Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
plz can   we get a update 😊😊😊
bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: optimism

plz can   we get a update 😊😊😊

not ready yet ...had to take the afternoon off...will give it either late night or early morn 2morrow...
Speechless thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Waiting...
bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

PART 29

30. The Wedding Night.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Geet's lehanga

She stood in front of the mirror in his room. a beautiful stranger looked back at her, in bridal attire adorned with jewelery ...she was Mrs. Maan Singh Khurana. She looked a perfect bride to everyone's eyes, but her's. To her she was as fake as the mehandi tattooes that Sam's beautician friend had placed on her hands, a substitute for the real one. Everybody was so happy, even Annie had called with complaints that she couldn't attend the ceremony. But she was so sweet about, calling her babhi even before the wedding.

She sighed and moved towards the bed. It was not decorated because she had made Maan insist on it. But there were scented candles lighted to fill the room with fragrance and light. Would Maan expect her to sit on the bed and wait for him like a typical bride? The thought troubled her and she moved away from the bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudr found Sameera checking the watch repeatedly and impatiently. The wedding was over and so was the special dinner. He saw her move towards Daadi.

"Daadi could you arrange for the driver to drop me?  My car hasn't come back from Aashna's home."

"Let me just see if he has come back from..."

"Problem, Sam?" Rudr joined them.

" Ma's has been messaging...I had told her I'll be back before 10. and my car has not come yet."

" I'll take you if you don't mind."

"Okay...l'll just say my bye..."

As they drove to Sameera's home Rudr observed Sam. She looked genuinely happy. It was strange regarding the gossips he had heard linking Sam and Maan. It would be an embarrassing situation for Sam and her family, when her friends and colleagues came to know Maan had married someone else.

"You know I admire you..." the words broke out in spite of his reluctance to talk about the issue.

"Excuse me?"

" I'm sorry I was just talking aloud...but the words are true, I do admire you."

" Trying your charm on me, Mr. Rathode?" she asked with a slight tilt of her face.

"No, just thinking aloud. You are a good friend Miss. Kashyap"

"Because I attended Maan's wedding? "

"Not just that, you became the bride's maid. You helped make the wedding, though simple, a memorable one for Chotu."

" Knowing what she had been thru' in the past it is difficult not to feel protective towards her, na Rudr? And you did your part too, becoming the brother she never had, being the one to give her away."

Rudr thought back to the moment when panditji had asked who was going to give the bride away (kanyadaan) and he saw Geet's eyes rest on him. It didn't take him a second to put down his camera and do the honours. Yes Geet had become his friend, his little sister,much more than someone who had made his sister happy during her last days.

"But I had nothing at stake..."

"So you have been listening to gossip..." Sam laughed. "Actually more than us, I feel it is those who were around us who were waiting for Maan to marry me!"

"Are you telling me there was no truth in it?" his voice was mocking.

"Did I say that? Of course our families were thinking about it since the last 15 years and Maan too, recently after Dev's death." Then she added "Sorry!"

"It's all right. I've almost adjusted myself to my loss. I came here with the intention of fulfilling Tara's wish...she wanted me to marry Geet."

"Oh!"

"It didn't take me more than a couple of days to find out that she was in love with Maan. Geet was the first one to tell me that Maan was going to marry you."

"Oh my god you are telling me Geet knew about the proposal?"

"Yes and little mamma asked me to stay clear of you because you belonged to her Maan sir!" he said with a smile.

"And is that why you never flirted with me? I did wonder about that!" Sam told a teasing smile flirting across her lips.

"You mean you missed me flirting?" Rudr laughed out aloud.

"Of course! How wouldn't I, when you never missed a chance to flirt with all the ladies. I particularly remember a few interesting lines you have dished out... so I wondered why I was getting the preferential treatment."

" You mean you were worried there was something wrong with you!" he teased.

" I mean, I wondered if you were scared of me! Some men are scared of successful women."

"I'm not." He saw that they had reached. He got out to open the door for her. "And to prove that, why don't I take you to dinner tomorrow?"

"I don't go out to dinner to prove something!"

"Okay then you can go to dinner with me to enjoy my flirting and I will take you to dinner to show I'm not scared of your success!"

"My god Rudr, you are making my head spin." Sam said as she began to walk away.

"If it is already spinning I guess it wouldn't matter!" He said as he pulled her back into his arms. Holding her in the circle of his arms he asked, "Miss. Kashyap would you have dinner with me tomorrow?"

"I'll think about it." she said refusing to give in easily.

"Okay!" he said letting her go. "Goodnight then."

"Okay? Good night?" she muttered, disappointed that he didn't press. "Good night" she replied louder and then walked away in a huff.

"You look cute when you are piqued Miss. Kashyap!" called out the voice filled with amusement. "I'll wait for your reply."

She just squared her shoulder and walked on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had never imagined so much could be accomplished in so little time. The ceremony, though a private one was so beautiful, she felt as if she was living a dream. But it was real, a reality that surpassed even the most wonderful imaginations, because she had never believed a day would come when she would be some one's bride. All those dreams were ripped to shreds, the night before she was to leave HP, to begin a new life for her mother and herself. Trying to reassemble the picture of her life back from the broken pieces, she never bothered to look for the pieces that had images of her being a bride, a wife any man would be proud of. That part was ruined for ever...yet Babaji had given her a gift of borrowed time, to live her dream for a year. She wished with all her heart that she could be his real bride, his real wife, that she could be perfect for him.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Maan's sherwani

She had been reluctant to look at him at first, when she sat down beside him for the rites. She was afraid that she wouldn't be able to conceal the love for him, a love so intense that she could feel it in the rapid beat of her heart, in the blood that flowed thru' her veins. She was afraid to look at him lest he should read it in her eyes. So she had kept her eyes down once she was near him after taking her fill of his handsome face while she approached him. He looked like a prince as majestic and arrogant. A  slow smile had spread across his lips as he saw her and appreciation had widened his eyes. Then she had looked down, like a shy bride who couldn't meet her groom's eyes. Seated beside him doubts had assailed her again, a panic whether she was doing the right by him. Was she not being selfish, tying him to a relation that would be a burden to him? She had almost decided to get up and say that she couldn't go thru' with this. Then he had reached across and placed his hand over hers where they were twitching on her bend knees. She looked at him and was captured by by the intensity of his eyes. The eyes filled with determination and confidence, tenderness and care. He had squeezed her hand in reassurance. But she was so lost in his eyes that she would happily have walked off the cliff. Holding on to those eyes that never left hers, she just followed where he led, holding his hand when he asked for it. She knew she was being fanciful but she could almost belief she saw a reflection of love in his eyes. Something that she had a vague memory of seeing in her baba's eyes for her ma...but how could that be...no she didn't..."

The sound of the door opening, send a wave of panic. She turned to see Maan enter the room and close the door behind him. She looked away before Maan could catch her eyes on him. To give the impression that she was not scared she thought she should do something...what could it be that would keep her so occupied that she couldn't even look at him? Aha! She quickly pushed away her Ghoongat and started to remove her jewelery. From the corner of her eyes she could see Maan walking towards her. She moved her hands towards her ears, to remove the heavy earring. As he moved to stand behind her, she was sure he could hear the loud banging of her heart. She bit her lip to stop it from trembling.

Maan could feel the tension that radiated from her. Her hands were trembling so much that she couldn't do the simple act of removing her earring.

"May I help you?" he asked softly as he raised his hands towards her ear.

He saw her eyes lift to look at him in the mirror. His eyes were irresistibly held by their reflection ...they looked so perfect together...

"You look so beautiful today, Geet..." he said softly as he touched her ear to remove her earring. His touch send goose bumps down her arms. His breath fanned the loose tendrils of hair and tickled her ears as he moved to remove the other earring. Her hand tightened its grip on her lehenga, as unknown new sensations poured in.

He moved behind her again and shifted her hair to unclasp the necklace. The brush of his hand drew a sharp breath from her and she closed her eyes as if trying to break contact with him. Maan's gaze was drawn to their reflection again and found her eyes closed. He was mesmerized by his blushing bride, with her eyes down cast, her hands gripping her lehanga in a tight fist, her breathing hitched. His nearness did not leave her unaffected but how much of it was love and how much due to panic?

Moving to stand in frond of her, he removed her maang tikka to reveal the sindoor that claimed her as his. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead gently and then her closed eyelids. He moved away slightly and she opened her eyes. They were as enticing as melting chocolate, which invited you to taste their feel on your fingertips. He trailed a finger down her cheek and said in a soft voice,

"I'll just have a shower and you can have the room to yourself to change comfortably. Knock on the door when you are ready."

He insisted on sleeping on the sofa, much to Geet's protest.

"But Maan it is too short for you ..."

"So, I'll bend my leg a bit. But you are sleeping on the bed."

"But Maan it is the right size for me.."

"No arguments...both of you are sleeping on the bed."

"Both..." she began before she caught on and gave him a smile that took his breath away. She then touched her stomach and said, "Shonu says he wants papa to sleep on the bed."

"Really? But my Sona will be tired without space to stretch her legs!"

"Maan ..."

"No arguments... This way the majority takes the bed."

Sleep came later than usual for Maan because he kept listening to her movements in the bed. Finally it was the gentle rhythm of her breath that lulled him to sleep only to wake up hearing her shout.

"No..." she shouted. "no ...don't hurt him"  she was thrashing around as she whimpered. Maan moved towards her quickly and was about to awaken her when she screamed, "Maan..." and started to cry in earnest.

"Geet! Wake up!" he smoothed her hair away from her forehead and found she was sweating in spite of the air conditioner.

"Maan ...Maan" she kept lamenting.

"Wake up, sweet heart! I'm here open your eyes...it's just a dream" he had to call her again and again to make her hear him above her weeping.

When she finally opened her eyes they were filled with misery and terror. Seeing him, she gasped and hugged him around the neck almost choking him.

"You are alive..." she sobbed clinging on to him.

"I'm here nothing happened to me...it was just a dream. Calm down ...it was only a dream sweetheart." He soothed as he ran his hand on her hair.

Then when her tremors subsided he asked, "What frightened you Geet? What did you dream?"

"We were getting married ...and they came again...he wanted to take me away" she broke off to touch his face. "When you ...you tried to stop them he...he stabbed you!" she started to cry again.

"Shhh...shhh...I'm here with you ...see ..." he cupped her face. "Feel me..." he took her hand and placed it on his heart, "... nothing happened to me."

When her sobs mellowed to shudders, he moved away to give her a glass of water.

Taking the glass away, he asked, "All right now?"

"Uh..uh"

"Then lie down and go back to sleep. There is still hours to go before morning."

"I don't want to sleep" she said in a small voice.

He sat down on the bed facing her. "You need your rest Geet. Keeping awake will make you ill again. Remember, doctor said you need to have at least 8 hours of sleep."

He cupped her cheek, "If you are worried about the nightmare, I'll stay by your side. You know I will keep you safe, don't you?"

She nodded her head.

"Then lie down. I'll just get a file to read thru'"

He made her lie back and pulled the blanket over her. Taking a couple of files from the table he sat on the bed beside her. Leaning his shoulder on the head-board, stretched his legs out and looked at her. She was watching him. So he leaned down to press a gentle kiss on her forehead, "Goodnight Geet."

"Good night, Maan" she answered in a whisper.

He opened the file and gazed at it not really reading but just pretending to be engrossed in it so that she would go to sleep. After giving her a few minutes, he glanced at her. She closed her eyes immediately. Smiling he went back to the file but when he looked at her again, he found her closing her eyes again in pretense. The third time it happened, he sighed and asked, "What happened, Geet? Are you not feeling sleepy?"

"I ...can I just hold your hand?" she asked in a small voice, as if embarrassed about her request.

He closed the file and put it aside and held her eyes as he asked, "Do you trust me, Geet?"

"Above everything else in this world!"

He opened his arms and said, "then come here!"

She hesitated just for a second, before moving closer to him. He slid down to enfold her in his arms, her head was pillowed on his shoulder and her hand was placed on his heart.

"Comfortable?" he asked and she nodded her head in reply.

"Sleep now!" he commanded.

Sleep? She didn't think that would happen. But the warmth of his body and the steady rhythm of his heart soothed her and she drifted off to sleep within minutes, feeling safer than she had ever felt...

No SR..but i hope u will understand the story demands no intimacy...but hope u r not that disappointed by the way it was spent...or the Rudr and Sam scene on demand...

will send the PMs  nd edit 2morrow

yippee we crossed the 300 likes...thank u for ur support buddies... hope u will continue to give me ur opinions and suggestions to inspire me

PART 31

Edited by bangalores - 12 years ago
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

haila SR me no SRπŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

have to read..be back later!

moi is phirsttt😳

editedd========😳😳

loveddd ittt...splecially the sam-rudr part😳😳

am i crazy for thatπŸ˜•πŸ˜•

koi na...the flirty onvo was awesome!😳

and then maaneet...hayy it was beautiful! geets utmost care n TRUST for him.
the whole marriage scen...just perfect!
i am glad he is there to keep her nightmares at bay...dheere dheere karke he will worm into her defences..

light toaches...a few stealed kisses...

few caresses..to let geet kno what to expect...😳

will def make the journey more interesting!

ohh..btw did i mention..i loveddd RUDRπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

chalo chalo friday is coming near..tyoe karo...mai waha pe bhi waiting!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by aashluvsmaan - 12 years ago
libra25 thumbnail
great part...
loved it..
really looking forward to their developing relation and  how maan will deal with her insecurities and fears...
plz continue soon
Edited by libra25 - 12 years ago
wajiha-1 thumbnail
awesome superb amazing
do continue soon
nigahlad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
very nice... love the hugging part... so much love...
thank u 
Atiffa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome!!!
The way u move Sam & Rudr story is nice
Cont soon
Luv
TC
Atiffa