Bollywood Diva: Madhuri Dixit FC

*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Heyloozzzzzzzz people...

Here we go again with yet another thread of MD and her iconic fans like usπŸ˜›...

Thx fr making earlier ones successful....

Rock solid this one too....πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Madhuri Dixit's allure lies in her classic good looks and poise. The much sought after actress was the muse of artist M.F.Hussain and is tagged as an outstanding dancer adding that extra bit of spice to the film screens.

Ek Do Teen
Madhuri Shankar Dixit was born on 15 May 1967 into a Marathi Brahmin family in Mumbai, India. Her parents are Shankar and Snehalata Dixit. She is the youngest of four children. She has two older sisters Rupa and Bharati, and an older brother Ajit.

Madhuri studied at the Parle College and considered a future in micro-biology. She also trained in Kathak for over eight years.   

She was linked with actor Sanjay Dutt before she married Sriram Madhav Nene, a surgeon based in the USA in 1999. They have two sons, Arin born in 2003 and Ryan in 2005. The family lives in Denver, Colorado.

The Government of India conferred Madhuri the Padma Shri Award, the highest civilian award, in 2008.

Queen of Hearts
It took Madhuri Dixit a little over three years to make a name for herself in Bollywood. 

1984 to 1989 Madhuri's first movie was Abodh in 1984 and after a few forgettable performances, she appeared in Dayavan, a remake of the Tamil hit Nayagan, with Vinod Khanna and Feroz Khan. Tezaab with Anil Kapoor became a box office hit and she followed this with performances in Ram Lakhan, Prem Prathiyaga, Tridev and Parinda which became India's official entry to the Oscars. Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor enjoyed a successful chemistry on screen and worked together in many movies.

1990 to 1995 Madhuri won the Filmfare Best Actress Award in 1990 for her role as Madhu in Indra Kumar's Dil opposite Aamir Khan. Saajan, a love triangle, starring Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt did good business in 1991. She starred with Anil Kapoor in 1992 in movies like Khel, Zindagi Ek Jua and Beta. One of Madhuri's most famous dance sequences 'Dhak Dhak Karne Laga' was from Beta. She won another Filmfare Best Actress Award. 

In 1993, Khalnayak with Sanjay Dutt and Jackie Shroff was a blockbuster while her dance sequence 'Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai' created ripples as she sets off to trap the criminal Ballu. If Anjaam with Shah Rukh Khan in 1994 failed to do well, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun with Salman Khan broke records and added another feather, a rather bright one, in her cap. She won her third Filmfare Best Actress Award. She had two releases in 1995, Raja and Yaarana.

1996 to 2009 Madhuri's success rate tapered until the 1997 release Yash Chopra's Dil to Paagal Hai in which she was seen as Pooja, a dancer. In 2000, she faced Anil Kapoor once again in Rajkumar Santoshi's Pukar as Anjali who wreaks havoc in the life of Major Jaidev Rajvansh. She was also seen in M.F.Hussain's Gaja Gamini. The movie famously inspired by her, explores the different facets of a woman.

In 2001, she played Jhanki in Lajja that centered around strong female characters. In Devdas, a much anticipated release in 2002, Madhuri donned the role of a courtesan Chandramukhi whose love for Devdas doesn't save him. Her portrayal of the courtesan won her the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.

She moved away from Bollywood for five years and returned back in Aaja Nachle in 2007 as Dia who is trying to bring the Ajanta Theater back on to its feet. The movie refused to take off at the box office. 

She came  back with Jhalak Dikhlaja and people waved abt her.....she proved yet again that she was and will be always a true original Bwood Diva....😳

The link to the earlier FC's are given below:

Keep discussing my friends
Edited by *Resham* - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Resham* thumbnail
By the way ppl I got my copy of FF...and trust me the feeling is just fabulous.....

Its for keeps...awwww...

Here is some more news for her

By Bollywood Hungama News Network

The very name of Madhuri Dixit is synonymous not just with class, elan and style, but also with universal appeal. No wonder then, the 'Dhak Dhak' girl of yesteryears still continues to be the heartbeat of millions even today! 

After having made a 'comeback' of sorts as a judge in a dance reality show this year, this diva has also bagged fresh endorsement deals. Bollywood Hungama's reliable sources say that she has now been signed up to endorse Expert Dish wash bar.

The official announcement of the same is awaited.

Naach Gaana And Khaana With Madhuri Dixit

March 30, 2011 by FSJ 

Get more than just a jhalak of vintage Madhuri Dixit as she flies back to Denver after an eventful winter in amchi Mumbai

Naach Gaana

"I found acting and dancing far easier than judging!"

After wrapping up this season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Madhuri gave her special throaty laugh and remarked, "It was a tough job for all three of us – Malaika, Remo and me – to judge the participants in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

I took into account factors like personality, body language, confidence level and experience.

Expression is essential too, since just technique without expression is one-dimensional. Honestly, I found acting and dancing far easier than judging!"

"All three of us judges felt that Krishna Abhishek should have been in the Top 5!"

"All three of us judges felt that Krishna Abhishek should have been in the Top 5!"

As for the gymnastics that has crept into dancing, her swift reply was, "When you have dance forms like jazz, samba and jive, gymnastics is a must."

A skilled kathak dancer, Madhuri could never bring herself to be a hardnosed judge as she was wistful whenever a contestant was shown the door. "But since it was a competition, some had to be eliminated," she accepted.

"The eliminations were always a surprise for each one of us. All three of us judges felt that Krishna Abhishek should have been in the Top 5.

But elimination was an unpredictable process since it was not just what we thought about the participants but their popularity with the viewers which also counted a hell of a lot. Especially since among the participants there were several TV stars, sports personalities, etc."

"I'd like to call Rani Mukerjee home because I know she will do half the cooking!"

"I'd like to call Rani Mukerjee home because I know she will do half the cooking!"

Ms Nene was admired since she projected the right attitude and was never rude or condescending, mainly because she said she was aware of the tough preparations involved. "If people spend time and energy rehearsing till 4 am after shooting the whole day, I respect them and must be patient with them."

More than anything else, this show was particularly free of staged dramas and TRP-driven fights. And Mads was grateful that the channel gave the judges a free hand to do their job.

"Whatever we did on the show was 100 per cent genuine and nothing was prearranged. All three of us had differences of opinion at times over different participants but that didn't mean we had to have a big fight!"

Khaana

While in town, Madhuri also became the lifestyle ambassador for Sanjeev Kapoor's channel Food Food. "I was very thrilled when Sanjeev Kapoor approached me because my husband, my parents, my in-laws, all of us are foodies.

"I was very impressed with my husband when we got married because he could cook better than me! Naach-gaana and khaana are all part of the Indian lifestyle. I have lots of cookery books at home and I still refer to them when I cook."

"When we got married my husband could cook better than me!"

"When we got married my husband could cook better than me!"

Madhuri savours the Maharashtrian dish kaande pohe but makes chicken tikka masala too, since her husband loves it. And he freaks out on Punjabi food. Madhuri laughed as she recalled the first time she tried to make prawns for Dr Nene. "I didn't know that prawns should not be cooked beyond a certain point.

When I served them to my husband, he said it was very good but when I tasted a bit of it myself, I realized it was like chewing gum!"

Her wish-list: She'd love to call Shah Rukh Khan home when she cooks because even if the food turned out bad, she was sure he'd be gracious enough to say it was very good.

"I'd also like to call Rani Mukerjee home because we got along very well and I know she will do half the cooking! Director Partho Ghosh's wife is also a very good cook. When I was acting in 100 Days, she used to bring a lot of Bengali dishes to the sets."

Madhuri's heart goes dhak dhak for

Pandit Birju Maharaj, even today. "He is the ultimate kathak dancer in our country today. However, my favourite dancer in films is Vyjayanthimala, whose dances have always mesmerized me. Helen is another of my hot favourites, especially since she had an inimitable style of her own. Way back in the 60s, actors had more of style and less of dancing technique.

"Hrithik Roshan is poetry when he dances!"

I liked Shammi Kapoor's style of dancing, though he was not a dancer actually. The reason we tend to remember the dances of Rishi Kapoor even today is because he used to pick up the smallest of beats even in a qawwali. Among the dancers of today, I would definitely say that Hrithik Roshan is poetry when he dances since he has an amazing style of his own."

Cricket and the World Cup: "My all-time favourite among cricketers has always been Sunil Gavaskar, since I was a tiny tot. These days my favourite is Sachin Tendulkar."

See you next year

Madhuri is happy that filmmaking has undergone a radical change now. "It is gratifying to note that a lot of corporates are making films in a period of three months. There was a time when we used to work in films which went on for two to three years.

I am ready to work in films and would love to work in a Marathi film, since it is my mother tongue."

The former top star in Bollywood didn't deny that she turned down Anil Kapoor's offer to cast her in the Hindi remake of Freaky Friday (in the role Jamie Lee Curtis carried off with such panache), not because she was required to play Sonam's mother but because she did not like the role.

"I am a mum in real life and if the role is good, I'm game to do it, whether I am required to play a father or a mother!" she laughed.

"I was very thrilled when Sanjeev Kapoor approached me because my husband, my parents, my in-laws, all of us are foodies!"

"I was very thrilled when Sanjeev Kapoor approached me because my husband, my parents, my in-laws, all of us are foodies!"

What did she think of 'size zero'? Madhuri shot back, "I know only medium, large and small sizes!"

The former dhak-dhak gal sprang a bit of a surprise when she mentioned that her sons liked watching her dance whenever they saw any of her old films on TV, but otherwise they have not shown any inclination towards dancing till now.

She also confirmed that talks are on with the Sony guys for the next season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. "I have enjoyed every moment of my stint with the show. I have had a good experience and would love to come back next season as one of the judges!"

As for films, with her asking price of '5 crore (higher than Kareena or Katrina!) either there's going to be a long wait or a big climbdown by her before we see Madhuri and her mega watt smile on the big screen again!

*Resham* thumbnail

Share this on Rediff.com

Madhuri Dixit has worked with Aamir, SRK and Salman, but not withHrithik Roshan. The actress apparently regrets that she did not get a chance to work with Duggu. 

She describes him as poetry in motion. And she keeps on reminding everyone about this fact every now and then. Mads even proclaimed it on her telly show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Any takers for his combo?

Edited by *Resham* - 13 years ago
Gaja-Gamini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for opening another FC!

Congrats on your copy of FF. Would you happen to have a GOOD scanner around? 😳

Madhuris latest tweet: "Congrats India! Time to bring the World Cup home!"
*Resham* thumbnail
Thx fr this tweet dear, unfortunately I dont have a scanner that I can get the pix clearlyπŸ˜’
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@ Resham:

CongratulationsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...This is our 4th MD FF!!πŸ₯³ WOW!! The Intro page looks Gr8 Resham!!πŸ‘πŸΌ Lucky Girl you already have your FF copy!!πŸ˜ƒ I haven't got mine yet...the shopkeeper said it'll be on stands tomorrowπŸ˜•...so its another day's wait for me!😭 How am i gonna manage to wait that long for MD's special issue!?😳 But what i got instead was the March Stardust issue with MD's Fab interview in it n there are Gr8 pics too!😊...which i'll be sharing with you all in a while!😳😳
luv_sakshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: suzi_b

Dunno which magazine is this....seems from the Stardust group....I haven't seen it either.....πŸ˜•

Thanks Suzi😊...Guess the Mag is available only in Mumbai..πŸ˜•
luv_sakshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gaja-Gamini

How do you like my siggy?  πŸ˜‰

Awesome piece of Work Alenka!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ This one's absolutely BeautifulπŸ˜ƒ....the texture n blending are Gr8!πŸ‘πŸΌ Love the words you've used...s apt for MD!πŸ₯³ What else are you good at Gal?πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰...you seem to be coming up with surprises lately!πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† BTW, I simply LOVED your "MD - Tribute to the Goddess" YT video tributeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...Rocking work thereπŸ‘πŸΌ....where did you get that Background score?😳 Its very different!😊 Thanks for sharing MD's tweet!😳😳
luv_sakshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Resham*

..why r ppl hellbent on spoiling her reputation yet again....😑 These articles doesnt deter me at all...gosh these ppl cant digest her popularity and status.....and wht will Deepika do in Rajni's film...stand like a statue almost....

Leave it na Resham! People have no better work to do than to point fingers at others😑..they can rant as much as they want or spread any amount of negativity🀒...we all know what the result of that is gonna be😊...More MD Fans n Loyalists sticking by her side!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ For Deepika...well, she too cold on screen n off!πŸ₯± LOLZ!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† The person who's making this comparison with Deeps n Madz sure needs to get a life!!πŸ€ͺ Anyways, forget all this, i'll give you a reason to smile shortly...πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰
TheMadhurifan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The IV FC πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Madhuri has gr8 fans, so keep it going guys.
Resham Congrats on getting your copy of FF, I wish we the fans also had a way of getting a copy too 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭, as much a we would love to have our own copy 😭😭😭😭😭, we are helpless and have to really on good quality  scans from the fans in India. And I must say that you guys are doing gr8 πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
By the way I had posted the link to a video in the last FC, don't know how many of you watched?
So here you go I'll post it again 😊
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQjS6ri0pc