Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rolzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Just Saw Rockstar... Ranbir and ARR just AweZzzome!!!! Ranbir is soo talented and soo convincing as a rockstar!!! I have become a huge fan!!!
Story, dialogues, lead actress..all bullshist!!!!!

Nargis is sooo pathetic in the movies with her baaad dialogue delivery and duck lips!!! Yuck!!!
🤢
Why Bollywood is soo obsessed with firangi imports!!
Is there a dearth of talent in India??
I though I saw the worst with Kat, but Oh boy was I wrong!!!
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
So I watched it again yest with my brothers and none of them liked it...
I couldnt stop crying at Nadaan parindey 😭 and they kinda started laughing watching me 😆
I was actually expecting them to like it being a guy but they didnt like it at all specially because the character of Ranbir fantasizes about a married woman and its unethical but I dont know why I couldn't help but feel terrible for Jordan and Heer...
and after seeing it again I now feel ke Nargis was terrible...🤔
Imtiaz did a very big mistake there casting her as it was such an intense love story...why so much obsession with Firangis yaar??
we have such beautiful ladies here who can actually ACT...

anyways Ranbir was the star of the film throughout with terrific music score...so I guess it was worth seeing second time just for these reasons !! 
Healer. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Firstly, i went to this movie with almost 0 expectations, i am not a Ranbir fan, and did not have much hopes from Nargis too. But then i came out of the hall pretty much, infact a LOT impressed!!! i mean it managed to have a huge impact. it depressed me. but beautiful. last scene esp. Kudos to imtiaz for coming out of his comfort zone and trying this.
 *spoiler alert*
I like how they show JJs tranformation to jordan. Slowly. initial scenes mein there one scene, where JJ is trying to figure out wat issues does he have with life, so tat he can feel the apparent pain 😆, he had family, a good life, friends everything. but by the end, he loses everything. how a simple middle class guy, loses it, feels the pain, and goes all berserk. and its NOT his fault. its all situations, tat leads to this. his family initially, and later Heer.
Jordan and Heer's relationship. very complex. had to be handled carefully. people might not be comfortable with the extra marital angle. But the complexity is shown in a disturbing manner. esp Heer's. she's drowning in guilt on cheating her husband YET not able to leave Jordan! it becomes more intense after she asks jordan to leave, and he does and she gets the disease. from there onwards both are obsessed in love.
Jordan becomes reckless, berserk, intolerant. and ppl cash and bank on it. SAD. Ranbir Kapoor take a bow! AMAZING he is showing his angst! the congestion inside him. his dream comes true but he is not happy.
Picturization of Sadda Haq is amazing. i mainly went to watch this song on big screen initially 😆. this song is one revolution. Ranbir. Ranbir. Ranbir. he is amazing!
But the film gets it worth in the end. when Heer is in dead bed. Jordan visits her. sees everything is going to end. and goes out through the curses. nandaan parindey sequence onwards. SO POIGNANT! and finally tum ho...to signify her death. AMAZING IMTIAZ ALI!

Performances : RANBIR RANBIR RANBIR RANBIR!!!!! Award winning performance! amazing! amazing! amazing! Nargis was good for her first movie. not as bad ppl were thinking she would be. and ofcourse the film is incomplete without the mention of A.R Rehman and Mohit Chauhan! they help in weaving the soul of this movie.

4 star.
Nihariikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Not bad! Liked the movie!

I didnt had much expectations seeing the promo's and the music!( though i liked sadda haq...just the guitar part)
But the music went well with the scenes!

Chemistry between JJ and Heer was HOT!!

and Ranbir totally lived in the character! This movie will be remembered forever in his good books i guess!

But the ending made me sad! trajedy!  :(
Edited by NiHa24 - 12 years ago
she_ratchet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i went to watch it again- I CRIEDD :( so bad at the end 💔 I LOVE THIS MOVIEEE! and the song katiya karoon- makes me smile like anything <3
THIS MOVIE IS EPICCC.
Cant wait 2 watch it again 😍
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Rockstar Week One Territorial Breakdown

Monday 21st Novem 2011 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Rockstar grossed 47.50 crore nett approx in week one. The first week distributor share is 25.25 crore approx. Below is the first week territorial breakdown of the film.

Mumbai/Thane - 8.96 crore

Gujarat - 4.03 crore

Saurashtra - 89 lakhs

Maharashtra - 3.29 crore

N Karnataka/Goa - 42 lakhs

Mumbai Circuit - 17.59 crore

Delhi City - 6.08 crore

Delhi/UP -  10.67 crore

East Punjab - 5.16 crore

West Bengal - 2.08 crore

Bihar - 67 lakhs

CP Berar - 1.98 crore

CI - 1.66 crore

Rajasthan - 2.71 crore

Nizam/Andhra - 1.88 crore

Mysore - 2.21 crore

Others - 85 lakhs

TOTAL - 47.46 crore

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Rockstar underperforming overseas..has added to its difficulties in emerging a winner..

Originally posted by: you2

Rockstar underperforming overseas..has added to its difficulties in emerging a winner..

Noone beat overseas King SRK ❤️
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
awwwee Eraser 🤗