Coincidence, or fate? 23 June

Posted: 12 years ago
All day I was sooo excited for today's episode, and it seems like I wasn't the only one. How ADORABLE was Ram?? The minute he walked into the house he searched for Priya. Chahe kuch bhi ho, it was like he subconsciously craved her presence, missed her absence. 

I really enjoyed the balcony scene - they were both so soft and sweet. It wasn't antagonistic in any way, the way that Ram said he didn't like rain. And then when Priya said, "I love it", and smiled, my dil went haiii πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ she looked so beautiful and ethereal. I've always loved rain sequences in film and TV, but I never thought this version of it would be so wonderful. 

It is such a wonder to me that there is FINALLY a couple on TV who talk to each other like normal human beings, like two people who share their desires and fantasies and innermost thoughts in the most natural and unthreatening way possible. Who don't posture or hide behind egos, or social masks; who don't hide their vulnerability beneath lies. Even PM who, ask anyone who knows me, are my benchmark for the world's best and most perfect couple πŸ˜† - even they had very rare moments of true synchronism in their thoughts and desires. They battled and bantered more; RP are so different from them in that respect - yes they banter and tease but then they also share these incredible conversations like this one, where they don't say anything of supreme significance, but dheere dheere open their lives up for the other to steal a glimpse. The comprehension on Priya's face the minute that Ram says "I live for my family" - this idea of being somehow linked with this guy...remember the bathroom scene from the early episodes? Where she feels this connection with the unknown man? THAT is what this moment today felt like - that connection, that similarity. And what's even more brilliant is the fact that, immediately after I had this thought, they showed it in the episode! Great minds think alike, or what?!  I liked that she is not sure if the bathroom guy is Ram, or whether she just felt the connection between the words of a stranger and Ram. I think the connection was made subtly and beautifully enough that it doesn't matter whether she connects the dots or not. 

I loved THIS eyelock between Ram and Priya during the roka...and this trip-catch during the photos πŸ˜† still so subtle, even if cliched. 

God, this Vineet guy is so annoying. Way too good to be true. Lovely that Priya picked up on it, and I loved her feeling that connection towards Ram instead. I really liked how she felt apprehension at how quickly everything was moving, and things that had been stalled for 33 years suddenly picked up so much pace it made her dizzy. Very intelligent writing. 

I loved how Ram ate (smelt) the ladoo just for Priya πŸ˜†πŸ˜† how he didn't really like it πŸ˜†. Yeah motu baba itni mote kaise bane? He doesn't eat oily sweets or fried foods. He goes on "morning walks" every day. This is a very strange man πŸ˜†

Ayesha is really not the shallow, superficial girl we all saw in episode 1 - her feelings for Priya (and Shruti, the backstabbing cow) were very natural and I really liked that she and Shipra stuck up for Priya at Shruti's expense, even if it was privately. 

Niharika is really worried about Nuts, isn't she? Is this as simple a mother's worry for her unstable daughter, or something more sinister?? Does this have anything to do with London, drugs and ex-boyfriends? And, way to steal Priya's thunder...

And wow, Priya doesn't sleep in full make-up, heavy earrings and chamkeele earrings? Wonder of wonders! πŸ˜†

I liked that final scene on the balcony with Priya and her parents. How they reassured her, in their own individual ways, and put her at ease. I have started liking Shipra a lot more (thanks to the writers for changing her character ever so slightly) and I certainly still like her more than Sudhir. But as a family, I did like this cute sa scene between the three of them. 

Idhar Priya is having morning tea, and Ram is drinking whisky? πŸ˜•πŸ˜† I also have started loving Vikram - aside from Priya and Ayesha, he is the only really perceptive character, and he seems to care about Priya as well.

And awww!!! He bought a ring for Priya! πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜² Hai, I am in love πŸ˜³ Ram jee, aap ko pata nahi hai ke ladki ko ring sirf woh aadmi deta hai jo uss ka hone wala pati hota hai?! πŸ˜†

Side note: was this last Vikram-Ram scene quite poorly dubbed? I couldn't hear much of their dialogues over the BG tunes 

By the way, did anyone else notice:
1. the balcony scene seemed to be a nod to that promo in which they both talk about why they haven't ever fallen in love?
2. Nuts has a new name? Doll...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
3. Karthik really doesn't want to marry Nutz, does he?! 

I am really starting to wonder whether this is a Balaji Telefilms show, produced by the only and only Kekta Kapoor, veteran of the illogical and unbelievable. HOW can this subtle, nuanced, beautiful show be one of hers? Has EK finally grown up??? I just think that for once she and her team deserve a lot of respect for getting a lot of things right. And, perhaps, for listening to her audience. Yes, this show has elements of the usual, but by and large it is a refreshingly novel take on the age-old story. Hell, even the articles written on this show are intelligent, sensible and thought-provoking πŸ˜†

Waiting eagerly for the sagaai on Monday. And - I spotted at least three excellent BG tunes today that I will be ripping as soon as I get the chance!

Have a good weekend everyone! 
Vasu, Before I say anything even remotely relevant to the topic at hand... Just noticed your picture signature...AHHH PASSION!! And Once More, With Feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Mahi - all the Buffy talk got the bug going again, lol. Had to go hunt up my old sig. I think that scene from Passion is my favourite dialogue ever, and Becoming, part 2 one of the saddest eps ever. Aaah, I love Angelus, even more than Angel...

@Vasu: I can never choose which was the better episode of Season 2: Passion or Becoming Pt2. Passion is so beautifully crafted, and that scene..WOW. And that feeling of utter shock when Angel does kill Ms. Calender(She, much like Tara, had it coming by being a Scooby without being a main cast member). And of course, Buffy's face when he realizes that this is it: She will kill Angelus...Not to mention But...

She does the actual killing in Becoming...in one of the saddest, most beautiful moments of the show.

I loved Angelus more than Angel, too. He was always the scariest Big Bad for me.

Next post is BALH related, I swear.
Edited by Mahi623 - 12 years ago
LOL@ your last paragraph...bite your tongue, Vasu! :P...This is very much EK...Nuts type characters should remind you yeh kiska show hai :P haha

Ram-Priya are a miracle in the middle of all the madness...lol

I loved loveddd today's RP scenes...the balcony scene was just perfect! For sooo many reasons that are hard to list out...Ram was tooo adorable in this epi...THIS is Ram Kapoor's charm that any of his fans can attest to having watched him...lol...I can't believe I still read ppl saying that Ronit should have done this role instead *shakes head*...This character can only be played by Ram...it's like made for him.

Today RP's chemistry developed...something changed...and so subtly, softly that it was so nice to see...Ram himself made the effort to seek her out when he first walks in...and the rain that he otherwise can't stand...he even lived with that today for this one simple conversation...the scene was so well written, so natural and so naturally enacted...today Ram took no offense to anything Priya said...lol...today he was just happy...and so was she...and so they shared this moment of happiness together...and in those soft moment, Ram also opened up to her for a change...and Priya sees a different side...and something clicks...which keeps coming back to her throughout the epi as she turns to look at Ram...her perspective towards him already changing...like she says...it's the same man...yet, suddenly it feels like she understands him.

The laddoo scene I LOVEDD...lol...for reasons I've elaborated in another post anyways...Ram is THE expression king...lol...too adorable in that scene...

And the "trip-catch" ...well not really...he just steadied her slightly...lol...even that was nice enough...cuz it's RP...I keep repeating that...lol...

And I was totallyyy a mushball too in the bit when he said he bought an engagement ring for Priya...awww RamπŸ˜†...sach he can be tooo sweet sometimes...LOL my romantic little heart is just lovinggg all the foreshadowing...haha...that ring should give you enough of a hint, Ram ji :P

I also liked Priya's scene with her parents...quite natural...and all her apprehensions and everything moving so suddenly and not being able to put her finger on what doesn't feel right...well developed.

The bit with her writing the "Priya Malhotra?" on the napkin was kinda ummm...lol...but anyways...big drama coming up at this engagement I guess.

Nuts is up to her usual Nuttiness in the precap...I don't get how her family is even shocked anymore...and Kartik is looking just as nuts as his Nutty "doll" to me now too
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL@ your last paragraph...bite your tongue, Vasu! :P...This is very much EK...Nuts type characters should remind you yeh kiska show hai :P haha LMAO...so true. I should not jinx anything...but it's just...well, YOU know. We've discussed this point to death πŸ˜†

Ram-Priya are a miracle in the middle of all the madness...lol

I loved loveddd today's RP scenes...the balcony scene was just perfect! For sooo many reasons that are hard to list out...Ram was tooo adorable in this epi...THIS is Ram Kapoor's charm that any of his fans can attest to having watched him...lol...I can't believe I still read ppl saying that Ronit should have done this role instead *shakes head*...This character can only be played by Ram...it's like made for him. People are still saying that? Really? Lol, for me its not so much about Ronit doing this show; I just always wanted to see Ronit-Sakshi together in any show and I still maintain that. This role toh definitely made for Ram. I think you said somewhere, Anu, that Ronit is too "handsome" for this role; I agree. He is too much the suave, ruthless, confident man. The bholu-ness that Ram brings to this role...I don't think RR could do as well. But then, when Ronit & Sakshi come together in a show, the role will naturally be suited to RR. 

Today RP's chemistry developed...something changed...and so subtly, softly that it was so nice to see...Ram himself made the effort to seek her out when he first walks in...and the rain that he otherwise can't stand...he even lived with that today for this one simple conversation...the scene was so well written, so natural and so naturally enacted...today Ram took no offense to anything Priya said...lol...today he was just happy...and so was she...and so they shared this moment of happiness together...and in those soft moment, Ram also opened up to her for a change...and Priya sees a different side...and something clicks...which keeps coming back to her throughout the epi as she turns to look at Ram...her perspective towards him already changing...like she says...it's the same man...yet, suddenly it feels like she understands him.

The laddoo scene I LOVEDD...lol...for reasons I've elaborated in another post anyways...Ram is THE expression king...lol...too adorable in that scene...Lol, this man is so afraid of trying new things! πŸ˜† It always amuses me how he is supposedly this sophisticated, worldly businessman yet he cannot find a decently clean glass anywhere πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

And the "trip-catch" ...well not really...he just steadied her slightly...lol...even that was nice enough...cuz it's RP...I keep repeating that...lol...Yes, this was not a trip-catch exactly, but that is why I liked it! πŸ˜†

And I was totallyyy a mushball too in the bit when he said he bought an engagement ring for Priya...awww RamπŸ˜†...sach he can be tooo sweet sometimes...LOL my romantic little heart is just lovinggg all the foreshadowing...haha...that ring should give you enough of a hint, Ram ji :P I know, right? My heart melted in that scene...Vikram should have been so W*F?! Man, you bought a girl you supposedly don't like a RING?!! DO you understand the significance of that?! πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

I also liked Priya's scene with her parents...quite natural...and all her apprehensions and everything moving so suddenly and not being able to put her finger on what doesn't feel right...well developed.

The bit with her writing the "Priya Malhotra?" on the napkin was kinda ummm...lol...but anyways...big drama coming up at this engagement I guess. I didn't mind that so much...it fit with the whole apprehensive mood she was in, although I guess it was a little High School Musical, lol. 

Nuts is up to her usual Nuttiness in the precap...I don't get how her family is even shocked anymore...and Kartik is looking just as nuts as his Nutty "doll" to me now too Eh. I barely even notice her anymore. 
P.S. Anu - loving your avi! Fast turnaround, that! πŸ˜† Where did you get the HQ vid? It's not up in the usual places yet...
Originally posted by psawyer

LMAO...so true. I should not jinx anything...but it's just...well, YOU know. We've discussed this point to death πŸ˜† LOL yes, I know...I know what way you mean it in...even I'm surprised by that and have to do a double take and ask myself if I'm watching standard Kekta fare...the writing is surprisingly good sometimes.

People are still saying that? Really? Lol, for me its not so much about Ronit doing this show; I just always wanted to see Ronit-Sakshi together in any show and I still maintain that. This role toh definitely made for Ram. I think you said somewhere, Anu, that Ronit is too "handsome" for this role; I agree. He is too much the suave, ruthless, confident man. The bholu-ness that Ram brings to this role...I don't think RR could do as well. But then, when Ronit & Sakshi come together in a show, the role will naturally be suited to RR. LOL yes I still read ppl saying that in TB articles and random posts in the forum...ofcourse Ronit-Sakshi would be great in a show together but THIS is not that show, sorry Ronit-Sakshi fansπŸ˜†...this character and the nuances to it are something only Ram can bring out cuz the character is obviously sketched with only him in mind.

.Lol, this man is so afraid of trying new things! πŸ˜† It always amuses me how he is supposedly this sophisticated, worldly businessman yet he cannot find a decently clean glass anywhere πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ NO glass can EVER be clean enough for HIM yaar🀣...that is what's so hilarious...koi cheez saaf HO bhi toh ISE toh saaf nahin lagegiπŸ˜†...but you know what else was sweet? That he first picked up that laddoo only cuz Shipra was like...you have to eat it or Priya will feel badπŸ˜†

And the "trip-catch" ...well not really...he just steadied her slightly...lol...even that was nice enough...cuz it's RP...I keep repeating that...lol...Yes, this was not a trip-catch exactly, but that is why I liked it! πŸ˜† And visually they looked so good together! *fangirly muh* lol...I loved how the awkwardness played out too...he kinda steadied her like she was this delicate sa piece of china and then backed off all awkward...and turning to Vikram to grumble about why he can't handle the kidsπŸ˜†

I know, right? My heart melted in that scene...Vikram should have been so W*F?! Man, you bought a girl you supposedly don't like a RING?!! DO you understand the significance of that?! πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ LOL ditto! I'm also amazed that it didn't ring a bell in Vikram's head at ALL??!!  He KNOWS how much Ram is CONSTANTLY grumbling about Priya...and he brought a ring for THAT Priya?? πŸ˜†

Sakshi looked SO pretty throughout this epi...first in the pink suit and I loveddd her simple, make-up free look when she woke up in the morning...and ofcourse so elegant again as she was getting dressed for the engagement.

Even Ram was looking handsome, dare I say...even in all his rolu polu gloryπŸ˜†
Originally posted by psawyer

P.S. Anu - loving your avi! Fast turnaround, that! πŸ˜† Where did you get the HQ vid? It's not up in the usual places yet...

LOL thanks! Got the vid from IF actually...it was uploaded quite early today...made avis on the balcony scene too...just trying to stack those to use nowπŸ˜†
Originally posted by nureat01

.Lol, this man is so afraid of trying new things! πŸ˜† It always amuses me how he is supposedly this sophisticated, worldly businessman yet he cannot find a decently clean glass anywhere πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ NO glass can EVER be clean enough for HIM yaar🀣...that is what's so hilarious...koi cheez saaf HO bhi toh ISE toh saaf nahin lagegiπŸ˜†...but you know what else was sweet? That he first picked up that laddoo only cuz Shipra was like...you have to eat it or Priya will feel badπŸ˜† Yeah! I loved that scene too...and then when Priya looked at him he immediately ate it πŸ˜† I love how he is already picking up his cues from her πŸ˜†

Sakshi looked SO pretty throughout this epi...first in the pink suit and I loveddd her simple, make-up free look when she woke up in the morning...and ofcourse so elegant again as she was getting dressed for the engagement.  Aww, Sakshi looked SO gorgeous today...and she was barely made-up at all but there was this glow to her which I loved. And Ram too looked great - perhaps coz he was genuinely smiling and laughing today?

@the vid - that's really good quality! I've just downloaded my vid from the usual place and want to make sigs and avis too...but its midnight here so debating whether to stay up or do them tomorrow πŸ˜† luckily tomorrow's my day off so I will have more time to take with them.