Mayank&Nupur:With You...Last Part Pg 33

Posted: 13 years ago

...I feel Complete

----------------------------------
Chapter 1: Family Secrets
The house was an old, it looked liked as if it was taken out of 18th century British houses catalogue. It had a brownish black color and the windows were designed with stained glass which gave the house that whole creepy look. But no doubt it was beautiful; with over grown branches of side by trees covering it and that old fashioned roof definitely had its own touch to it that stood apart from the rest.

It was quite dark in the night whilst he stood near his car while his parents struggled to get out the car, with their gifts and miscellaneous items it was definitely taking them a long while and he finding nothing better to do analyzed the house.

''you can't do one thing right' he heard his mother taunt his father who was ever so lovingly only trying to help his wife out but you know what they say with women its the opposite, meaning if his dad didn't look so eager to help her she would be pleased with him. It's a territory thing, women hate it when men try to invade their space and try to correct them and why they wouldn't by all means women had or have proven to be equal as men so its time they started behaving as equals.

Watching his dad struggled and trail behind his mom who was adorned in a pale white sari looking stunning as ever, her fragile features made her look quite younger than her age, whilst his dad the love sick puppy he was, dressed in a black suit looking very dashing as always.

It was no surprise to anyone why their offspring had turned to be so handsome, with parents like these it was a no brainer.

''dad would you quit bugging mom, maybe she'd calm down abit'' he advised his dad lovingly, watching the expressions on his fathers face turn from worried to stern. Now if women had territory issues, men were no less they had egos and that too gigantic ones. They felt the need to dominate everything and everyone.

'' Son, I'm only trying to help your mother'' hearing his wife grunt at the lame excuse, he quietened up

"Mom are you done, can we go inside now, this place gives me the creeps! How do people live here?''

''my dear son, you really need to join me at the office! Do you know how much a house in this area is worth? Actually its really weird they say this area use to be the center of some big celebrity spot but after the fire it was a quite town, people stopped coming and than during the recession theses houses were at their lowest, people who were having a rough time decided to embed into them and now look today they are worth a fortune!''

Giving off boredom expressions he finally smiled seeing his mom walk off to the curb with a few boxes in her hand and two three gift bags hanging in her hand, '' alittle help please?'' hearing her plead, both son and father made their way to her and grabbed the materialistic things from her, '' and who are these people again?''

''your future in ' laws'' his dad replied in a quick nick, but what followed surprised the couple, '' mom dad if this is some surprise marriage attack, I swear I will run away' he warned them.

''son, you have to get married today or tomorrow'' walking towards the house gave him chills the nearer they got the more odd it became but than he heard this soothing sound, it sounded like a guitar, No a violin yes a violin each and every note matched perfectly and whoever this person was definitely knew what they were doing.

''Son ''stopping in front of the door he felt himself become at unease again when the music stopped, shuffling his foot over and over, he pressed the bell. At first there was silence everywhere but noises started to rouse through and finally the door plunged open.

''savitri?" watching his mother reunite with her long last family members was a pleasurable but he thanked god when his father interrupted and the greeting lady invited them in. She looked like she was in her mid ' forties; draped in a elegant navy blue sari she carried herself with grace and elegance as she lead them to the living room.

''Raj" as if watching his mothers reunion was not enough, his father did the same it seemed like they all been very good friends at some point of their lives but were separated due to circumstances.

Once all the reuniting was done the four turned their attention to one and only young guy standing in the room looking confused as ever.

''and who is this?" savitri asked

''oh, savitri you weren't around when he was born, oh how foolish of me, this is Mayank my son actually my one and only son''

''hi everyone'' mayank waved his hand around, but he stopped mid way seeing the intense glare of savitri's it was as if something was cooking up in her mind. It was weird of him to think like than but the lady was focused on him and lost in her thoughts.

''so where are your bundle of joys?'' mayanks mother asked once they had settled on the couch and were sipping into their soft drinks.

''bundle of joy'' savitri corrected, '' but savitri'' mayank watched how she told her husband to be queit through her eyes and he understood just fine.

'And let me call her'' getting up she headed out of the room, Mayank nudged his mother expressing his annoyance and irritation but his mother weary eyes warned him and told him to behave and like the good bye he was he listened to her.

Savitri once again made her entrance into the room eagerly and joined mayank on the two seat couch, '' she'll be right down''

Pausing she turned towards the young lad, 'so mayank, what are you doing these days?''

Mayank smiled settling himself, '' nothing much, just here and the ---'' his mother cut him halfway before he could finish, ''savitri, mayank will be joining dev into his business very soon''

After giving a disappointed look to his mother, he smiled to finally see someone around his age group walk into the room, she was dressed in a simple churidaar and her facial features were soft unlike her mother but those devilish eyes gave away her naughtiness.

''beta come in'' her mother advised her, she greeted the elders politely after getting one of those motherly glares.

'' shilpa , this is my daughter Gunjan, and Gunjan this is my college friend shilpa, her husband dev and their son mayank Once the introduction was done, savitri nudged gunjan looking at mayank, '' hi mayank'' gunjan said hesitantly.

'' nice to meet you gunjan''

Once again they were interrupted but this time it was by the sound of the violin playing, Mayank looked at gunjan confused he thought she had been the one playing it previously but now his guess had turned into a confirmation she didn't even look like the type of girl who would be into playing the violin more of a bookworm type.

''savitri, I thought you only had one child?" Shilpa asked, Raj gave a disappointed look to his wife, but she being the dominating force in the relationship sidelined him once again.

Mayank looked on anticipating awaited savitri's answer, he wouldn't lie he was intrigued by the violinist, now only if she would reveal herself.

''shilpa, Gunjan is our only child, actually Nupur is Raj's Sister's daughter, she has a big recital coming up so she likes to keep in her room and practice'' anyone who knew savitri could understand she was lying but both daughter father kept mum.

Feeling the uncomfortable silence in the room, savitri turned towards Gunjan, " gunjan why don't you show mayank your room'' mayank groaned but smiled seeing his mothers discerning face, " why not, shall we gunjan?" he extended his hand towards the shy and timid lady and watched her entwine her arm within his.

They both headed upstairs leaving the adults alone, walking up the stairs the violin only became louder and clearer but it was soothing to ear, except at moments when it would hit the high note and hold it there for a while.

Gunjan pushed open the door to the room, Mayank was surprised at first when he saw the sliding doors between the room but realized it must have been for the other girl.

The music slowed down when they entered and in a moment or so it completely stopped and after a shuffle of noises it became silent on the other side.

Gunjan flopped on the bed, 'so this is my room!'' she exaggerated, Mayank smiled watching her open up a book, '' nice room' he marveled around noticing the little details about the room, like how the wall was pale white and there was a single bed opposite to it was a dressed which was filled with pictures but there were only two girls in the pictures one was gunjan and the other before he could look closely gunjan spoke up, 'that's Nupur di, the same girl mom was talking about'' she explained clearing abit of mayanks confusion.

Before he could ask anything else, gunjan continued on, '' she lives with because her parents died when she was born and her adoptive parents dads sister and her husband passed away a few years ago''

''okay' mayank said, pausing he turned towards the surpressed girl who was gleaming about something in her phone, '' but I didn't ask'

Gunjan frowned and placed her phone'down, '' no one ever asks, all they do is make assumptions that's why I cleared it before you make some of your own'' Mayank was definitely susprised at her confidence.

''so what do you do?" mayank question once he settled on the couch.

''I teach music to kids''

Mayank smiled,' seems like music genes run in the family'' Gunjan looked at him offended but softened up realizing he was not at fault, he was new here he was not use to their ways, '' it does, but I'm a English major''

'DAMN it!!' they heard from the other side of room, Gunjan looked at mayank noticing his confused gaze she just smiled slyly,' excuse me'' he nodded watching her slide to the other side of the room leaving him all alone.

Mayank heard whispers deciding to hear better he walked forward and right than his conscious kicked in warning him, so he blocked the prying thought and settled on the couch once again.

Gunjan returned to the room with a apologetic smile, 'I'm sorry for making you wait''

Mayank shook his head and told her to let go of such thoughts, '' can I ask you something?''

Gunjan turned around and faced him waiting for him to continue on, '' is she shy?'' he said pointing towards the sliding doors.

'' Di and shy  no way but she is different''

'and by different you mean?'' Gunjan noticed his anticipation to know more about nupur, she bit her lip and quietened down, telling herself that it was not her right to say anything about nupur to a stranger who knew nothing about her.

''by different I mean she is unique, now will you stop prying about my sister and tell me about yourself''' Mayank smiled nodding, '' technically she is not your sister...'' seeing gunjan glare angrily, mayank stopped himself,' so, what do you want to know?''

''have you always been this cocky?'' mayank laughed, watching her fix her specs and put a book bookmark in the book she had opened earlier to read.

''yes and no, I'm a very genuine person once you get to know me!' pausing he eyed at her in one glance, '' but looking at you, it seems like you judge based on first impressions''

Gunjan rolled her eyes, '' well you know what they say, first impressions are the last impressions!''

''well I hope my first impression has been a good one?''

'' well at first glance you seemed like a humble guy but ''' she stopped momentarily looked towards the sliding doors and than continued again, '' but now I think you are a brat''

''just because I'm an only child?'' seeing her nod, he averted his gaze, '' well miss I'm so modest, you are only child also''

''No, I'm '' Mayank smiled watching her stop mid 'way with that exaggerated look on her face, ''seriously do you have a problem with her?''

Mayank shook his head, '' I don't even know her''

''but it seems like you want to know her''

Walking to the windowed he peaked outside and than turned back, '' maybe I do? Or maybe not '''

Before they could continue their chat any further, they both were called downstairs for dinner.

Gunjan lead him into the dining area, it looked like it had been taken out of some magazine, the furniture was the expensive kind with beautiful finishing's, there were two cupboards that held china in them, a big huge chandelier to accentuate the beauty of this gigantic room even more. On the table there was a beautiful centerpiece and surrounding it everyone's cutlery was placed out in a very classy manner.

With everyone already seated and deep into talk, Mayank pulled out the chair for gunjan and she sat down after smiling at him.

Dinner went by nice and quietly but something intrigued mayank; it was the girl who was hiding away in that room. The family seemed nice enough and Gunjan seemed to be awe of her there was no sign of unpleasantness than why had she not joined them on the dinning table.

Once dinner was over, the elders moved back to the living room to chat among themselves while having their tea. Gunjan asked mayank to accompany her outside for a troll, at first he was resistant towards it but agreed upon her request. He was very much aware of gaze savitri had on him and gunjan and he had somewhat of an idea of what she might be thinking, and he didn't want to give water to that seed by agreeing to go with gunjan. But he was helpless, gunjan had become a friend in a nick of time, he could not refuse her but he also did not like what savitri was planning, knowing his own parents they wouldn't ever mind having a girl like gunjan as their daughter ' in ' law, but he thought of her in no such way. She was friend, Yes a very good friend of his.

It was bit chilly outside so gunjan handed him his jacket while grabbing a shawl for her from the nearby cupboard.

''so tell me, why did you want to walk outside in this cold?'' mayank asked placing his hands in the pocket of his jeans to keep them warm, Gunjan on the other hand kept on to her shawl as it was windy.

''look, Mayank you're a great guy, but I have no intention of getting married!'' she said straight out not meeting his gaze for a second.

''is that all?'' he questioned watching her become a nervous wreck in front of him, she shook her head, '' no, and I love this guy, but mom and dad would kill me before wedding me to him. They despise the idea of love and what not.'' finally when she breathed mayank held her by her shoulder.

''gunjan I have no intentions of marrying you either, I like you'' gunjan raised her left eyebrow, '' as a friend, as a good friend'' she smiled in relief.

''thank god, when mom told me her old friend her son was coming over, I thought maybe you guys were coming over to see me'' mayank smiled at her innocent watching her twitch beneath his gaze nervously.

'' so tell me more about this guy, you like' Gunjan blushed deeply and looked straight towards the house, but something caught her eye making her fearful and slightly him also, there was fear, pain and anger,

''just stay here, I'll be right back'' she lashed away from him and ran into the house, mayank looked at her confused and than fixed his gaze at what she was looking and he saw her, he saw her standing there on a chair with hands around her neck tightening the rope around her neck, fear instilled in him...he hurried into the house without another thought and made his way up the stairs until he came near their bedroom, before he could open the door he heard her scream, scream in pain, anguish, guilt, regret, misery, anger, and fear'.

------------------------------------------------------

There a total of 10 chapters, updates would be irregular but i would update when i can.

Hope you like it.

If you want to be pmed do tell me.
Sajjal
Edited by -Sajjal- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--jiya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
reserved

*edited*

Congo for the new story๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ‘

OMG!! I thought it was Nupur who was coming down, but it was Gunjan๐Ÿ˜ฒ
but it was still okay๐Ÿ˜ƒ

but then, Nupur tried to do WHAT??๐Ÿ˜ฒ

OMG!! I can't wait to know the secret now.... plzz continue soon๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thnx for de pm
Edited by jiya_angel - 13 years ago
sreevijayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome start dear..loved teh majan convo soooooo much.........
oh my GOD.....is it nupur who is gonna hang?????
cant wait to read more...
pls continue soon dear....
IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
tht was soooooooooooo niceeeeeee love it
Bhawna_arti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice part dear n pm me. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Edited by Bhawna_arti - 13 years ago
mayur-ki-diwani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
congossss for new ss

awesomeeeee concept

loved it

OMG nupur gonna suicide

continue soon
Auroni.92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
One more ff from u!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Im too happy sajjal and congo for that...
Starting is amazing..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.The suspense u created by not showing nupur ws really fab...But whats the mystery with her...That scene of committing suicide just took my breath away...Never ever imagined that...
Plz update soon...Cant wait now...
valliyah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Congrats dear......................mindblowing start...............cont soon n thnx for pm....................!!!
SAISakura16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
res..will edit all my posts soon.
AmyArTiMayUr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oyeee....ek aur???๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You know you have to PM me, right??๐Ÿ˜ƒ

As for the chap...comment when im done reading but i know it will be GREAT ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

EDITED:

OH MY MY MY....WHAT A START MEETHI๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This was totally AWESOME...the way you described everything....beautiful๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And FULL OF MYSTERY๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ which is what i like and which is why, my dear, you will have to post updates soon๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Im eager to know why Nupur's mum isnt refering to her as her daughter and what caused Nupur to become suicidal...seems like a serious issue.....

Well im sure Mayank will help her get out of it๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And huny, as usual, you write WONDERFULLY๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Love ya LOTS and Miss you...and update soon please๐Ÿ˜ƒ and also waiting for your comments on my stories when you get the time๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by AmyArTiMayUr - 13 years ago