Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: euro_pakigal

im no politician
and i aint gonna start arguing and writing looooong replies for sum1 who duznt wanna admit anything or understand
kashmiz is not indiaz dats 4 sure tell me how?? itihass gawa hai ki kashmir is a part of india.im sori but kashmir is not indiaz and gawwa kafi nahi hai

There are plenty of links which have already been provided for you to check out what really happened.......and these are legal documents, not something made up by anyone here. The people in kashmir did not want to go to Pakistan either, and hence Pakistan attacked them in a brutal manner, plundering and looting and kidnapping women. It happened a long time ago, in 1948, but after that I doubt the people of that region would have wanted to go with Pakistan after that. In fact the Pakistan regime happily gave a large chunk of Kashmir to China in 1965 like some kind of trophy. China still has that area under it's control. I am sure the people in Pakistan would have been horrified had they known the extent of the politics played in that region. Unfortunately, the common public is  brain washed to believe things that the govt wants them to beleive as they seldom have any other choice.

do u think kashmiriz wil wan go wid a country dat treats dem lyk shoes
all da zulm indians do on dem right dis day? humne konse zulm kiye hain unpar??humne kab joote ke neeche rakha hai?? unhe special status diya hai constitution mein jo orr kissi state ke liye nahi hai. explain plz.. i mean all those indian troopz killing torturing kashmiriz evryday iznt dat zulm now y wud they wanna go wid india if all dis happenz u gave kashmiriz a status tell me when to laugh...........

I am sorry, but where in the world did these things come out from. There have been religious disparities but they aren't resricted to J&K alone. Please take a look at what the people of Balwaristan ( POK) have to say about the occupation of Pakistan of what they consider as their land:

CURRENT NEWS

Date: Nov 18th 2004 Ref" IY/BN-31
His Excellency
Secretary General
United Nations Organization
New York
Sub: SOS for the Detainees of Yasen

I have the honor to write to your honor about the inhuman treatment meted out by the occupying regime of Pakistan with the 2 million indigenous people of Balawaristan (Pakistan Occupied Gilgit Baltistan) even in 21st century.
There is no legitimate Judiciary System, no democracy, no education and no economical opportunity for the people of this land of J & K dispute occupied by Pakistan.
In the last week of Nov 2004, 2 minor students of a private Higher Secondary School Gilgit, were kidnapped by ISI sponsored terrorists group which is called Arjun Group. The victim Muslim Khan s/o Jafar Khan from Yasen, Dist. Ghezer was drowned into Ghezer River, while Shafa Khan escaped from the clutches of the terrorists. The culprits including Inayat-Ur-Rahman a Police constable, from Amphari Gilgit, Niyamat Ullah, Zahid, Asif, Shams from Basin, Shams -Ud-Din from Shikayot and Farooq from Amphari have been identified.
The people of Gilgit and Ghezer district have observed protest against the attitude of the occupying regime, closed down the Markets and demanded for death sentence to the terrorists. In Tehsil Yasen, angry mob of the people attacked Police Station.
Police has arrested Balawaristan National Front (BNF) activists, because of its political rivalry and charged them in false weapon looting cases. Though BNF and BNSO have nothing to do with the looting of weapons, because it is a political party and not a terrorist. Pakistani occupying authority wants to declare the nationalist parties including BNF a terrorist, to defame its credibility among the local people and rest of the world. The order to arrest BNF workers has been delivered to the local Police (Headed by Pakistani imposed IGP) by the Pakistani Military high Command, because of its fear with the growing popularity of BNF among the people. FIRs by the orders of Military regime of Pakistan have been registered against hundreds of people of Tehsil Yasen, mostly BNF activists including Skandar from Hoondoor, Sher wali from Bahrkohlti, Murad Jan from Thawoos, Iqbal Khan from Bahrkohlti, Hafas from Yasin,Basharat Shafi from Hondoor Yasen, Nabi from Hoondoor and Rehbar Ali from Thawoos, Mayon s/o Mahbat Shah of Hoondoor, Musa s/o Durdana Khan of Hoondor, Ahmad Ali Teacher Thawoos, Hasil Khan, Thawoos, Ali Murad, Thawoos, Karim Aman Thawoos, Jondon from Gindayi besides Nadim Ayub the newly elected member of district Council Ghezer and Mr. Zarawar the newly elected member of Union Council, Selgan Yasen, The names of the other are not known yet. In this pretext the occupying regime wants to crush our youth, by torturing them.
All the detainees have been shifted to "Torture Cell Dist. Gilgit , though according to Pakistan Police laws, the accused can only be questioned / interrogated in the area where crime is occurred or FIR is filed. This unusual and unlawful act of Pakistani occupying regime is to torture the nationalists, who demand for freedom from the illegal occupation of Pakistan.
Frontier Constabulary (FC) from Pakistan and heavy contingent of Police from other districts have been dispatched to Tehsil Yasen, to crush the supporters of the winning member of NALC, who had defeated PML Q candidate in the recent elections.
Mr. Jalal-Ud-Din a politician from Yasen. who had been appointed as member (like judge) of the so-called Chief Court on the basis of religious bias and links with ISI and fundamentalist terrorists of Pakistan. Jala-Ud-Din had contested in NALC elections twice. After awarding him membership of the so-called apex court (Chief Court) his younger brother Jahanzeb participated in elections on the ticket of PMLQ, which was given to him like others by ISI political cell. But Jahanzeb was badly defeated by Ghulam Mohammad with the support of BNF. That is why ISI has hatched conspiracy with the help of Mr. Jalal-Ud-Din to punish the people of Yasen, by false charges of terrorism.
It's an irony, that a political and prejudiced person, who had lost in elections and his family also lost almost all elections of NALC from Yasen, has been promoted to as head of Chief Court by the occupying regime with the blessing of ISI, so he could be used to punish the rivals of ISI as well as his own. During recent elections, Mr. Jalal had threatened the people of Yasen openly, that he would punish, if any one who have civil or criminal cases, dare to vote for others than his younger brother. Now, the life and properties of detainees is under threat, due to Mr. Jalal, who has become chairman of the so-called Chief Court. There are no criteria or rule or law for the Judiciary System prevail in this part of the world, which can be considered as real and impartial Judiciary.
IG (Police) Mr. Sakhiullah Jan Tareen (from Hazara Pakistan) has revealed, that he was given order from Pakistani higher Authority to arrest BNF and BNSO activists in the pretext of this public uprising against the kidnap. Instead of giving punishment to the culprits, the Police is teasing general public of Yasen and the detainees are severely tortured in Gilgit Torture Cells.
This is Pakistan, where terrorists are treated by normal laws but general public are treated harshly by terrorist laws and are tortured. Particularly this happens in the occupied part of Balawaristan (Gilgit Baltistan) and PoK.
It's requested to your honor, human rights activists and civilized world, the victims of terrorists, kins and public of Yasen and all over Balawaristan must be provided safety and security, otherwise the lives of the detainees are in serious danger. Your honor must take premeditated action to save the lives of innocent people of Yasen from the Torture Cells of the cruel Pakistani occupying regime and expected revengeful judgment of Mr. Jalal-Ud-Din the head of the Chief Court.
Abdul Hamid Khan
Chairman
Balawaristan National Front (BNF)

I personally do not trust any political party as such, however, when the people of that region themselves are saying such things, there have to be at least some iota of truth in it......

With contrast to this, the follwing is on record of the CNN and BBC news archives :

This is an area of 28000 Sq Miles disputed area of Jammu & Kashmir under Pakistan, which is the only part of the world,
1. where there is no Court to appeal against Human Rights violation
2. There is no free expression
3. Where politicians are facing WORLD RECORD sedition charges, the charges of seditions are the highest than the whole world.
4. There is no impartial Judiciary
5. There is no public representation
6. There is no Human Rights Organization
7. There is no free media
8. There is no free movement
9. The only thing is FREE here in this part of the world, is TERROR but by the help, direction and guidance of ISI.
10. This is the part of the World, where US coalition partner is still running terrorist camps without any hindrance and fear, due to these terrorists and it's master (ISI) the lives of the local indigenous democracy and freedom loving indigenous people are under threat.

I am not sure, but are the common public in Pakistan privy to these facts ? If not, then it is really sad.

pakustan wants kashmir and kahmiriz to b happy and liv in peace but dats impossoble if india has kas kashmir howz that impossible. impossible?kaise?? vo to hum bhi nahi keh rahe ki koi shaanti mein na rahe. agar koi peace agreements kar rahe hain to issi liye ki dono mulkon mein shaanti bani rahe impossible becuz kashmiriz r muslimz and did u even no dat when pakistan didint exixt and they were so called "indian muslimz" they cud not liv wid da hinduz

Today India has the third largest Muslim polpulation in the world after Indoneasia and Pakistan.

The Muslims in India have national holiday for each of their festival and it is celebrated with fervour by everyone. The muslim neighbours in India lovingly give Eidis to their Hindu neighbours and so many of us look forward to Eid because we love their biriyani and sewayiann. They have right to vote, just like any other Indian citizen. The men even have the right to have four wives, which is very much against the Hindu sentiments, nevertheless the sentiment of the muslims have been given due prefernce. They are free to practice their religion, study in madarsas, particiapate in the local and national politics.

The religious bigots can be found in any country, so why single out Hindus? Some countries go to extreme to practice this fanaticism. When my husband visited Saudi Arabia three years back, he wasn't allowed to take along any symbol of his religion, which is Hindu, inside the country of Saudi Arabia. His laptop was screened to check if he carried any symbol of his religion. Practicing your faith in such an environment obviously is out of question. India has never ever imposed any restrictions. So why would the muslims not like to live with the Hindus?

Some elements are there who try to impose Hindism everywhere, but then, every country in the world tries to super impose the religion of it's majority some way or the other, be it the Muslims, or the Christians or the Jews. Then why are Hindus in India singled out for attacks if they want to glorify their religion in their own country? Isn't that's a bit unfiar ? As long as it is peaceful and does not harm the interest of anyone, it should not be a problem for anyone. We need to remember that religious fanaticism , for any religion, be it Islam, or Hinduism, or Christianity or Jewism, is terrible, and it needs to be discouraged at all levels without any second thoughts.

da only way they can find a solution until kashmiriz r included in dis whole matter and they r token note seriously and we shud hav their opinion their wishes aswel i like that idea but they will decide by poll then and obviously chahe vo pak kashmir ho chahe indian kashmir, herapheri to polls mein ho hi jayegi. phir wahi jhamela.wotever they do kashmiriz hav to b included in da final decison along wid india and pakistan datz da best way
da best solution wi b if kashmiriz pakistaniz and indians
all thre r satisfied wid da final decison and solution to da big matter

I agree. The sentiments of the people living in that region should be taken into account and then a solution should be reached. However, with both the countires only trying to serve their selfish purpose in variety of degrees, I doubt it's going to happen any soon.

Edited by Minnie - 18 years ago
anjali.nair thumbnail

impossible becuz kashmiriz r muslimz and did u even no dat when pakistan didint exixt and they were so called "indian muslimz" they cud not liv wid da hinduz

please don't assume that all kashmiris are muslims. there are lots of kashmiri hindus in the region too. our first prime minister was a kashmiri. we have many muslim dominated areas in india like malabar in kerala, hyderabad in andhra pradesh, lucknow in UP etc. what would happen if we divide all those regions on the basis of religion?

kashmir was and is an integral part of india. i wish people stop fighting in the name of religion. religious fanatics interpret the holy books according to their convenience and mislead the youth. none of the holy books ask you to kill people. it's time the youth learn evil intentions of these fanatics and start living in peace again.

before becoming a good hindu or a good muslim they need to become a good human being. 

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Errr I just wanted to set the history point straight.....😳

After Indian Independence in 1947, the ruler of the princely state of Kashmir, Maharaja Hari Singh, refused to accede to either India or Pakistan. The Bristish did not officially make the division, it was the premier of both the countries who sat and decided on the areas to be included in both the countries. At that point many Indian states, like Hyderabad (present day Andhara Pradedh), Junagarh etc had not conceeded to join India. There was a mischievious provision in Lord Mountbatten's award of independence that the princely states could either remain independent or merge with India or Pakistan. Hence few of these states  chose to remain independent. However, the situation became difficult in both junagrh and Hyderabad as there was an internal revolt against the rulers in both the states and they soon conceeded to India's merger.

Kashmir still remained independent. However, Pakistan invaded Kashmir in the following year, on the demand that they merge with pakistan. The ruler of Kashmir sought help from the Indian government and agreed to place Kashmir under the dominion of India. As a result India sent its troops to Kashmir to help the Maharaja. A UN cease-fire in 1949 saw the end of fighting and created the first Line-of-Control. Kashmir was recognised as a part of India by the world council. Kashmir was integrated with India in 1956 under a new constitution. The area taken over by Pakistan in 1947 still remained under Pakistan.

Hari Singh had also made the stipulation that Kashmir would be remain a soveriegn territory under the Indian rule- this status is only enjoyed by the state of Kashmir in India, no other state has had this priviledge - and it remains in effect to this day. The provision is called Article 370 of the Indian constitution which clearly states that Kashmir will continue to enjoy the special status under the Indian constitution.

👏

I believe everything is right in black, and in red, i am not sure. so I wont comment. especially about the Article

but yes thats what happened.

After the separation and all that Kashmirs wanted to be part of Pakistan. as the majority of Kashmiris were Muslims.

so another fight of freedom started from 16th august 1947. and it never ended

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 18 years ago

Originally posted by: bluepink

we already have established why pakistan was created and how kashmir became a part of india but i didn't see many arguments about creation of bangladesh.

i don't think it is right to say that the minister of east pakistan back stabbed pakistan in 1971. just like how pakistanis defend the separation of india and pakistan, bangladeshis too defend it but instead of religion it was more based on language. the trouble brewed right from 1947 when pakistan was created. east pakistanis (now bangladesh) were keen on making dhaka the capital of pakistan as they were in majority at that time. but all the major political leaders belonged to west pakistan and karachi was made the capital. all major jobs were taken by west pakistanis. more than muslim brotherhood, west & east were divided on the basis of language. east pakistanis also didn't support pakistan's cause for kashmir war. according to them it was waste of money. at that point bangladeshi unity was their language not religion.

Yes it was language, and a huge communication gap between them. In 1970 election I think, when Bhutto won. as he got majority in West Pakistan. in East Pakistan another guy won with majority. so there was a clash keh who will be the prime minister. as both got majority of the votes from both parts. east Pakistanis wanted him to be their prime minister, and west Pakistanis wanted Bhutto. taking the advantage of more poplutation and area Bhutto was made the prime minister of Pakistan. which hurted East Pakistanis. As a result they started Anti West Pakistan thing. and in 1971 war, when General Naizi's army was on the border of India and East Pakistan, His army was surrounded by Indian Army in the front and East Pakistani Army members and aam janta at their backs. and General Niazi had to lay his arms.

in my opinion india exploited pakistan's predicament to their ease. they gave all the support in creation of bangladesh. they played the same cards which british did in dividing our nation on the basis of religion. india divided pakistan on the basis of language. it is very easy to divide two brothers when trust takes a backseat. british convinced indian muslims that they were going to be treated as second class citizens once india was given freedom and our muslim brothers fell in the trap. same way india played their cards when they saw the trouble brewing in pakistan and liberated east Pakistanis to form bangladesh.

true, I heard that, India supported East Pakistani Governoment and that guy. that is the reason they were able to take such a big step.

i think it's time to move on. there is no point in living in the past and losing millions of brothers daily in the name of jihad. a piece of land has become a pride to both countries but do you think if kashmir is given independence all the trouble stops there? NO. the problems are deep rooted. political parties of both countries need a burning issue to keep their vote banks and kashmir issue is going to remain the same till we consider us human first and hindu-muslim after that.

Agree with u 100%.

by keeping the issue of Kashmir alive, both countires are gaining sympathies from all over the world. it is an hot topic, and is on headlines in every news and newspapers. both countries are getting a huge amount of foreign money in the shape of charity, which is good for both of them.

its all politics and nothing more. It might be a religion issue in the begining but not anymore.

Groovychick thumbnail

Originally posted by: simrat91

Very gud pointz made heart girl!! 👏 👏 👏

i agree!

kashmir woz originally pakistans..no 1..i mean no1 can deny that!! there is evidence 2 prove this..pakistan SNATCHED kishmir 4rm india by a war..i am NOT  being biased altho yes i am a hindu but pakistan is claiming wot woz neva meant 2 b theirs..n i am supportin india in woteva they do in order 2 get kashmir bak as i no 4 a fact that the r RIGHT! kashmir woz india's, still is india's and will ALWAYS belong 2 india!!!

i really hope that india will one day b able 2 gain bak kashmir..nd i'm 110% sure that v will get wot woz originally ours😊

nd heart girl i agree with u 10000000000000000000000000%..keep it goin gal...ur doin gr8!

lub ju loadssss

xXxTinaxXx

Originally posted by: jasunap

at this stage a plebicite can happen only if kashmir was back as it was before, the pakistan occupied kashmir and the china occupied kashmir will have to be vacated and the hardlines moved and infltration stopped and army go back and then yes a plebicite may be held!

there is a china occupied kashmir too???

how many kashmir's are there?

Minnie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

👏

I believe everything is right in black, and in red, i am not sure. so I wont comment. especially about the Article

but yes thats what happened.

It's an Article in the Indian constitution which grants special status to J&K where India would have the right to make laws on foreign policies and defense. The internal govt of J&K would decide on the rest of the administrative laws, mostly pertaining to local bodies of governance, property and inheritence laws etc and that would not be subjective to the Union laws of India. The higest judiciary would be Supreme Court if the State was unable to solve a political issue. The rest of the cases would be solved by the J&K courts. Most of the laws and the policies that run in the state have been made by the local bodies.

It's been a reason for discontent in India itself as many states felt that the Indian Constitution was partial towards Kashmir by granting it such a favourable status. Their point was, why was the rest of the states were not being granted the same status as Kashmir, or why should kashmir not be treated on the same grounds as any other state in india. Due to this reason there were many protests that were carried out in India as well as Kashmir where the Hindus, the Garos and the Laddhakhis  viewed it as a disadvantage to their communities.

This issue has taken a backseat from the early nineties when the terrorist started trancending the borders to set up camps and turn this once thriving beautiful tourist valley into a rubble of violence, forcing countless Pundits, Garos, Sikhs and Laddhakhis to leave their home and become a refugee in their own country and force the majority muslim populi live in constant fear and terror.

anjali.nair thumbnail

20% of kashmir belongs to china. china occupies aksai chin. this resulted in 1962 war between india and china. in 1965 pakistan gave away over 2000 sq. miles of kashmir to china under the sino-pak boundary agreement which helped china to build the aksai chin highway connecting tibet to china in turn pakistan was given a special place in the chinese scheme of fishing in the troubled waters of south asia. it's all about politics. who cares about people?

very interesting artcile about kashmir

http://www.didyouknow.org/story/kashmir.htm

Minnie thumbnail

😆😆  There used to be only one Kashmir, which was governed by a Hindu King but 55% of it's population was Muslim. The king refused to accede to either India or Pakistan. Pakistan raided Kashmir to force it to merge with it, Kashmir was unprepared for the attack and to stop the plundering and looting, it turned to India. After a long hauled fight, there was a cease fire. The large chunk of it was occupied by Pakistan, that area is known as Balwaristan or Boloriatan. In 1962, China invaded India and occupied a large part in the Siachen Glacier as well some parts in the North eastern states of India and tried  unsuccessfully overtake some major Northeastern states (specially Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim) as well as parts of laddakh.

Pakistan tacitly supported China in it's border disputes with India and under 1965 Sino-border agreement, Pakistan ceded the 5000 sq. km Shaksgam valley to China. It lies to the north east of Siachen glacier. The Karrakoram ranges also form the most important trade route to China.

😆 Saba sweety, sometimes you are just too much !!! I just love ur emoticons 😆. Trust you to bring a smile on the face amongst such serious discussion !!!!

Edited by Minnie - 18 years ago
anjali.nair thumbnail
This is a delineation of all the important events in the history of Kashmir that have led up to the current situation. (http://news.indiainfo.com/)

Bullet 1931: A time in history when the worst communal riots occurred led by Sheikh Abdullah. This was also the year of the Muslim Conference.

Bullet 1947: The year of Indian independence. Maharaja Hari Singh, ruler of Kashmir, yet to make up his mind regarding accession the Standstill Agreement. India honored that agreement but Pakistan did not.

ArrowOct 22nd 1947 : Pakistan violates the Standstill Agreement by preventing essential supplies to the State. Armed Pakistani tribesman entered Kashmir forcing the Maharaja to flee to India.
ArrowOn Oct 26, 1947 : Maharaja Hari Singh signs the instrument of Accession,
ArrowThe accession of Kashmir was accepted by the Governor General of India Lord Mount batten.
ArrowPrime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru accepted Jammu & Kashmir's accession to India and agreed to rescue his people from the Pakistani attackers.
ArrowOct 27, 1947 : The first Indian forces arrived in Kashmir to defend against Pakistani troops. The Indians succeeded.

Bullet 1948: India declared a unilateral cease-fire and under Article 35 of the U.N. Charter. India files a complaint with the U.N. Security Council.

ArrowJan 20, 1948: The U.N. Security Council in its resolution of establishes the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan (UNCIP)
ArrowJul 1948: Mohd. Zafrulla Khan, then the Foreign Minister of Pakistan and principal Delegate of Pakistan in the U.N. admits to the U.N. Commission for India and Pakistan that the Pakistani Army had been in Kashmir
ArrowJun 1948: Sheikh Abdullah declares, "We the people of Jammu and Kashmir, have thrown our lot with Indian people not in the heat of passion or a moment of despair, but by a deliberate choice. The union of our people has been fused by the community of ideals and common sufferings in the cause of freedom"

Bullet 1949: Jan 1, 1949: Amidst great tension, one minute before midnight, India and Pakistan concluded a formal cease-fire agreement.

ArrowJan 5, 1949: Almost a year after Nehru's offer of plebiscite, the UNCIP passes a resolution that states, "The question of accession of the state of Jammu and Kashmir to India or Pakistan will be decided through the democratic method of free and impartial plebiscite". However, Pakistan has yet to comply with the earlier resolution and withdraw from the State.
Arrow1949: Not withstanding the opposition by several authors of the Indian Constitution, including Dr. Ambedkar, its chief architect, Article 370 was inserted in the constitution of India. This article is meant as a temporary measure, to be in effect until the formal constitution of Jammu and Kashmir is drafted.

Bullet 1950: Apr 1950 UN Security Council appoints Sir Owen Dixon as the UN representative in place of UNCIP to find expeditious and enduring solution to the India-Pakistan dispute over Kashmir.

ArrowOct 1950: General Council of the National Conference demands elections to create a Constituent Assembly.

Bullet 1951:

Arrow05 Jul 1951: Violation of Kashmir cease-fire line
ArrowSep 1951: Elections for the Constituent Assembly are held. The National Conference wins all 45 seats unopposed
ArrowOct 1951: Constituent Assembly of the State of Jammu and Kashmir is inaugurated.
ArrowNov 5, 1951: The Constituent Assembly is given four tasks by Sheikh Abdullah which including the accession to India.
ArrowNov-Dec 1951: Karan Singh steps down as the ruler, and is elected by the Constituent Assembly of the Jammu and Kashmir State as Sardar- i-Riyasat (Governor).

Bullet 1952 : Jana Sangh begins campaign called "Ek Vidhan Ek Pradhan" (One Constitution, one leader) and demands that the State of Jammu and Kashmir be totally integrated into India and that the people from the other States be able to visit Jammu and Kashmir without a passport.

Jana Sang leader Shyamaprasad Mukherjee dies in a Kashmiri Jail under mysterious circumstances.

Bullet 1953 : Aug 9, 1953: Sheikh Abdullah is arrested.

Bullet 1954 : Feb 1954: Under the leadership of Bakshi Ghulam Mohammad, the democratically elected Constituent Assembly of the State of Jammu and Kashmir ratified the State's accession to India.

Bullet 1956 : Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act 1956, the category of Part B State was abolished and Jammu and Kashmir was included as one of the States of India under Article I. However, Article 370 of the Indian constitution is still retained.

Bullet 1964 : Sheikh Abdullah released from the prison.

Bullet 1965 : Pakistan attacks India, in operation code named, Gibraltar. The defeat of Pakistan results in the Tashkent Agreement between the two countries.

Arrow05 Apr 1965: Pakistan gave away over 2000 sq. miles of Indian Territory in Kashmir to China under the Sino-Pak boundary agreement.
Arrow23 Apr 1965: Pakistan launched an assault along a 60-mile front from Ding to Chhad in the Rann of Kutch.
Arrow05 Aug 1965: Pak infiltrators crossed into Indian territory all along the 470 mile cease fire line in Kashmir.
Arrow21 Aug 1965: Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri holds Pakistan responsible for sending 3,000 to 4,000 infiltrators into Kashmir and warned of an attack if aggression did not stop.

Bullet 1971 : Pakistani attack on India results in the third war between the two countries.

Arrow03 Dec 1971: Pakistan launched a premeditated air strike on a number of Indian airfields. Pakistan is completely defeated, over 90,000 of its men surrendered.
ArrowThe birth of Bangladesh.

Bullet 1972 : India and Pakistan sign the Shimla Pact. The two agree to respect the line of control until the issue is finally resolved.

Bullet 1975 : Feb 24-25, 1975: Following an accord signed Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and Sheikh Abdullah on February 24, 1975, Jammu and Kashmir is made a "Constituent Unit" of India on February 25, 1975. Through this accord Indian Parliament reaffirms its right to legislate on any matter concerning the territory of the State.

Bullet 1977 : National Conference wins the first post-Emergency elections.

Bullet 1982 : Sheikh Abdullah nominates his son, Farooq Abdullah as his successor setting up a political rivalry between Farooq Abdullah and his brother-in-law G. M. Shah.

Bullet 1986 : In one of the most shameful acts of religious massacre, several ancient historical Hindu temples are destroyed and scores of Hindus were killed in the city of Anantnag. Chief Minister G. M. Shah looses power to his brother-in-law Farooq Abdullah.

Bullet 1990-1991 : In a spate of terrorist violence, 2400 people have died so far, and 300,000 people have been driven out of their homes. Pakistan's involvement in this carnage of violence is beyond doubt.

Bullet 1999 : The Kargil crisis once again brought back images of SOBBING wives, broken mothers, stoic fathers, bewildered children. Flag-draped coffins of officers and jawans coming home. With unrelenting regularity, these tragic images of the Kargil conflict filled the nation's consciousness Indian and Pakistani troops fought a 50-day war.
Read about The Heros of Kargil our soldiers who sacrificed there live's to save our border from intruders.

Bullet 2001 : General Parvez Musharraf visited India to meet Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee for the Summit talks in Agra. The nation watched in disappointment as the Summit was declared a failure but the people of Kashmir continue to hope each time the leaders meet to decide the lives of thousands of innocent lives.