Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nina90 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: littlemoi

omg wht a twist to the story!!

wow.. shyam is khushi's brother.. interesting!!
love the fact tht arhi's path is clear!
and btw i noticed how i am on your pm list.. but didnt get a pm from chapter 4 and missed all the updates!!
i hope i dont sound demanding... but.. plzz plzz plzz send me a pm when you update the next time!!
plzzz
im totally hooked on this ff!!

Thanks for the comments!!!!!

Sorry, I'll Pm you from this one; must have been my carelessness. Sorry!

Not at all and I'm glad you like the ff :)
Nina90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shybabe

Shyamji is Khushi's brother ...Whoa! thats a new twist...more quickly please...very nice one darling...šŸ‘šŸ¼

Thank you! Update coming up :)

Originally posted by: meenaluma

i liked the ff pls add me 2 pm list

Thanks! Added!

Thanks!

Originally posted by: ytanuja

wow what a twist, interesting.

Thank you!

Originally posted by: Honkytonk

Wow...and so the plot thickens!!!!!!  Can't wait for the next chapter...wonder if there's anymore revelations!!!

There might be more, though not for a little while :)

Nina90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Smileyface

ohmigosh! WHAT A TWIST!! u made shyam her brother?!?!?!? that is like the funniest and most amazing thing ever! hahaha!

this update was so good! i loved the length of it =D i dunno why u were warning us about it...as if its a bad thing hahaahaha! By this u are just spoiling us and making us want more =D

I wonder why he didn't come home...he should have! and aww i love anjali she is so sweet! im glad she wont find out about Shyam..would hate to see her upset! that is like the only thing im not looking forward to in the actual show...its gonna be so sad seeing her hurt.

hahah i loved how they both started arguing again while telling anjali the story! they are like 2 little kids hahaah

But again...great job!! i hope shyam changes for the better. Looking forward to the next parT! khushi ignoring arnav...lol but ofcourse he always gets his way =D looking forward to some awesome arhi scenes!

thanks for the pm =) continue soon!

hershi

Its nice to dream that everything will end well, na?

I tend to run away with the words when I get into writing the chapter and I don't check the word count until the end. I just didn't want to freak everyone out!

Oh, I'm afraid she will know, later; I don't want to make her as a wallflower witnessing Arhi; she'll have her own twist :) But yeah, everytime Shyam comes closer to being discovered, I worry for her

That's exactly what I envisioned them as, actually :) Bickering like an old married couple :)

Thanks; he will. ASR always does, but its almost always for KKG's benefit :)

Thanks for the comments!
Nina90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinkpearlz

what a twist! so this is all that lead up to this. their argument in front of anjali was adorable. very nice. thx for the pm. For a moment i thot Arnav was referring to khushi due to the sindoor he had mistakenly placed on her forehead by mistake. What about that they are just take it as a mistake only? very nice update. Thanks for the pm.

Yeah, a major turning point in the story, if I do say so myself :) It will rest just like the Teej incident and the Dupatta one; always a silent indication :)

Thanks for the comments!

Originally posted by: Arhi-Sarun

wow, what a twist...Shyam is Khushi's brother...great update...please continue soon 

Thank you!

Originally posted by: moon_mine

shyam's khushi's bro!!!!
interesting!!!!

Thanks!
Nina90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FebruaryFlower

Loved the twist Nina!!

A fab update.
I loved the way Arnav called Khushi, Anjali's sister in law...šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Looking forward to the next part.
Thanks for the PM!!
šŸ˜Š

Thanks for the comments!

Originally posted by: newfoundlove

lovely story, just started.

please add me to your pm list, plz

Thanks for reading!
Added :)
Nina90 thumbnail

A/n: Here begins the Arhi chapters; sorry if this one's a bit draggy! Any comments you have to say are welcome!

Chapter 9: A Gift; A Beginning

It had been almost a week since the incident, but Khushi still had dreams about it. They had started out as nightmares; Shyam marrying her, Arnav blaming her for spoiling Anjaliji's life, the scenarios her subconscious came up with were numerous but they had faded out and now the dreams had taken a pleasant turn. Or maybe pleasant wasn't the right word; dangerous was more like it, Khushi thought as she woke up, smile and confusion mixing with the tension she was feeling. It had been the same scene again; Arnav asking her to marry him. But oddly, they were standing by the poolside at Shantivan; it was night and the stars seemed to shine like bright lights. Arnav took her hand in his and with a look that was so filled with love that she could barely stop herself from looking away, he asked her to marry him, in his soft baritone voice. Rose petals started to rain on them. Khushi gasped in surprise; and woke up in her room, baffled.

Him asking you to marry him has just affected you too much, Khushi she muttered under her breath. Stop thinking about him and you'll be fine she advised to herself as she went to get ready. The past days had been torturous for her; she had nothing to do at home because her Amma and Payal took care of everything. She had spent the first few days talking with her Bauji but she became restless. Buaji told her that it was all because she had been working for so long; Khushi had then had the idea to look for another job. Buaji hadn't been happy, but Khushi had argued that someone needed to earn for the family and since she had experience, she would easily get a job.

Which wasn't that easy; as she found later. She had been searching for a whole of five days, looking through every newspaper possible but she was yet to spot a job that she could do with her qualification. Sending a silent prayer to Devi Maiyya asking her to show the way ahead, Khushi got ready for the day. As she was finishing wearing her jhumka, Khushi heard some commotion in the drawing room and thought she heard a few familiar voices. Standing up to see who it was, Khushi passed by the window and stopped; because stood a little distance away was an SUV she had traveled in too many times; a vehicle she been thrown out of more times than she could count.

What is Arnavji's vehicle doing here? Is the vehicle really here or is my mind playing tricks on me again? Khushi wondered, staring at the vehicle as if willing it to disappear. The windows of the car were all closed so she couldn't figure out if anyone was in it. Maybe it has come for service at Happyji's garage she thought and the reasoning satisfying her, Khushi turned back to the sound that had caught her attention.

Payal entered the room just then, her face flustered. Khushi rushed to her sister, mistaking the disturbed expression on her face to mean something bad, "What happened Jiji? Is Bauji alright? What was the noise outside?"

Seeing Khushi's panicked expression, Payal calmed herself down. With an expression on her face that was half smile half doubt, she said, "Anjaliji has come, so has Shyamji. They'veā€¦ they want you to visit with them for a few days."

"What? Visit? Anjaliji? Likeā€¦ at Shantivan?" Khushi asked, her mind jumping to the most obvious problem: How could she live with being in the presence of Arnavji 24x7? These occasional meetings were difficult enough as it were and left her feeling tensed and ruffled. To live in the same house as himā€¦

"Khushi? Khushi? Where are you?" Payal's insistent voice brought her to reality and Khushi looked at Payal with panic written plainly on her face.

"Jiji, how can I live there? I... I can't. Not withā€¦ not with Arnavji, I meanā€¦ Mamiji and all the others thereā€¦" Khushi asked in a pleading voice, as if the decision was solely in her sister's hands.

Payal held Khushi's hands reassuringly and said, "Don't worry, Khushi. Its only for a week or so; till Diwali, I think. And even so, you would want to live with your brother and his wife and their family for a little while, right?" Seeing Khushi's unconvinced expression, Payal added, "And if you don't like it there, you know you can come back here whenever you want. We are just a phone call away."

"Jiji, is there any way out of this?" Khushi asked desperately; she had never lived anywhere without at least one of her family members around. To know that she would be all alone, in that big house that she tended to get lost in with surprising frequency, with so many strangers made her heart skip beats in fear.

"Bauji doesn't want to send you away from him; Amma and Buaji were totally against it at first too but Anjaliji has managed to convince everyone. Even Amma has started to like her; and Buaji trusts Shyamji to look after you and he is your brother tooā€¦"

"Khushi cut Payal off here, "Jiji, I only have one sister, and that is you. I don't have any brothers." Payal had never heard Khushi speak so sharply; placing a hand on her shoulder, she asked, "Khushi, I understand how you feel. To know that the one who might have married is your brother should be hard to accept, butā€¦"

"Jiji, I never thought of Shyamji that way; I never could. Its not that. I'm justā€¦" Khushi walked away from where Payal was standing and towards the window, her eyes immediately seeking out the SUV, which was missing. Khushi was now sure that she had been hallucinating; as she was chiding herself, Payal spoke, "Is it Arnav Singh Raizada you are worried about, Khushi?"

"Jiji?" Khushi asked, panicking for a moment that her sister had found out the confusion raging in her. Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, Payal said, "Don't worry, Khushi, he won't dare to trouble you right under Anjaliji and Shyamji's eyes, would he? Either way, you're going to be at Shantivan and he'll be at his office; you might not even meet him that much. Don't worry," Sighing in relief that Payal was still blissfully ignorant, Khushi smiled for her sake and went into the drawing room with Payal.

"Khushi!" Anjali's face brightened as she saw her and she walked to where she was standing, clutching her hands warmly in her own. "I'm so happy you're going to live with us; I've already arranged it with your Bauji so that you can celebrate Diwali with both your families." Seeing the confusion on Khushi's face, Anjali explained, "I thought that you might want to celebrate Diwali with everyone so I invited them to Shantivan for Diwali."

Khushi smiled, wondering how her parents had agreed this quickly; but then, who could know Anjaliji's convincing capability better than her, who was the most frequent recipient? Seeing Anjali's smile falter, Khushi replied, "Thanks, Anjaliji. It amazes me that you manage to think about everyone's wishes."

"It's all selfish; I just want my Bhaā€¦ Nanand in my house, nothing more," Anjali replied, the smile more prominent on her face. She saw Shyam smile at Anjali's words and shake his head ruefully; not understanding what was going on between the two and thinking that it was none of her business, Khushi smiled before she said, "I'll come as soon as I can get ready, Anjaliji."

"Ah, ah, ah. I'm not leaving you like that; I'll help you pack and you come along with me," Khushi who was shocked to hear that she would be leaving immediately, looked to her father. He nodded to her, calling her to him.

"Bauji? You're chasing me away?" she asked in a choked voice, a sudden sense of desertion filing her as she leaned on his shoulders. Anjali, seeing Khushi's panic, wondered if she was doing the right thing. She turned to Shyam who nodded his head in a reassuring manner. Anjali nodded, waiting for Khushi's father to console her.

"Khushi, do you think I ever could do that? You're the apple of my eye; you are the one who brought happiness in my life, in the whole family. How could you ever think like this, child? Butā€¦" Buaji looked at Khushi's pouting face and chuckled, "Don't give me that expression, Khushi. Shyamji and Anjali are also your family now and it is only natural that they want to spend some time with you. They care a lot about you, Khushi; you should be happy that you have them to take care of you if anything ever happens to me..." Khushi covered Bauji's mouth quickly, shaking her head in a no.

"You will live for a hundred years, Bauji. You have to; I can'tā€¦" Shashiji patted Khushi's head comfortingly, smiling. After Khushi's trepidation had subsided, he said, "Go get ready."

All the while giving her father moping looks, Khushi went into her room with Payal and Anjali, who had offered to help her pack. Khushi's eyes turned towards the window instinctively and the SUV was back, confusing her further. Was she dreaming now, or was she hallucinating before when she hadn't seen the SUV there. As she was turning it over in her mind, the driver side door opened and Arnav got out, talking furiously under his breath on his Bluetooth. Her suspicions confirmed, Khushi took a step inside the room when he looked up and met her eyes.

Khushi could see even from here that he was dismissing the caller urgently. Finished with the call, he turned so he was directly facing her through the window. Khushi could clearly see him calling her, trying to tell her to step out of the house to meet him but she ignored him. She knew what he was going to say and had no wish to hear it. Seeing him turn his attention back to his phone, Khushi breathed in relief.

Anjali, who had been speaking on the phone with someone came near Khushi and said, "Khushi, Chote asked me to tell you to meet him outside." Khushi groaned and glared out the window; he just always had to get his way, didn't he? Throwing her hands up in the air, Khushi walked out of the house, intent on giving Arnav a fair piece of her mind.

XXX

"What was the need to call Anjaliji and make me come out? Do you have any idea what it will seem like to everyone else? Do you ever think of anyone other than yourself? What if they think something or the other? We already have enough problems raging without you adding fuel to the fire too! Speaking of problems, couldn't you have avoided this entire fiasco? Couldn't you have said something like, I dunno, "this is my home you can't bring strangers into it?" Isn't that your standard words? Why did you have to let Anjaliji go through this? We both know you hate seeing me! You've told me time and time again that all you want is to throw me out of your life and I completely reciprocate the feeling. Then why couldn't you power your hatred towards me to stop this scheme? I know you're upset with my coming to Shantivan but if you ever think you can get off with blaming this on me too, you've got something wrong. Its you that has let this get to this much and you will have to face the consequences. I'll not let myself be treated like a puppet this time over. Iā€¦" Khushi went on a very long and winding rant, uncaring if he was listening or not; all she cared about was that she needed to shout at someone and Arnav just happened to be the one who made her snap finally.

"Khushiā€¦ Khushiā€¦ ENOUGH!" Arnav yelled, finally having had enough of her rant. Khushi cut off, startled by his outburst into silence. She looked at him, worried that he'd yell at her in the middle of the street, only then noticing where they were standing.

Taking a deep breath, Arnav said, "Khushi, listen; I tried my best to stop Di. She just wouldn't listen to me and you know pretty well what happened when I pulled that 'My house' card last time. It ended up with me listening to your idea and searching for her, visiting temple after temple," Arnav finished snappily and Khushi flinched at the sharp tone. It wasn't anything new to her, Arnav's temper, but she had gotten too used to the slightly subdued side of him so his returning to normal hurt her worse.

"We did find her at last," Khushi retorted and Arnav, having nothing to say to that, continued, "I'm not going to blame you for anything, okay? Will you at least let me talk before you make up your own imaginations and yell at me for something I haven't even done yet?"

Silence reigned between the two as they collected their thoughts; Khushi, feeling guilty, spoke first. "I'm sorry, Arnavji; its just that everything is changing so suddenly and I feel like the world has been pulled out from beneath me. Iā€¦ I can't just suddenly make myself think of Shyamji as my brother and Anjaliji as my Bhabhi andā€¦ its just too soon and now I'm being carted off to live with them. No-one seems to even care about what I want and I can'tā€¦" Unable to voice her thoughts any longer, Khushi looked down, letting only the ground see the unshed tears. Her throat was choked and she was left helpless, unwilling to show anyone that anything was affecting her; especially not Arnav. She knew he thought her a crybaby; she had seen his demeanor soften when she shed tears. As advantageous as it was, Khushi felt oddly as if she was manipulating him everytime she cried in his presence and tried to control the tears whenever he was around. Though it didn't help that in most cases, he was the very cause for her tears.

Arnav watched as the real reason for her getting worked up came out; he had suspected as much. He knew there was more to her temper than just his actions; after all, everyone in both their families knew they had a bad history. It wasn't as if she was a complete stranger to him. He waited until she ran out of steam, not interrupting her at all. He knew she needed to get it out of her system or she'd never be able to face what was to come with the innate strength that he had always observed resided within her. Feeling a little awkward, but wanting to comfort her, Arnav took a few steps, crossing the short distance that lay between them.

Placing a hand uneasily on her head, he called her name softly. The sudden touch breaking her more than comforting her, Khushi finally looked up with tears in her eyes; they still hadn't crossed her eyes, but Arnav knew it was only a matter of time before she began crying in earnest. Wishing to avoid those precious drops of moisture that had somehow gained the power to melt him, Arnav spoke reassuringly, "Everything will be alright, Khushi. You have no reason to fear; weā€¦ I mean, Anjaliji and Jijaji aren't new people to you and even so, its only going to be for around a fortnight. It will go by in a flash and you'll be back with your family. It will be fine, trust me."

Khushi nodded tearfully, a slight smile gracing her lips and a spark of the usual twinkle appearing in her eyes. Her smile widened as she unexpectedly threw her arms around his torso and hugged him tightly, showing her gratitude in the way she knew best.

Arnav stepped back at the sudden hug; no-one had hugged him except for his Di and Lavanya and even among them, he had hardly counted Lavanya's. Either way, he had never felt the need to hug someone as desperately, because he knew she needed his support right then. But Khushi's mind was faster than Arnav's heart and she pulled back just as suddenly, pushing a fringe of her hair behind her ear in a gesture that bespoke her embarrassment plainly.

Arnav didn't know what to think; he seriously doubted that his brain had gone and hid itself in his car's dashboard where he had keptā€¦ recollecting the reason for his calling her, Arnav said, "If you're done with the dramatics, can I tell you what I called you for?"

Khushi, who had been looking somewhere above his right shoulder, whispered, "Sorry."

"What?" Arnav's slightly confused voice caught up to her and she pointed a finger at his coat, saying, "I spoiled it; sorry."

Looking down, he saw the place where her tears had landed on his coat; he shrugged, "Its nothing."

"You were about to say something?" Khushi reminded him and Arnav nodded, "About the telecast, I've arranged for it to be stopped."

"But why?" Khushi asked swiftly; realizing how her words sounded, she amended, "I mean, you said it would cause a lot of rumors aboutā€¦"

"Yes, if you were a stranger. Now you are a relative to the Raizada family and that should shut their mouths up. And since no member of the family is ever interviewed, you won't be bothered for a statement. Even if they try to reach you, you'll be safely at Shantivan and all this will subside before Diwali," Arnav explained, making Khushi wonder. Seeing her shocked expression, Arnav said, "Ever heard of making the most of a bad situation, Khushi?"

Khushi nodded mutely, not even thinking about thanking him; not that Arnav seemed to expect it. She turned to leave when Arnav called her back, "Khushi, another thingā€¦"

Looking back, Khushi waited while Arnav went back to the car to retrieve something from it. "Thisā€¦ its for you," in his hand was a box that housed a cellphone.

Raising her eyebrows in silent question, Khushi said, "I can't take things like that, Arnavji; you know this."

Arnav seemed to hesitate for a minute before he spoke, "This isā€¦ Di got this for you; as a present. Something about getting something essential for her Nanand; she forgot it in the car."

"Even so, Arnavji, I can't take it. No matter who it is from, it is an expensive gift andā€¦"

"And it will hurt Di if you don't take it. You know how she always gets her way; you'd better take it and be done with it," Seeing Khushi hesitate still, Arnav said, "If its any better, consider this as the payment for the few days you worked at AR and for that photoshoot."

Seeing no way out, Khushi nodded, taking the box from him, careful not to let his finger touch hers. She had had enough of that on Teej day. Thinking about Teej reminded her of the Pooja, her fast, Arnav breaking it, the Dupatta falling on her head, the Sindoor on her foreheadā€¦ what were you trying to tell me, Devi Maiyya? Will you marry me Khushi?

The incidents running through her mind, Khushi closed her eyes in a vain attempt to block out the images. No use; they still haunted her and it was a hundred times worse when the object of her thoughts was standing a few feet from her. Opening her eyes, she said, "I'll go give this to Anjaliji so that she can give it to me properly; she'll be happy that I'm taking it, right?"

"No, Khushi, wait," Arnav's insistent tone stopped her. Turning once again, Khushi waited for Arnav to explain. When he just remained silent, she prodded, "What is it, Arnavji?"

"I think Di had thought to give it to you in private. If you tell her now, it will be before the whole family and she'll feel awkward," Khushi couldn't understand what Arnav was saying but thinking that he knew more about Anjaliji's reaction than she did, she nodded.

Unaware of Arnav letting out a sigh of relief behind her back, Khushi went back inside and stealthily placed the box in her bag, closing it before anyone could notice. Everything being ready, Khushi said her farewell to her family.

Arnav, who had had to watch the entire scene, rolled his eyes; it was as if she was being deported and would never see them again. Khushi went to get in the back seat when Anjali stopped her with a hand on her shoulder.

"Could you sit in the front seat, Khushi? My feet is better suited for the backseat and your brother needs to help me," Khushi nodded with an understanding smile and got in the front seat, putting on the seatbelt with a familiarity that didn't go unnoticed by Anjali. She knew that Khushi had never traveled by car before; she had learnt a lot about Khushi when she had worked at Shantivan but apparently, Khushi had hid this from her.

So this isn't the first time Khushi is traveling in Chote's car? Of course there were the Janmashtami and Rakshabandan incidents butā€¦ Anjali smiled to herself, well pleased with the plan she had set in motion.

A/n: Hope I didn't spoil your weekend with this crappy chapter!

Precap:

"Arnavji? Arnavji did you fall asleep?" Khushi placed a hand on his shoulder and he began sliding down.

"Arnavji?" Khushi's voice filled with panic as she looked at a pale white faced Arnav; he was unconscious. Khushi wondered how long he had been this way and what had caused it. She knew he had taken breakfast so it couldn't be from exhaustion.

The cup on the table catching her eye, Khushi lifted it to her lips and took a sip of the coffee. Who added this much sugar to the coffee? Khushi wondered, realizing the reason for Arnav's faintingā€¦

meenaluma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice part but i didnt got pm for this part
farhacassim thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Loved the update...eagerly awaiting the next part, looks very interesting.
the_rain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Hi Nina, 

Very interesting FF, liked reading through it very much. You've got the right amount of twists and turns. I liked the fresh concept of introducing Shyam as Khushi's brother rather than a psycho l***ing after her. Good one, really made the story more interesting.

Now Khushi would be staying at Shantivan with the Raizadas, I can feel sparks are going to fly soon. But the precap is making me worried, something is wrong with Arnav. Will be looking forward to your update.

Thanks for the PMs dear, and keep PMing me, otherwise I'd probably never find it again and I really want to keep reading it...

Good job!

shaheerdiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Nina ... I wudnt call it crappy at all ...it was too gud ...so now wid Khushi cuming to live in RM n Anjali playing cupid  ...we'll probably have lots of ARHI scenes frm here on ..cant wait for it ..thanks for d pm ...pls update soon šŸ˜ƒ