A peaceful end.

Posted: 12 years ago
He died at peace in his favorite place in the whole world---his library. But he was happy before he passed away. It seemed as if he had found his peace without even meeting him.
but still it was sad seeing him gone. I guess because we have followed this character from the birth to the end. 
Weird feeling today while watching the episode though. I knew that the end of ARM was bound to come yet i was almost on the edge of my seat wondering how and when it will come right from the very first scene in the library. Somehow i knew that they will show him pass away alone and in the library and so everytime I saw him in the library, I was thinking is this it? Will he die? and then we saw the last library scene.πŸ˜’

ARM was my most favorite character on this show from the beginning to the end and Viraf did a commendable job at portraying this character. I will remember this show for ARM's character the most.

Kabir does come to the funeral just like how Abel did in Richard's. In the book, Abel comes to realize after Richard's funeral...and by the precap, it seems even Kabir will come to realize and reconcile after ARM's death.

While ARM had a peaceful end, Kabir might not be as fortunate. Kabir will have to go through the regret till his very last. πŸ˜’
By the way, did you notice that when ARM was born, there was happiness around him ...his parents were happy, his grand mum was happy, and the whole nation was happy with the new found freedom. And even his end can't be called gloomy or full of regret. he died at peace.
Whereas, Kabir was born with his mother's lying dead beside him, there was darkness around him. His birth somehow reflects his end in some weird way, doesn't it? He will die with regret in his heart...regret that he couldn't reconcile with neither ARM nor himself.

Dang it.. ARM is no more... At least now I am prepared when I watch the episode tonight.

you brought out the birth-death scenarios quite well... This is life I guess...

-- Mru
Yeah Mru...he's finally gone as expected but it was definitely something weirdly heartbreaking to see it finally happen.
Beautiful post Ramy πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

What a poignant scene ... the peaceful stillness. I do not know what more to write ... there are some scenes that stay with you for ever, and it was one of those scenes. He was wearing the same tie that he wore to his first board meeting, the pen and the walk ... and then that chair in the library.
Edited by an12345678 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by an12345678

Beautiful post Ramy πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

What a poignant scene ... the peaceful stillness. I do not know what more to write ... there are some scenes that stay with you for ever, and it was one of those scenes. He was wearing the same tie that he wore to his first board meeting, the pen and the walk ... and then that chair in the library.

AnπŸ€—

I know I noticed the tie, the pen, the shirt and the smile as well. It was such a poignant moment. The way he looked at that picture of his Badi Maa and then walks towards the library with that smile on his face was just so ...aaah got no words to describe it.  I must say it seemed a better end than Richard's end in the book.
oh aditya! πŸ˜­ the episode was heart touching and beautiful... i din't expect him to die in this episode though... i expected it to happen in the last episode... πŸ˜” 
Originally posted by kunataanya

oh aditya! πŸ˜­ the episode was heart touching and beautiful... i din't expect him to die in this episode though... i expected it to happen in the last episode... πŸ˜” 

Well it was to happen this episode because Last episode would be dedicated to Kabir knowing about ARM helping him in his initial days and then him regretting over the fact that they couldn't reconcile.

@Ramy:
"The way he looked at that picture of his Badi Maa and then walks towards the library with that smile on his face was just so ...aaah got no words to describe it."

It was like, he was saying good bye to her.

It was his dignified, full of life walk toward his den, then he closed his eyes, and said adios without any regret or malice. I do not think, I'll ever forget the whole scene and Aditya Merchant of today's episode.

Will hit the bed now ... hope to catch you tomorrow ... πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
WORD An! will always remember that bit with his signature background score. Such a subtle moment for such a classy character.

night An. Will see ya tomorrow for the Finale.πŸ€—
Wonderful post, Amy! LOVED what your wrote!

Esp the comparison between ARM and Kabir once again. How true! He did die a peaceful death whereas Kabir just might be living in regret from now on. That's more worse anyday. It's like a slow painful death for Kabir instead. Am gonna miss seeing ARM on screen so much! AND yes guys, that scene where he takes the pen and places it in his front pocket just added SO MUCH more to the final scene of his. I got flashes of that scene where Badi Maa first gave him the pen. Also what was even more heartbreaking was the fact that he actually had planned a surprise for Sapna. That is to go to Goa and start a life there :-( The excitement he had in the morning when he circled the papers and hides it from her. It was really cute.

Another thing i want to say is regarding the r/s between ARM and Sapna. Have to give props to the writers for portraying the life of a married couple so brilliantly! Apart from the ARM VS Kabir madness, i totally fell in love with ARM's and Sapna's beautiful relationship. Don't think we'll get to see anything similar to that being shown anytime soon on TV again.