm me nxt time...
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
amazing ff...u took an entirely different route...would love to see where it goes from here

rockinggirl5 thumbnail
I loved it. Aww... I loved how Khushi comforted him. I can't wait for the next part. Please continue soon.
-Devanshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Omg...i simply loved the way you have written the dream sequence...it was amazing really!!I actually visualised the whole thing!!it was a job well done!
My heart melted thinking about arnav being soo vulnerable...i dont know what is it about him...he can be an arrogant jerk but he is someone i cant imagine crying or get scared and tremble...!!!!
Loved how khushi consoled him and hugged him...:D...
Beautiful update!!!!
ssafiyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great update! Made up for d delay.. Liked d dream sequence...
thecraze92 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I am super late to read the updates! but loved everybit of them! 
SedonaScarlet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

PART 12 - EXPECTING THE UNEXPECTED

Hey guys, I know it's been a month since my last update, but I'm just really busy nowadays, and have also been working on a new FF which I plan to start soon 😳 I'd also like to inform you that this is one of the last parts of this FF. Please like and comment if you like it 😊
---

Arnav woke to find Khushi was already up, and dressed.  She had been sitting in front of the hotel mirror, brushing her hair, when she saw his reflection in the mirror. She quickly abandoned her brush and rushed to his side.

"Arnavji ' are you okay?"

Arnav just nodded in response.

"What had happened during the night? You wouldn't tell me then.." she asked worriedly.

"Bad dream. Don't worry about it Khushi, I'm okay now." 

"Did you dream about your parents, Arnavji?"

Arnav looked up, surprised. 

"How did you-"

"You were calling out for them in your sleep"

He said nothing.

"That happens to me sometimes, I dream of a huge big crash and the honking of a car. That's how I've also imagined it must have happened.  I wasn't there, you see."

Arnav wondered which was worse ' having to witness it with your own eyes, or having someone ring you up one day, to tell you'. not knowing what had happened or how'.

"Are you sure you're okay now?"

He nodded.

"Are we going somewhere?"  he asked,  looking at Khushi's formal clothes.

"I .. Arnavji, I called Amanji's house today morning"

"What? You - you did? And?"

"They already knew. The police called them a few hours ago to inform them. I didn't ask too many questions ' the funeral is in a few hours and they ' they said I should be there. With you."

"With me?"  Arnav wondered aloud. He hadn't expected this at all. He had thought that Aman's parents would never want to see his face again, let alone have him at the funeral. He was, after all, the primary reason he was no more, even though it was excruciating to think of it that way. If he hadn't called Aman, this wouldn't have happened. He should've looked for the detective himself'.

"Yes."

"Khushi I ' I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I'm the reason he's there in the first place -"

"No, you aren't! This isn't your fault. You didn't ask for it to be this way. It's just the way things turned out. And I'm sure Amanji would think the same"
"Maybe, but' alright, I'll get dressed, and then we'll go."

----x

Aman walked into office to see Yvonne sitting behind her desk, crying as around half a dozen people stood around her, for consolation. He put his bag down and walked toward the desk, swiftly making his way past everyone else.

"What's the matter, Yvonne?"

"ASR" muttered one of the other employees, when she didn't answer.  

"What did he say?" asked Aman, who by now knew Arnav Singh Raizada's temper all too well.

"He was angry" Yvonne sniffled "It was kind of my fault, he had asked me to give him the list of the machines that were replaced in the factory in London, but I didn't get enough time'. But still"

"What does he need that list for?"

"I-I don't know! What does he need anything for? He just does"

"Okay. I'll talk to him about it, don't worry."

Yvonne looked up, mortified.

"NO! He'll fire you. He'll fire us both"

"No he won't! I'll just ask him about the factory and why he needs the list, that's all. I won't even mention your name."

Aman had been in this company for over 3 weeks now, and was constantly snapped at by ASR. He was no longer as scared as he had been on the first day, even though the sight of him still made him a little nervous.

As he walked up the steps to ASR's office, he could feel the employees' eyes on him, as if expecting him to return with a notice that said he was officially fired.

He knocked on the cabin door gently.

"Come in."

He closed the door behind him.

"Sir?"

"Yes?" Arnav snapped.

Oops. He was in a bad mood today.

"Sir ' I actually wanted to talk to you about that list of  machines ' you know, about the London factory. About the list"

"Will you make up your mind?"

"The list, sir. Why do you need it?"

"What to do you mean, 'why do I need it' , damn it? Those machines need to be replaced!"

"But sir, I told you yesterday ' those machines were replaced just three-"

"I know they were replaced three months ago! That is why they need to be replaced again. The surveys have proved that they aren't satisfactory."

"And I'm not saying they were wrong , sir, but I '"

"But you what? I haven't asked for your opinion on the matter, I know what to do '"

"But sir '"

"You have no say-"

"ARNAV."  Said Aman, placing his hand on his shoulder.  Arnav just looked back at him startled.

"Listen to me. You've already told me this before. And I've sent the order for the new machines too. Three days ago. The work's done."

Arnav said nothing, and Aman took his hand off his shoulder.

"Sorry Sir." He muttered.

"Get your things -"

"But sir-"

"Don't interrupt. Get your things and move them to the office to the right. You've been promoted. Congratulations. Now leave."

Aman watched dumbstruck as Arnav returned to what he had been doing before, without a second glance at him.

Once again, Arnav Singh Raizada had done the unexpected.

---x

Arnav got out of the taxi him and Khushi had taken and paid the driver.  Why he was here, he did not know. Why it was that Aman's parents had wanted him here also eluded him. He gulped as they neared the gate of house. He wanted to turn back. He didn't want to see Aman dead. He wanted to remember him as he had been. He felt like if he went in now, he would never be able to erase the memory from his mind, and terrible things would happen. He looked at Khushi. She nodded, reassuringly. Maybe she saw the fear in his eyes, because she took his hand as she lead him into the house.

---x

Edited by SedonaScarlet - 11 years ago