Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nandita5 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Ramy25

@an12345678

A wonderful post and beautifully worded too. I agree the end they showed was so very touching It literally brought tears to my eyes. So far I have never been moved to this extent by any TV show, but this one just had such an effect on me. I think what touched me most was the realisation that most of us actually do hold grudges in our hearts. I know its very easy to say we should forgive and forget but not all of us can do so. But after seeing ARM and Kabir we begin to realise that this saying is actually true. Both spent their lives retaliating against the actions of the other, and in that process they lost out on so much in their lives. At the end both were simply lonely old men. In spite of having Money power and position they lived the life of a recluse. Till the end they (at least ARM) did not let go of his ego...and when he decided to make up time went against him. That was the most touching part. As for Kabir his regret showed in his awkwardness at ARM's funeral meeting. I think from the precap that in the end he will restore the name of Merchant Mills and then he too will pass away. At least as per the novel Able dies soon after Kane...But all in all they both wasted their lives because of their never-ending animosity and their desire to pay the other back in his own coin for any intended or unintended wrong the other did to him. 

At the end of the day all I can say is it was a great show and  I have watched it from episode 1 and truly enjoyed it also. Hope we get to see more such meaningful shows in the future also.
veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
merchant mills will get its name back 😲???wohoooπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
btw i tweeted to YRF tht i want DVDs for kismat...lets see if they fulfill our dream or notπŸ˜•
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
DANG😲 there were so many other viewers too besides just a the four of us here on the forum?

Nice replies everyone. A good show indeed.

Originally posted by: Ramy25

DANG😲 there were so many other viewers too besides just a the four of us here on the forum?

Nice replies everyone. A good show indeed.

I know.

Amy, a lot of credit goes to you. When I first wandered into this section, it was almost dormant. Later you revived it with your wonderful posts and that generated interest in many to post and discuss.

I'll watch last two episodes together and post my comments later.
prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

loved the show and although i love both protagonists, sapna and arm were the best. Call me snotty if you wish, but they are a classy couple and prove that money cannot buy class and style.

His way of talking and class, comfortable in his own skin regardless of losing his cotton mills, shows that he will always be the better of the 2, cannot put him down for long...my hubby told me the moment he looked at badi mas pic and walking to library that he is going to die today and has an intuition about it...and most importantly he has accepted it...Was remembering how they showed his and sapnas wedding...and his loyalty to her...which for me is the clincher, that he will always be the better man...Sorry but going to miss this serial...had read the book years ago...but going to reread it...having said that YRF has done an awesome job portraying the emotions and creating their unique backdrop...It is a breath of fresh air compared to the same rona dhona serials...and i hope they bring out part II...

I do like Kabirs role, chutzpah and how he fought fate at every step of his life...the classic grey character and yes dont begrudge him falling in love, and coming back to LUBNA>>>Both men had amazing life partners who supported them and complemented them, and respect his character for coming to the final meeting...

what a great show and oh why do all good things come to an end...!
Nymeria thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheDilettante

I know.

Amy, a lot of credit goes to you. When I first wandered into this section, it was almost dormant. Later you revived it with your wonderful posts and that generated interest in many to post and discuss.

I'll watch last two episodes together and post my comments later.

Well Maya I always wondered how come this show which worth discussing wasn't getting any discussions in the forum while those other indian shows that show the same old stereotypical love stories have hundreds of posts on the forum!😳

I think the time i spent making posts on this forum is totally worth it and we had some really nice, matured discussions on here even if there were only 4 or 5 of us here. πŸ˜†

Will be waiting for your comments as always!πŸ˜ƒ
^ I was never a fan of movies that were based on my favorite books but anything for good Hindi television show. I hope YR productions do make more 60+ episodic shows based on good books. The actors they pick are always perfect.

BTW on wiki they credited the author.
Nymeria thumbnail

Originally posted by: prernacda

loved the show and although i love both protagonists, sapna and arm were the best. Call me snotty if you wish, but they are a classy couple and prove that money cannot buy class and style.True that! They were indeed classy characters...both actors seem to live their characters and that's why it came out so natural. Awesome job by both Viraf and Khalida.πŸ‘

His way of talking and class, comfortable in his own skin regardless of losing his cotton mills, shows that he will always be the better of the 2, cannot put him down for long...my hubby told me the moment he looked at badi mas pic and walking to library that he is going to die today and has an intuition about it...and most importantly he has accepted it...Was remembering how they showed his and sapnas wedding...and his loyalty to her...which for me is the clincher, that he will always be the better man...Sorry but going to miss this serial...had read the book years ago...but going to reread it...having said that YRF has done an awesome job portraying the emotions and creating their unique backdrop...It is a breath of fresh air compared to the same rona dhona serials...and i hope they bring out part II...It was indeed a fresh show in comparison to the usual "love story" based shows on indian telly at the moment. One of the many reasons i liked this show was the fact that "love story" was not a focus in the show. It was always about ARM and Kabir and their love stories were shown in a mature way, the pace was super fast but i guess that was the case with the entire show so we'll give it an excuse.

I do like Kabirs role, chutzpah and how he fought fate at every step of his life...the classic grey character and yes dont begrudge him falling in love, and coming back to LUBNA>>>Both men had amazing life partners who supported them and complemented them, and respect his character for coming to the final meeting...Of course Kabir's parts were good as well. I like his character too even though i could not "connect" with his character, I liked the way they developed his character. He was not the "evil" or "negative" character despite his unethical approaches to gaining stuff. But hey no one's clean in real world either. Even ARM had flaws and so did Kabir.  These two characters made the show worth watching.

what a great show and oh why do all good things come to an end...! Better for it to have a good ending then getting booted off because of channel's trp b.s. pressure, right?
anyhow, good shows always run appropriate length and have a complete ending.
Don't know if they will come with a show like this again as it could not garner much audience in India.

Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheDilettante

^ I was never a fan of movies that were based on my favorite books but anything for good Hindi television show. I hope YR productions do make more 60+ episodic shows based on good books. The actors they pick are always perfect.

BTW on wiki they credited the author.

WORD Maya. with Movies based on books, it's hard to do complete justice because of the shortage of time. But when they make shows based on books, then they have more time and they can devote more time on the minute details that get edited out in movies.
I too hope that YRF comes up with such 60 episodes shows next season. May be instead of making it a daily, they can make it a weekly like American shows and give it more seasons with tolerable hiatus in between two seasons. Now that i wouldn't mind.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

@Wiki--- lol good to know that they credited it on wiki. lol πŸ˜† they should have done that when the show aired it's first episode as well.
Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Morning chicas...last episode dawns! So...as far as yesterday was concerned, it was good and mellow but did not overwhelm me...I guess that's good. You guys will shoot me but I found it predictable...very predictable.

Amy, Maya...has been awesome interacting with you on Kismat. Wish Ritika were around here today! πŸ€—