Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: maanmishti

i loved the update.......but i would love geet sang the song dil diya hein jaan bhi denge he wathan tere liye.........it suites more to the party........but anyways the update was nice and sad.......i feel maan will start avoiding her.......anyways i know avoiding will make them fall in love.........plzzzzz update soon

I don't know the song you have mentioned.  I'm sure it would have been good too. So you think Maan's avoidance will make him fall in love with her? Lets see.
Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: KinshukKiDewani

luved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ur simpyl aweosme
do carry on soon plz!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: ManEetkiDeewaNi

That was wonderful...

How they kind of are the two side of one coin...like when Maan handles the sports she handles the cultural events...they just complete each other....and the race..they attraction is there and love one sided but will Maan be able to awaken the feeling that is dormant in his heart???

and than he utterly confused as to what to make our Geet songs and his own feeling (BTW loved the song)...i hope he doesnt decide to distance himself from her or flat out say no....he needs to get a better understanding.

Thanks so much for the update....

Thanks. Yes, Maan and Geet compliment and complete each other. Attraction is definitely there. Is it love? That is the question. Geet has no doubts but Maan is confused about his own feelings although he knows that Geet loves him. He need better understanding but it is not going to come soon.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: -afsha-

Liked all the 4 parts

Maan scared of cockroach hehehehehe
Geet is fab
Now Maan will agn be rude n i dnt want it
But stil lets c
Update soon

Thanks Afsha. Yes, the mighty Maan is scared of cockroaches.  Maan could be rude. Lets see.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: perfectflirt8

nice update .. loved it ..thanks for pm

thanks perfectflirt. You do have a strange ID!
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: swetha10

wow lovely updates.. hope maan doesn't distance himself frm geet.. continue soon

Thanks Swetha. Maan will start acting strangely because of his own confusion.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: panchjun5

@Opti....First off let me say...WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!....You sure know how to bring characters and scenes to life....I could vividly imagine all the scenes that you wrote about!!!👍🏼

Hadn't been able to catch up with your FF last week as I was a little busy....But saved all your PMs and as today I had time went on a marathon read. Started at around 11 today after the cricket match and dinner and didn't stop till I finished all the parts. Or I should say I just couldn't stop!!!

I must say that you have a gift with words and your stories are so real and close to life that they are relatable and that make it more interesting and appealing!!!

Eagerly awaiting your next update and please do PM me when you do....Thanks....🤗....And once again....👏

P.S:-I have to confess I couldn't see Geet and Maan but only Milind and Prachi...Coz I was a very avid fan of their jodi too...and this story is similar to theirs....I know its based on an FF you wrote for them but I see that you have made some changes to suit Maan and Geet's character but still I could only see them...😛😊

Thanks Kavi. I thought you were not interested in the fic so stopped PMing you of late but will do so from now on. Glad you like this story and yes it is based on Michi and is more relatable to their characters. That is the reason I did not Maaneetify this fic for a long time. I was emboldened to do so after seeing the tapori GC in the valentine day celebrations.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: myedward12

very nice update.........
poor geet, y maan is not excepting his love?😭

Thanks. You will find out why Maan is not able to accept Geet's love. Just wait for a few updates.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: bmtdluver

i just caught up with all of your updates, and they are amazing. It's a really sweet story. But i hope maan doesn't start distancing himself now

Thanks.  I'm afraid Maan will do a lot of not so nice things in his confusion.
Opti thumbnail

Part XXIII

It was Raksha Bandhan that day. Maan was getting ready to leave for work when Geet reminded him to come early so that they can go to Handa House to visit Anwesha. Maan nodded his head absent mindedly and uttering a hurried good bye, he left the house. Geet looked at his retreating form from the balcony and wondered about his behaviour in the past one week, since the Independence day. They were getting along pretty well till then and had started bonding as they let down their guards and got to know and understand each other better.

She had entered into this marriage with no great expectation.  She knew she was merely a leverage for her husband who wanted to ensure his sister's happiness by marrying her. She had, however, made up her mind to make this marriage work no matter what. His temper had initially scared her but she soon found out that behind the facade of a tough exterior lay a gentle and caring heart.  She did not know when she had started falling in love with her husband. She had always found him physically attractive but it was not just good looks that drew her to him. His simplicity, straight forwardness, sense of duty, self belief, care, love for his family, sense of humour, why, even his occasional grumpiness, which made him look cute like a baby, all were very, very, attractive to her. Before she realised it, she was head-over-heels in love with him.

Being shy, she was not able to say it in words and waited for her husband to make the first move, but although she suspected he too felt a strong attraction towards her, he never really opened up. She then decided to convey her feelings to her husband through the song she rendered on the Independence Day, hoping that it will get him to admit his own feelings for her. She had seen the look of admiration and pride in his eyes that day as he heard her sing. She also thought she caught a fleeting glimpse of something more but before she could feel elated, it was gone and was replaced by an enigmatic expression.  When he excused himself that night and came in late, she felt there was something amiss but could not put her finger to it.

Things only got more puzzling in the ensuing days. Although Maan treated her well, there was a certain aloofness in his behaviour which was not there in the past two months. It was as if he was holding himself back for some reason. He no longer joked with her. His conversations were reduced to the bare essentials. He was also coming home very late from work and when questioned he did not give her a satisfactory answer. All he said was that work load has increased, not that she suspected him. He did look worn out by the end of the day.  She tried to reassure him that if there was anything troubling him he can confide in her but he brushed it away saying that everything was alright. Not knowing what else to do or how to help him, she fervently prayed to God to grant him peace and happiness. She hoped that her husband will soon accept her love and reciprocate it.      

That evening Maan came home earlier than usual. Geet was ready in a simple salwar kameez, waiting for him. Maan had a box of sweets to be gifted to Anwesha. Geet handed him a cover. Looking at his puzzled expression, she explained that she had bought a silk saree for Anwesha the previous day and asked him to gift it to Anwesha along with the sweets. Maan's face clouded with anger.

"Will you never learn to value money? What was the need for such extravagant purchases? How will you run the house this month?"

Geet's eyes started filling up. "I bought this with the money I managed to save in the last two months. I did not touch the budget for this month," she said with trembling lips.

Maan wanted to drag her into his arms and wipe away her tears. He had no intention of yelling at her like that and would not have minded her spending for his sister from even this month's budget.  He had been harsh with her for a reason. He was trying to distance himself from her and this gift she bought came as an excuse to do so.  By acting unreasonable he hoped that she will have a poor opinion of him. He hoped that she will have second thoughts about him and gradually start disliking him, but it was harder than he thought. He could not bear to see the pain in her eyes. He quickly turned his face away, lest she sees his eyes mirroring her pain. Without another word he proceeded to his bike and Geet silently followed him after locking up the house.  On the way both of them did not utter a word, each lost in his/her own world.  

Once they reached the Handa House, they were enthusiastically greeted by a six months pregnant Anwesha and Rano. Arjun had not yet returned from work.  Maan was happy to see a radiant and glowing Anwesha. Although he had been regularly calling her up and was being reassured by her that she was doing fine, he was relieved to see her in person and confirm for himself that she was indeed telling him the truth. Anwesha then tied the rakhi around his wrist, applied the tilak on his forehead and fed him the sweet. Maan hugged her and kissed her forehead. He then handed her the gifts he and Geet had bought for her. She was elated to see the saree and complimented her bhabhi on the excellent choice. She quickly went in to change so that her brother can see her in it.

In the meantime Rano assured him that Anwesha was like her daughter and she will ensure that she was well looked after. Maan held her hand and thanked her with tears in his eyes.  Rano also expressed her gratitude to him for taking such good care of her daughter as she has never seen Geet so happy in a long, long time. Maan looked away guiltily.  He knew that Geet had expressly put on a cheerful face for her family. He wished he could wipe out the pain he had caused her earlier that evening but realised he may end up compounding her pain by doing so, for he wasn't sure he can give her what she really wants - his love.

Arjun came into the house just as Anwesha came out of her room in the saree Geet had bought. It was a beautiful off-white silk saree with maroon pochampalli border.  Seeing her in the saree, Arjun whistled loudly and said she looked divine in it. Anwesha excitedly told him that her Geet bhabhi had bought it for her. Arjun looked around for Geet and spotting her, went up and hugged her.  Geet hugged him back and tied him the rakhi. She was about to apply the tilak when Arjun stopped her saying he did not believe in all these stupid rituals. He turned around to Maan and slapped his back a little too hard, grinning sardonically.

"So how's life, saala?" he asked.

Before Maan could answer, he turned on his heels and went up to his room. Maan gritted his teeth at the insult. Rano looked flustered and rushed to him, asking him to come for dinner. Geet and Anwesha who were also equally uncomfortable, took the cue and quickly went about serving the food. During dinner, Anwesha caught up with all the events in the chawl.  She felt disappointed that she could not attend the Independence Day celebrations because she was feeling uneasy that day and Rano wouldn't take a chance after the scare she gave them three months back. So although both Rano and Anwesha were invited to attend the programme they could not come.

Turning to Geet, Anwesha congratulated her on the excellent singing. On seeing Geet's questioning look, she explained that Sameera had told her how beautifully she had sung that day. While Geet blushed and thanked her for the compliment she couldn't help but notice Maan squirm in his seat at the mention of the song. This only strengthened her doubt that whatever was troubling Maan was related to her song. Just what it was, she could not figure out.

After dinner, Maan and Geet thanked Rano and bid Anwesha good bye. As Arjun had not come down for the rest of the evening, they could not inform him that they were leaving. Anwesha tried to find an excuse for his rude behaviour by saying that he was complaining of headache since morning, so maybe he was tired and was resting.  Although Maan knew the truth, he did not say anything. Both Geet and Maan then left for their chawl house.

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago