Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahi623 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Vas, it was pretty stupid. If i remember correctly she didn't even let them get married first before unceremoniously crashing a truck into the poor girl. Or she did - was there a dream sequence?😕
Her rating must have dropped considerably after that..

Well, atleast, you know that Ram-Priya get a marriage out of this. It's basically a guarantee..
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally a show which has forced me to come out of my hibernation... lol...
Loving the chemistry between Ram and Sakshi... they are brilliant but then you don't expect anything less from such talented actors! :)

The rain scene was really beautiful...it was good to see them having a normal conversation... :)

My only fear is sooner or later every Ekta show or for that matter every show goes down the drain...Oh well lets enjoy the good times till they last!
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mahi623

Vas, it was pretty stupid. If i remember correctly she didn't even let them get married first before unceremoniously crashing a truck into the poor girl. Or she did - was there a dream sequence?😕

Her rating must have dropped considerably after that..

Well, atleast, you know that Ram-Priya get a marriage out of this. It's basically a guarantee..

They didn't get married, though they had a five minute reunion and, yes, a dream sequence. What sucked most was that they had never really been a couple, you know? Like other jodis have their on-again, off-again thing, PM were never really ON in that sense. But they were still the loves of each others' lives, and actually in some ways that was preserved throughout their "relationship". They just couldn't be without each other. And he, especially - she could have lived without him; but Prem was never able to live without Mukti in his life, or his thoughts. 

And yes, the ratings crashed MISERABLY and never recovered. In fact, I think the very following week the ratings had gone down by a significant percent; and for a while she had to resort to showing us glimpses of PM every now and again just to keep people interested. There was a dream sequence - Koi Fariyaad - shown a week after her death (I think) and I remember the ratings for that episode went through the roof. You'd think she would have learnt her lesson...the ratings were so down at one point, and the story had just plummeted into complete and utter nonsense, that she had to take a second/third leap just to bring something new to the story. That was my only satisfaction from that whole episode - after Prem-Mukti, the show simply lost its legs. 

In some ways, it was a very Shakespearian tragedy of a relationship - here was a girl who'd done nothing but loved him ever since she'd known him, and he had constantly rejected her. The moment he realised his mistakes and his crimes and came to her, she was lost. 

Sigh. I really should never talk about PM. Every time I do, I end up writing essays, reminiscing, falling in love again and feeling really, really sad. 

Yes, at least we have a guarantee that RP get married, otherwise Ekta ma'am is going to have a lot of unsatisfied customers 😆 
Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: ManaliS

Finally a show which has forced me to come out of my hibernation... lol...

Loving the chemistry between Ram and Sakshi... they are brilliant but then you don't expect anything less from such talented actors! :)

The rain scene was really beautiful...it was good to see them having a normal conversation... :)

My only fear is sooner or later every Ekta show or for that matter every show goes down the drain...Oh well lets enjoy the good times till they last!

Hi Manali! Lol, I think this is the first forum that I have frequented regularly since I came back to IF a few months ago. Otherwise I too was hibernating in a CC, not bothering to venture out in the real IF world of hawtness and phangurl-ism. 

There is always a fear with Ekta shows that they will disintegrate into the same madness as their predecessors. To be honest I am *touchwood* very suprised that BALH has even a small level of intelligence, so here's hoping that she manages to keep that spark intact as the show goes along. In any case, there is no certainly in life and Indian TV, so we might as well just enjoy what we have, when we have it!
Mahi623 thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

They didn't get married, though they had a five minute reunion and, yes, a dream sequence. What sucked most was that they had never really been a couple, you know? Like other jodis have their on-again, off-again thing, PM were never really ON in that sense. But they were still the loves of each others' lives, and actually in some ways that was preserved throughout their "relationship". They just couldn't be without each other. And he, especially - she could have lived without him; but Prem was never able to live without Mukti in his life, or his thoughts. 

And yes, the ratings crashed MISERABLY and never recovered. In fact, I think the very following week the ratings had gone down by a significant percent; and for a while she had to resort to showing us glimpses of PM every now and again just to keep people interested. There was a dream sequence - Koi Fariyaad - shown a week after her death (I think) and I remember the ratings for that episode went through the roof. You'd think she would have learnt her lesson...the ratings were so down at one point, and the story had just plummeted into complete and utter nonsense, that she had to take a second/third leap just to bring something new to the story. That was my only satisfaction from that whole episode - after Prem-Mukti, the show simply lost its legs. 

In some ways, it was a very Shakespearian tragedy of a relationship - here was a girl who'd done nothing but loved him ever since she'd known him, and he had constantly rejected her. The moment he realised his mistakes and his crimes and came to her, she was lost. 

Sigh. I really should never talk about PM. Every time I do, I end up writing essays, reminiscing, falling in love again and feeling really, really sad. 

Yes, at least we have a guarantee that RP get married, otherwise Ekta ma'am is going to have a lot of unsatisfied customers 😆 

Yeah, I do get that thing where the couple you love never really got a chance. Don't hate me but that's how I felt about Angel-Cordelia. Its this highly intense feeling of frustration that no dream sequence, no ghost, nothing can ever give you the closure of never knowing just how they would have been, if they had been together. And you hate that not only did the character die, but they didn't die for beautiful poetic reasons where you know in your gut that this character has to die for the story to make sense, but for absurd reasons. And frankly, it makes you feel cheated. Not only are you deprived of the couple, but also of the writing that had nourished them.

What I remember about Prem-Mukti was that their story made sense on a larger thematic narrative. Even things I didn't like - the rape storyline, for instance- drove this narrative forward that this girl was to be his salvation aka Mukti. I don't know if her death even served a larger purpose like that, did it?

And your description of their reunion totally does remind me of Shakespeare. Like one quote from Othello something about dying in a moment of perfect happiness.

Abt BALH, I am so glad it's a brother-sister  vs another brother-sister. Otherwise if it were two brothers vs two sisters, I totally would not have put it past EK to get Priya married to the male version of Nuts, you know, for fun. And the love quadrangle that would develop. 😆😆😆😆
Edited by Mahi623 - 12 years ago
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Vas! 

So good to see your post here.. 
BALH has definitely been great in these few days.. I was really disappointed with the car accident episode and the ones that followed but now they have come back on track and that makes me REALLY happy! :) 

About Sakshi, she looks beautiful throughout and really drives the scenes she shares with the rest of the cast (which, unfortunately is very timepass).. Sakshi and Ram alone are worth watching in the entire show... anyways, I hope BALH continues with it's good run.. 

And hey, love your siggy! :)

PS : Trip-catch ;)
Shagnika thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hello everyone ! I have recently started watching the show, although I always wished to see it fromthe first episode. Because of some appointments, i missed the first 2 weeks of the show.Anyways, i have now turned into a regular viewer of the show and am thoroughly enjoying it..😃

Now coming to Thursday's episode. It brought new dimension to the gradually growing relationship of Ram and Priya. Things are changing, perceptions are slowly but steadily changing. The way Ram moves to Priya's room straightaway, then the small but cute chat they had between them, the laddoo wala moment and the photograph clicking moment.. all seemed cute .😳 more than love, the way people fall in love looks more beautiful..😊

I had missed the episode of that "anjaan ki kahaani" part , so was a little cnfused with Priya's thoughts and feelings. But anyways, it was quite nice to see her growing affection towards Ram ! Although Ram is too ignorant for now, but fate will soon play its part to surprise him.

Also, this "Ashwin" story, I am quite confused with that part.. what had exactly happened in the past? And how come Priya still friends with both Ashwin and SHruti if they ahd exactly cheated and hurted her..? Can someone please clear that bit for me.

As far as Nuts is concernes. She is seriously going "nuts"..😆 I hope Karthik doesnt marry her. There will be loads of saas bahu drama going on at his house after his marriage otherwise ! 😕

Anyways, now waiting for the twist in the tale. 😃
Edited by Shagnika - 12 years ago
--SHWETA-- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I really like that trip-catch scene . I do not think it is cliched.Priya's feelings towards Ram has taken a new direction and it was beautifully in fact visually presented.It was subtle and symbolic. 
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronitfan

Vas! 

So good to see your post here.. 
BALH has definitely been great in these few days.. I was really disappointed with the car accident episode and the ones that followed but now they have come back on track and that makes me REALLY happy! :) 

About Sakshi, she looks beautiful throughout and really drives the scenes she shares with the rest of the cast (which, unfortunately is very timepass).. Sakshi and Ram alone are worth watching in the entire show... anyways, I hope BALH continues with it's good run.. 

And hey, love your siggy! :)

PS : Trip-catch ;)

Sukhi ðŸ¤—🤗🤗🤗 Great to see you here too! Yes, the early episodes were very lame and disappointing, especially following the promos. But I think the director change has somehow worked wonders for the show; immediately we have seen a visible difference in content and presentation. 

I totally agree that the sidey characters are still quite meh - they are fine (mostly) in the scenes with Ram or Sakshi, but you couldn't trust  them to hold an episode or a scene on its own. The ones I especially don't like are Ram's family - Nuts, Niharika and Ishika are just not doing it for me. 

Thanks on the sig!
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: shwetak_23

I really like that trip-catch scene . I do not think it is cliched.Priya's feelings towards Ram has taken a new direction and it was beautifully in fact visually presented.It was subtle and symbolic. 

Hey Shweta - yes, the trip-catch was very subtle and did not last for 5658980985534534 hours; just short and sweet. 

Originally posted by: Shagnika

Now coming to Thursday's episode. It brought new dimension to the gradually growing relationship of Ram and Priya. Things are changing, perceptions are slowly but steadily changing. The way Ram moves to Priya's room straightaway, then the small but cute chat they had between them, the laddoo wala moment and the photograph clicking moment.. all seemed cute .😳 more than love, the way people fall in love looks more beautiful..😊

Also, this "Ashwin" story, I am quite confused with that part.. what had exactly happened in the past? And how come Priya still friends with both Ashwin and SHruti if they ahd exactly cheated and hurted her..? Can someone please clear that bit for me.

Hi Shagnika - lovely post!  @bold - you are so right. I am really enjoying the slow way in which their story is developing. 

As for Ashwin, from what the show has told us so far, Ashwin and Priya were to get married, but he dumped her for the richer Shruti. Now whether that was his own decision or due to family pressures, we don't know. We also don't know why Shruti and Priya are still friends; though from Shruti's side I guess she enjoys lording it over Priya. Why Priya still puts up with her I don't know, Ashwin seems quite guilty and really wants their forgiveness, but all said and done he and his wife don't really add much to the show.