Kolongal

Kolangal Updates January 2006

swash2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
January 02,2006 Monday updt...

Adhi and Rekha, shocked look at a very pregnant Abhi storming the temple premises with the minister and his party president in tow. They are followed by the bad cop with Usha and her parents. The party head asks Usha if all that happened is true and she says, I dont know what you have heard so far but that Adhi who is about to marry this minister's daughter is the father of my unborn baby and it is true that we were in love and knowing all this, this minister wants to marry his daughter to him and meanwhile has taken severe actions against me. The minister feebly protests saying they have no proof of anything and Abhi says,we can prove that Adhi is the dad by a simple DNA test and also, why would he conduct the marriage secretly and also ask the inspector concerned on what charges has this Usha been arrested and when asked, he would say she was held even without a FIR filed against her. Isn't that proof enough of all the atrocities committed by this minister who is supposed to uphold law and protect his folks? Now the head squashes the ministers explanations and offers him two choices - to quit and go ahead with the marriage or to stop this marriage as this will prove damaging to the party and they will not get any women's vote. Or, if he doesn't he will even consider firing him and he was appointed minister in appreciation of his hardwork and efficienty and he seems to be misusing all to fuel his personal interests. Before the minister could open his mouth, Rekha says her dad has come up so much in his political life and anyway, marriage isn't important to her and even so, her dad's life is more precious than her own married life and that should not suffer and as such, says sorry to Adhi that she is not going to marry him and leaves the temple in tears, dragging her protesting father. (good father, good daughter- he putting his own career ahead of his daughter's happiness and life) The party head leaves too and now Kanchana's mom who shows shock at the mention of Usha being pregnant (looks like she was in the dark abt this), drags her daughter inside, asking all to stay put.
There inside, she says her daughter should now conduct Adhi-Usha marriage for two reasons.
1 - usha is carrying their family heir and if her love for her son adhi is true, then so should be her love for his kid, the baby shouldn't be brought up as an illegal child.
2. remember, kanchana always had a not-so-happy relationship with Eashwaran, being his second wife. now with usha already having adhi's kid, wouldn't a new bride, be it Rekha or someone else feel the same, after the marriage and lead a miserable life with Adhi, making him miserable too?
after all, what Usha did was wrong but not something that cannot be pardoned. so, as a mother, she has to do the right thing. With all her experience, she shouldn't put herself in a place if at all her son in his later days, asks her why did you let me make this choice, you should have guided me well...
mom is confused but comes out and grandma asks Abhi to stay since they were going to conduct Adhi-Usha's marriage then. Adhi is aghast and then his mom tells him that she believes that the great love her son has for her should be shown by his agreeing to marry Usha, since that is the right thing. he says anything but that, but Kanchana insists. one daughter is angry and the other happy, as are Arjun and Eashwaran. Grandma asks a beaming Abhi and a pleasantly surprised Usha and parents to accept this and tells Abi to take Usha inside and deck her out in a new saree. (now usha will have a matching fitting blouse too) Abhi starts to lead Usha when Kanchana stops her and says the marriage will take place only if Abhi leaves and Usha wants to leave too but Abhi stops it saying that it was all they ever wanted and they struggled for and now Usha should comply to this and is ready to leave.
(whatever happened to anandhi and gang? can't they come in now?)

...thodarum...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simi_1 thumbnail
3rd Jan 2006

For those with limited patience & tolerance for this show
-     Usha Weds Adhi

For the rest of us
Recap of Kanchana asking abhi to leave in order for adhi to marry usha

Too much melodrama, usha asking abhi to stay, abhi, says she has to go for the wedding to happen
Usha requesting her parents to ask abhi to come back, her selfish parents just ask her to follow abhi's orders
Abhi comes out and is too emotional and thanks everyone & tells them that usha's marriage is going to take place.

Usha comes out dressed as a kalyanaponnu(weired she has a smile on her face, Kali kalam pa)
Kanchana is not happy, Usha is emotional that she is going to marry adhi, & so is abhi outside
Kanchana's mom requests kanachana to come and asirvathichufy the couple. Wedding takes place , with a Fuming Adhi tying the knot.

Abhi hears the mela satham, & feels very happy, but feels sad that she could not witness usha's wedding, anandhi is requesting abhi to go home with her. Thuls also insists that they leave.
Usha's parents are happy, & so Is usha, but kanchana & adhi & one sis are very upset.

Adhi & Co return home. Adhi is his usual immature self & walks without usha, his grandma stops him & make the servant get arathi for the couple.
Usha's parents arrive, & are insulted by kanchana. They want to invite usha & adhi to go home for paal & pazham(really have they lost their mind). Kanchana throws them out by calling the watchman.

Kanchana comes and throws the arathi Thattu. Kanchana says I have not taken her as a dil. Usha is watching all the things. Adhi throws the malai and goes inside. Usha is scared. Adhis' grandma says im sure you expected this, but be patient we will work this out. Usha nods her head

Usha is still keeping her malai & poo chendu in hand & goes upstairs to her room. So funnyl. Adhi is sitting with his eyes closed. Usha goes next to him, & they both try to say something and adhi just says cha, & goes out, usha is left alone

Usha' parents who are kicked out of kanchana's house, come rebounding to meet abhi. Usha's mom inquires about abhi's health( ). They ice vachufy abhi as to how they were only thinking of abhi , when the wedding took place. They thank abhi. & say that they felt very sad as to how abhi was missing at the ceremony.

Usha's mom is blabbering about how abhi proved to be amma, appa friend etc for usha. Usha's mom apologies for all her bad acts & how abhi is such a wonderful person, & she asks for forgiveness from abhi. Abhi says im like your daughter so don't ask for forgiveness. Anandhi & rajendran are listening to everything.

They also dhubam pottufy about how kanchana insulted them. Anandhi says you want to meet your daughter, so why should they stop you. They also thank anadhi for her part in the usha's wedding

to be continued

swash2 thumbnail
January 04, 2006 - Wednesday updt

Adhi is sitting in his office when Giri comes inside and pretends to be shocked that Adhi is spending time away from his new wife and on the day of his marriage. Adhi tells him to stop and says he has been co-erced into this and Giri should know better. Giri answers a telephone call who is Mr.Sheriff (I dont know what they were trying to show here - was it actually a guy whose name was Sheriff or was it to imply that it was the Sheriff of Chennai who came calling - to show Adhi's importance?) but nevertheless Giri addressed him as Mr.Sheriff and Adhi tells him to convey that he is in a conference and Giri does so and is asked to pass along the sheriff's wishes. The phone rings again and Adhi cuts it down and barks at Giri to hold all calls as he is no mood to accept wishes or else Giri will be fired. Giri agrees and then starts stroking the burning embers further and says now Adhi's focus must shift towards his numero uno enemy, Abhi as she is the kaarana karthaa for all. and is it because she is a better planner than Adhi or is she more intelligent than Adhi?

Giri knows apparently how to push Adhi's buttons (i dont know why - they naturally pop anyway whenever he opens his mouth and mentions Ahbhi's name) and then says, how come Abhi is able to topple him at every curve? Adhi starts snarling and then Giri says, it is this, your anger which clouds your thinking power and rendifies you to a failure in front of Abhi. Now you must regroup and tackle Abhi and torture her more. Go take the minsiter's help and Adhi says, eppadiraa? I just now ditched his daughter and endha mogathai vechuttu paarppEn and so Giri says, now Abhi is Sankarapandian's enemy too and you should capitalize on that. You did not ditch Rekha - remember it was Abhi who brought upon this with the help of the press and ladies associations. Giri shows venom whenever he so much as mentions Abhi's name. He was even ready to kill Abhi off with that bomb earlier. maybe another kiLai kadhai after 700 episodes? only TC knows.

Lakalaka Kala comes into the erumai maattu kottagai aka Basker's house (pun intended) and calls out for Alamelu. Narayanan who is reclining in an easy chair spots this with Ora kaNN and shuts his eyes again. (che, indha moonjila pOi muzhichEnEnnu oru expression) Alamelu comes with some clothes in her hand and Kala taunts her saying is this how she spends her time, folding clothes and this sets Alamu off. She goes about saying when times were good all she did was lounge around and watch TV and went around town, hopping from beach to shops but now has been reduced to this and Kala says, well, I have what you asked for and gives her Rs.1000 that Alamu must have wanted to borrow. Narayanan watches this and after Kala leaves (in fact she is ushered/hastened out by Alamu after surreptiously hiding the money in her saree thalaippu) calls out for Alamelu and asks her why should she resort to this and also that they themselves depend on daily wages and again if it is not returned in time, Kala is one person who would not hesitate to shout at their house entrance, demanding it back. Alamu now lights up and says, what else to do but borrow with not one but two men sitting in the house doing nothing to bring money for sustenance and this is how I will be able to pay off the grocery bill and keep feeding you folks 3 times a day. you and your useless son have no problems eating but do not think about getting money. and I, a mere woman has to make arrangements (now I agree with what she says) and nee raaja maadhiri paduthundu irukka and Narayanan goes on to say, doesn't she know that he is sick and that is why he is lying down (sari, innikku adhu, but what abt all these days?) but Alamelu is deaf to his excuses and goes on and on while Vidya looks on in despair (paavam, ava mindla, indha amma kEttadhu dhaan kEttaa, innum oru 10 laksham kEttirundhaa, en kalyanathai mudichirukkalaam, naanum maattu thozhuvathi irundhu maattu ponnaa poyirukkalaam endraa?)

Rekha is sitting in thalaiviri kOlam at the table and her dad says, dont worry, just say the word, andha Adhi illainaa enna, I will bring a line of guys for you, richer than him and also why did you stop the wedding when I was just about to announce it quits to my political life in order to make you Adhi's wife? Rekha tells him that bygones are bygones but she still feels sad. That is when our Adhi comes calling Rekha and whiteman becomes silent. Adhi comes and apologizes to Rekha and tells her that his marriage was performed without his wishes (i thought when the minister and rekha walked out, they did not know abt usha-adhis wedding but who had whispered this in the ministers ears- pakshi, pakshi - maybe the temple gurukkaL is a friend and must have done so) and he feels sorry but they were witness to all that happened and it wasn't his decision. Now Rekha gets up, looking determined and comforts Adhi saying that it was not his fault and Adhi calls uncle and says, is it ok to keep addressing you thus and the whiteman is all choked up (may be his chain was too tight) and says, ennikki irundhaalum neenga dhaan enakku maaplai -(I almost expected to them start rendering the old MRRadha-sivaji song maama-maaplE) - idhu enna logic-O? Rekha says, why should you be blamed? We were involved in it too and there were problems from our side too. but this shouldn't stop here. we should continue our relationship (again expected her to sing - chinna veedaa varattumaa, periya veedaa varuttuma) - we should become business partners and continue our friendship. (paavam Adhi must have heard that song in his head and was expecting that when she said this) The whiteman is beaming and Adhi is all emotional and agrees and they shake hands and make fists. In the interim, adhi also makes it known that it was due to Abhi that the whole thing happened and they were helpless in the face of the press + maadar sanga koottaNi and minister also agrees that she is his enemy and he will crush her like a bug. Adhi stops him and says that is not how he envisioned. He wants to bring down her business empire and destroy her thus and make her fall at his feet (puLichu pOna kadhai) and he will do that.

the camera freezes on Adhi-Rekha cementing their friendship agreement..(Rekha does sport a crafy look on her face)
simi_1 thumbnail
5 Jan 2006

- Usha goes to meet abhi, they both are happy to see each other, briefly, till abhi finds out that usha has come to see her without informing her inlaws. She goes on to advise usha not to ever come to see her without informing her inlaws & it is upto usha to make her marriage work 100%

- Abhi goes to meet sivadas to thank him personally for all his help. Usha then goes inside to meet his daughter, at that point sivadas gives money to all his staff & gives them the day off & has an evil intention. He then goes inside and when he is just about to touch abhi on her back, he hears thuls call for abhi, they both go out & thuls takes abhi away saying that she has to sign some important documents. Sivadas is so frustrated 🤢 🤢

- Usha returns home, only to be encountered by kanchana & her stream of questions. Kanchana wants to know where she went & why she went without telling anyone. Usha says this is not a hostel to sign up everytime, then they both talk back and forth, when kanchana's mom, sis & brother gather in the hall, & usha finally says she went to meet abhi, this makes kanchana very furious and she starts telling the rules of the house & how usha should not be friendly with the enemy of the house, adhi no brainer just walks in & with his aLuthu pOnna accent yells at usha and tells usha that from that second she has to cut off all relationship with abhi

screen freezeson his wicked face

simi
swash2 thumbnail
January 9, 2006 Monday updt - a real tearjacker!!

IDHU NAMMA RAAJYAM

Adhi's - BP(bandhaa paramasivam - aka Eashwaran - aaL dhaan periyavan but otherwise zero) is on his way out and spots his beloved DIL standing in a corner. He goes and chitchats with her and asks if she is feeling sad (what a question? he must have been Sherlock Holmes in his previous birth!) and all will be fine if only she is patient. poruthaar Bhoomi aazhwar crap. and then tells her that it is going to be difficult living with Kanjana and Adhi's temperament but guess what? - both of them are good people basically but it is their pride which turns them the way they are. And Usha has to learn to win over their love and affection with her patient attitude, not only for her parents' sake but for your good friend - Anda poNNu Abhi's sake more. She has struggled so much to get you married into this family and you have to succeed in living a good life and slowly get into the hearts of Kanjana and Adhi. Of course, you have me in your pocket, not to mention the triple As. (athai, anu and arjun) as such you have the majority of folks in this family on your side and we will win. And of course, I am here for you always and you can come to me for advise (about how to get the maximum out of your life, after ignoring some basic responsibilities). Usha smiles tearfully and Eashwaran asks her to go eat when he finds out she hasn't eaten.

KAAVALKAARAN

VVN (vethu vEttu Narayanan) is walking on the road with a file (lesson learnt from his ex-DIL?) and he spots a 'vElai kaali, aaL thEvai' board on a factory gate and walks in and meets the supervisor and tries to convince him to give him a job. He enumerates all his positive points as to how he can maintain accounts (veetula oru paisa kidaiyaadhu, irundhappavum ivaridam orutharum tharalai - eppadi accts paarthOrO?) and he has previous experience and please look at my files, I even have glowing recommendations from my previous employers as to how sincere I am. (yaaru andha vasool raja kuduthadhaa?) Supervisor says, everything has been computerized now and there is no need of an accountant and the only job available was that of a watchman and UN (useless narayanan) is not a fit for it as he is old and he has to work in 12 hr shifts. UN convinces him that he can do the job and persuades him and says, veetula romba kashtam, so please give it and is being appointed as kaavalkaaran and is asked to go give his address to a guy in the nearby room and get his uniform and report for duty that night at 7. UN is again tearfully happy (all the more coz he can escape in 12 hour shifts from Alamu maami) and does so.

.........break.................
marie biscuit vazhangum kolangaL continues...

SEERVARISAI

Usha's parents enter Adhi's house - dad with a briefcase and mom with a couple of shopping bags -(straightaa Pothys la irundhu vandhiruppaLO), the mom calling out for sammandhi amma a couple of times and out comes our Gujarati Maami (I really dont know why she insists on wearing her saree gujarati style - her mom is pretty normal - maybe her dad wore? - nice saree in blue, by the way) asking why did they come here, and the parents answer that they have brought seer for Usha. Dad says, here in this briefcase we have jewels and other property documents and Usha's mom says we have also bought new dresses for our maapiLLai and Usha. kalyanam dhaan Edho maadhiri aachu.. at least paNNa vEndiya murai ellaam naanga paNNanumnu aasaipadarOm. Paati comes in listening to this and Usha is watching this from upstairs. Kanchana is furious now and says Adhi is not a pichaikaaran to take their clothes and what do they think of their family, whatever seer they have got is what she normally gives her vElaikaarans. (newsflash!- I am quitting my work today and joining K's household as a hired help - so please look out for other updaters) - She also says, you dont have to give anything for that was a kattaaya kalyaanam and we don't need anything from you, did I ask for it? the other day, when the entire crowd was looking on, during the engagement, your daughter insulted us and that was muraiyaa nadandha vishayamaa and the dad is apologetic and says, ok, what our daughter did that day was wrong and we have apologized (hello, the main culprit has not done so even once) many times, bhuddhi kettu enga ponnu paNNittaa, we regret that, what more do you want? periya manasu paNNi, why don't you forgive her and us? now that they are married, we have to build our relationship and make sure they live a happy life. K says, you don't have to tell me anything. we will not forget what happened and neither will my son. you are a murai ketta kudumbam (Paati gasps and has been making distressing gestures until now), so please take yourselves and your seer out. Usha comes down angrily and demands why K is behaving like that and K says, this is my house and you have to abide by my wishes. U says no, my parents should not be subjected to this but the dad says, why all this venom and hatred? after all we are human and you are intent on punishing us for one wrong thing we did and that is not right and tells his wife to get out and they come out. Usha follows them and apologizes and says she wants to go with them but the mom and dad tell her to stay put for they have struggled so much to give her this life and she has to anusarichufy her in-laws and they will come around one day. Usha looks on tearfully.

TIME

Our ex-amnesia patient - Sumathy - Chithappa's daughter is getting ready - seevi singarichu kELambaraa - while her mom watches. She says bye and now Chithappa asks her where she is going and she says for job. He is aghast and says, why should you go for work. She patiently tells him look at our nelamai, we have to get some money for day-to-day living and that is why I am going, he gets wild and says, is she bent on insulting him? ok, he has fallen in times and is a big debtor now but he cannot take it if his daughter goes to work and is she insulting him? She says no, this is no insult, just consider our family soozhnilai and just walks out, unmindful of her dad's words. He asks his wife, why is she doing this and she says, their daughter needs to get out of the house and be able to support herself and not depend on others. He says, ellaam en nEram (see title establish paNNiyaachu)- nobody pays respect but don't think that I have fallen down. I will rise like the phoenix again and you will see me in former glory and splendor. Azhu moonji son and Chandra are watching this from aside. (with a real big baby in her hand) with a concerned look. ok, what does he do for a living? besides sponging off his dad's sothu?

....commercial break...
marie biscuits vazhangum kolangaL again.

BAMA (SORRY, REKHA) VIJAYAM

Rekha enters Adhi's house slowly (wont these people have watchman or at least have the decency to ring the doorbell or knock on the door? they just seem to walk straight in - that day it was abhi in minister's house and today, our maadi veettu Rekha) calling 'Auntie' 'Auntie' softly looking around carefully as though she is looking for a lost puppy/cat. Finally on hearing that, our Kanchana comes out (same saree - so must be same day? pOchu, TC has started showing things happening in the same day, at this rate, is going to take ages before this show ends) and invites her. Usha upparigai-yilirundhu slowly arrives....Rekha asks if Auntie has kObam coz she said no to marriage with Adhi and chose her dad over him and Auntie tells her that no, she is not mad, you did right. there is nothing wrong in choosing your dad or oru piLLai amma kitta paasamaa irukkaradhO? it is their kadamai and how can I be angry at that? you were forced to make that choice. I have affection and love for you and you are always welcome here. This is your house. Usha goes past them, avoiding them and MIL stops her and asks her why she didn't invite Rekha in and say a couple of words? Is it beneath her and does she have to be taught the basic manners (yes, is there a MIL-DIL Manners 101 class somewhere- both could benefit). Usha says, now what did she do wrong? she did not want Rekha to feel bad and that is why she did not talk to Rekha but K says, no you shd have
U - you know, even if I had talked and invited her now, you would have found fault with it. You would have said, endha urimai-la nee avaLai indha veetukkuLLa koopidarE? you yourself have no right.
K - don't talk back to elders, is this what that has been taught to you?
U - you try to find fault with whatever you do.
K - whatever you do is faulty
U- now, you are the one who stopped me and started talking to me. I was minding my own business
K- am I not asking you to keep quiet without talking back to elders?
R - avaLukkE indha pingpong match thaangalai - Auntie, never mind, maybe she feels some anger towards me and that is why is not talking to me. Please leave it.
K - nee chummaa iru, Rekha. how can she be angry at you?. It was she who rejected my "SON" in front of all people during the engagement and even now, it was she who stopped my son's and your wedding at the last minute in front of all people (who all? they were all outside) and got herself married to Adhi. she has no right to be angry at anyone.
R - ok, auntie, I have to leave
K - wait, don't you want to see Adhi? (giving a side glance at U)
R- no auntie, I came specifically to see you and to see if you are angry with me.
K - no, not at all, in fact, mi casa, su casa. my house is your house and please come here often. you are a part of the family. (vittaa, ivaLE Rekha kazhuthil thaali katti, Adhikku second wife-a aakiduvaa)..all this said with a winning look at Usha and Usha watching them leave tearfully.

so, all in all, a tearjacker (not for viewers but for those who acted in it).
....thodarum.... Edited by swash2 - 18 years ago
simi_1 thumbnail
ok 9th & 10th trying to think if anything of interest happened, ummmmmmmmm, dont think so 😕 🤢

anyways these days i think only 2 kinds of Makkals must be watching this show, the people who edit it & the ones who update them in forums

Anyway a very breif outline, let me think hmm what really happened,rememeber seeing a very pregnant abhi, swahs2 style VVN, & trying to be a sober usha ok ok here is what i remember or care to remember

- usha is trying to adjust to her newly acquired mental asylum rules(u got it im talkign abouta kanchna's house)

- Sivadas recruits people who worked for adhi builders, & abhi for some insane reason agrees to sivadas & as always is going against thuls suggestion

- lakalaka & amalmelu ganging up & irritating arti by talking ill about abhi, which is triggered as the two(L & A) witness arti coming home and giving Flowers to sundari( honestly not sure which of these 2 combinations is more irritating(lakalaka & alamelu or sundari&arti, maybe we might want to poll on this one, neah, that very thought is irritating)so lets move on. anyway alamelu decided to put some suniyam to arti , & recruits kala to do the dirty work of getting some piece of used cloth or hair from arti

- vvn finds a job as a security & is spotted by the little man working in abhi's office, who promplty goes and potukuduthufies to abhi about how sad he was to see her FIL do such meanial jobs, abhi goes with that person, just in time to witness VVN being thrown out by the boss, as VVN slept in his job as a security (AIYOOOOOOO) & they lost 3 grand worth of stuff

abhi takes VVN , who crashes in the road, & is rushed to the hosptial where, VVN's friend tells ahi about how VVN has a very serious disease(brain tumor). Abhi is shocked, -- then we go to a never ending spree of ads, im kIllufying myself to make sure it is me still watching this show,,,tic tock, tick tock, after a fulle 2 minutes, i go ouch it hurts(intha show parthal marakattai aga vendiyathuthan)

Aiyoo innum ads mudiyalaippa,

ad over

now

Aiyooo kolangal arambichuduthey, ads, mudinchu vitadheypa

alright, sob story abhi telling VVN that she knows all about his illness

Lakalak comes and asks arti to go and take her bath, & is being very nice to her, as in the bigger scheme of things, she wants to get her hands on some of the things that arti has used, for suniyam. Arti goes to take her bath, kala shows her kaivarisai, with her hair pin and opens arti's shelf but arti comes in time to take her clothes, & kala mazhupufies something. Aiyoo meendum breaka , pochuda sami ithukumela innaiku ennala mudiyathu

Meendum nalaiku thodarum

simi

Edited by simi_1 - 18 years ago
swash2 thumbnail
January 11, 2006 Wednesday updt.

This updt is full of practical advice - take it in a good spirit...

a note to all night watchmen: sleep on the job and take your DILs to shout at your boss the next day:

Scene continues with Narayanan being caught by Abhi and Krishnan Saar while being pushed out for sleeping during work hours and causing theft. Abhi shouts at the manager and asks if that is the way to treat elders and look at him, he is so paavam and you dare to reprimand/treat him like this? you should be ashamed of yourself. The manager is undaunted and says he will do what is necessary and who will be patient if a watchman sleeps on the job and allowing people to steal. Abhi again yells and says, let us go to Narayanan. Manager wants his uniform back and Abhi instructs Narayanan to go change and go with her.

They are walking on the street and Abhi is asking Naryanan what is he thinking working like this? He says now that they are paisaless, they are practically in the streets and one has to earn money to feed 4 mouths. (should have said hundreds of mouths - for one Alamelu's mouth is equivalent to 100 atleast). Abhi says, still?, why would you do such a menial job? Narayanan says, there was nothing wrong with the job and then he faints and falls down on the road.

Save the fish!! there is competition out there....

At the hospital, Abhi is anxiously pacing up and down the hall and a doctor comes and informs her that Narayanan is doing better now and then Abhi tells him not to worry abt expenses, her purse will take care of it (Krishan saar winces - well, there goes my next 10 years pay, thinks he). She then tells Krishnan to go to work as there are a lot of pending things to be done there. Krishnan tries to convince her to let him stay (paavam, abhi mattum En vElai paNNaamal irukkaNum, oru naaL naanum dimikki kudukkalamEnnu nenachaar - but andhahO, idhu abhi kitta sellaadhu. only if they work constantly, can she fill her purse and dole out to others) but Abhi pushes him to go back to work and he leaves reluctantly. Abhi resumes pacing and that is when Narayanan's good friend spots her and he battles with his conscience whether to tell Abhi abt Narayanan's terminal illness and he comes and Abhi sees him and asks how come he let UN work there, shouldn't he have stopped and let them all die of starvation? Look where it has brought him. He has become so weak as he is too old to take up such a demanding job. The friend says, that is not it, I have vascillated between keeping up my promise to UN or looking at your insurmountable paasam for UN and ultimately, I have to let you know this. My conscience will not rest if I don't speak up and then Abhi is concerned.

The guy actually sheds about 10 or 12 tears and then tells Abhi that it was not tiredness that pushed UN to the hospital. It is something more serious and there is no way out of it. He says, UN has brain tumor and it is fatal.

STOP..all of you who didn't get to watch this last night take a moment, close your eyes and imagine a big whale being fished out of a whaletank and thrown on the floor...open mouth, close mouth, gasp, open mouth, close mouth, gasp, open, close, gasp......continues for a full 3 minutes. (I really applaud Devayani and TC for allowing her to do lamaze and breathing excercises during this serial. She has wonderfully incorporated this into her day-to-day regimen)...Abhi is devastated and cannot control her tears. She asks, how, why and then he tells her all and how UN hid it from all and even extracted a promise that the friend shd not disclose it to anybody. Abhi just folds.

Beware of your almirah keys and your towels and sarees:

Arthi is trimming nails (would have been more appropriate if they had shown her reading a book titled "Lost opportunities in life - NASA" with another book nearby..."How to survive with a sakkaLathi amicably while her sister looks on" when Lakalaka Kala goes by, spots Arthi, thinks about roly-poly's words (Nalini asking for arthi's saree or towel for mandhirichufying) and then comes and asks Arthi to go for a bath as the nalla thaNNi will cease in a few minutes and Arthi says, ok, I will. She gets up, opens the cupboard with a key, locks it and then looks for something. Kala hands her a towel when she finds out Arthi had been looking for one. - it was in plain sight - As soon as Arthi leaves the koodam, Kala tries to open the door, finds it locked, tries to jimmy it open with her hairpin, finds the key on top, opens and fiddles through the clothes inside. Meanwhile Arthi does a return act, spots Kala rummaging through her stuff, Kala tells her that there is a big rat inside and she heard it scratch, arthi says, big rat? - peruchaLi, Kala says, no just a rat and then Arthi says, 'surprising', Kala asks why she is back, Arthi forgot her dress, takes it, locks the almirah again, goes back. Kala takes something.

Sivaji in the making:

Abhi goes inside the room to see UN and UN is all choked up and then the doctor tells Abhi that he has headaches and says nothing about his previous medical history and only after doing a battery of tests, can a diagnosis be perfomed and gives her a list. Abhi says ok and then UN tells her not to bother, he is as fit as a fiddle (expecting a ticket to Rome?), doctors always try to exhort money for no good reasons, he doesn't need any tests, was just tired after a sleepness night, yadayada...when Abhi just looks at him, tears blanketing her eyes and asks him to stop and says she knows about him now. He says what, I am fine and then she tells him that she knows about his illness and the friend keeps playing Mohana from the back of the screen (maraindhirundhu paarkkum thOzhan). Narayanan questions him with his eyes, Mohana nods yes with tears, UN shrugs with dejection and slides back into bed, Abhi says, why did you hide such an important thing from me? I will make sure you are all right, will bear all expenses, don't worry, etc,.

Future doctors - Don't specialize in one thing - study general medicine and buy different caps..

Abhi is closeted with the chief doctor in his room and says, is there a way out? what is the best treatment plan they can follow, she will take care of the expenses. Chief doc tells her that all if out of their hands now, if he had come during the initial stages, something could have been done like medicines, radiation, surgery but now it is in an advanced stage and there is only the end. Abhi says, no that cannot be, UN is such a nice man and we cannot let him just fade away like that, I will not tolerate it and that is when we see the mysterious other person in the room, none other than the psychiatrist-turned-lover-turned-loony-turned-suiter-turned- pediatrician-turned-oncologist - Dr.Mahesh, (looks like he has been in the room all this time) speak up. (lookslike he dons the appropriate cap at the needed times like a Jack of all specialties) He says, Abhi you are an intelligent, educated woman and as such you should understand that some things cannot be done. We doctors in this hospital want very much to treat all who come in here (with sickness, of course) and are committed to that, so we will do everything in our power to help him but his tumor is really advanced. Abhi goes, ethanai latchangaL aanaalum paravaayillai, I will get the top surgeons/doctors in the city, pay top Rupees, my appa has to live for a long time and guide me. UN is all choked up, now he is the one playing Mohana. (peeking).
...Abhi is concerned....

.....thodarum.....

final piece of advise - applies to me as well: any one of us NRIs who plan to invest in India in like ventures and who are karumis here - rest assured, some puNNiyam is being saved for you by Abhi..she and her likes are safely spending your money for saving lives, doling it out to the needy (like chandra's vaLaikaappu), treating the poor (remember sumathy, amnesia, Kodai/ooty trip?), feeding the hungry (again chandra and chithi) and saving the innocents (usha's parents), etc,. etc,.
Just remember to get a receipt from them for tax purposes.
simi_1 thumbnail
12 Jan 2006

Quick Update

SCene 1

Abhi is on her roadtrip to achieving the top award of AZHUMUNJI queen(wonder why she has to compete with her own mother for this title ), yes this time she has let the ganges flow for Narayanan's illness, & she is begging & pleading with Narayanan to give his consent to getting operated to remove the tumor.

Well some of her reasons are that

- what one thinks as curable, proves to be fatal(kind of like this story line these days),

- & what we think as Fatal proves to be worth the effort(THULS HOPE U LIFT ALL KOLANGALITES FROM OUR CURRENT FROZEN STATE OF MIND ABOUT THIS SHOW)

back to the story line Narayanan looks like still has some time to waste in this show, so decides to agree for the operation.

Scene 2

Kala & ALamelu are at the mantharavadi's place with Arti's sari, so he could put some kind of restriction on arti, alamelu & her devious mind wants to hit Ore Kallula Irandu Mangai, so she asks the Mandram man to include Abhi also in this suniyam deal. M man says then he needs to paid 1000, (Artiiku 500 + abhi iku 500 hehehehe), alamelu makes kala pay for the same. Then man gives them a powder to mix with arit's food, & then he advises alamelu to sprinkle some on abhi whenever she meets her, as alamelu complain pot opens her mouth and keeps going on about how abhi does not live withthem. Havent included their dialogues, as those things bounce of me.

SCene3

Kala & alamelu stop by at a local Kovil , kala asks alamelu as to why stop here, is it to kazhichufy the pavam they are going to do. Alamelu shuts her up, just in time for kala to spot surprise surprise, the REigning queen of Sogam & Azhumunjithanam, Mrs.Karpagam , accompanied by her brother rajendran praying.   Rajendran eyes kala & warns his sister, so they both leave that sannidhi, then they go aroudn to another sannidhi, K & A follow & kala decides to irritate karpagam against alamelus wishes, with some choice dialogues nto worth mentioning, but for the finishing part , which somewhat transaltes to

A: taunting karapagam as how she has a global size poittu, when for all one could know her MR might have left this world 😡 , Karpagam is just about to let her kaveri down , thank god, for rajender who retorts and tells alamelu that listen alamelu, let me tell you in front ofthe gods in this temple, my akka purusan is alive and will one day come back to us, but what garauntee that your super size pottu will stick to you. so you better take care of yourself first.

Alamelu is very furious at hearing this 😡 & she is onher rudra thandavam as to how her purusan will always be right next to her & how dare rajendran talks like this, kala tries to stop her dance,but alamelu drags kalas hand and is very furious at her also ,casue this entire nonsense is due to kala not keeping her tongue under wraps,

screen freezes on alamelus fuming face, which filled my screen, so i had to back off for a moment, in case she jumps right into our living room

Simi Edited by simi_1 - 18 years ago
swash2 thumbnail
January 16, 2006 Monday updt.

Thiruvenkatam aka chithappaa is in a terrace meeting with 3 crooks, his no-good son standing in attendance and chandra eavesdropping conveniently by. Chittappa wants to mint money in a short time and looks like he wants to partner with the 3 in some get-rich-make-it-quick-scam. The three tell him that they have a golden opportunity in selling consumer good products like mixie, TV, etc, to the public half-price and then making money off it. Chitappa is aghast at offering these things at a loss, but they assure him, initially it will look like it is a loss, but then it will instill confidence in people and they will carry the good word to others and then people would start pouring money in multitude and then these owners can dilly-dally shipment and then surundufy all the money and escape when the total is abt 50 lakhs or so. The wasteful son wonders if this is at all possible and they tell him that they have done so many times and again some ponmozhi...mostly, people do fraudulent deals in business but for them, doing fraudulent things IS business. Chandra is horrified...Chitappa says are you sure this would work since I will be sending my son with you all and they guarantee the results. Chitappa is happy and hands them over a briefcase with 10 lakhs and asks them to be careful with the money. Chandra is worried. (ok, Abhikku adutha vElai vandhaachu..no wonder TC made UN postpone his surgery..she needs a month to worry and meddle with Chitappa)

marie light vazhangum kolangaL...break...

Thuppariyum saambu is looking at the medical reports (believe me, the chief oncologist/surgeon has a nose exactly like TS) and tells UN that the surgery could be done that month itself as he has some time available. UN says, why so soon? cant we postpone it by another month? (adhukuLLa either mandaiyai pOttuduvEn or Basker might strike it rich and foot the bill - these thoughts must have been running in his mind, i suppose) Now it is Abhi who has a constipated look (RadhikavOda bayangara pOtti pOdaradhunnu decide paNNitta pOla irukku)...Chief doc looks at multi-doc (crazy doc from ooty) and he says, these things cannot be re-scheduled..this TS is so busy and it is indeed a blessing that he could find some time at all this month and it may be much later before he could visit us here. But UN insists and looks imploringly at AA. Sambu asks what the reason is and UN tells him that the patient having a good mananilai is more important than the convenience of the doctor - isn't it so and Sambu agrees, nods wholeheartedly and says, ok, it so happens i can come next month and we can have it then. AA looks like she wants to get out the chair soon (if you have gotta go, you have gotta go) and says ok with avasthai.
UN nods happily and they walk out and then AA (after a bathroom break) asks UN why he did that.

namakkum oru bathroom break!!

They come out of the building and UN says he wants to spend more time with AA. what if the surgery goes wrong and he is no more? that is also a possibility. So, as such, he wants to spend as much time with Abhi as possible. UN has lost all his chirpiness in his gait/walk and walks in slow motion now. like DIL, like FIL.
Abhi says, why r u talking like this? nothing will happen to you, you will/should live for a long time and then says, she will drop him at home, he refuses, she insists and her mobile phone chirps. looks like she is needed pronto for a meeting and she hesitates to leave UN and so UN says he will accompany her for the meeting and then she can drop him. Off they go to a big hotel and UN offers to wait outside. AA wants him to come in and relax at the reception but he says he wants to kaathu and eventually kavidhai vaangufy....

She meets that Mrs.Rajamani in a conference hall and there, gets praised by Mrs.R. Mrs.R says she liked the thudippu in AA and saw herself in Abhi and thats why she went against her partners' wishes and offered her the contract. All this prelude with a forebode spelt disaster in the making...AA is all smiles. Then Mrs.R drops the bombshell...now there is a problem...The partners are still displeased and they have some internal issues and they want to drop the project!! AA is shocked.....but Mrs.R tells her that she is helpless and she cannot divulge all but they have some serious issues and so, i am sorry. AA seems to hold off her thoughts, does a reverse-Bond imitation (stirred not shaken) and says, OK madam, thanks, I understand and is being looked at with pity and given a big file..
She left UN's x-rays at the hospital with Sambu, i guess.

She walks dejectively out the room and they show Adhi coming down the corridor, he taps Abhi on the shoulder, says, enna madam, appadiyE idinju pOyiruppengaLE and says he knows what transpired and that he was responsible for the other partners' pulling out of the deal. AA just looks at him with disgust and he says, this is not enough, I will not make you come up in life at all, thalaila thattikkittE iruppEn..in fact, I will continue to do so until u go completely into the ground...and then leaves. AA just looks with disgust, say, chee and then climbs down the stairs.

Outside, UN is so cheerful and enquires abt her meeting and if everything went off well. She says it did, and she says it was about the NRI project and he asks her if she finishes it, will she make a lot of money and she assures she will and he says, I have to stay alive to see you grow...(pun intended, i suppose..hopefully, they won't finish him off and make a pregnant woman do oppari)..he looks back at the building and says, you will surely build bigger buildings and I should stay alive to see that and so much feelings, hugging, tears...goes on....
...thodarum...
simi_1 thumbnail
17 jan 2006

Very brief update

- DR mahesh convinces his mom how abhi isthe onefor him

- DR mahes's mom meets abhi's mom & tells her that she is also like her as her husband also left her when dr mahesh was very young & got married to someone else & settled well in the US & today they are somebody in the society and very well settled (dang it there is not one single man in this show who has one wife, incl thusl, who likes abhi but lives with this incorrigble shanthi) 🤢

- She continues to say that she also struggled in life to bring up DR mahesh & that is when Eshwaran sir helped her 🤢

- Through Eshwaran they got to know about abhi & that is when they pursued abhi, but unfortunately abhi is not willing, so she is hoping karpagam can convince abhi, to marry mahesh, who though has several suitors lined up is determined to marry abhi. karpagam in her ever sogam style takes leave

- abhi returns home and shares her bad news abotu losing the contract, anandhi says it is all due to bhaskar who jinxed her inthefirst place when she washeading to get the contract, by attempting to sucidie one leads to the other andrajender & mano suggests that abhi should marry dr mahesh, abhi as expected gets mad and warns people not to talk about this any more and goes inside,

- Adhi brat is having a party at his mOtaimAdi, guest being rekha & her dad, & he asks usha to serve them. Usha jsut goes to serve & adhi asks her wont you ask why we are throwing this party, she does not say anything, he says he is celebratingthe down fall of abhi, he taunts usha, who just smiles ( really awesome, rubbing salt into adhi was perfect), this irkes adhi and he yells at her again and says how dare she smiles, ushas says i feel sorry for you , cause abhi is like a phoneix bird, she will rise fromthe ashes, this is just the down period for abhi, soonshe will be back up again ,we will see what happens then, cause this is just a temporary set back.

Abhi asathu, is yelling again as to how dare she insults him, kanch & co looking, then minister muttal speaks saying it is ok adhi, usha, shuts the minister up sayin who are you to interfere in our personal lives & talks, then rekhas says some nonsense, & usha shuts her up 2, as to who in the world is she to come speak inthemiddle, adhi says she is my partner, usha says maybe that is inthe business not at home, so you better leave it at that, rekah leaves, adhi tries to hold her to stop, 🤢 , minister follows, and adhi cannto stop anything, kanch leaves

adhis 2 good brother , sis pair watch usha, who has a very agitated, & thinking expression on her face. I HOPE USHA IS IN HER ORIGINAL SMART FORM AGAIN & DOES NOT GIVE INTO THIS DUMB ADHI

if i have missed anything someone please fill in

till tomorrow
Edited by simi_1 - 18 years ago