Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Beeni...*muwah & hugs*
Loved it dea..great start..and dear you write brilliantly..so stop calling yourself lame...lol
Ragni...GK sigh...can't wait to read...
MFRanjini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Beeni, soo happy to read it😃 good concept😃
plz update

😆 @ 3 months
tofeeees thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Guys thank you SOOO much for your wonderful response! 😃 I was really really overwhelmed and SO excited to read all the comments and see so many likes! I seriously read all the comments three times and it made me feel so special you guys have no idea! All the comments were special in their own way and I want you all to know that i LOVED whatever you wrote for me!  🤗 hugss to ALL of you! Love you all loads! I seriously was not expecting SO much love from you all for just 3 paragraphs that i wrote! 😲 Thank you So much! Muaahhh! Here is the first part of the FF! 

Part 1

22nd October 2011, 20:30

"Bhabhi" Dr. Mitul breathed. "It's me" he looked into Khanak's half open blank eyes.

"Hmmm" Khanak managed. She winced slightly.

"Bhabhi? Sub theek ho jaye ga. You're fine. Kuch muth bolay", Dr. Mitul bent over and continued to look at Khanak, trying to see in her eyes, some sort of recognition, a 'Bha' perhaps, something, anything, to confirm that the surgery had been a success.  His sixth sense told him something was not right. The eyes that used to light up looking at her 'Bha' were empty. This was not the Khanak who had tied a rakhi on his wrist just 4days ago.

"Gehna, hurry----call Dr.Geeta please-----"he finished, his mind finally reaching the worst conclusion ever. Standing up straight, he watched Khanak's eyes slowly close, the emptiness in them palpable till they were finally shut.

22nd October 2011, 20:35

"Shaan-----beta---- sambhalo apnay aap ko" Madhvi wept soundlessly as Shaan cried bitterly on his mother's shoulder.

"Geeta-----Khanak?" Sunil choked, finally removing his eyes from the mess that his son was. Shaan heard his father and immediately looked at Geeta, waiting for her to say something, anything that would tell him that his Khanak was okay.

"Uncle--- Khanak kee brain surgery ho chuki hain---I mean it's complete----she's lost a lot of blood------obviously---- because of the baby too---- and her brain----uncle----it's not begun to respond yet-----" her voice cracked and she finally felt at ease. She was not a hard hearted doctor after all.  She felt her eyes sting. Please God, don't let anything happen to Khanak, she found herself praying silently.

Shaan tried to take in everything that Geeta said. He wanted her to keep talking, for if she stopped, something terrible would happen, something terrible like when she stopped at the sentence 'could not save the baby'. But the sentence would not end for khanak like that, he thought savagely. Khanak would not leave him, Khanak could not leave him, for the fact that he was, even now able to feel her all around, enough proof that she was okay, that she was breathing, just like he was. They were both alive, Shaan thought, even though a part of them had left them forever.

"Shaan?" Akshay came over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. Shaan did not remove his eyes from Geeta. "Shaan. Khanak's parents are on their way. They are in the plane now, they'll reach in an hour. Choksi is handling it." Shaan made a noncommittal movement with his head which Akshay took to understand as an 'okay'.

Geeta sensed Shaan's eyes on her. She went over to him, grabbed his hand and rubbed it lightly. Shaan's vision blurred again as tears filled his eyes but he kept his gaze on Geeta's face intact, begging her silently to tell him that Khanak was alright, that he'd be going to her the next instant, that they would hug, that he would tell her that they would make a hundred more babies, that she would laugh and cry at once.

"Shaan----Khanak is under observation----- Mitul is confident that she will be okay-----We are just waiting for her to gain consciousness-----If she gains consciousness in the next hour---- she is out of danger----" her voice broke off as Shaan looked at her sharply. Madhvi took the chance to wipe Shaan's tear ridden face.

"If?" Shaan finally spoke "What do you mean 'If'?" his voice was a whisper. " Haan?!! Batao!!" his voice gained volume as he shook Geeta's shoulders vigourously. "TELLL ME WHAT YOU MEAN BY 'IF'?!!" Shaan yelled. "TELL ME!! TELL ME!'

"Shaan!!" Geeta, held his face tightly with her strong palms. "Shaan-----pleasee-----please understand-----this is not how Khanak would have wanted you to react-----"

"SHUT UP GEETA! JUST SHUT UP!" Shaan said pointing a finger at her, getting up, while Madhvi, Sunil and Akshay tried to restrain him.  "Take your words back!" he breathed, menacingly.

Geeta heaved a huge sigh. She had expected this of Shaan and she knew what she had to do. "Shaan I'm sorry----I meant---- WHEN Khanak gains consciousness"

"Dr. Geeta? Dr Mitul wants to see you. The patient has gained consciousness" Gehna announced, opening the door of the emergency enclosure.

Geeta looked at Shaan and gave him a small smile. Shaan looked back at her and heaved a sigh. A sigh of mingled relief, desperation and apology. His Khanak was safe.

22nd October 2011, 20:45

"You called?" Geeta said croakily. Dr. Mitul looked at her and felt irritated.This was not the time to be a cry-baby, he thought. He rolled his eyes but said nothing on the topic.

"Yea Geeta" he said pouring over a file." We have a problem" he looked at her sideways to see how she took it and then looked at Khanak lying on the bed, her eyes closed.

"Okay---- shoot!" she sighed, also glancing at Khanak.

23rd October 2011, 09:00.

Shaan stood at the entrance of the room that Khanak was admitted in. The door was closed but he could see through the circular glass at the top of the door. Mitul sat with Khanak. What was Mitul doing? Why wouldn't he let him meet his wife? WHY? Why had he asked for pictures of all the people in Khanak's life? WHAT had this got to do with them losing their child? A hundred questions ran through his mind. At one point he had decided to barge open the door of the room and storm inside to his wife. But just then Natasha had held his wrist.

"Let Mitul do his job Shaan. He knows what he is doing." Natasha had said to him seriously. 'Trust me." And as Shaan felt the warmth of her hand on his wrist, he knew that Natasha was right. He rubbed his eyes with his hands as it hit him how much his life had changed in the last 20 hours. He ran his hands through his hair, wondering what would come next.

___________________________________________________________________________________

23rd October 2011, 09:05

"Bhabhi----yay dekhay----" Dr. Mitul shoved a picture under Khanak's nose. Khanak was sitting on the hospital bed, wincing in pain.  Her head was heavily bandaged and her stomach hurt at the slightest touch. She wondered what she was doing in the hospital for the hundredth time since she had regained consciousness.  She wondered why she was in pain. But the nice gentleman had told her he would answer all her questions in a bit. She wanted to see her Bai and Ada desperately, she wanted to hug them.

"Aap----mujhay-----bhabhi------kyun-----kah rahay hain? Meri---- Bai----- kaha -----hain?" her voice cracked because of the tubes that had been stuck down her throat and had been taken out a few hours ago.

"Sorry---- I mean Khanak-----tumhara naam Khanak hain na? "he asked conversationally.

"Haan" Khanak replied. "Laikin main yahan-----"

"Tumhara poora naam kya hain?" Dr. Mitul asked.

"Khanak---- Singh Jadeja"

Dr. Mitul looked at her closely. Khanak felt uncomfortable. She looked away. Dr Mitul shoved the picture under her nose again. "Isay pehchaantee ho?"

Khanak looked at the picture. It was her mother. "Haan!" Khanak said loudly and winced in pain again. Shaan did a double take outside the room and closed his eyes bitterly. He wondered for how long he'd have to see her like this. "Yay meri Bai hain-----Aapkay pass-----?"

"Hmmm. Aur yay?" He shoved another picture at her. Khanak'e eyes flashed in recognition as she saw her father's face.

"Meray Ada" she whispered, hoping that if she was softer it wouldn't hurt her head.

"Yay?" Dr. Mitul showed her Gopi's picture.

"Meri dost" she said with a small smile. Shaan made a fist and was close to punching the glass on the door.

"Yay?" Dr. Mitul showed her Sunil's picture.

"Yay?-----Yay?" she held her head and tried to recall. Dr. Mitul looked into her eyes, hoping against hope that Khanak would not say what he knew she was about to say next.

"Pata nahi" she finally said, sealing Dr. Mitul's worst fears. He gulped and his hands became a little unsteady as he put Madhvi's picture in front of Khanak's eyes.

"Pata nahi" Khanak repeated.

Dr Mitul sighed as he took out another picture. Khanak looked at it and her face became stony as she saw it. Shaan studied her expression from far away. He could not see the picture Mitul was showing her but he was certain it was his. For Khanak had looked down and smiled gradually, her lips thinning and widening as her smile became prominent. She touched the picture lightly.

" Meray pati----" she finally said and then suddenly stopped smiling. Dr. Mitul looked at her as though x-raying her. He scratched his eyebrow and looked at the picture in her hand again.

"Meray swarg waseeyay pati, Suraj" Khanak said and her face became solemn. Dr.Mitul's face remained expressionless as Shaan saw him turn and look at him, straight into his eyes, for the first time since he had entered the room.  Khanak kept staring at Suraj's picture, not noticing.

After a few seconds Dr Mitul turned away from Shaan. His face remained unreadable as he turned to Khanak, and showed her the last and final picture. As he turned the picture around in his hand he looked deep into Khanak's eyes. He was so engrossed in studying his patient look at the picture that he did not notice Shaan open the door of the room. Neither did Khanak, for she was staring at the picture with an intensity that she had not shown ever since she had regained consciousness.

" Yay-----yay--- meray pati--- kay kaatil hain " she said, her voice so bitter, it gave Shaan goosebumps.

Gosh this was hard!😆 Hope you guys like it!😊 

Edited by tofeeees - 12 years ago
shonai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awww!!! really very very very sad update.😭...bt beautifully written,,,superb
luvd this update
update the next part soon
iluvmanar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
beeni..just luvving it...cont..pls
IF_rida thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Its really gud as well as emotional👏

poor shaan his heart must be choked at the loss of their baby😭

the conv between him and geeta was penned amazingly...e exactly the way he'll react

nice that dr.mittal is like a bro to her😊

penned beautifully abt his reactions expressions👏

oh my gosh... shaan's world must 've come crashing down hearing meray pati k katil😲

continue very soon.
afiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oh my god... that was *gaaahhh* AMAZING! seriously i can't imagine how hard it was for you to write that!! wow, i'm speechless :)
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It wasn't just Shaan who got goosebumps...I did too...Gripping part Beeni👏...Looking forward to the next...
-Simple- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Okay, I was like online when you updated but I was like 'No, I'm not going to read it now: It's going to be a bedtime story' but then guess what ? 5 minutes after I came back online to read it :/ LOL ! Aww ! Such an emotional update from start to finish :(. Seriously, Beensi you are too good at grabbing emotions + expressing them in writing. Hats off to you. I was reading it on my phone lying down on settee with family around +had to like cover my face with my scarf first so that they dont see me sad LOL ! You have let us know really well what kind of relationship Khanak + Mittal shared by the few sentences you wrote. It seems they were really close buddies. I loved how you described the 'emptiness' in her eyes. I could so picture her condition + her actions. OMG, my heart went out to Shaan here :,( a grown man crying in his mothers arms is no small matter. It actually explains the intensity of his pain + the torture he is going through :( as it is something not often seen :(. The jolt back to reality he gets when his Dad asks about Khanak was so good + the way you described how he didnt want her to stop talking as if she did it woulc actually 'stop everything' was too good aswell. LOVED how he knew she was still here because he could still feel her around + loved how you described the departure of the baby :( (Okay; before I carry on you should know your going to be seeing the word 'love' alot - just saying). How he keeps his eye on Dr Geeta until she assures him about his wife, how he unmovingly registers Akshays words. how he sharply looks at Geeta when she hints that there is a chance Khanak might not make it and the rupture after that + then the look at the end he gave Dr Geeta of varied emtions was so super good ! I absolutely LOVED the line about how he would reassure Khanak by telling them they would make hundred more babies ! That was SO Shaan ! It made me sad + smile at the same time. I loved Dr Geetas role here and the way she showed her concern. We got to know she let personal enter her proffession. Loved her actions of consoling Shaan + then the slight cry she did when she entered the room. Dr Mittal seems stronger though. Beensi, I absolutely LOVED the photo idea for recgnition ! That was seriously so good ! Poor Shaan not being allowed in the room :( All he wanted to do was go to his support system :(. The actions of rubbing his eyes + raking his hair + trying to barge in was good to picture as it expressed his helplessness :(. Gosh Shaan, your life is going to change more in the next hour :(. Losing a baby even before it came into the world and literally losing his wife whilst she is in the world :(. Natasha ! Maybe support of Shaantan throughout it all ? The whole picture showing thing was very well written ! I could see it play out in front of my eyes. Khanaks pain + expressions, Mittuls hoping of Khanaks answers NOT being what he would think they are, Shaantanus besaabri at being away from her despite being so close - everything. Loved how Mittul asked her name conversationally when asked why he called her Bhabhi. SurAJ'S picture - how did it get there ? :/ I'm sure Shaan wouldnt give it ? Or was it by accident ? + when she was shown the pic also thought it was Shaan at the beginning with the stony look but then though 'OMG ! No its not !' when she smiled. LOVED the whole look of Mittul here from being expressionless to the scratching of eyebrow being like an unbeliable 'what ?' to the eye contact with Shaan and then the final picture of her husband being described as 'her hubands killer' :,(. Not only Shaan we all got goosebumps :(. Another punch to Shaans stomach :(. I actually was thinking how far back you were ggoing to take her. So is she going to remember she married Shaantanu ? Her parents are coming does this mean she is going to live with them ? I suppose they going to stay at K house. Shaantanu wont let her go out of his sight. Great update Beensi ! Caant wait to find out how Khanak reacts to him in the room + in the futture + also about what happened :(. Keep it up ! You are writing it correctly ! It is having the right effect on us !
-mesmerised- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow Beeni... i'm in awe of your writing style! 👏 ⭐️

Was completely gripped by the way you told the story... Shaan's grief... the Khandelwal family's loss... both the Doctor's perspectives... and the last part with Khanak going through the pictures and declaring Shaan to be Suraj's kaatil!

As soon as she said she was Khanak Singh Jadeja i knew what was coming, but the last few lines were still very hard-hitting! Could feel Shaan's pain at hearing his wife say those words... almost as if he'd been kicked in the stomach! 

Think it was an amazing idea to have her lose her memory at that point where she still thinks of him as Suraj's killer... makes it all the more impactful! 

Looks like there's a painful journey ahead for the two... eagerly waiting for the next update! 😊