Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Damn, Amy! I didnt expect this at all.. ARM died and it seemed like the biggest loss was of NMK! His sole purpose in life was to destroy ARM.. now he has lost all reason to live..

Wonder what to expect in the last episode now! :S
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Oh yes! I just re-watched that scene again and he did meet his grandson. I'd assumed that he stood out of the room like before. πŸ˜Š So it was the day  he decided to be with his family that could not happen. I missed out about the goa tickets surprise for Sapna but that gesture for his wife again was sad. He could not fulfill that wish of hers. 

RIP ARM! πŸ˜Š
my_view thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Amy... Excellent post.! πŸ‘πŸΌ 
 I will remember Kismat for the characters of ARM, Kabir, Sapna, Badi Maa, Uncle Vish and the respective actors who wonderfully protrayed them Viraf, Rahul, Khalida et al... and also for your timely and consistently awesome posts on the KF... Well done..πŸ‘

With heavy heart I will watch the epi tonite in few hours... although I must say that since last couple of episodes they made Viraf look too old and tired as a 60-70 something ARM. It was not like he was suffering from terminal illness...Sapna looks lovely and elegant as ever.

It is said that life is what you make of it.  Birth and death are not in our hands but everything in between is to a certain extent... ARM lived life sincerely and with respect to himself and to all around him. He was a rich soul... No wonder he maintained his center when he lost it all-Sapna, Vicky and Merchant cotton mills.. He let emptiness become openness and made sincere effort to fill the void in his heart and life with peaceful retrospection...Hence a tranquil death as you mentioned... 

Kabir, mean-while never stepped out of the darkness despite a lifetime of achievement. What a sad life he led and yet I can't feel sorry for him..!
Edited by my_view - 12 years ago
veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG m still crying😭 πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ ARM died...an epic died..bt i still wish 2 see merchant mills getting its name back...
Seen, so many serials with characters dying and stuff...but its tribute to actors in the serial and its maker YRF,

that we all are feeling so sad to see ARM go. Even after so many hours, i am still sad to know that he's gone...

But thankfully,i was prepared for this...πŸ‘πŸΌ
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Wow this show moved fast

I saw it a bit back and just had the tv on and they are old geezers?! and now one is dead

Was the show any good?lol

I hope this means Viraf is ready for Mahis Way 2!?!  Dying to see him as Sid
ThisismyID thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Argh..I will remember his character for a long long time. It made me teary eyed too.

In my dictionary he defined the word *man* and how a true man carries himself- as cheesy as it sounds. Oh, and I love his smile :D

FOR ARM!   

His r/o with Sapna- dang! 
I m jealous...
--------------
Side notes:
I m so disappointed in his son.  
Both Viraf and Rahul did an amazing job of potraying old men. 
I wish I could see Uncle Vish for atleast once.
I liked the fact that his grandon will be a Merchant! 

I will probably write YRF( 1st time ever) and thank them!

Edited by Menak13 - 12 years ago
Adhiangel thumbnail
The character of WILLIAM KANE flashed my mind... ARM indeed had a peaceful death with the assurance that he had fulfilled all his duties of being a son, a husband, a father, and at last a MERCHANT... He kept up with the rules of being a MERCHANT...
But, as said, Kabir will NEVER HAVE A PEACEFUL DEATH... his regrets will kill him...

It is like "Kabir jeetkar bhi haar gaya, Aditya haarkar bhi jeet gaya..."

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
What can I say...πŸ˜’...one more to go!
Fezana thumbnail
Beautifully written Ramy. I don't know why but I literally cried today. I had tears in my eyes when I saw ARM in his chair, with the letter and above all Sapna took the whole scenario so calmly. I had no doubt anticipated that he would die without meeting the two, Kane had also died before his son and DIL could reach him. But the end was so beautifully picturised that I could not help but cry. I did not feel so bad cause he died but because the animosity between the two had been such a stupid waste of time and life also. I kept thinking that maybe if they had not let their egos overtake their reasoning, and had they attempted to solve their differences things would have been different for both of them. 
Kabir was there and we could see the remorse showing in his attitude now. But then actually both had been wrong, although they did not want to admit it.

As for acting today ARM/Viraf Patel stole the show. All through the show he has acted superbly, giving the aristocracy the character deserved. Rahul Bagga is also a great actor, but maybe because ARM was a more sophisticated figure, viewers sympathised and gelled more with ARM's character than Kabir's.

All said and done a great show, well done, very well acted is now nearing its end. I will definitely miss the show and I hope we get to see more such shows in future. I don't care about TRPs, just want good shows that we can gel with. Maybe I am just one of the view who like such shows, and therefore will have to wait till some good PH makes such shows.

At the end all I can say is thank you YRF for giving us this show. It has definitely touched some hearts, mine being one of them. Hope to see both Viraf Patel and Rahul Bagga again in some other show. The rest of the cast have also done a superb job with their respective characters...Hope to see them all soon in some other meaningful show...By meaningful I mean different from the normal saas-bahu sagas or silly juvenile love story.

Sorry if my post has offended anyone, but this is simply my POV.