Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Find the odd one out-

Indra, Surya ,Vayu, Bhoomi, Agni
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hmmm. That's very nice tough one set.

Let me try differently if any of them has a chance of being the correct answer.

• Bhoomidevi is odd one genderwise.
  • Bhoomidevi is odd one being unconnected with Pandavas (Indra - Arjun's father, Surya - Karna's father, Vaayu - Bheem's father, Agni - Draupadi's father). But I also read one article posted by Deepika before in which Draupadi was LOGICALLY (not any source reference though perhaps) connected with Bhoomidevi.
  • Bhoomidevi is also odd one in Ramayan not being the parent of any Vaanar (Indra - Vaali, Surya - Sugreev, Vayu - Hanuman, Agni - Neel)

• Indra is odd one statuswise (It doesn't sound that solid reason though because Sun God status is no less I think despite not being king of Devtas)
  • But if one counts Sun and Agni both to be connected with fire element, Indra is odd that way because other all 4 are connected with 3 out of 5 elements.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
My replies in Blue

Originally posted by: ShivangBuch

Hmmm. That's very nice tough one set.

Let me try differently if any of them has a chance of being the correct answer.

Bhoomidevi is odd one genderwise.

That's too obvious and too simple.

Bhoomidevi is odd one being unconnected with Pandavas (Indra - Arjun's father, Surya - Karna's father, Vaayu - Bheem's father, Agni - Draupadi's father). But I also read one article posted by Deepika before in which Draupadi was LOGICALLY (not any source reference though perhaps) connected with Bhoomidevi.

I don't know if Agni can be considered Draupadi's 'father'. I am not sue of the bhoomidevi connection either

Bhoomidevi is also odd one in Ramayan not being the parent of any Vaanar (Indra - Vaali, Surya - Sugreev, Vayu - Hanuman, Agni - Neel)

Yes, technically this answer can be considered correct, though not what I had in mind...

Indra is odd one statuswise (It doesn't sound that solid reason though because Sun God status is no less I think despite not being king of Devtas)

Yes, it doesn't sound solid enough reason to me either

But if one counts Sun and Agni both to be connected with fire element, Indra is odd that way because other all 4 are connected with 3 out of 5 elements.

No I don't think sun can be equated with agni...

As I said, your third reason is both logically and technically correct, but I had thought of some other answer... Can we wait for someone else to answer as well?
ShivangBuch thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

My replies in Blue

As I said, your third reason is both logically and technically correct, but I had thought of some other answer... Can we wait for someone else to answer as well?
Of course yes. Why not? Only the answer as per your expectation can be regarded as perfect. That's the fair condition needed in favour of question setter too, even other contestants apart, when it is such a tough job in this game. That's the rule and you are well within your right even not to give the 3rd answer correct if it is too loose and unimpressive compared to your answer despite being technically and logically correct. You deserve to set even yet another question and also we have to wait for others to crack the exact answer. Honestly speaking, I was not expecting that any of my answers was your expected answer. I just posted them just to confirm to close those doors of possibilities to think further at peace together with other attempting this.

varaali thumbnail
Ok I will give out the answer, so that we can continue with the game...

The odd one out among Indra, Vayu, Surya, Bhoomidevi and Agni is according to me Agni since all the other four had children  connected to both Rama and Krishna.

Indra -----Vali  and Arjun

Surya----Sugreev and Karna

Vayu--- Hanuman and Bhima

Bhoomidevi---Sita and Satyabhama

As far as I know, Agni did not produce an offspring connected in any way with Sri Krishna. (Of course, I did not count Draupadi here...I did not think Agni to be her 'father'

Anyway, your reasoning was also correct and better than mine... So you win πŸ‘and it is your turn to ask the next question ...
ShivangBuch thumbnail
And Agnisuta alright but regarding the name Yaagnseni, I am not sure about the reason of the name - whether it is because Yagn se utpann or Yagnsen Drupad's daughter. I think Drupad was also known as Yagnsen Drupad if I am not wrong. Was he performing many Yagyas? πŸ˜†

Ok a very simple question from me. Just to set the trend of easy questions also to get on with the game faster.

Odd one out:

Veraval, Nasik, Nathdwara, Ujjain, Varanasi.
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShivangBuch

Odd one out:

Veraval, Nasik, Nathdwara, Ujjain, Varanasi.

Hey I'm new to this but...

Veraval is next to Somnath - related to Mahadev and a Jyotirling
Nasik is where Tryambakeshwar is (near by I think) - related to Mahadev and a Jyotirling
Nathdwara is where Shrinathji is - not related to Mahadev or a Jyotirling
Ujjain is where Mahakaleshwar is - related to Mahadev and a Jyotirling
Varanasi is where is Kashi Vishwanath - related to Mahadev and a Jyotirling

Therefore Nathdwara seems odd one out because its not to do with Mahadev/Jyotirling

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Most welcome!!! And perfect guess.πŸ‘ Exactly the same answer and same reason. Your turn next. Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yay πŸ˜ƒ

Ohh yeah woops. I'm not good at this so... Which is the odd one out:

Vaman, Parshuram, Ram, Krishna, Kalki
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Kalki?

Kalki avatar is yet to come in this Chaturyug. Vaman, Parshuram & Ram in Treta. Krishna in Dwapar. Kalki will come in this Kaliyug.

If this is not the answer you expected, please don't reveal it before other members try to find it out.