Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Lovely analyses, everyone πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

@SuganthiS - totally agree; both Ram and Sakshi dealt with that situation in realistic ways but not like teenagers with hormones all over the place. 

@maris08 - Thanks so much πŸ€— I agree with you that Ram really let his whole body do the talking πŸ˜† there was this one W*F expression on his face during the initial part in the restaurant that had me rolling on the floor in tears πŸ˜† it was really quite an education to see these two act through their eyes and not just their mouths. 

@tintiny - I know; you would think that after 12 years a woman would be mature enough to trust her husband and not behave like children in public. At least their kids had the excuse of being kids. But it feels to me like they are exaggerating Neha & Vishal's childishness to serve as a contrast between Priya & Ram - and this will be especially obvious after R/P's marriage. 
psawyer thumbnail
@divan - I would have loved the incidental date scenario - but apparently that is too innovative for Kekta Mai's taste - in her world, every connection must be a six degrees of separation kind of thing - where so-and-so knows so-and-so and introduces so-and-so to so-and-so and it's all about interfering matchmakers and fate . It's a small world in Kekta land. 

BUT, you never know - there may yet be such an incidental and low-key meeting between them, which I highly doubt will be today. 

@Preeti - yaar, you really think they will meet today? Come on, this is Ekta. They will almost-but-not-quite meet a few dozen times before they get anywhere near to actually seeing each other's faces LMAO. Filmi is Ekta's middle name - she's the daughter of Jumping Jack and the sister of that guy who can't speak in all the Golmaal films πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 

We can dream, but probably not expect, a non-filmy meeting. But as long as it is not OTT and dramatic as hell, I guess we'll be okay. 

-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Vasu
i shall be on fool to even think that they would be meeting today.πŸ˜† Dont i know how much she tortures the audience with this hit n miss case. She would never let the hero n heroine meet easily.  All that i want is whenever they meet, just make it Plain n Simple even if not sweet. Both of them being middle aged cant have that Filmy meeting, Like Pehli nazar ka pyaar/attraction or whatever and neither can we have a trip n fall sequance(i pray not)πŸ€” and dupatta thing. I expect we wont have any such things here.

Am not expecting much but hopefully, she  must not forget that both come from 2 different backgrounds so keeping that in mind she has to plan thier 1st meeting scene. Lets see what happens today
psawyer thumbnail
Oh God, no, not the trip catch! Anything but the trip-catch! πŸ˜΅ I don't think I could bear it...
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
If that happens - i might either die out of shock or laughter. Hopefully not. She wont ruin her show so soon(am assuming)πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

I even liked the precap. Yeah its the typical Kekta situation - lots of bg music playing, hits and misses etc (though I hope we keep the gazillion camera angles for one reaction out of this show!), but again, Sakshi & Priya made it just that little bit different. I was ready to groan when she talked about love at first sight, but thankfully she said that while love at first sight might be a stretch, there should be some kind of a connection, a trust when you look at someone for the first time. 

And about Priya reacting to his idiosyncrasies - we saw a glimpse of that in the snoring promo πŸ˜† I think she will deal with it with humour and understanding. 

Finally you deigned to reply to my post also...much obliged ji, much obligedπŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

I liked the precap too...yes it's a tad filmy with the whole near miss situation but I liked it for mainly what Priya was telling her friend...her thoughts...and in particular I loved that she used the word TRUST...I'm actually liking some dialogues in this show a lot.

Like yesterday, I also loved Priya's dialogue when she says, "Kitaabon aur insaanon ko padhna achha lagta hai mujhe"...or the way she talks about how differences don't matter if there's a connection and if there's not, then all the money in the world can't save a relationship.

Ram does accept his shortcomings, he's reconciled to them and like you said in this scene, since they made it more light-hearted and non-mopey types, I really enjoyed watching this Ram...the business tycoon side sometimes gives me Jai Walia deja vu but THIS side of Ram was never there in JW...this is actually glimpses or real Ram poking throughπŸ˜†...I find it quite cute.

I toh even liked the darling scene...which I guess no one in here likedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...but I thought it was funny cuz the line was, "darling tum kyun har baar naraaz ho jaati ho YAAR"πŸ˜†...and Priya will think what she's already thought a few times..."mere liye nahin hai"

I actually found a lot of subtleties in this epi which I was glad to see...I'm hoping the first meeting scene is nicely shown too now *fingers crossed*
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
@Preethi - if they show a trip-catch between Ram & Priya or - GOD forbid! - Anurag Basu pops up with his laal-dupatta dukaan again...I will pretty much cry my eyes out. πŸ˜† No need for that uselessness in this show. No trip-catches, hair-blowing every which way, laal dupattas, burning diyas etc...just nice, normal people with nice, normal love stories. 

Originally posted by: nureat01

Like yesterday, I also loved Priya's dialogue when she says, "Kitaabon aur insaanon ko padhna achha lagta hai mujhe"...or the way she talks about how differences don't matter if there's a connection and if there's not, then all the money in the world can't save a relationship.

I toh even liked the darling scene...which I guess no one in here likedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...but I thought it was funny cuz the line was, "darling tum kyun har baar naraaz ho jaati ho YAAR"πŸ˜†...and Priya will think what she's already thought a few times..."mere liye nahin hai"

I actually found a lot of subtleties in this epi which I was glad to see...I'm hoping the first meeting scene is nicely shown too now *fingers crossed*

I loved that dialogue too - showed she had some intelligence and was actually fond of using her brain. I didn't mind the darling scene too much - it was way too contrived, but it was funny if only because it was so random πŸ˜† yeah, I like the way that Priya said, the first time, "mere liye nahin tha" - I don't know why but even the phrasing of that sentence was much more evolved than some other dialogues. 

And there - I replied to you twice now. You should be dancing on cloud nine πŸ˜›
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

I like the way that Priya said, the first time, "mere liye nahin tha" - I don't know why but even the phrasing of that sentence was much more evolved than some other dialogues. That's exactly it...the phrasing of the line...and then the softness, almost a wry tone with which Sakshi delivers it sometimes...I loved it...seriously loving her portrayal of Priya...the intelligence she showed as you mentioned as well...they may show her as mopey from time to time but I wouldn't put her in doormat category either...she does seem assertive as well...like when she tells that guy, 'intelligence ka toh pata nahin...lekin jo dil mein hota hai, jo main sochti hoon woh bol deti hoon" I liked the frankness with which she said that.

Guys are such LOSERS if they can't value qualities like this and would rather run after brainless bimbos🀒...a girl like Priya is too much CLASS and DIGNITY for these ppl...the double standards of guys in their 40s still wanting a 19 year old as their wife to feel "young"🀒

And there - I replied to you twice now. You should be dancing on cloud nine πŸ˜› *faints with joy*β˜’οΈπŸ˜†

fuzzyface thumbnail
Ram can be my sugar daddy anytime πŸ˜›πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

I was LOL when the song from Bobby came. Ram was super adorable, he saw through the girl. It must be hard for him to actually find someone who actually likes him as a person and not his money. Girls like that model do exist and what was portrayed was quite real. I have interacted with a couple of those gold digger no brain species, mostly they are beauty queens and models πŸ˜›

As for Priya, oh when she had tears, I was so sad for her but this happens too. I think some of us would have experienced that moment ourselves.

To me I think men are generally very visual creatures. For them it's always what they see first that counts then everything else follow suit. For women I think it's 50-50, they need some form of physical attraction but after that phase is over ( after 30 min) , the personality takes over the whole thing. No chemistry, no connection, no nothing. πŸ˜† I remember I used like this guy at the gym, he was so good looking and had an awesome body n cute smile but the minute he opened his mouth , there was nothingπŸ˜•, so my attraction died then and there.πŸ˜›

Nice analysis. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by fuzzyface - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: fuzzyface

I was LOL when the song from Bobby came. Ram was super adorable, he saw through the girl.

LMAO I LOVED his expression when that song came on🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Just TOO hilarious! Ram was sooo awesome in this epi yaarπŸ˜†

You are very right about how men are very visual creatures but for women, substance matters more on the initial 50-50 scale too...I've also experienced that brief crush dying INSTANTLY the moment you try to talk to someone and there is NOTHING...no communication aspect...but guys are happy enough ogling at bimbos...the less brain power the betterπŸ˜†